::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Monday, 2/5

whoops..a few more

Gayle – the motivation station? That’s perfect and so true! Great job on the workout post race. I love B&G abs.

Kristi—for me it’s hardest to eat healthy with relatives around. It’s like double stress blast. I also find stuffing my face helps block out my MIL endless yammering. My DH chooses beer to deal with MIL. My kids say that she would be the perfect spy because the NSA could not even stand wiretapping her phone because they’d die of boredom.
…OMG I digress here from the topic of exercise

Shelly—enjoy the rest. It’s one for me, too. Hard to do it, but always worth it.

Susan-I forgot to say that when we were in Fla. over TG, I wanted to go to Sweet Tomatoes, but we didn't have time. It looked like a really fun restaurant, especially for kids.

Judy--is today a running day for you?

Christine--how was the SB outing?

Hi to all the Cheetahs checking in later.
I hope to be back..
-Barb
:) :)

Good morning cheetahs

Welcome Lisa!!! Those neuromas can be painful, glad you are recovering. Check in whenever you like....and we all run different times! Yuk, that bug was around here too, luckily I missed it.

Cathy...have fun with Powerstrike. I do think the bed will help many things and I do sleep better.

Barb..We had a great time watching the game on the new TV! My DH was a bit more for the Bears and I was more for the Colts. Not that it would have mattered who won, but I thought the game was good. And in that rain...wow. Glad you liked the pic. Our lake is down a bit as we need some rain. Good job with the B&G workout. Hope you get your garage door fixed quickly.

Wendy...good job with Baron's yoga, it is a bit faster paced than P90X. I can do the eagle pose most of the time without falling...:)..but my hands don't quite line up. Hope Joey is feeling better today. I bet you will know if you should take him or not. We are doing the same workout today..:)

Linda..we are very lucky to have 2 lakes close to run trails by. Cute story about your daughter. It does sound like a fun combo! And another good workout for you today...:)

Elaine....I will email you about how I did the P90x doubles rotation with Cathe and running. I know how you feel about the "I told you so"...hate that too and I would rather be the one saying it..

Laurie...yes this football junkie had a fun time yesterday. It was a good game in the rain, until the interceptions from the bears QB...that kinda ended the game. Enjoy your circuit and PUB...

Gayle..12 below zero wind chill???...wow, I am happy to be in Cal...Good job with B&G leg blast and after a race...Thanks, I know I am very lucky to have some nice places to run here. And so far our temps have not been lower than about 26. When I type up the rotation I did, I will email it to you.

Shelly...yes, we loved watching the SB on our new TV! And some of the comm'ls were quite funny. Sounds like your run went good yesterday too!

Kristi...wow it sounds really cold there too. it is always hard eating well with company. I know not going to anyones house for a Superbowl party helped me yesterday. Hope your DD is feeling better...

I will be doing P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, some abs and an EXT workout this afternoon, I might even try a new one..:)

Have a great day...

Gayle - Again, you are so sweet! Yes, I will take my time, but I don't want to monopolize it either, so whenever you want to start back up with it, let me know. :) I can't wait!!! I'll be driving home as fast as I can to get the mail until it's here.

Marcia.

Carole-I'm glad you had fun watching the game on your new TV. Good luck with CST today and your elliptical workout.

Linda--the shakey-shakey thing on TJ workouts is kind of funny. I do feel like a I get a decent workout with weighted gloves on PK&J and CP 3. It's cute your daughter is always trying to convert you.

-Barb

:)

Barb - I love KP&J, too. It is a good one. I agree with being more sore walking on the TM with incline than running. I guess it is just using completely different muscles than we are used to. Enjoy your rest day! (or restish day ;) ) I sometimes do floorwork on my "rest" days, too.

Lisa - Welcome! Hope you get to feeling 100% soon!

Carole - Enjoy your P90X weights and EXT workout. Is the EXT and elliptical trainer?

Linda

Good Morning Cheetahs. Today I did Butts and Gutts for the first time. My sister lent it to me and it was well worth the wait. I really enjoyed the ab section. I guess I have to break down and get it now. First I will keep hers for a while. Sisterly love. LOL.

Cathy- I am wearing my shirt todat when I take my girls to PE Homeschool class. As for the pizza don't ask. If you ask then I will have to tell you about the ice cream, cookies, shrimp, donuts,. I said don't ask. PIE, chocolate dipped strawberries. AGHHHH

Wendy- Sorry to hear about Joey. Poor little guy. I hope you get into the doctors today.

