::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Monday, 2/5

Gayle - Susan and I are meeting for the first time. I'm very excited!!

Susan - I did IMax 3 in it's entirety in your honor. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would - it has a high dread factor for me. But it was fun!! Thanks for the suggestion. Now I might add some yoga this afternoon...

Hi Judy!!! Great job on the temp run!!

Christine,
Thank you very much! I feel much better now. I did DM cardio and leg blaster and it was awesome! I find that one to be easier on my joints than the Imaxes. 12:30 is great:)

Judy, sounds like you have been working the body hard. Great job on the DOMS and the long run.

Wendy, It sounds like you need a break. I know how draining it is when you have a child that is crying and sick. It gets easier as they get older, in that area anyway. I hope you get your workout in, but if not, there is always tomorrow. Take care.

I am off to get Mariah Muffin:)

BBL,
Susan

Linda..yes EXT is short for Elliptical Cross Trainer...(I'm not the best typer)

Barb...CST went good I am just not a fan of push-ups!!

Karen...glad you liked B&G. Now try one of the killer premixes!! I was a bit annoyed at all the turnover's but hey, in all that rain! I think they came might have been better as far as fumbles if it was dry. Yes the rain came in quite clear..

Susan..sorry your middle Daughter is sick, hope she gets better soon. You are really enjoying your EXT...Have fun with the LIC premix id you do that instead. I didn't do too bad yesterday. I did have some buttered popcorn, a couple of Michelob Ultras, and some pretzels dipped in hummus, but no chips and I am proud of that.

Gayle...glad you got the email. if you have any questions about it, just let me know...:)

Colleen...CF is tough. Have fun with MM..

Christine...I did enjoy a couple of the Bud Lights ads...and the Snicker bars one was cute.The new bed is so comfy! We are supposed to get some rain Wednesday...I hope! Circuits and Yoga sound fun together. Hope you get the dryer situation solved. That would drive me crazy! You are getting in a good workout despite feeling not up to par.

Wendy..glad to hear Joey's fever is gone. I hope you feel like P90X CST later, you might really enjoy it.

Judy...thanks, the lake is low but still takes a nice pic! Good job with your tempo TM run.

CST was fun...I really like the way P90X weight workouts are set up, it seems hard to get bored. Off to watch Court TV and do some laundry. Then tackle the EXT workout later...:)

Hi Cheetahs. You all are chatty! It’s difficult to keep up.

Today I did B&G timesaver premix and 45 minutes elliptical.

I’m going to try some personals right now but if I miss someone it’s only because there is so much going on here!

Carole, I got your email. I usually average 90 minutes a day with my workouts and wonder if your P90X, Cathe, running combo is more than that.

Cathy, Which Powerstrike did you do?

Wendy, I hope Joey is feeling better and your mood perks up at least enough for you to start phase 2.

Laurie, The various times in my life when I had to utilize the Laundromat I was at least excited to get all of the clothes washed at once.

Gayle, Umm, my 9 mile run yesterday was nothing compared to your 10K! I was running on a bright and breezy day with temps in the high 50s. And I ran slow on top of that. There is just no comparison. You rock!!!

Marcia, Sorry that you have to go out in such frigid weather! I just don’t know if I would survive that! Living in CA for so long has made me the biggest weather wimp I know.

Shelly, OK. I’m beginning to think I’ve been going about the hydration thing all wrong!!! LOL!! Maybe my runs would be better if I carried water with me all the time. DH would love that since he’s always shaking his head at what he considers my folly. I do have a confession to make…..I’m dealing with a minor case of PF, keeping it at bay for now. So, I think I’m going to take an easy approach to training with running 3 times a week and elliptical the other three. I plan to get at least 5 long runs of 16 to 20 miles though so we’ll see how my body reacts to that.

Barb, Now that’s my kind of rest day! So did you meet your DH at the Laundromat? LOL!

Kristi, I like to get in a routine that some might consider a rut just because it’s easier to stay on the straight and narrow with my diet that way. These days it’s harder to lose the weight so I’m better off if I make sure the temptation is just not there. Hope DD is feeling better soon.

Linda, What is the impact of the TJ workouts like? I’m always on the lookout for higher intensity low impact workouts.

Karen, B&G is my new favorite workout. I just love that Cathe provided so many variations. I probably won’t get tired of it for a very long time, if ever. I don’t have a clue about either of the marathons you are considering. I have found the marathonguide.com reviews helpful though. Have you checked that out? Also, I just read in the latest RW that flat and fast or courses with lots of downhills are actually harder than a course with changes in the terrain.

Susan, I had the opportunity to meet Christine too although it was pretty brief. She’s a lovely person and I am sure that you will report back the same to us!

Jess, Carole will likely respond about freestyle since she knows the most about it but I did try it a year or so ago and liked it. It’s just verrry time consuming. I just used any of Cathe lower body workouts with 70% of my heaviest weight about 4 or 5 times a week.

