((((CHINTASTICA))))

fit_fairy

Cathlete
Thread was a bit long, so I decided to restart us.

Nothing for me to report. Probably no w/o today. Foot is still sore :( Hopefully soon!!

All right, I attempted Newport this morning. Overall I think I did pretty well, but it is one tough workout. I used my 20# KB on everything except where noted.

Round 1 : Cossack stretch , squat/thrust/snatch (3 mins.); bicycle (1 min.)

Round 2: Squat/Press, One-Arm Swing (4 mins.); double leg raise (keep feet 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 3: 2-handed swing, hot potato (4 mins.); twisting crunch (1 min. - Anthony does sets of 10-8-6-4-2 and then repeats)

Round 4:
Punch matrix, plank (you go through each exercise 3x) (3 mins.); Single leg raise (keep stationary leg 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 5: Side snatch, overhead lunge (4 mins.) side plank (1 min.)

Round 6: Squat/kick, sots press (press from a squat) (3 mins.); standing oblique crunch (1 min.) I could not do the SOTS as is, I could not press the 20# overhead at the bottom of the squat, so I did it on the up movement.

Round 7: Hand to hand clean, dragon lunge (curtsy lunge) 4 mins. ; Russian twist which then turns into russian twist with bicycle crunch. I didn't do the bicycle part

Round 8: kettlebell pushup (just like the side-to-side pushups in P90X), dive bombers into cobra and janda situp Shoulders completely gave out here, there was a lot of stop and start

Extra Round: Snatch/Turkish get-up/Windmill - You do one set of all 3 moves on one side, then the other; repeat. I did these with a 15# DB, wasn't sure I could could the 20#KB up there after the pushups

Bonus Round:
5 mins. snatch test - Did the whole test with my 20#KB but did not match Anthony's pace.

Note - Today's thanks go out to Marcy who originally posted the rounds, again I just added my stats

Catherine - Hang in there! This too shall pass!

Following the STS rotation so I did Imax 2 this morning. Chest is a little sore from all the pushups yesterday...reminds me of my P90X days. Tomorrow is Disc 2 which includes chins & pulls. I haven't ordered bands yet so I'll do as many unassisted as I can then use the chair for the rest. Wish me luck;)

Catherine- Sorry your foot is still sore:(. I see we weren't the only ones who disliked the STS packaging and received cases that were already cracked.

Linda- Looks like you handled Newport very well! I could not do that SOT squat. I don't know why it is so hard to do a press from a low squat position but it just wasn't going to happen! Don't even ask me about the pushups:confused:

Judi

Linda- Looks like you handled Newport very well! I could not do that SOT squat. I don't know why it is so hard to do a press from a low squat position but it just wasn't going to happen! Don't even ask me about the pushups:confused:

Judi

Judi - I would love to know why it is so hard to do an OHP in a squat position? Normally I can OHP 20# easily, but not at the bottom of a squat!:p

Hey gang!! It has been terribly cold here today-brrrrr!!! I am still nursing my foot, but it is better. Maybe I can do something tomorrow,....maybe.

Linda, awesome job on NP!! I can not do a sots press in the squat postion either. Apparently it's a pretty advanced moves. I think Anthony had a MOS video on it recently.

JJ, I bet you are sore from all of those pushups. I watched Meso1 disc 1 last night :eek::eek: I am glad a few folks replied about my cracked case. It's good to see that others are considering a new home for their dvds.

Linda, awesome job on NP!! I can not do a sots press in the squat postion either. Apparently it's a pretty advanced moves. I think Anthony had a MOS video on it recently.

Thanks for the info, I will have to go find that video (or buy a lighter KB) I did better not slamming my forearms today too, but the lighter KB help too!:p I think I burned 643 calories on that workout this morning. :D

Linda- Do you have a heart rate monitor that doesn't use a wrist watch? I'd like to know how many calories I burn during a kb w/o but I'm afraid I would smash my watch :confused:.

Linda- Do you have a heart rate monitor that doesn't use a wrist watch? I'd like to know how many calories I burn during a kb w/o but I'm afraid I would smash my watch :confused:.

Judi - Okay, promise not to laugh.... my HRM does have a watch , so for KB workouts I put in on a lanyard hanging around my neck and tuck it in my shirt! :p:p I am too curious about my calories burn not to wear it. LOL!:p

Judi - Okay, promise not to laugh.... my HRM does have a watch , so for KB workouts I put in on a lanyard hanging around my neck and tuck it in my shirt! :p:p I am too curious about my calories burn not to wear it. LOL!:p

OK..I didn't laugh but it did put a big grin on my face!:D I'm going to give that a try next time.

Catherine- How is your foot today? I've been forced to stop working out more times than I care to remember so I feel for ya! Hang in there:)

Judi

Foot is a little better. I just don't want to push it. I might do some upper body stuff this evening.

So Judi, today is chinup day on STS??? Let me us know how that goes.

Linda, how often are you training your new client??

fit_fairy;1822001 [I said:
So Judi, today is chinup day on STS??? Let me us know how that goes.[/i]

Absolutely positively pathetic:mad: I could only do 2 unassisted chin ups and no pullups! GRRRRRR. I used a chair to assist up then worked negatives. The pullup bands are on order so NO MORE EXCUSES.

Aside from that, the W/O was good. I am finding that the 60% target weight is too high for me with some exercises and I'm hitting failure early. Not sure if its a "weak" day or if I was having a really strong day when I tested. No big deal...I'll just adjust as I go.

Judi

EXCUSES.

