Damage Control...week of June 19th! :)

Monday again!!!!

Well hello my ladies!!!!

WOW - I had a BLAST of a weekend!!! :eek: The girls party was simply perfect - totally awesome - I dont think i have laughed that hard in a looooong time!!! CABS were ever flowing!!!!! Then ystdy - lounged by the pool :cool: AWESOME weekend!! no workout but major CLEANMAX to report SAT - but SUN I managed speed and agility - I didnt think I drank too much but :eek: IT KICKED MY @$$ - it was not pretty - nor my best effort - but I did it!!! LOL so guess I drank (felt it) more than I was thinking :eek: :confused: :) it was worth it tho - b/c DANG I HAD A BLAST!!!!

Wendy - WTG on that hellavu workout - :eek: - yikes girlie - that is one kickarse workout - you added on the 600 rep w/o???? you have lost it girlie!!!!!!!

Hello to all that follow!!

NO w/o this morning - b/c tonight is my circuit class combined w/some bodyrock segments that kicked our butts last week. But I plan on getting up tmrw and doing tris and chest!!!

OK .. best run - it is crazy in here!! have a great one!! ;)

Di:: You were doing chest flys with 30# DB's at the BEGINNING of M2!? Aye Carrumba! I just barely eeked em out with 25#'s in M3 this past weekend!:eek: You go girl! ;) Hope the shoulder is better. Speaking of shoulders...one of mine must've gotten tweaked during Saturday's STS marathon cause it was bothering me a bit after my work out but within hours it was fine and the pain has not returned. Phew! I was worried that I had hurt myself. :eek:

Lori:: So sorry you are feeling so crappy! :( I can't relate as I didn't get any "sickness" when I was pg. Hope you feel better soon!

Laura:: Glad you had a blast! Enjoy class tonight! I'm sure your students are in for a mega torture session after the weekend of food and cabs you just had! LOL ;)

Hi ladies,

Although busy, we had a wonderful weekend with DH's birthday, Father's Day and a graduation party!

This morning I did Disc 14-legs. My carpal tunnel is affecting my being able to hold the heavier weights. I used my 35's and my 10# weight vest today and think I may need to get myself some 40's soon! For the deadlifts I used a 65# barbell. Tonight is bootcamp class. Not sure what we'll be doing since it is raining, but it'll be tough I'm sure!

Wendy-nice BR w/o's today. I did an ab one the other day and my obliques were sssoo sore from it. I may give the 10 abs on the floor a try tomorrow after Insanity. Yeah, my chest is pretty sore today from using 30's and 35's for chest work yesterday!

Laura-glad you had a fabulous weekend. Agility and Speed is the hardest one...why did yah pick that one. I guess they are all tough in their own way. I enjoyed a couple mojitos yesterday...need to limit those since they are full of sugar.

Lori-are you feeling any better today?

bbl

Diana:: Glad you had a great weekend! It's funny, I struggled more with Chest and Back on Saturday then with Legs yet my lower body got all of the DOMS y'day!:eek: The only BP in my U/B that was sore were my biceps and I didn't work them! Go figure! :confused: Actually, I think I know why that happened-getting my barbell on and off the tower to alternate between chest and back work was an unintentional but killer bicep work out! :eek:

DI - you are a beast at the weights :eek: WOW!!!! I am just on 25# on the chest flyes on meso 2 I dont think I will EVER be up to 30#!!!! YOWZA!!!! do your forearms burn and cramp using heavier weights .. mine sure do .. ouchee!!!! and 65# on deadlifts :confused: remind me never to tick you off!!! LOL your hubby better be sweet to you!! :p and I LOVE agility and speed - I dont think it is near as hard as gameday - but guess the numerous CABS were telling on me yesterday .. :eek: :confused: :p

Wendy - yes - my class - poor babies - they are in for another torturous week!!! LOL:p

Hey Ladies,

Bootcamp was fun...not as hard...maybe not the sweatfest I'm used to. We did a circuit using bands, tubing, mnt climbers, jumping jacks, hip lifts, fire walkers, jump rope etc. The ab work at the end was really hard, but something to work towards!

Laura-I can lift heavy, but for some reason I don't get the definition I'm looking for. Part of its body type and carrying extra weight doesn't help either. I have weight lifting hooks I can use for the heavier weights when doing legs. I don't usually have to break those out until Meso 3. My forearms are on fire usually, but Cathe says they will get stronger. Now my issue is with carpal tunnel and I'm afraid I'll drop my weights.

Wendy-are you doing a BR rotation...if so...count me in. I love Zuzana...she kicks my butt in a short amount of time. I may look for some that I can do when I'm running short on time but need a good w/o. Hopefully though tomorrow I can do an Insanity w/o.

Wendy...or Laura, Lori...I really want to do some of the BR w/o's with the sandbag. Do you know what could be used instead of a sandbag? I have backback, but am not sure what I could use for weight. Obviously I could put some weights in there, but some of the workouts you throw the sandbag on one shoulder and that might hurt with real weights. I think a kettlebell could be used in some places. Here's the w/o I'm looking at:

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

I think I could use 2 folding chairs for the round kick and knee crunch. Any suggestions ladies? Thanks.