Christine, Have fun with Susan later this week. Hope the dryer guy didn’t make you wait too long. I hate waiting like that too!

Judy, It was me who asked about the yoga. I have the Eoin Finn one but have never tried it. Based on your review I think I’ll give it a try next time I do yoga.

I think that’s everyone.

Talk to you all later.

Christine & Susan....be sure to take LOTS of pictures (and share them with us also, lol)

Elaine-I just read that issue of RW and got some good info on that specific article too!

Gayle

Good afternoon chatty, chatty cheetahs:)

today's workout was p90x shoulders and arms plus abripperX. i just love how that workout makes you feel so strong. i upped my weights for biceps today and pretty darn proud of myself, lol.

sorry no time for personals. doing homework with older ds and then it's off back to the gym to train a few more clients.

have a great day to all:)

Hey Ladies!

Dryer dude came and went. We need a new heat blower - or something. Fortunately, it's still under warranty. Unfortunately, the part won't be in until THURSDAY!!! I already have laundry everywhere. Oh joy!!! I guess there are a lot worse things in life, though, so I shouldn't complain. I'll have dry clothes in 3 days...

Elaine - hope the PF stays at bay. It should if you treat it right, which by the sounds of your workouts, you are. Good girl! *wink*

Sunny - hey there - thanks for stopping in! I love P90X S&A, too. I feel ready to take on the world after that workout!

Making some "East Coast" Chili from Vegan Planet - I love that - my family doesn't have a clue that there is no meat in it! I quickly hide the evidence (the Boca Crumbles box). I'll serve it with baked potatoes and a salad. A family favorite.

I was really foolish. When I went back to P90X I read my increased protein demands as a license to eat meat again. So I added it back to my diet with a vengence. Gained 10 pounds!!! 10 pounds!! In a month! Can you believe it? So, do you think I need any more encouragement to go back to my 6 days a week vegetarian? If you said "No", that would be the right answer. I may add fish if I need more protein, but so far so good. Of course, with my thyroid, I'm going to watch my calories very carefully. If I cannot drop this weight (10 pounds is rather high for what I've been eating - I can see maybe 5 - but I wasn't counting calories - so who knows) then I'll know I was just emulating Miss Piggy. If not, I'll get my thyroid levels checked.

Elaine - There are modifications that you can do to make them lower impact, but still keep the intensity up. Even when you do the higher impact version....it still seems like it is not really high impact. And it CAN really be intense (at least for me...especially when I use the weighted gloves). When they first came out...I did not like them, but the more I did them, the more I had fun with them and liked them.

Jess - Freestyle is lower body work...pretty much every day (or at least4 times a week, using no weights, or very light weights. You guys correct me if I am explaining this wrong!

Colleen - LOL...I don't think I could run outside even if it "warmed" up to 10 degrees! Give me 30 degrees...and then we will talk ;) Glad you survived the slumber party! Sounds fun!

Christine - LOL...I agree...Chalene is very bubbly! At 4:30 a.m.it makes ya wanna through the remote through the tv ;) I am sitting here laughing at your remark about how chatty we are! I can just imagine is all of us got together! Good luck on getting your dryer fixed soon!

Susan - Oh dear! Hope she feels better. Enjoy the change in plans with the elliptical! It will give you a chance to break it in more ;)

Gayle - You may love them! I do! But it took me several times before I did!

Wendy - Oh my...your day sure brings back memories! Sending good vibes your way!

Judy - that is awesome times on your run! Hope the legs feel better!

Sunny - I love P90X's shoulders and arms!

Karen - I am joining ya on the pizza! (and cookies...and chip n dip...oh - that was me..not you :+

Gotta get busy gals!

Linda

Hello ladies! I did Push Pull during my lunch hour today. Sorry the personals are a little late. I’m still catching up from this weekend.

SunnyD – How are you enjoying P90X? I think that after my HM I will do the P90X Classic Rotation – one goal at a time.

Judy – Good job with yoga 3 days in a row. I very badly need to start doing some yoga and/or additional stretching. However, I have no idea when I will be able to fit it all in.

Carole - Enjoy your new bed! Your trail run yesterday looked so beautiful. I wish I had some trails around here that were so picturesque. You are like the energizer bunny with your runs – full of energy. Great job.

Wendy – Great job on your results with the 1st phase! Like I told SunnyD, I’m hoping to do the classic rotation after my HM – one goal at a time. I’ll still need to incorporate some running for a 10K on July 4th, but that should be easy to do by subbing runs for P90X cardio. Good luck with phase 2! I’m glad to hear Joey’s fever has subsided. Hopefully it was a short lived virus and it has already ran its course.

