Fat loss check in February 2013

Sue, could I jump on board and do STS with you the next round? I definitely plan to do another round this year at some point. I am liking this undulating rotation, but I can jump off at any point. Today I have M1D3 legs planned. Last night DH and I dusted off Stretch Max and did the stability ball stretch. I had forgotten how good this DVD is. I think I need to purchase a new yoga workout, Short and Sweet by Travis Eliot looks like it may be just the perfect length. Sitting around after dinner, instead of our walks, is getting old.

Great work on your 1RM tests. I noticed that I went down on some of the shoulder work. I think I over estimated my first time through and didn't consider proper form.

We've changed my dad's nickname to "the dessert fairy". He continues to bring treats by almost every night. Last night was a fancy bakery cake and a carton of milk. He's not helping my eating plan...

I hope you have a great day! : )

Hi Tina! I'd love to have a workout buddy the next time through STS! You might motivate me to actually attempt a chin up :) You know if it weren't for stretch max I probably wouldn't be a Cathe devotee, it was the very first thing I tried of Cathe's on fitTV. I agree with you on the 1RM numbers - the first time through I was clueless and probably did many reps with bad form. So funny you have a dessert fairy! Does he know you're trying to lose weight? BTW, how's your mom doing?

Today's motto is "everything hurts!". Last night's workout kicked by booty! Tonight I did a walk/run. I might do yoga or take a rest day tomorrow.

Have a great Thursday :)

Rest day for me today. I hope you're having a nice valentines day :). The only thing that kept me away from the candy is the trans fats, otherwise I would have indulged. Busy work day & I'm pooped, so good night and have a wonderful Friday!

Happy Valentine's Sue! I almost missed it by 20 minutes. I did okay with staying away from all the chocolate in the house, until I had the urge to make chocolate cherry cookies.

I was foolish yesterday and did M1D3 in the a.m. and then I did M1D12 in the p.m. I couldn't even think of working out this morning. I thought spinning tonight might break some of the doms up, but it did the opposite. I won't be trying that stunt again too soon. Tomorrow is M1D2 and Saturday is a welcome rest day.

Thanks for asking about my mom. She is doing well and her hair is really starting to grow back now. She's adorable in cropped hair.

Have a great Friday. : )

Hi Tina! I hope you're having a great weekend :). I'm working this weekend trying to get caught up on my out of control todo list. Yesterday I did a walk/run and today I did 1RM tests, man it's taking forever! I'm dealing great though about the numbers I'm seeing. Been staying on track with my calories but it's getting tedious. I need to schedule a day off so I can have a big meal and a cocktail, then recommit to the plan. :)

If you want to share the chocolate cherry cookies recipe I wouldn't mind :). You really were foolish with two STS workouts in one day! I think once you do one workout you need to wait at least 24 hours (preferably 48) before working the same body part. Was one workout on your own & the other with hubby? How are your DOMS? subsided yet?

Tomorrow is a walk/run for me, I'm really enjoying those. There's something about listening to tunes and letting my mind wander that really floats my boat. I hope you have a fabulous day :)

Good morning Sue, I hope you had a great weekend. We're dealing with more snow and high winds...again. My shoulders have had it will all the shoveling. I'm going to skip upper body work today and give them a rest. Saturday was a rest day and yesterday was kickboxing, but it was one of those constantly interrupted workouts. I haven't done Lo Max in awhile, I think I'll try that this morning.

Here is the link to the recipe for chocolate cherry cookies, they're fantastic: Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies II Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Hope that works. I gave most of mine away for Valentine's, they're fantastic!

Great job on your outside workouts! I am having major cycling withdrawls, spinning has become very repetitive. I need sun and fresh air. : (

You've mentioned you enjoyed reading, so I wanted to recommend an excellent book to you. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. It went to right to my top 10 list.