Laurie- Enjoy your circuit. Let us know what you choose.

Gayle- Baltimore is in Oct and Philly is in Nov. I will keep you posted. I would love to meet you one day too.

Barb and ShellyC- Enjoy your rest days both of you. I can't afford one now after my ordeal with eating yesterday. Off to eat some good old oatmeal with buckwheat honey.

Kristi- Did you see my above food post. Your not alone. Let's both get back on the right eating together today.

Linda- Good mix of workouts. Enjoy yourself

Carole- Hope the tv was loud and clear for all the fumbles and turnovers in that game. I guess the rain came in crystal clear. Enjoy your workout.

Marcia- Do your best in the cold today. Warm thoughts. Spring, Heat, Summer. Is this helping.

Hello to all who follow
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning cheethas,

Well, my middle daughter is sick today,UGH!!! So, she will stay home with mom and I will do the elliptical. I was going to go to the gym and do the bike, but that is okay, I will do that on Wednesday.

Okay ladies, I am going to get back on the clean eating wagon today, I swear. I am eating my bran muffin and green tea as I type.

Cathy, you should hopefully receive my check tomorrow or the next day. I totally wore out my powerstrike video out. I did it so often that I am sick of it. What a great workout though. Yes, it is interesting about the way my body is responding to less cardio. I think it may be because I do more weight bearing workouts when I do less cardio, I have more time too.

Wendy, sorry to hear that Joey is not feeling well. Congrats on your results with p90x. You definitley have been working hard at it. We want to see pics:) And, yes eagle pose is a bit tough at first, but once you get the balance it is not so bad. You missed all the tough ab work that came after that. Give it another go.

Laurie, sounds like a nice guy you had your date with. I will keep my fingers crossed that he calls or contacts you. That must be so nerve wracking all the waiting. It will definitley pay off soon. Enjoy the gauntlet or viper, those are two tough workouts}(

Gayle, the salad buffet was delicious. It is the blueberry muffins, the french bread, the pizza bread and the endless amounts of clam chowder that kind of got me in trouble. Oh, and the dessert bar. I have no will power when it comes to buffets:)

Marcia, I feel guilty hear in CA knowing the weather you have. I hope it warms up for ya:)

Shelly, enjoy your rest day and yes, I am a bit suprised that you take them}(

Kristi, You are a brave soul weighing yourself after a big eating weekend. There is NO way I am getting on the scale until at least Wednesday. That is great you only gained a lb. It will be off probably by tomorrow.

Barb, enjoy your semi-rest day. The kids LOVE sweet tomatoes, because they get to pick what they want and how much. They definitley have more will power than I do.

Linda, What an awesome workout! I have yet to try Turbo Jam. I will someday:)

CArole, what about you? How was your eating weekend with the super bowl and all:)

KAren, you HAVE to have Butts and Gutts, it is the best workout ever and I have had great results.

That is it for me right now. I am off to take Kiddies to school.

Have a great day ladies and stop being so chatty, I can't keep up with you all:)

Susan

Barb-OMG! That’s so funny what the kids say about ‘Grandma’ and the spy business! Too funny!

Linda-ok….I am NOT going to check out TJ workouts. Just for the sake of saving my bank account! LOL. Thanks!

Carole-thanks for emailing me! I’ll check it out more later when I have more time! THANKS! And….12 below zero is a record for this ol’ town of mine!

Marcia-you’re welcome! Let me know what you need next. First, Body For Life book. Now, P90X. Wonder what else I’ve got that I can give to you! LOL. Funny.

Karen-glad you liked B&G! It’s such a great workout and a complement to everything-else-Cathe!

Susan-that buffet sounds good….in a bad way! LOL. I steer clear of buffets whenever possible. Less cardio….it’s amazing how less cardio and more weight work can still effectively WORK you hard.

Gayle

G'morning Cheetahs!! I'm letting myself take a break from laundryMax & cleanMax! ;-) That's what I get for being gone all day y'day!! }( Good thing it was my rest day!

SuperBowl party was fun. Lots of food, friends, and a good time was had by all! :) I did well w/ the eating, stuck to the veggies, cocktail shrimp, & did have a couple meatballs & taco dip (but no chips!). And NO sweets or diet Coke either.

I have a nice toasty fire going in the fireplace. Usually that's my dh's job, but it's so cold that I figured I could do it. It's below 0 & wind chill so it is COLD out there!

