Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Fat loss check in February 2013

This is a discussion on Fat loss check in February 2013 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi Tina! Today was not my last day for STS. It was either today or tomorrow for a rest day ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Cathlete
suethepooh's Profile Fields

Default Fat loss check in February 2013

Hi Tina! Today was not my last day for STS. It was either today or tomorrow for a rest day so I chose today. It's so much easier for me to fit a workout in on the weekends so a weekday rest is preferred. Disk 36 tomorrow, woot! I'm excited & anticipating missing it at the same time if that makes any sense. I hadn't even considered giving myself a reward, now I'm going to have to think about it. I have been wanting those magnetic weights that let you go up in smaller increments but I'm afraid what the shipping costs might be as they only appear to be available online.

New month, new weigh in. I'm down 4 lbs from 1/1. I had been down 6 about a week ago, not worried though because I've got my goals set up for 1 pound a week which should average out to 4 per month of course. So I'm on track there. I lost a quarter inch in my waist (yay!) and a half inch off my hips (don't care). Both my thigh and arm measurements went up, I'm thinking maybe just water weight? It's certainly not muscle bulk.

Tonight I was supposed to have fish for dinner but it was a new recipe and it tasted awful. So I loaded up on broccoli and had one piece of leftover pizza. No, it wasn't home made. I haven't perfected pizza crust yet and I wasn't in the mood to give it another go yesterday.

Your last post makes me think you might be getting sick? Are you feeling any better today? If you are getting sick consider not working out and letting your body heal. Plus girlie issues? Ugh, I hope it's not too uncomfortable!

Take care of yourself sweetie, I'll check in tomorrow
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Cathlete
Fembot40's Profile Fields

Hi Sue, thank you for starting a new thread! So, have you officially completed STS now? I hope it all went as planned. Congratulations on your weigh/measuring numbers, that's awesome!!

Today was a rest day for me. DH has had a shoulder issue with STS, so he's going to stop the program. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a rotation. I was only starting it back up so soon, so we could workout together. I'll go over it tomorrow night during the game, figure something out.

Did you think of a reward for yourself yet? : )
Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Cathlete

Hi Tina! Yup, I finished STS today I haven't thought of a reward but it will be something fitness related. I'm going to do a week of cardio then redo 1RM tests, then start the 30 day xtrain rotation.

Sorry to hear about your hubby's shoulder issues, I hope they're not too severe. What kind of rotation do you have time for before your vacation?

Have a great super Sunday! Go Baltimore!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Cathlete

CONGRATULATIONS SUE!! You! Did! It! : ) You've got to be feeling good! I hope you purchased your weight magnets. I want them also.

Woot Ravens! I was on the edge of my seat that last quarter. I'm so inspired by the OJ Brigance story. Awesome how the team honors him. Loved watching the difference between the coaches, hard to believe they're brothers; zen master vs. Tazmanian devil.

....I don't want to talk about the food during the game...like it never happened...

I'm craving some older workouts, so this week I'm going to do BM2, Imax 1, MM, and HSC. I really enjoyed the Xtrain weight workouts this past week, so I'll repeat them next week and then start the STS undulating rotation after that.

Have a great night. : )
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Cathlete

Hi Sue, I hope you're doing well. This morning I did HSC and this evening I did STS M2 Chest/shoulders/tris. DH wanted to try the next meso to see if it irritated his rotator cuff. He has an old injury that flares up pretty easily, so he's extra cautious. I think he's decided to go back to MM for now.

No walk tonight, it's way too cold out. Missing that extra calorie burn, so is the dog. Only five more weeks until we change the clocks again! : )
Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Cathlete

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday I fell asleep early! I ate too much sugar yesterday while staying in calorie allowance. I paid for it today, after sleeping a solid 9 hours I woke up so tired and with a headache. I had to force myself to get out of bed and start being productive.

I ordered the pace weights today, only $16 shipping My reward for finishing STS is more weights, gotta love it! Yesterday was 1 section of Tabatacize, today a 3 mile walk on the treadmill. I think later this week I'll do super cuts for the first time.

Look at you going back to the oldies! How are they stacking up against the latest and greatest? Too bad STS isn't working out for your hubby Is your daughter still into kickboxing?

Have a great Tuesday
Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Cathlete

Woot for the weight magnets! What an awesome reward, plus zero calories!

I'm really enjoying my oldies week. My backside is quite sore from yesterday's HSC. Really enjoyed Imax this morning. I bumped up to an 8 inch step, which I noticed towards the end. DH wants to continue with STS legs on Wednesdays, so I have that planned for tomorrow.

DD has been working out to Christi Taylor's new Zumba style workout. She (DD) quit dancing this year, after being really involved with it for 14 years, so this workout has been great for her.

I joined Cathe's Nutrition Manager this morning. I'm very motivated to drop 10lbs before our trip. I joined it last year at the end of January, and I was happy to see when I weighed in this morning, that I weigh less than I did last year at this time. I also did measuring, which I haven't done in years. All I can say is "whoa". : / It's just numbers, right? RIGHT? At least I'll have more to guage progress by.

I'll be interested to see what you think of Supercuts. Hope you like it. : )
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Cathlete

Hi Tina! congrats on your DOMS and nice job on bumping up your step! When I try to do it there's always a bit of a stumble-fest . Your hubby should also try chest/back from meso 3 if it doesn't bother his shoulder. I really enjoyed those workouts. WTG on losing weight from last year!!! I bet it was nice to see your hard work has paid off. Yes, the measurements are just number. remember "that which gets measured gets done" - I can't remember where that quote's from.

Today I did hard strikes. And I lost a pound. MFP is working for me, but I gotta tell you I'm getting tired of counting calories . My self control is doing okay. This morning there were donuts on my kitchen counter, I moved them out of my line of sight and had a bowl of raisin bran. Then tonight my family wanted fast food instead of the meal we had planned, so I made myself eggs while they ate their burgers.

Tomorrow should be a walk/run for me, have fun w/ STS legs
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Cathlete

Hi Tina! Today was a walk/run, getting ready for another dash next month Tomorrow I'll do super cuts - I'm intimidated but I have to dive in sometime. Eating was okay, a bit too much sugar but I'm full on TTOTM so I gotta have my chocolate. I made a serving of whole grain pasta for lunch and was full all the way to dinner. I think one of Cathe's articles this week mentioned some nutritionists think each gram of fiber negates 7 calories. I'm going to have to look into that more, but for sure my hunger is controlled when I'm eating more fiber.

I hope you had a great day!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Cathlete

Sue, I'm so inspired by your self control! Congrats on another pound lost, you must be feeling great. I'm starting my third day of the Nutrition Manager and I'm feeling much bettter. I'm not sure why this method works so well for me, I think it may be the grading system and my distant memories of parochial school. Talk about a lasting impression.

Yesterday was High Reps in the a.m., and STS M1D9 legs in the p.m. with DH. I had forgotten what a great burn HR gives. I need to rotate this workout more often. This morning I'm short on time, so I'm going to do Athletic Step.

Awesome job signing up for another race! Damn, I wish I could run...

I hope you have a great day! : )