Laurie – I’m glad you enjoyed your date. The great thing about laundrymats is being able to get all of the laundry finished in a matter of 1 – 1 ½ hours. Every Sunday is my laundry day. I do about 6 loads every week and it takes all day to do it. What a waste of a good Sunday!

ShellyC – Enjoy your rest day! Did you really stop at a Coremax premix?

Lisa – Welcome!! I’m a slow runner too and like to enjoy my runs.

Marcia – Now that you mention it, I need to buy the Oxygen Clean Eating Issue too.

Barb – Great job on your 8 mile run yesterday. I don’t know how you run in such cold weather. Enjoy your rest day today! You are too funny about your MIL.

Gayle – Great job on your 10K especially with the hills and cold temperatures and weather conditions!!!

Karen – Great job with 8.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday. That is a long time on the treadmill. Well it is for me. 

Christine & Karen – A check-in post would be great. Hold me accountable, please!! I need to lose at least 10 more pounds and I won’t be able to do with if I can’t control my eating. How is your eating going so far today?

Susan – That is so sweet that you and DH do yoga together. You are getting a lot of use out of your elliptical. I’m thinking about maybe buying one later in the year, right after I buy a new treadmill. I hope your DD starts feeling better soon.

Elaine – I’m sure you will be ready for your marathon in June. It is still a ways off. Not every run will be a great one. It was probably just an off day and your next run will probably be great.

Judy – Good job on the 7 mile tempo run.

Hello to Linda, Colleen, Jess, Marcia, & Cathy.

Well, I’m getting ready to wrap things up here at work so I can go pick up the kiddos. I’ll talk to you all in the morning.

Kristi - so far today I'm doing okay. I'm at home, so I keep sneaking peaks at things that look good, then shaking my head and making myself move on. :p

Back for evening personals.

Susan- I went out and got Eionn Flynn. I haven't done it yet but I got it. Hope you dd is better soon.

Linda- I thought that was me and you fighting over those bags of chips. It looks as if we both won and not in a good way.

Elaine- I will go check out that sight you mentioned now. I am really needing to make a formal decision on this. I just have to find time to sit down and do it.

Carole- Those fumbles won my dh and I 100.00. With the crap numbers we had we needed some extra points to go wide. I was so ticked when they didn't kick the field goal at the end of the game because that would have been another 100. Oh well at least we won somthing. ( Gas Money)

Judy- I'm gettting use to this kind of treadmill run. I think with it being the average temp of 10 I am going to have to learn to love it. I'm glad I inspired you to jump on with me. I need the company.

Kristi- I'm really getting use to the treadmill. We are becoming one.

Almost forgot - HELLO CHRISTINE
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Well, the fever came back so off to the doctor we took this afternoon afterall. He's got an ear infection so he started antibiotics tonight. Doc said his ears probably are hurting him so he will likely need Tylenol for that regardless of fever until the antibiotics kick in. That explains the bad mood this morning when he wasn't running a fever! I just put him down for the night. The poor lil' guy was completely exhausted. If he took a 30 min nap it was a lot and that wasn't until like 4:30 this afternoon!:-( I am scheduled to work tomorrow but am obviously not going in. We should be okay for wednesday but I'll have to see.

I *STILL* haven't done my workout! ACK! I'm about to change my clothes and do it now...I don't exactly feel like it but I gotta do it or it'll get all messed up!

Okay, I'm outta here to pump some iron but I should be back a bit later to hopefully sneak in some personals before bed!

I'm sorry Wendy! Poor little Joey!! Hope the antibiotics make him feel better soon!!!

Let us know how you liked the first of the next phase!!!

Wendy-
I'm also sorry about Joey and his ears! We lived through many an ear infectio with Sammy and it is hard on the little ones. They have morepain when thy lie flat so he may get you up tonight. Just give him more Tylenol (I prefer kid's Motrin though, if you have it because it is anti-inflamatory and Tylenol is not)

Cathy- my shirt arrived today! Thank you!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Thank you ladies!:)

CS&T is DONE! I haven't done abs yet but if I can't get them in tonight I'll live. We'll see what happens...

Since I am not going to work tmrw I will not be getting in my normal tuesday run so I will either do Plyo since that is what the rotation calls for or I possibly may take this opportunity to re-visit a Cathe cardio like an IMAX!}( }( }( We'll see what tmrw brings...;)

Hey Cathy, I got the shirt today! It's AWESOME!!!!! Thank you girl! You are da bomb!:D :D :D

So tomorrow besides whatever cardio I decide to "torture" myself with, I am also planning on attacking the B&G Leg Blast Premix. I think I will do B&G first and then "work out the kinks" with the cardio. After I posted last I was wondering how a cardio only Drill Max premix would work for tomorrow!!!??? Any thoughts? }(

I'm so sorry ladies but it's just too late for personals. I need to hit the hay...I'll catch up tomorrow though! You know I'm good for it!:+

Nighty night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.