////////// cLEAN & tidy monday \\\\\\\\\\

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Happy Monday to all! Hope you had a nice, relaxing weekend!

How did you do this weekend -- clean, tidy, or something else?

What's in store for today's workout and menu?

Have a great day, and drink your water!

QUESTION OF THE DAY: How much sleep do you require?

(edited to add the question -- oops!:) )

Good morning all! I feel rested and ready for another week -- probably doesn't hurt to know that I am headed to the BEACH in five days!

My weekend was nice and laid back. Yesterday Chris and I went to Lowes to look at some laminate flooring -- I think we are going to put down new flooring in the kitchen, bathrooms, and foyer. It is just so hard to pick one!

Food intake this weekend was about 50% clean and 50% UNclean I would say -- about as good as can be expected for a weekend, I think. Next weekend, being away at the beach, is going to be worse -- need to pack lots of healthy snacks! I just do really well when I can, and do the best I can when totally clean isn't possible/feasible.

Workouts this week are going to be tricky because I have to fit 6 days of workouts into 5 days. Honestly what might go is the 2nd leg day that this rotation calls for. Here is what I am planning....

MON 4DS Double Cardio (HIS & LIS)
TUE Gym Style C & T / abs
WED IMAX 2
THU Gym Style B S & B / abs
FRI 4DS KBX, Gym Style Legs (just ordered -- should arrive by then)

I will try to add in some extra leg stuff if possible today -- I just hate to do it after work (too close to bed) because I feel like I am more sore the next day).

I have court 3 days this week (Mon, Tues, and Thurs), so that is a little extra cardio I will get on those days (one mile walk with heavy briefcase on shoulder/back).

Menu for today:

B cereal
S crackers, apple slices
L grilled chicken and veggies
S banana, protein bar
D "cheeseburger" (mine will be minus the cheese and the bun) and "french fries" (sweet potato fries), probably some extra veggies for me

QUESTION: Compared to others, I require on the higher end of the scale for sleep. During the week, I need about 7 - 7 1/2 hours, can make it on 6 1/2 if I have to. On the weekends, I sleep less at night but take naps. On Saturday, I am cranky if I can't have my 2 hour nap. On Sunday, I usually sleep for 30-45 minutes. Sometimes I feel lazy, but I just really do need a decent amount of sleep to function well.

Morning ladies on this Manic Monday.

I usually sleep 6 to 7 hours and feel great. I tend to have an insomia problem so I try to stay up as late as I can, so that I do not wake up in the middle of the night. If I take naps it's for only 5-10mins.

I once read that any type of light in your bedroom can cause you to wake up, even a bright alarm clock (bright large numbers). So I recently changed my alarm clock back to the old one with smaller, dimmer number. So far I'm able to sleep.

My w/o today was GS Chest and Tri. I increased my tri DBs by 2 pounds. :) And I lost 1.5 pounds of fat I hope YAY.

Katie how is that books Women Health Perfect Body. I haven't read yesterdays posts yet.

b-grapenuts and banana
s-peanut butter
l-left over tenderloin and greens
s-fiber one bar
d-salmon and veggies
s-popcorn

I'm going to read yesterday posts at work.
BRB

Just dropping in to say I'm having a crazy busy kid-occupied morning. I'll be back later in the morning for more.

CONGRATS ROBIN!!!! on the weight loss!!!! Keep up the HARD WORK!!

Good morning Robin, Kate, and all to follow!

Robin, I don't have that book, but I think the author contributed or consulted on The New Rules of Lifting for Women. The nutrition section of that book was really good, I learned a lot.

Check back at lunch!

My book store is having a sale on books buy one and get one 1/2 price. So I mayy pick up both.

Colleen I've just preordered Amy Ho/lo Komat and this is why I don't have money today. ;-)

Thanks for the Team Hoyt clip shirl does your church have a website?
My church website is http://www.allencathedral.org/allen/

You can watch each Sunday service live on the internet and the bible study on Wed evening.

Kate I was thinking on taking the quiz but it will be hard for me to write down ALL of my calorie intake. Maybe I should hhmmmmm

Good morning clean and tidy peeps!

Today has been nuts already!

Robin, congrats on the weight increase and decrease!! Good for you! What are Amy's new videos like, i should check out her site.

