Fat loss check in February 2013

suethepooh

Cathlete
Hi Tina! Today was not my last day for STS. It was either today or tomorrow for a rest day so I chose today. It's so much easier for me to fit a workout in on the weekends so a weekday rest is preferred. Disk 36 tomorrow, woot! I'm excited & anticipating missing it at the same time if that makes any sense. I hadn't even considered giving myself a reward, now I'm going to have to think about it. I have been wanting those magnetic weights that let you go up in smaller increments but I'm afraid what the shipping costs might be as they only appear to be available online.

New month, new weigh in. I'm down 4 lbs from 1/1. I had been down 6 about a week ago, not worried though because I've got my goals set up for 1 pound a week which should average out to 4 per month of course. So I'm on track there. I lost a quarter inch in my waist (yay!) and a half inch off my hips (don't care). Both my thigh and arm measurements went up, I'm thinking maybe just water weight? It's certainly not muscle bulk.

Tonight I was supposed to have fish for dinner but it was a new recipe and it tasted awful. So I loaded up on broccoli and had one piece of leftover pizza. No, it wasn't home made. I haven't perfected pizza crust yet and I wasn't in the mood to give it another go yesterday.

Your last post makes me think you might be getting sick? Are you feeling any better today? If you are getting sick consider not working out and letting your body heal. Plus girlie issues? Ugh, I hope it's not too uncomfortable!

Take care of yourself sweetie, I'll check in tomorrow :)

Hi Sue, thank you for starting a new thread! So, have you officially completed STS now? I hope it all went as planned. Congratulations on your weigh/measuring numbers, that's awesome!!

Today was a rest day for me. DH has had a shoulder issue with STS, so he's going to stop the program. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a rotation. I was only starting it back up so soon, so we could workout together. I'll go over it tomorrow night during the game, figure something out.

Did you think of a reward for yourself yet? : )

Hi Tina! Yup, I finished STS today :) I haven't thought of a reward but it will be something fitness related. I'm going to do a week of cardio then redo 1RM tests, then start the 30 day xtrain rotation.

Sorry to hear about your hubby's shoulder issues, I hope they're not too severe. What kind of rotation do you have time for before your vacation?

Have a great super Sunday! Go Baltimore! :)

CONGRATULATIONS SUE!! You! Did! It! : ) You've got to be feeling good! I hope you purchased your weight magnets. I want them also.

Woot Ravens! I was on the edge of my seat that last quarter. I'm so inspired by the OJ Brigance story. Awesome how the team honors him. Loved watching the difference between the coaches, hard to believe they're brothers; zen master vs. Tazmanian devil.

....I don't want to talk about the food during the game...like it never happened... :eek:

I'm craving some older workouts, so this week I'm going to do BM2, Imax 1, MM, and HSC. I really enjoyed the Xtrain weight workouts this past week, so I'll repeat them next week and then start the STS undulating rotation after that.

Have a great night. : )

Hi Sue, I hope you're doing well. This morning I did HSC and this evening I did STS M2 Chest/shoulders/tris. DH wanted to try the next meso to see if it irritated his rotator cuff. He has an old injury that flares up pretty easily, so he's extra cautious. I think he's decided to go back to MM for now.

No walk tonight, it's way too cold out. Missing that extra calorie burn, so is the dog. Only five more weeks until we change the clocks again! : )

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday I fell asleep early! I ate too much sugar yesterday while staying in calorie allowance. I paid for it today, after sleeping a solid 9 hours I woke up so tired and with a headache. I had to force myself to get out of bed and start being productive.

I ordered the pace weights today, only $16 shipping :) My reward for finishing STS is more weights, gotta love it! Yesterday was 1 section of Tabatacize, today a 3 mile walk on the treadmill. I think later this week I'll do super cuts for the first time.

Look at you going back to the oldies! How are they stacking up against the latest and greatest? Too bad STS isn't working out for your hubby :( Is your daughter still into kickboxing?

Have a great Tuesday :)

Woot for the weight magnets! What an awesome reward, plus zero calories!

I'm really enjoying my oldies week. My backside is quite sore from yesterday's HSC. Really enjoyed Imax this morning. I bumped up to an 8 inch step, which I noticed towards the end. DH wants to continue with STS legs on Wednesdays, so I have that planned for tomorrow.