I don't know what workout I'll do today. I feel like Wendy (pre-X- LOL). Tomorrow's my Y day so I might do a circuit today or B & G.

So... everyone back to clean eating today??

Have a good one! I'll be back in a bit!

Freestyle??? OK, explain more to me. I'm assuming that it's no or light weights? I've found now that the heavier weights are NOT good for my legs (too muscular!). So... give me some advice!! Please?? :)

Good Morning all –

Was it just me, or were the ads BORING last night. I think there was one or two good ones, but the rest, *YAWN*. I’m working from home today to wait for the dryer repair man. Our dryer is not working. Fun, fun. I feel like a homeless camp – we have laundry all over the house air drying… :+ Did C&W abs, and P90X Chest and Back – and really upped my reps – which considering I’m not feeling 100% today – cold is still hanging around – wasn’t bad! I’m going to miss that one for the next 5 weeks. This afternoon I’ll probably do either PlyoX or one of the IMaxes.

Cathy – Enjoy PowerStrike!! I love those. I LOVE the spin/bar plan! I think we should market something like that. We’ll hook a bike up to a keg and for every ½ an hour you pedal, you get ½ a beer… How’s that sound?? I think we’d make a lot of money – especially from the wives of men with beer bellies… :p

Marcia – don’t you love it when the Cheetahs SAVE you money – usually we’re spending money like mad! Hope it warms up for you soon! That’s too cold!

Wendy – so sorry that Joey has such a high fever! It’s a tough decision – taking him out in the cold or keeping him safe at home. If it’s high, though, you need to get it checked out. I hope the little guy is okay!!

Laurie – oh have fun with your circuit!! I love both Gauntlet and Viper. I was thinking of you yesterday when I realized my drier was shot. Fortunately the repair man will come today – but it’s one of those 8-5 windows. How fun. I’m keeping my figures crossed for you on the Saturday hottie! Sounds like a really neat guy.

Gayle – yeah, that is TOOO cold! Wow!!! Glad to hear you’re not sore from the race. Way to go on the B&G Leg Blast Premix!! Sounds like a great one – I may just have to do it tomorrow…

Elaine – I’m with Shelly – it’s amazing that you can go that far without water! I take a bottle with me for a 3 mile jog! I drink a lot of water, though!

Shelly – *staggers back in shock at the mention of a rest day for Shelly* Say it isn’t so, Shelly, say it isn’t so! :p Enjoy your rest day! You of all people, deserve a great one!

Kristi – Let’s do a “clean eating” check-in here on the Cheetah post! You hold me accountable, I’ll hold you. I’ve been so horrible lately that with as much weight as I gained I momentarily thought my thyroid was acting up, then I thought back on what I’ve been eating and was struck by a major dose of reality! Ouch… Sorry DD has a sinus infection – those are nasty.

Barb – Hey you and I are in the same boat – stuck at home waiting for some guy to show up to fix something. Fun isn’t it? Enjoy your leg and abs days. Sounds like a good rest-ish day to me… The SB outing ended up being the gym, a peek at the watering hole to realize that the tv was not set up (not acceptable to DH). A run to a different watering hole, an appetizer and one drink there, then BACK to the original watering hole – tv was fixed. Stayed there to half time – split a meal and then DH ordered MORE appetizers – then over to a friends house for the rest. Believe me, watching the SB with a bunch of Indians who have no idea how the game is played is not something to do if you’re interested in the actual game. DH was frustrated. But we ate chili and dessert – so I’m the size of a house today. :+ Aren’t you glad you asked? :p

Linda – sounds like a fun workout! I admire Charlene for getting so many people into workouts, but she’s a bit too bubbly for me. I love that we have so many options!

Carole – hope you’re enjoying the new bed! Hopefully we’ll get some rain this week – we desperately need it, don’t we – but the photo was gorgeous! Good job on the run! I’m looking forward to the next round of P90X after my recovery week – I think I’ll do mainly circuit workouts for that week – circuits and yoga. Sounds like a good mix.

Karen – Can you walk today after your B&G adventure. I think it got all of us the first time. I love the abs in it, too.

Susan – Hope your DD is feeling better! The crap going around here is not fun. Enjoy your elliptical workout! I agree that these lovely ladies are getting so chatty that I don’t always have time to respond!

Jess – YES! Clean eating! No sugar, no junk! None! Sounds too bloody cold out your way! Enjoy your break for ChoreMax!!

Welcome Lisa!!! Please come join us!!!