Katie, i bet working this week will be tough, knowing the beach is 5 days away. I need at least 7 hours, but i bet if i had 9 hours sleep, i would be much better. I find myself tired all the time.

Kate, is this the morning MIL takes the girls?

I'm running off to an appointment, i'm going to try the new Kelly coffey Step box tonight, and abs, have any of you tried this one?

Menu:
B: the usual
s; quark, pp, almonds
l; potato leek soup, low fat, carrots/celery, hummus, apple
s: ryveta/almond butter
d: egg whites, ezekial, big arse salad, strawberries
s: plain yogurt
BBL~~
Steph

Good Morning Everyone!

It sounds like some of us are having a crazy Monday. Me too. I don't know how much longer I can keep up with Tracey's long workouts. I have about 1 hour 15 minutes max to workout in the morning, and her rotation is almost 2 hours sometimes. I have been getting up earlier and cutting the cardio but it is stressful. I think I am getting results, but I will need to wait until next week to verify. It is TTOM and I always am bloated and weigh more. I definitely feel sore in my abs and my legs.

Robin, congrats on the weight loss!!!!! Way to go!!!
Katie, I am so jealous you are going away this weekend!
Kate, have things calmed down yet?
Steph, let me know how Kelly's w/o is. I have been looking at that one but I have purchased because I got so many this fall.

w/o HISM2 Circuit Mix, KBX 1,2,5
b: oatmeal
l: arroz con pollo
s: strawberries w/ yogurt
d: adobo pork, asparagus

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

At last! A few moments for me!

b - 1 c. granola w/ raisins, half banana (Gina ate the other 1/2)
s - pear (right now!) juicy, yummy, sweet, cold!
l - 1 scr. egg, 2 whites, gr.&r. peppers, SALSA!
s - not sure, maybe some almonds
d - making spaghetti & meatballs in the crockpot for the fam. I'll skip the noodles and use cut up fresh veggies instead. Corn. Corn is just about a daily staple in our house. DDs love it. They eat in straight out of the freezer bag. Pour it in a cup and they eat it out with a spoon.

Workout will be premixes of both GS uper body stuff. I don't have time this week to split it.

I have really leaned out this past week. My sister noticed the difference, so that is extra motivating.

Steph, Yes MIL has DDs today. Isabel didn't want me to leave at first - this makes me feel AWFUL, but then she was having lots of fun w/ grandma and shooed me out the door! I've never tried that instructor - hope you have fun.

Robin, Good meal planning & workout - keep up the good work! You're doing awesome.

GRR! I have to work - something just came up...brb!

Katie, This will be a LOOOOONG week waiting to go to the beach! How fun though! Is Collin excited? Good luck w/ your workouts this week!

Colleen, Great day planned for you too! We're all doing great lately - glad the holiday food fest is over!

Well, I'll check back in periodically thru the day. It is SO QUIET here. No kids, dog is sleeping....wierd.

Oops! Question of the day!

I get on average 6 hours of sleep. Sure wish I could manage more. We're talking about hiring some office help, but it will never happen. In my next life.....:p

Hey ladies, home for a few minutes for lunch -- I so HUNGRY! Why??

And I am tired, Mondays are always bad cause I don't get to bed until 10 - 1030, leaving me only 6.5 hours, which is NOT ENOUGH! My body would like to have 8.5!

My day is crazy busy too -- I have about 14 cases at court this afternoon, I sure hope I am not there all day. I have lots of other stuff to do!

Check back after work for personals!

Katie, Hope your afternoon in court goes well! I can think of a couple of reasons why you'r be hungry. You did an awesome sweat-fest cardio this morning with just cereal to eat afterwards. What kind did you eat? Maybe add something else in w/ your fruit. Then your snack was crackers and apple. Maybe need more protein/fiber? Not sure which kind of crackers. Personally, I love AllBran MultiGrain crackers. - tons of fiber, not too many cals, good quantity in a serving. And if you're not getting the sleep you require that's ALWAYS a recipe for over-eating for me. If I remember right Shirl posted an article on this. Maybe she can look it up again for you. Take care of yourself!:)

Hi Everyone,

Looks like everyone is having a "Manic Monday". Who remembers that song from the Bangles? I think that's the name. I require at least 7-7.5 hours of sleep; it doesn't always happen though.

