:::: CHEETAHS :::: MLK Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs!

::: PERSONALS ::::

Lorie :: I did wind up finding a neti pot later at CVS. Tried it. Have to admit, it wasn’t comfortable, but it did feel like it “aired out” my nasal passages. Will keep trying it 1-2x a day and see how it goes. GREAT run!…I like the shirt idea…We could do that regardless of whether or not the Nike HM happens.

Carole :: the video software is definitely gonna take me some time to figure out. Good tip! Thanks! Ya know, I should probably just ask a kid to do it…they usually can do all that stuff with just a few easy clicks…Oh yeah, I was 4 in that pic. That was before the mid-80s when I discovered AquaNet and big hair. :7 Thanks re: the progress pics…I look back and wonder how I ever let myself get to that point!…How do you feel today? Has the Airborne helped? Awesome that you are running pain-free!

Wendy :: I won’t be able to do the 2nd, but I’m sure we’ll have other opportunities before season’s end…I do look at that pic and feel good about how far I’ve come, but at the same time, it repulses me and serves as a reminder of what I never want to allow to happen again. That photo shows the poor choices I made in my first four years of teaching, when I was struggling to under the workload, stress, and constant sickness. I put on about 10 lbs. every year for four years! I’ve since learned that I can never again let work rule my life to the point where I let my health go. And I do think I do my job better now that I’m fit again.

Kristi :: I hope the neti pot works for you (and me, too.) :) My sinus pain is concentrated in the area just below my eyes.

Jackie :: Love the name Fly Girl Cheetah for Lori…*lol* No, you will definitely not see me at the movies unless it’s sitting there with a large tub of popcorn. What I am trying to do with the footage itself is actually pretty simple – just pare down the tape to a 15-minute segment and then burn it to DVD. (I’m not allowed to edit it in any way.) But the software is anything but simple…It’s wickedly cold here, too. Hope you enjoyed your rest day...My feet are always cold. I actually put heating pads on them last. My glutes, too.

Christine :: glad to hear dad is doing well getting around…did I hear you say party at your place??? :7

Dallas :: I’ve never been to a Whole Foods, but I think there is one not too far from me. I did hear it was expensive…I have a Polar F6 for indoor use and the Garmin 305 for my outdoor runs, of which I am not doing many this winter!...If you want to change the color of your siggy, I believe you’ll have to go back to the site and re-do it.

Judy :: welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your time in FL.

I did a yoga/stretch fusion of my own design last night...it was so needed...but I *still* have butt DOMS. I wonder if it is from the combo of Slo-Mo legs on Friday and then IX+ on Saturday. I can't imagine this came from IX+ alone. Today will be legs and cardio --before noon, so I don't get all caught up in my work again.

Have a great day!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Good morning chatty cheetahs:) My work night started out VERY busy with a couple of emergencies but has since slowed to a crawl and now I'm counting the minutes x( I wasn't able to get in any S&H yesterday, I just slept too long... I guess I needed it;-)

Cathy- I guess it's a holiday for you... how nice! I bet you can use the break. How did filming go the other day? Good luck on your legs and cardio with the DOMS!

Judy- Welcome back! Glad to hear that you had a good time in Fla.
The humidity would take some getting used to when running.

Kristi- I love your cheetah names you have picked! Ah gee, you made me blush with your post yesterday... but really, there's no way I could do any of this if i had kids to handle as well. You an the other moms are the true heroes here!

Dallas- Yes, I confess to being a crachety old nurse... been doing critical care for 27 yrs... no wonder I'm insane! ;-) Love your new signature line. You all have inspired me to see if I can get a cool siggy of my own on my next stretch of days off.

Jackie- did you have a nice rest day?

Wendy- I've never been on skis in my life either. Good for you for giving it a try. I bet you'll take to it very well. I'm afraid I never did get to S&H yesterday but it's on the agenda today for sure.

Carole- Sorry the Packers lost!! :( Still have cold symptoms?
I picked up the "pain free" book. Very fascinating!! I may try some of those exercises before my long run on Tuesday.

Lorie- Glad to hear your run went well!! Awesome workout for you yesterday... more than made up for those peanut M&Ms IMO.

Christine- Glad to hear you are doing well in S. Carolina and happy that you are able to chat with us still! I'm happy for ya that the Pats won but I'm afraid for the SuperBowl I'm going with the Giants
(sorry!) Did I miss the party???:eek: :eek:

Wendi- How are you doing today? Duracef is a cephalosporin class antibiotic, broad spectrum and very effective. Most people tolerate it quite well. Thinking of ya!

I have a couple of nights off now:eek: After my nap today I'll be getting in some S&H upper body. Probably Chest/Back. And then some fun cardio on the Bosu- maybe 4DS double cardio.

tata

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs! This is a first for me posting this early. I always try to post when I get to work at 7:30, but since I don't get my kids back from the inlaws until after work today, I have some free time on my hands. However, I wish I were still in bed. My head cold is back full force along with running a low temp of 101.6. This weekend was going to be a nice weekend alone with DH but we spent the whole weekend sick laying on the couch and loveseat watching movies and trying to get better. Obviously not our first choice of how to spend our time. Oh well. Now I need to get ready to head into work. I can't even take a sick day because my office manager is on a cruise this week and one of us has to be in the office at all times.

Cathy - Enjoy your day off. Your workouts sound great.

Shelly - I hope you get off soon. I meant everything I said yesterday. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Well, I need to get my stuff packed and leave for work. I'll try to check-in from there. WAVES to all cheetahs!