Hope you have a great Monday! : )

Hey Tina, sorry about all the snow! I hope you get to cycle outdoors soon. Thanks for the link to the recipe, I LOVE that site! I will definitely be making those the next time I take a day off, maybe sooner if I think I have self control :). Yesterday and today were both walk/runs. tomorrow I'm going to do more 1RMs and maybe add a tabata on. Maybe even some core too :). I'm going to check out the book you recommended, I could use some non-TV entertainment! Have a great day tomorrow :)

I was in a bit of a bad mood today, had to force myself to do 1RM tests, no cardio, no abs. Tomorrow will be a better day :). I hope you're well! :)

Good morning Sue, sorry I didn't check in yesterday. We had a very long book club debate last night. I've never seen it get so heated, LOVE IT! I was very good and only snacked on grapes while I was there.

Yesterday was M1D4. I should have waited one more day, my shoulder is still quite sore. I know that feeling you're talking about, I felt like that on Sunday.

The rotation I had planned has fizzled a bit. I'm going to revise it. I'm not good with going off the plan.

I hope you're feeling better today. : )

Hi Tina :) it was raining today do I did my walk/run on the treadmill - not my favorite thing. I hope your shoulder's doing better! What's your new rotation going to be? I've never been in a book club, I like reading but the thought of doing it on a deadline is too much for me. Were you discussing the Me Before You book that you recommended? I'm bumping it up on my priority list, I need to know what the debate was about!

This week I made two loaves of banana bread, and not one bite has passed my lips! Since I restarted the calorie counting it's just not worth the 200+ cals for a minuscule piece. How is the Cathe app treating you? are you on it for the month or did you spring for a whole year?

Have a great Thursday!

Hi Sue, we are on the same wave length. I woke up this morning and immediately made cinnamon bread and banana bread, well, they're still in the process. I do, however, plan on having some. The force is strong within you, send some my way. : )

Yesterday I did M3D26 in the a.m. and M2D14 in the p.m. It is still too cold to walk and I have major cabin fever. My legs are going to be as big as telephone polls if it doesn't get warm soon. I'm not near as sore as last week, maybe I'm adapting. My shoulder seems better today, so tomorrow I'll plan M2D15.

Yes, the arguements were about Me Before You. I won't give away the topic, in case you do get to reading it. I listen to audio books most of the time, although I always have a book to read before bed. Our libaray usually can get me a copy through inter library loan. I download them onto my iPod and listen at work. Do you have a commute to work, they're wonderful in the car too. I would never make the deadline if it weren't for the audio option.

I'm thinking I'll do one more week of STS and then go back to Xtrain and Gym Styles for two weeks. I'll rotate that way the following month; STS for two weeks and then Xtrain/GS.

I hope you have a great day. : )

Hi Tina, I downloaded a sample of the book you recommended, it's a good read so far. unfortunately I read some of the reviews and one of them was a bit of a spoiler. But I'll continue anyway, it's about the journey, right? I work from home so my commute is as long as it takes to brew a pot of coffee. I've never listened to audio books.

Today I did more 1RM tests, I'm about 2/3 done now, I've left most of the leg work to the end, hopefully I can get those done over the weekend.

I'm sending you some of my force! Honestly I know I'll take a day off soon, I haven't scheduled it yet but knowing a high calorie day is in my future helps to keep me on the straight and narrow. Also I have 3lbs to get to my intermediate goal. then I'll go into maintenance mode & ponder next steps.

How are you spending your time since you can't get outside for a walk? Sometimes I'll set up the step in front of the TV and step slowly while watching. Takes a some of the guilt away from watching tv. Your new rotation sounds good, although i don't have gym styles. Which STS mesos will you be doing? whatever strikes your fancy?

Have a great Friday!

Hi Sue! Congratulations on nearing your weigh in goal! You've certainly worked hard to get there! : )

Today was M1D5 and STS no equip. abs. My shoulder is fully recovered. I am boycotting this weekends snow shoveling, not going through that again.

I'm still working out the kinks in how to continue the next 8 weeks of rotation. My problem seems to be that I don't want to be away from STS for any length of time.