DD has been working out to Christi Taylor's new Zumba style workout. She (DD) quit dancing this year, after being really involved with it for 14 years, so this workout has been great for her.

I joined Cathe's Nutrition Manager this morning. I'm very motivated to drop 10lbs before our trip. I joined it last year at the end of January, and I was happy to see when I weighed in this morning, that I weigh less than I did last year at this time. I also did measuring, which I haven't done in years. All I can say is "whoa". : / It's just numbers, right? RIGHT? At least I'll have more to guage progress by.

I'll be interested to see what you think of Supercuts. Hope you like it. : )

Hi Tina! congrats on your DOMS and nice job on bumping up your step! When I try to do it there's always a bit of a stumble-fest :). Your hubby should also try chest/back from meso 3 if it doesn't bother his shoulder. I really enjoyed those workouts. WTG on losing weight from last year!!! I bet it was nice to see your hard work has paid off. Yes, the measurements are just number. remember "that which gets measured gets done" - I can't remember where that quote's from.

Today I did hard strikes. And I lost a pound. MFP is working for me, but I gotta tell you I'm getting tired of counting calories :(. My self control is doing okay. This morning there were donuts on my kitchen counter, I moved them out of my line of sight and had a bowl of raisin bran. Then tonight my family wanted fast food instead of the meal we had planned, so I made myself eggs while they ate their burgers.

Tomorrow should be a walk/run for me, have fun w/ STS legs :)

Hi Tina! Today was a walk/run, getting ready for another dash next month :) Tomorrow I'll do super cuts - I'm intimidated but I have to dive in sometime. Eating was okay, a bit too much sugar but I'm full on TTOTM so I gotta have my chocolate. I made a serving of whole grain pasta for lunch and was full all the way to dinner. I think one of Cathe's articles this week mentioned some nutritionists think each gram of fiber negates 7 calories. I'm going to have to look into that more, but for sure my hunger is controlled when I'm eating more fiber.

I hope you had a great day! :)

Sue, I'm so inspired by your self control! Congrats on another pound lost, you must be feeling great. I'm starting my third day of the Nutrition Manager and I'm feeling much bettter. I'm not sure why this method works so well for me, I think it may be the grading system and my distant memories of parochial school. Talk about a lasting impression.

Yesterday was High Reps in the a.m., and STS M1D9 legs in the p.m. with DH. I had forgotten what a great burn HR gives. I need to rotate this workout more often. This morning I'm short on time, so I'm going to do Athletic Step.

Awesome job signing up for another race! Damn, I wish I could run...

I hope you have a great day! : )

Hi Tina! I'm glad the nutrition manager is working out for you :). I used it for a month last year and spent way too much time trying to get As across the board. Nice job on your double workouts! More wall squats, is hubby getting better at it?

Today I did super cuts! I was intimidated because I've read the comparisons to Afterburn and that's the workout that is most challenging for me. Two thumbs up for me on this workout. The balance moves were challenging but fun and the whole thing just flies by. Of course the pushups at the end were not my strong suit and there's room for me to grow throughout. I was worried my knee would bother me with all the lunges but I was okay. My only complaint is not being able to hear Cathe clearly over the music during the floor work.

Had breakfast for dinner tonight. Bacon - it's almost not allowed in my house, but we do eat it occasionally. it's ridiculous how happy certain foods make me.

Tomorrow will be a rest day for me. it's so hard to eat within budget on a rest day. time to flex that willpower :(

Have a great Friday!

Did you say "bacon"? Why is it so darn tasty!? I allow myself one piece a week. We have a big family breakfast on the weekend; eggs, bacon, bagels, yogurt, and granola. It's my favorite meal of the week. Mmmmmm. Happy to hear you liked Supercuts. To me, it is much easier than Afterburn. Afterburn is in a whole different category, phew.

DH is getting better at the ball squats. He's loving the leg portion of STS. Yesterday was Step Blast in the a.m. and Xtrain Ride in the p.m. I'm saving my rest day for tomorrow, sounds like we may be without power on Saturday. MM planned for after work tonight.

Have a great weekend! : )

Hi Tina! I can't believe you can eat just one slice of bacon! Talk about self-control :). I hope you don't ls power, do you have a backup generator? Still loving Ride?

