::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Monday, 2/5

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good Monday morning, cheetahs! :)

I have a boatload of personals to catch up with, so I'll be back.

Today's plan is Powerstrike.

Be back shortly~
Cathy :)

Carole :: congrats on the new bed! Hope your back is feeling better...Very cool shot – thanks for posting! Great job not walking the hills!

Wendy :: AWESOME results! Rock on, girl! :) This a late answer to your question, but I think yoga is an excellent substitute for a stretch any time. Once I started taking yoga, the poses basically *became* my post-workout stretch. NO, I didn’t do KPC & B&G in their entirety – I think I posted that I did premixes of each. How’s Joey feeling this morning?

Laurie :: don’tcha hate when the plow does that?! Whoo—a 6-hour date with the soccer player!! Exciting! I wound up not having to return to my friend’s house to help him with round two – because you-know-who was over there, and my friend thought it would be “weird” for both of us. Interview process is a good term for the online dating experience. I really need to chat with you about this whole thing—it’s very bizarre!

Laura :: Try the Powerstrikes. I also like the 10 Min. Solutions K’Box. I think you are going to see some repetition in any k’boxing DVD as they build the combos.

Barb :: yikes on the water freezing! Great job getting out there yesterday.

Shelly :: I didn’t fit it all in this weekend…*lol*. It’s going to be a long week! Oh well. Congrats on your return to running!! That Blast is a b*tch, isn’t it? In a good way, of course!

Christine :: *lol* Your gym/watering hole plan suddenly reminded me of a joke about a friend of ours – we used to say the only way we’d get him in the gym is if they installed stationary bikes up to a bar…In order to drink, you’d have to pedal… :) Hope the naps helped you feel rested & recovered.

Gayle :: WOO-HOO!! WTG on your PR!! Rock on!

Karen :: good job getting 8.5 on the tm!! That would be a feat for me. How was the pizza?

Susan :: glad you are feeling balanced with your workouts – very interesting about how you’ve responded to less cardio.

Elaine :: Good job on the 9 miles, esp. slugging through the last difficult portion. One mile can feel like an eternity! Thanks – I am giving it a one-month shot and will let you guys know how I make out (no pun intended). :)

Marcia :: You just missed a discussion about this book in the last day or so. Had the _Clean Eating_ book – returned it the next day. Save the money and buy Oxygen’s Clean Eating special issue. Same info. Good job with PH!

Linda :: Hmm, I think when you’re running and the blood’s pumping, you will find it better at keeping you warm. Let us know if you try it out!

Lisa :: welcome!! :) We're glad to have you here.

Hi to anyone I may have missed! There was a lot goin' on around here yesterday.

Have a great day, ladies! I can't believe it's Monday again already...
Cathy :)

THANK YOU, Cathy, you guys must've talked about it when I was at my conference and I couldn't check in. WOW, you saved me money there. My drugstore has the Oxygen Clean Eating issue, I'm getting it right away today!;-)

I won't be on long this time around this morning, we have schools closing everywhere just because it's so cold - VERY COLD................x( x( I'm hoping we are, too, but not sure so I can't be on this S L O W dial up, I don't want to miss the phone call. :)

I'll be back. It sure would be nice not to go out in this below freezing weather if I didn't have to. Keep your fingers crossed!

Marcia.

Good Morning Cathy, Marcia and all who follow.

So it looks like we have a new Cheetah in our midst! Lisa posted late last night! I just want to say WELCOME LISA! Glad you decided to join our group! We have a lot of fun here. I hope you decide to stick around!:)

Cathy, Doing premixes of both KPC and B&G is impressive too! You go girl! Thanks re: my results. I'm a happy camper! Can't wait to see what happens at the end of Phase 2 now!:) Hmmm...I wonder if I'll get the Cheetah shirt today!? :+ :+ :+

Marcia, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you that your school will close today. It's cold here too. Won't get out of single digits and windchill will make it feel like below zero. YIKES!:eek:

I begin Phase 2 of the X today w/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps/ARX. Should be fun!}(

Joey was running a pretty high fever for the 2nd half of the day y'day. :-( If it's still that way today I am going to call the doc. I really don't want to bring him out sick in this weather but I guess I should if his fever is still high???

Well, I need more coffee...I'll be back in a bit ladies!