I hope you're able to get outside and enjoy the weekend. : )

Hi Tina, thanks for the kudos :). I had a bowl of lentil soup for lunch today & my hunger was gone for a loooong time. I'd gotten away from it because let's face it, lentil soup is boring. But it really does the trick filling me up. I have apple cinnamon oatmeal in the crock pot for tomorrow's breakfast. it's my first time using the crock pot overnight so I hope it turns out well.

I did a walk/run today, it was only 40 degrees outside, pretty chilly for my neck of the woods, I bet you might consider that warm right about now! All my weekends will be filled with work until I get myself caught up, my only fun will be my workouts :).

I'm wondering if you can mix up STS, xtrain and gym styles all in one week? do one body part from each of the series, the following weeks switch up the series/body parts? That would have you doing STS at least once a week?

Have a great, shovel-free weekend!

Hi Sue, I hope you had a cheat day finally. You've had a long clean run of it! I'm yo-yo-ing like crazy. Only 8 weeks until vacation, oy!

Today was Ride with hubby and a wet snow-stormy walk. I dressed like a mummy, so it was all good. I won't be having any vistors because I stuck to the plan and left the walkway unshoveled. It's that heavy slushy stuff, so it's staying.

Bummer about the plot give away on the book. It is still a really great read. Our book club shouting wasn't about the moral dilemma, more to do with judgement of the main character. If you read it, I'd love to run it by you.

No school this week, so I will be catching up on record keeping, laundry (LAUNDRY!!), and decluttering.

: )

Hi Tina! I did take the day off yesterday and ate whatever I wanted. I started eating tortilla chips and before I knew it half the bag was gone! So I threw in ice cream and brownies to really indulge. I woke up this morning with zero cravings and was not even hungry until lunch time. I did another walk/run today. 3 weeks until my dash then I'll start the 30 day xtrain rotation.

I'm glad you were able to get outside for a walk, even if it was a slushy mess! Does leaving your walkway unshoveled mean your dessert fairy won't make it to your house? :).

I can't wait to judge that main character :). I'll let you know when I finish the book.

Have a great week off from school!

Good morning Sue, I hope you're having a great week so far. I've finally ironed out my rotation for the next eight weeks. This week I'm doing upper body Xtrain and both XT leg workouts. Next week will be Gym Styles, followed by two weeks of Meso 1 upper body and Meso 3 plyo legs. Then I'll repeat that again for the following month.

After Cathe's anouncement yesterday (YIPEE!!), I'm thinking I'll start STS when we return from vacation and do the STS 90 day rotation. I still plan on taking August off from heavy weights and concentrate on cycling and yoga. That should set up nicely for the new workouts, which I'm guessing would be shipped by September (fingers crossed). I'd love it if you would join me on another STS round. I'll repeat it again sometime in the fall, if this spring is too soon for you.

Have a great day! : )

Tina

Hello Ladies,

My name is Addie Lane. Do you mind if I hop along with your group. I am new to this and dont really know much but I am starting on the 3 month beginner rotation.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Addie

Hi Addie! welcome aboard :). Tell us about yourself, have you started the beginner rotation already? Are you enjoying it? I'm 44 yo, late bloomer when it comes to fitness. After being underweight most of my life i ballooned and my top weight was 178 a couple of years ago. I've lost 36 pounds slowly by modifying my eating habits. My Achilles heal is sugar. I prefer weights to cardio.

Tina tell me your start date for STS and I'll plan on it. I'm excited too about the new workouts, definitely preordering :). How is your week off from school going?

No workout for me today. Idid a walk/run on the treadmill yesterday, it was way too windy to go outside.

Have a great Wednesday ladies :)

Hi Sue!

Thank you. Wow and congrats on the weight lost. :)

I am starting the rotation tonight. But this morning I did attempt to walk on the threadmill at the gym for 20 min.

My goal overall goal is to lose 50 pounds. Oh gotta for now be back later for more.

Take care.

Addie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.