Workout was upper body+ and abs/core+. I teach a core cardio class this afternoon and flexibility this evening.

My weight is down 2#, but not back to where I was before the holiday chowdown.

Colleen, It sounds like you're feeling some results from Tracey's rotation. I'm not sure about Amy's presale yet. I really enjoy her cardio.

Steph, Have fun with KCM; which one did you get again? I really enjoy both.

Robin, Thanks for the link; I'll check it out more later. My church is small. I live in a small community.

Katie, The BEACH!!!! I hope the week flies by for you.

Kate, Quiet; unusual, but enjoy it - you lean mean fighting machine! Keep up the good work!

Jenn, Please keep us posted with the job.

menu
b-protein shake
s-scrambled eggs (1 whole egg & 3 egg whites) granola, banana & raisins,ff milk
l-mucho grande salad, almonds, variety of legumes
s-larbar
d-chicken breast, cavatelli & sauce, broccoli

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl, I remember the Bangles song - still love it! Good workout for ya! And meals too! Is cavatelli a pasta? I make 2 addtional whites w/ my egg...maybe I should have 3. I'm actaully eating my eggs right now and it doesn't look like very much. Not sure....Steph, can you help?!:) I really need to look up the daily plate again...and use it! I also saw a refernce in Shape for calorieking.com. It gives nutrition info on supposedly tons of restaurants. What kind of larabar are you eating? I bought a few this weekend. Yesterday I had the apple pie one. I prefer that cashew cookie one I had last week.

Hi Kate,

I'll be eating a chocolate mole' larabar. I haven't tried cashew yet; I'm sure I'll like it. My DH bid on the job in Michigan; we'll see what happens. I'd rather move some place warm. On the bright side, I'm used to the cold and you live there. I'm interested in Steph's opinion too.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Where in MI would you be? I'm in a small town near Lansing. We're pretty much in the middle of the state which makes it nice to get around. You would be a welcome addition! How soon would you be moving - if he got the job? When do you find out if he gets the job? What do your kids think of the possibility of moving?

Hello!!

Now i feel the pressure :), just kidding.
Can i move to Michigan too?

In terms of eggs, its really only the yolks that contain saturated fat/cholesterol, and therefore calories. You can really add as many whites as your heart desires! If someone doesnt have heart disease, or a cholesterol problem, we still say up to 3 whole eggs/week is just fine. I buy egg whites in the carton, and dont even measure half the time. I'm a bad dietitian :)

I'm so overwhelmed at work here today, i've been asked to do 3 talks in the next month. Its so much extra added to my day, i'm starting to resent it!
BBL
Steph

YESYESYES! Move to Michigan! There are some beautiful lots for sale near us and we have lots of contacts to build houses! :+ :)

Before I came here I decided I need more for lunch. Modified my PM snack to be 1/2 Larabar and some cantaloupe. Dinner has changed too - rough day. I'll have Kashi frozen SW chicken and add salsa and corn to it. The fam's having leftovers.

I always feel bad throwing out the yolk to the eggs I buy...especially at $3/dozen! I'll have to check out whites in a carton and see which is cheaper. And you are NOT a bad dietician! Where would we be without you?!:p :)

Hope your day calms down a bit, Steph. I hate that overwhelmed feeling. MIL just brought DDs back...sooner than I'd planned so I didn't get as much done. Oh well, there'a always 10-midnight tonight, right?:p }(

Hey ladies, sorry to be so scarce today! On second thought, maybe you all are glad that I've been so scarce...

Court was crazy, I had a bunch of cases and one really really serious case. I hate to admit it but -- I cried in court. I have -- or had -- this one client that has a really really serious problem, and the Judge let her off with less than a slap on the wrist! I hope the next time she drinks and drives she doesn't hurt anyone...

Didn't get to eat my banana this afternoon, so I was pretty hungry by dinner time. I ate grilled ground beef patty with grilled onions and cheese (everyone else had buns and lots of fatty condiments!), green beans, and sweet potato fries. Oh, and I had a few dark chocolate covered almonds -- yum! Those are health food in my book!

Hope everyone had a better day than me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.