Hello Ladies:) I think I may go for a circuit this morning, Gauntlet or Viper, not sure. I'll do upper body weights, PUB most likely. I have to go schlepping at the Laudromat againx( I'll bring paperwork and it won't be so bad but just the idea puts a damper on a day off. Don't know much about football but it looked pretty miserable playing in the rain, was a close game for quite a while. Hope all you football junkies got a good fix!:D

Cathy, I too need an 'on-line dating tutorial'. I don't know what protocol or good manners dictate and I don't want to be rude to people. I did send my Thursday coffee date a note saying 'thanks but no thanks', I got a message back in full caps.....okaaaay.....??? *shrugs*:) Yeah, Saturday was great, he was a WOW!! Born in Africa, lived in India, Holland, England. I'm a small town girl and though we had lots to talk about I'm not sure if the attraction was going both ways. I e-mailed him a short note saying thanks so I'll just wait and see. It's difficult for this independent, strong willed woman to sit back and wait for a call but they tell me that's what you gotta do.....

Marcia, hope you can stay warm in the deep freeze.

Wendy, sorry to hear that Joey is feeling poorly:-( Our Babes seem so vulnerable when they are sick, hope his fever abates. Sounds like you are gonna work that upperbody good today, enjoy beginning phase 2.

Time to go feed the starving children and make my Girls their lunches, happy Monday Cheetahs!!! Chat later.

Take Care
Laurie

Laurie: You reminded me of something when you brought up the laundrymat. Although I would never want to DEPEND upon one as the only option to wash my clothes, when I was still living at home and my girlfriend has just moved into her own apartment (post divorce), she didn't have a washer/dryer yet so she would go to the laundrymat. I went with her a couple times to keep her company-yeah, I had no life! LOL Anyway, after the first 2 times I realized what a shmuck I was and after that I started bringing MY laundry too! For $5.00 and an hour or so of my time, I could get ALL of my laundry DONE while my friend and I chatted. I was going to be there anyway, right? People thought I was nuts but hey, I hate doing laundry so getting it done FAST was a great thing for me cause I do 5 loads at the same time!:) Do you think I'm wierd now? LOL

Good morning. Busy Sunday here yesterday! LOVE IT!

Lisa-WELCOME to Motivation Station! These ladies are fantastic!

Our schools are delayed 2 hours because of the 12 BELOW ZERO windchill! YIKES! But I love having the boys home with me during the morning. It's in the afternoon that I'm ready to send them elsewhere! LOL

Wendy-I've actually thought about taking my laundry to a laundromat for the exact reason you stated. I could read a book, balance my check book, AND get 6 loads of laundry done in an hour! Also, take care of that baby. He's CUTE! ALSO....great job on finishing Phase 1!!!!!

Marcia-Your package is on its way. I sent it Friday!!!!!!!!! I'm excited for you!

OK...for me. I'm surprised I'm not all that sore from yesterday's race. But, I train here on hills, so I guess that helped! My early morning workout today was B&G Leg Blast Premix and the ab portion. LOVE that premix!!!!!

BBl to say hi to everybody else!

Gayle

Gayle, Oh goodie! Now I don't feel like such a wierdo! LOL So you are a fan of the LB Premix too? It's fantastic, isn't it? I'm adding it on to my work out tomorrow! AAAIIIIIYYYYYYYEEEEEE!}( :eek: }(

A couple of quick personals:

Wendy-If you're a wierdo, then so am I! LOL. I absolutely LOVE working lower body. LOVE IT! I'd do it everyday if it were good for me! LOL The Leg Blast Premix and the other one (forget the name of it) are great!

Laurie-I’m glad the date went as well as it did. Ditzy? Who cares. That’s who we are, right? LOL. Keep us posted on this gentleman!

Karen-I can’t wait to see which marathon you decide on! When is Philly? I forget. If you decide on Philly, I may just have to take a day trip to meet you!

Linda-how old is DD? Does she do these workouts WITH you or is she just a ‘coach’? LOL. How COOL that you’re going to get certified. (now, is this a workout I might need to check out and try? LOL NO ENABLING, PLEASE.) As for walking on the TM, I love to walk while watching a TV show or a movie at night time. I find that it really makes different muscles sore too!