Aside from that, the W/O was good. I am finding that the 60% target weight is too high for me with some exercises and I'm hitting failure early. Not sure if its a "weak" day or if I was having a really strong day when I tested. No big deal...I'll just adjust as I go.

Judi

I wondered about this. Because when you are doing your 1RM you are not technically doing a full w/o. You are trying to see what you can lift when you are "fresh". Well, at some point in the dvd it makes sense that fatigue would set in and you would have to lighten up a bit. That happens to me with other w/o as well.

I can not believe that I still have no desire to start STS yet. I have never, never not wanted to start a new Cathe dvd as soon as I got it :confused:

This morning I did 4 DS Double cardio through the stretch. Workout was 57 minutes and burned 423 calories.

Catherine
- That's how I felt when I received 4DS.:confused: Oh, I train my new client once a week.

Aaahhh! The agony of defeat. I was doing Newport this morning, and was going quite well, until the Turkish Getups. Then something happened to the front of my shoulder. The pain is pretty bad. Using a yoga strap to support it. even had to move my mouse in front of my computer because too pain full to open arm out to the side like that. So intend on doing a lot of babying on the arm today and see what happens.

For the workout agian I used my 20# Kb for eveything except where noted:

Round 1 : Cossack stretch , squat/thrust/snatch (3 mins.); bicycle (1 min.)

Round 2: Squat/Press, One-Arm Swing (4 mins.); double leg raise (keep feet 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 3: 2-handed swing, hot potato (4 mins.); twisting crunch (1 min. - Anthony does sets of 10-8-6-4-2 and then repeats)

Round 4:
Punch matrix, plank (you go through each exercise 3x) (3 mins.); Single leg raise (keep stationary leg 6" from floor) (1 min.)

Round 5: Side snatch, overhead lunge (4 mins.) side plank (1 min.) managed to keep my arm up the whole time, this time through

Round 6: Squat/kick, sots press (press from a squat) (3 mins.); standing oblique crunch (1 min.) I switched to a 15# DB for the sots and figured out that the OHP starts at the racked position in front of the shoulder not behind the shoulder. Once I got that I could do the sots.

Round 7: Hand to hand clean, dragon lunge (curtsy lunge) 4 mins. ; Russian twist which then turns into russian twist with bicycle crunch. I Did some of the bicycle part

Round 8: kettlebell pushup (just like the side-to-side pushups in P90X), dive bombers into cobra and janda situp This is too much on my wrists w/ the carpal tunnel so today I put out 3 DB & traveled between them on the pushups, using the DBs as handles. Went much better.

Extra Round: Snatch/Turkish get-up/Windmill - You do one set of all 3 moves on one side, then the other; repeat. I did these with the 20# KB, and this is when the pain started

Bonus Round:
5 mins. snatch test - Did the whole test with my 20#KB, anyway ( I know stupid) but went pretty slow.

**comes in and bonks Linda on the head for doing snatches with a painful shoulder :confused:**

You know better than that. What would you tell a client to do. Uh huh. I am sorry about your shoulder. Please take it easy.

I feel like such a slug!! I didn't w/o last night. I did do most of my 1 RMs for chest and back exercises for STS this morning. I don't know if I did them right, but I guess time will tell!!

Foot is better, but there still is this popping sensation that is not what I would call painful, but very very weird feeling.

Linda: Awesome job on Newport!! I used my 8kg (17.6 lb) bell and it wiped me out. Please be careful with your shoulder. Take it from someone who has torn a rotator cuff & needed surgery....you don't want to mess with it. Sudden onset of pain like that could mean a tear so see your dr. if rest doesn't help. Take care!!

Judi

Catherine: I've questioned some of my 1 rep max tests since I've been hitting failure so much during these endurance w/o. I'm just using the target weight as a guidline and adjusting as I go so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Glad your foot is better but I wonder what that popping could be?:confused: Reminds me of my stupid hip pain...it was weird too and has popped back in to say "Hello" after my CCPP run last Saturday:(

Judi

JJ, it's the nerve that is popping :confused: When it gets inflammed it moves over the surrounding structures (or something like that) and it just feels so :confused::confused:

I kinda figured that the 1RM was really gonna be more of a guide. Heck I always pick too heavy of a wt more often than not and have to drop down anyway for most workouts. So I think I'll finish doing the 4 and 5 star ones plug them in and take it for what it's worth.

So are you doing STS legs today? I can not remember where you are in the rotation.

**comes in and bonks Linda on the head for doing snatches with a painful shoulder :confused:**

You know better than that. What would you tell a client to do. Uh huh. I am sorry about your shoulder. Please take it easy.

In my defense, there was no pain doing the snatches, which is why I went ahead with them. But little voice in back of head was going ..."even if there is no pain the shoulder needs rest not more work, idiot". :p

Catherine glad to hear that the pain is easing up. Good Luck with the 1 RM tests. Sounds like a lot of people struggle with them.

Judi - Take care of that hip.

In my defense, there was no pain doing the snatches, which is why I went ahead with them. But little voice in back of head was going ..."even if there is no pain the shoulder needs rest not more work, idiot". :p
Catherine glad to hear that the pain is easing up. Good Luck with the 1 RM tests. Sounds like a lot of people struggle with them.
Judi - Take care of that hip.

LOL!! Here I was telling you to take it easy while I did KPC today with an aching hip the whole way:rolleyes: Why oh why do I do that! I get so PO'd when something tries to interrupt my workout that I just ignore it and push through. You'd think after a torn rotator cuff and hamstring I'd learned my lesson. So no need to defend yourself...I get it!;)

Judi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.