I'm feeling DOMS in my glutes and obliques today - yay! It's a rest day so I was concerned I wouldn't be able to stay with my calorie goal. I was out shopping and getting hungry so decided to eat out. I totally scored at Which Wich, they have lettuce wraps! Also my pace weights arrived today -those magnets are STRONG!

I start redoing 1RM tests tomorrow, have a nice rest day!

Yesterday I ended up doing M2D15 with DH. He's going to keep trying STS and modifying the shoulder work. Today was Cardio Leg Blast extreme premix. There is too much snow to get to work today, so tomorrow will be my rest day. I have hours of shoveling to do yet, I can't open any of the doors to the outside.

What do you have planned for workouts this week? Sounds like your willpower is still on overdrive! : )

I didn't expect a leg workout from shoveling, but to make it to my parents house and to my back door, I had to hoof it through waist deep snow. Talk about glute work, whoa. It was tougher than CLB, phew. Too bad it's too deep to cross country ski.

Hi Tina! Looks like you're surviving Nemo :) CLB extreme + high snow stepping - I don't envy the DOMS you'll be having! Good for your hubby for staying with STS, he's going to be happy he did.

Today I did 75 minutes of 1RM testing, all upper body because I still have lower body DOMS from super cuts a couple of days ago. This week I'll be walk/running 4days and fitting in 1RM tests wherever I can. I'd also like to do CLB in its entirety, I've only done the cardio premix so far.

Have a nice rest day :)

No workout for me today. I worked most of the day and then came home and crashed. Eating was great all day until I came home. It's very bad to go too long between meals, oy.

I bet you find CLB much easier to do as is. I don't think I would try the cardio only premix. Those band plie jump/squats kill me, I can't imagine jumping right into another cardio right after. Are you seeing improvements in your 1RM tests?

Hi Tina! My local grocery store moved down the street and expanded to a super store. I was so excited to shop there for the first time today, but within minutes I hated it. The acoustics are terrible, background music is too loud but still there's the buzz of everyone all around you. I think next time I'll bring ear plugs! Too many people. My favorite cereal wasn't on the shelf so I asked if it could be stocked. The customer service guy didn't know, actually asked me if I had the barcode from the box so he could look it up. Really, do people carry around barcodes?

Okay, enough complaining. My 1RM numbers are mostly going up, some by 20% and higher! I wasn't expecting such a big increase but I'll take it. A handful of 1RM numbers went down and I can't figure out a good reason for it. There's no way I'm weaker than when I started STS. I may go back to my workout sheets and see if there's some clue for lower numbers.

Good to know on CLB, yes the cardio only premix is tough! Speaking of those bands - when I was trying to put it around my legs in supercuts it kept rolling up on me, I paused for quite a while trying to get the band to lay smooth. it never happened, I finally took it off and tied a regular band around my legs.

Today was a walk/run, same for tomorrow + some more 1RM tests. Have a nice Monday!

Sue, great job on the 1RM increases! Will you be planning another STS round this year? Today I did M1D1 and Plates and Weights abs. I can't wait to get back to our after dinner walk. This weather is a real bummer.

I am a self professed grocery snob. We have two supermarkets, one right next door to the other. One has high prices, clean floors, and you can hand pick your own produce. The other is crowded, prepackages groups of produce, and smells like sour milk. I've tried to shop at the less expensive store twice and quickly returned to the more expensive store. Maybe once the hoopla around your new store calms, it will be a better place to shop.

I had that same thing happen with the band in SC, not very comfortable. Maybe when it warms up and shorts are back in, the band will stay flat on bare skin.

Hi Tina :) Too bad about the weather, are you getting cabin fever? I'm jealous of your grocery store, I'd have to go a few towns away to get anything upscale. I bet you have great seafood too. Great workout, weights & plates is challenging!

My workout today was cardio leg blast + core 2 and some 1RM tests. All I can say is wow! The cardio only premix is so much easier than the whole shebang! It was my first time with core 2, talk about a crunch fest! My core needs a lot of work! Got about 20% increase on 1RMs again today, with the exception of one I went down a tad. I'm definitely doing STS again at least once this year, I need to keep building my muscles :)

Happy Wednesday :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.