Body Rock Sumo Squat Step Up Exercise Challenge (15:57:25 min)
Low Max 1-4 (excluding warm up and blast #4) (about 30 min)
100 butterfly crunches alternating fast/slow rep speeds every 10 reps

DONE! :D

Gotta get my arse moving but I'll be back in a bit from work!:cool:

Last edited:
Diana:: How about buying an inexpensive small duffle bag and filling it up with whatever you like? You have to fill the sandbags anyway. When you buy one you are only buying the "bag". It's a rip off if you ask me. :rolleyes: I actually still have the sandbags from the 40# adj weighted vest I had purchased, never used and then tossed the vest part of it but never threw out the weights. I will toss them in a bag and use that! Thanks for bringing it up. Made me think of that idea! Let me know what you decide to do! :) Oh and a BR rotation is on tap to follow STS. I'll be starting in a few weeks so be ready! ;)

Laura:: So what type of torture is on tap for you and your class today? LOL

Last edited:
TUE

Morning Laides

So last night's class - NO A/C was turned on - it got turned on when i walked in the building (5:20) my class starts at 5:30 .. and if you have noticed our temps have hovered around 100 for the past MONTH!!! :mad: uummmm .. ya it was HOT to put it mildly - the air was stiffling and heavy and thick!! :mad: I managed my reg. circuit class w/some body rock stuff mixed in - but had to take breaks and water breaks - b/c of the temps!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I DID GET UP this morning and knocked out chest and tris - last disc of that for meso 2 - I upped weights and it kicked my butt - my arms are quivering as I type!!! :eek:

Di - IA w/Wendy - if you have the weighted vest - I would throw it in duffel bag and use it - there are some KB's can be subbed - but when she tosses it .. you gonna need something padded. If that doesnt work - you could use a heavy DB and just use more controlled movements w/it - no throwing - just controlled lifts - ? HTH!!!

Wendy - I am gonna puruse some of bodyrocks prv stuff and get some more add in for tonight's mish mosh .. HOPEFULLY it will be cooler tonight!! We looked like drenched rats coming out of there last night - and it ticks me off b/c we get it cool for the ZUMBA class :mad:

Hello to Lori - hope the morning sickness isnt as bad!!!!

OK .. so tonight is mish mosh - w/some bodyrock torture thrown in for good measure!!! my core is SORE from last night!!! and arms fried from this morning .. UGH!!!! feeling kinda beat up!!!

OK .. better run - ya'll have a great one!!! ;)

Laura:: That stinks about the hot class. You go through this every summer. ICK. I give you credit for sticking around! Have you ever considered renting a place and holding your own private classes instead of dealing with those numbskull gym owners? :)

Hi ladies,

Pure Cardio kicked my butt this morning...loved the pushup jacks at the end though!!!

Thanks for suggestions ladies. I do have the 10# weight vest, and adjustable ankle weights for another 20#'s. I read somewhere that Zuzana was using 30#'s but I'm sure its different for each exercise. I also thought about using bags of pinto beans, we buy them in 20# bags. I will come up with something since I want to use these w/o's. I guess I could just go buy some sandbags, we have plenty of duffels and backpacks at home.

Wendy-nice w/o this morning! I love the BR site!

Laura-OMG, I would be so pissed. Why don't they turn on the air when they know you have class???? Glad you were able to get a good w/o in despite the heat and thick air.

Lori-how are you feeling today?

Diana:: Good work out this morning!!! Oh yeah-just find the bag to put it in and I am sure there are 1000 ways to fill it to the weight you need! If you buy the "filler" in smaller increments you can ezily adjust it according to your needs. Good luck! I am loving BR too. Thanks for encouraging me to try it! :)

Wendy-do you have the door gym? Mine came with straps for ab work. That's what I'll use for the knee raises. I love the BR site....Eunice introduced me to it!

Wendy-do you have the door gym? Mine came with straps for ab work. That's what I'll use for the knee raises. I love the BR site....Eunice introduced me to it!

No, I used to have one but it was falling apart so and I wasn't using it anyway so I tossed it once I got the tower. Actually tho the tower came with straps so if cross my legs I might be able to do the knee raises that way. Why else would it come with straps, right? :confused: If I don't like it, the chairs are always a good fall back I am sure. They are solid wood so they are pretty sturdy and aren't going to slide around since I work out on carpet. :)

Morning.

See your Abs BR work out + 4DS HIS cardio...DONE!

I was too lazy to set up the tower so I used two chairs for the ab raises and it worked out just fine. This work out was a goodie. I liked it!

Attempted HIS cardio again. Included the blasts this time as well. I'm still lost but I'm trying atleast! :p I "rewound" combo AND blast 3 many times. The rest wasn't as bad...Thank goodness! :eek:

Well off to get ready for work!

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm working from home today! This morning is Disc 15, Back and Bi's. As I was setting up for my w/o, I previewed my previous w/o card. I was doing barbell curls with 41#'s. It seems a little intimidating right now. I'll let you know how I do. I hope to do a BR w/o at lunch today. Not sure which one yet....there are so many to choose from.

My team was notified they are pulling our boss off to work on a special project. I'm never going to get this promotion if he doesn't give it to me. I'm so pissed. The whole reason it's been so long without a promotion is because we didn't have supervisor for a very long time, then had two in short succession...etc.

Wendy-I never really did LIS or HIS enough to get them down pat. Not sure why they never resonated with me. Good for you to keep doing them until you get them down.

Laura-I couldn't open your link, but you could email us the pdf document.

Lori-how are you feeling today? Hopefully better!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.