I’m a bit nervous to hit refresh… Afraid you chatty Cheetahs have another 15 messages for me to answer. :+

Jess your fire sounds wonderful.

No running for me until the temp's rise to about 10 or so above and no wind chill so I'm doing Cathe cardio.

I did the premix of Cardio Fusion. 48 1/2 min. was enough for me. I'd die if I did the whole thing.

Today plan to do Muscle Max.

I had a slumber party for DS Sat. night. 7 boys 10 and under. DH and I survived. DS loved it. I slept all day yesterday.

Colleen:+

Hi christine,
We will be chatting in person in about 4 days,YAY!!!! So, what time do you want to meet? I will leave it up to you since my schedule is cleared and I do not have to work. Do Imax 3 for me today, since I cannot right now, PLEASE!!! I love that workout.

Lisa, welcome to the crazy chatty group:)

Jess, do not even talk to me, you disciplined cheetah(LOL)!

Ladies, I decided I am going to do the LIC cardio leg blast today instead of the ellipitcal. I am technically not supposed to do this yet due to back, but I do it now and then and it never gives me any trouble later.

I will be back later:)

Susan

Hey Ladies.

Well it appears that Joey's fever is pretty much gone...so far so good anyway...so I'm not taking him to the doc today. We'll see what happens through tomorrow. His mood and appetite are still sketchy but I guess he just needs time to return to "normal". His antics this morning have really left me feeling drained and now it's time to work out and I have no desire. :-( I will do it. You know me. I'll eventually FORCE myself-LOL. I just hate feeling this way. I was sooo excited to start Phase 2 but yet I just don't feel like doing anything but napping right now. ACK!x( Hmmmm....maybe a power nap will help!.....But not if Joey doesn't settle down-he's crying now. ;( Let me go try to soothe him and get to sleep and then I'll try a quick nap myself before tackling the X!

Sorry for complaining...I'll be back later in a better mood and with some personals. I promise!:)

Wendy--it's hell taking care of a sick baby/toddler/preschooler...You're doing a good job even if you feel like hell.

if you can't do it today, you can do the ultimate test of being OCD: start a rotation on Tuesday....:p

Of maybe you'll get to it today. Being there for Joey, much more important than the workout. Do you give him Tylenol or Advil for fever? It's funny one of my kids did great with the Tylenol, the other needed kids Motrin/Advil to cope better with a fever.

-Barb:)

Susan - I KNOW 4 DAYS!! How exciting!! I have a training from 10-noon, so how about 12:30? Let me verify with DH the best place for us to meet. IMax 3 - eh? Hmm, okay - I'll at least do most of it... You sure know how to challenge a girl!

Wendy - you know you'll feel better once you get moving - but I know exactly what you mean. It's so tough to get motivated when you feel as if you've already been put through the ringer!

Christine & Susan...have you met yet or will this be the first time? I'm very jealous!

We are a chatty group, aren't we? MOst days I simply can't respond as much as I want to. But I do read it all the time. GEESH! Do we talk as much in 'real life' as we type online? LOL

Gayle

I know it, Gayle, that's what I was thinking, too. I've been borrowing all kinds of wonderful things from you ;-)

Thanks again,
Marcia.

HI Cheetahs-

a few personals:

Yoga DVD's ( somebody asked) that I use are: Eionn Finn Yoga for Happiness, A Baron Baptiste 30" beginner yoga, a Karen Voight Yoga and Sculpting ( I only do the yoga and Pilates sections) The most usable of those is either the Finn or Voight. Finn has many premixes: 30", 40", magically hips 50" etc.

Gayle- You did amazing yesterday! Your time was really great in lousy conditions!

Barb- Those Asics sound great, but I probably will not invest in them. They would be good for canal runs from Jan -March. Maybe next year...

Karen- After reading about your 8.5 mile TM run, you inspire me to get my TM run in this morning!

Carol- the picture is really pretty even in winter :)

Welcome Lisa :) we like all Cheetahs :7

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

I am late in sitting to post here. DD has a snow day and DS had no school because they got the day after the SB off!

I dropped the kids off at the ski mountain, and had nasty tightness and DOMS in my legs while driving. This morning's WO was a tempo run on the TM for 7 miles. (my 5 mile time was 43:18 and the 6 mile time was 51:18. But I will probably feel sore from pushing it, and doing B&G 2 days ago)

I have limited time before going to pick up the kids at the ski mountain so I'll read a few other posts for now.

I to everyone I missed :7

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.