Elaine-GREAT JOB on the 9!!!!!!! Puts my 10K to shame! LOL

Carole-I am SOOOOO very jealous of the gorgeous routes you get to enjoy! I’ll live vicariously, though! Also, I’d like to hear how you combined Cathe, running, and P90X!! OH….I’d LOVE to hear how! I always feel like I’m not giving one thing or another my 100% attention to get the results I want.

Susan-How was the salad buffet? It sounds like it would be rather healthy, but it’s not???

Gayle

THANK YOU, Gayle, I'm sooooo excited, I just can barely stand it.

Well girls, school is on time, so that means my vehicle (hopefully will start) will need to warm up for a very long time. I'll be answering angry parent calls all morning, too.

I'll be back in a while once I get to work and settled in.

take care and stay warm,
Marcia.

Gayle,

I actually like working u/b more then l/b but I can still appreciate a kick @ss l/b work out!}( If you want to work l/b every day, you can....Freestyle baby! I did it for a while. It's time consuming but it really helps to slim down the legs!:)

Marcia,

Sorry you have to go out in that frigid weather today. Why is your school open if so many others are closed?? So what is Gayle sending you?? (yes, I'm nosey-I admit it!LOL)

Wendy------I parted with P90X to let Marcia try it out! I wish I had that chance before I bought it so I offered to send it out to her! NOT NOSEY AT ALL! LOL I would have asked too! lol

Gayle

Good morning Cheetahs!

We finally got some snow Thursday night, and then some more Saturday night, and then some last night. DS was so happy for us to go sledding and have snowball fights. However the temperatures were only in the teens so our fun only lasted about 15 minutes. Way too cold and the wind was very strong and cutting right through our clothes. This morning it is 2 degrees, not sure what the wind chill is, with a high in the teens. However tomorrow morning it is supposed to be -2 for the low with the highs in around 10. Pretty cold days coming our way.

Today I plan to get back on track with my eating and do some weight training. This weekend was horrible in regards to eating, as well as this past Thursday at the baby shower. I have gained back 1 pound, but it will come back off this week. On Saturday my inlaws came to visit, and while we had a great time, it is so hard to eat sensible with them here. The only workout I was able to get in was a long run of 5 miles on Sunday. I was going to run Saturday morning before my inlaws came to visit, but I had to take DD to the doctor instead. She has a sinus infection that won't go away. It is keeping her up at night due to all of the coughing from the sinus drainage. Hopefully the antibiotic will get rid of it.

Wendy - Have you I missed you posting your official results from the 1st four weeks of P90X? Sorry DS is sick.

Well, I've got a lot of catching up to do and work that needs to be done. I'll try to catch up later from being MIA this weekend.

Gayle,

That was very nice of you. That's actually how I acquired the X as well. Another nice Catheite who did not click with the X sent it my way and let me "try before I buy". I ended up buying it from her as opposed to ordering from BB cause she was looking to unload it anyway and it saved me a few bucks. Are you looking to sell it or just letting Marcia borrow it for a while? Again, just being nosey! ;)

Kristi,

Don't these frigid temps stink!? What happened to the 60 degree temps we were having only a few weeks ago?? I want them back!!!! LOL
Good job on the 5 mile run! Yes, I posted my phase 1 results yesterday morning in the Cheetah check-in if you want to take a peek. :)

Good morning everyone. Off to another busy cheetah day I see!

Elaine- Great job on the 9 miles. I can't believe you can go 8 miles without water :eek: I have a hard time going much past 3! If you're already doing 9 I'm sure you'll be more than ready for your June marathon. My run yesterday was pretty relaxed since it was the first in 3 weeks! I started out with 10 minutes of walking and then did a jog alternating with an easy run. It felt great!

Carole- Great job with the trail run and keeping an even pace even on the uphills! Did you have a good time watching the SB on your new TV?

Linda- How did your session with your "turbocoach" go?

Lisa- Welcome to the cheetah check-in! We're glad you're here and hope you continue to post! A love of running is all that's necessary, no one cares how fast you are! I guess you have a Morton's neuroma? That can be painful! An elliptical is a great choice right now for you.

Cathy- I hope you can catch up with everything today! Have a great time with powerstrike.

Wendy- Into phase 2 now!!!!! How exciting:7 I'm sorry your little guy is so feverish, let us know what happens!

Laurie- I remember you saying your washer bit the dust! What a drag having to visit the laundromat. Will you be able to replace it anytime soon? Have a great circuit day.

Gayle- Congrats again on your race yesterday! And today is the B&G leg blast??? You do love challenges, don't ya? I tried the blast premix for the first time yesterday and thought it was way harder than the workout as produced. (But I LOVED it}( )

Marcia-Sorry the weather is so cruddy for you today! Hang in there!

Okay, my work duties are calling. Today will be a rest day:eek: :eek:
Yes, I DO take them! When I wake up if I'm in the mood I may do a coremax premix...... but that's all!!!! Honest!

ShellyC

Gayle,

I just realized that you know what Freestyle is and what you said about if it was good for you means you don't get the results you want when you work the legs with a Freestyle approach!
Don't mind me...I'm a little slow this morning! LOL :p

WEndy-lol. You're funny! I have done freestyle in the past, with lots of input from Carole! It worked great, but I felt like I wasn't getting enough time focussing on upper body and core as well. I'm always trying to find the balance between weight workouts and the CARDIO JUNKIE cravings in me!

As for P90X....I'm not sure what I will end up doing with the X. I'm first going to see if Marcia likes it. She's going to take her time with it! (right, Marcia??? lol) I really like some of the workouts that I did....Yoga, Chest & Back. Plus, since I didn't make it to Phase 2, I didn't get to see some of the other workouts. I'm not sure. That's your answer! LOL

Hi, Shelly & Kristi!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Good morning! My goodnes...is it every COLD!!!

Gayle - My daughter is 28. (I also have a 26 y/o, but she doesn't workout..yet) She does strictly Turbo Jam. She is pretty much as hooked on that as I am on Cathe:) As for whether or not you would like it.....hmm...I am not quite sure. They are really fun, but not as intense as Cathe's workouts. They are kickboxing, but interspersed with kind of "shaking, dancey" moves. In some of her later ones (Cardio Party 3 and Punch, Kick, and Jam)she uses weighted gloves....and that REALLY ups the intensity. There are some sculpting workouts, too. I like those, as well. But...again...not near as intense as Cathe. (But I still love 'em!)

Shelly - She didn't come and workout with me. She did it at her house and I did it on my own...but then had to call her and report back to her. She is a tough coach}( Enjoy your restday! And Shelly.....REST! ;) Just kidding you, I guess if you really "want" to do abs, it is okay ;)

Cathy - I am sure you are right about it being a lot warmer when I am running. I am anxious to try in while running. I will keep you posted!

Kristi - A five mile run on Sunday is great! Hope your DD is better!

Wendy - I did l/b more often with P90X, too. I really like FreeStyle. It helps me a lot, too. Glad you are really liking P0X!

Laurie - Enjoy your circuit and PUB! Don't work too hard at the LM!

Marcia - Yay! I'll bet your are excited to be able to try P90X! That was nice of her! It is a good workout!

This morning I did GS C&T, TurboJam CardioParty 3 and AbJam.

Hi to anyone else that checks in, or that checked in while I was posting!

BBL!

Linda

Hi Cheetahs--
it's a rest-ish day for me. I did ankleweight & floorwork from L&G and B&G abs.
Maybe I'll go for a walk later. Depends on time. Kids are home from school on a snow day.

The garage door broke, so I'm stuck here waiting for repair guys to show -- but we're lucky they can come today.

Cathy—what’s your workout plan for after school today or are you resting after your premixes y’day. Great job!

Marcia—schools are closed here, too. I have happy kids today. Sorry you didn’t get a break!

Lisa—Welcome! Great to have a new Cheetah on board. Sorry about the bug in the house. We went through that ourselves a few weeks ago.

Wendy—have fun with Phase 2. Do you have a pull up bar at home? We are thinking of purchasing one…but haven’t yet. Sorry Joey’s fever is still high. There’s so much crud around. A few weeks ago on Monday, my older DS had 105, then the next day it was gone.

Laurie-Sorry about the Laundromat shlep. When I was in college, I used to go there to meet guys! I still go sometimes for the reasons Wendy mentioned. I hope your Sat. night date calls you back. It’s such a chess game dating.

-Barb

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.