Hey Gals!

Id like to catch up with yesterdays tread but I don't think its going to be possible right now.

Im at work today and tomorrow, which means early a.m workouts. I did a 4 mile run/2 seg of BMs circuits and BM2 abs. If DH as hockey tonight and if DS goes to bed early and IF I have the energy, I may do another run...thats alot of IF's though:)

Cathy** Yeah on the butt DOMS! I did 4DS UB yesterday and no DOMS! WTH? That usually happens though when we get use to a workout.Im sure I still worked my muscles good!

Shelly** I was wondering...do you have any kids? Im thinking that you don't? Our bodies will let us know when it needs sleep, thats a given! Enjoy your nights off!

Kristi** I hope your temp doesn't amount to much! I haven't had the cold yet this winter but Im sure its comming!

I will return later. Right now I am all by myseld but I know its just a matter of time before everyone starts showing up!

Lori

:)

Good morning, Happy MLK day!

cathy- thanks for sharing the pics. you have done a helluva job with yourself, be proud girl:7

shelly- enjoy your nap and then your super duper shelly workout!

kristi- awww, thanks. you are a sweetheart cheetah:) . (although hoosier cheetah sounds so cool, lol) i had to put off school just until aug of this year. i got pulled into a couple new projects at work that are near and dear to my heart. so the time just wouldn't be there. one of the projects we are working on is a program for adolescent teenage girls. it's a weightloss program focusing eating healthy, benefits of exercise and self esteem. as we all pretty much know being an overweight young girl is not easy and can lead self to destructive behavior:-( . i am hoping we can help alot of young ladies and in doing so help save their lives. also i've been asked to head up our version of the biggest looser. where we are concentrating on people that are at least 40 lbs overweight. i tell you i just began watching that show last season and every week at the end i am so teary eyed.

carole- unfortunately i cannot say i am sorry the pacs lost ( i am shocked however) because i am a long time 49ers fan (don't laugh:+ ) and i still remember them stopping our superbowl hopes a few times.:p funny though, dh is a big time dallas fan so we always joke with people that during football season we do not like each other, lol.

dallas- thanks, i like your name and siggy also! ha, i believe all of us cheetahs have garmins.

wendy- you look so cool in your new ski gear. that is awesome you are giving it a whirl. i am too much of a cold-weather weenie to even think of giving skiing a try. go girl!!

jackie- it's your turn. we are waiting for your cool new siggy, lol.

christine- so glad to hear dear dad is feeling and doing well. sending even more healthy ((((vibes)))). no, date night didn't happen i wound up home taking care of my sick dh and ds...;o(.

lorie- yesterday i could just picture you being on cloud nine from your run. i am so excited for you!

wendi- so glad to hear the bump was nothing serious. also glad you are taking care of yourself.

judy-welcome back, sounds like you had a great time in florida. don't worry i do not believe anything earth shattering happened while you were gone, lol.

well today is a holiday, no work for me. so i get to do a super (shelly) workout today. i am doing slo mo back and shoulders and then some form of cardio. haven't decided if i am going to head to the gym for spin or try their treadclimber or stay at home for the EXT or an IMAX}( (depends on how ds#2 is feeling)...hmmmmm

Hi Cheetahs-

This is an odd Monday with kids home and DS in a Hockey tournament.

Sunny- I hope you get to enjoy your SSW (Super Shelly Workout) today! Your projects at work are worth sticking around for! And I know you will be instrumental in getting them to be successful. :)

Carole- Who are you going to cheer for now? DH is going with the Giants mainly because they are a NY team. Hey, I am glad to read that you had a decent run! Do you think the recommendations from the book book Susan suggested are helping ?

Shelly- Your workout sounds fun. Have you done 4DS double cardio on the BOSU yet? I am not doing the next session of spin classes so there will be time to fit in some Kick boxing and BOSU workouts.

Well, I need to get moving. The coffee cup is empty and it is time to do some S& H Back & Chest and later a run. I am trying this 'Shelly style.' One part in the morning, and another part later in the day. Keep your fingers crossed that I actually accomplish this with out getting distracted with family requirements!

PS- the names everyone has picked so far are fun !

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Girls.

Today is my rest/yoga day so my plan is to hit atleast PART of yoga x (or maybe BOSU long and lean actually!) after work this afternoon.

Cathy: Well the 2nd isn't set in stone but I'll let you know for sure. Yes, we'll definately plan for a date that we can both go!
Enjoy your day off!!!

Shelly: Enjoy S&H today and your nights off to come.

Kristi: Feel better!!! That stinks that you can't even stay home today.:-(

Lori: No worries. Catch up when you can!!!

Sunny: I can be a cold-weather weenie too but I'm going to give it a shot anyway! Am I nuts!?!? LOL Once I learn (if I go back a 2nd time) then there will be no problems staying warm cause skiing is hard work. This is what I'm told anyway. :)

Judy: Enjoy your work out!

Well, time is up for me. Gotta get ready for work.

BBL!:)

Hey All!

I’m up at my normal time, but it’s light outside – what a concept! Love the 3 hour time difference here on the East Coast. I have KBX and abs on tap for today.

Cathy – Oh yeah, party at my place! Come on down! It’ll be fun. Whole Foods is expensive, but if you want a really good cut of meat or something exotic for a dinner date, it’s the place to go. I really love their food. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to walk out of that place for less than $150.00. :p Enjoy your workout!

Shelly – My dad is pretty wired. He has more computers than we do at home. I have my work computer here as well. So, keeping in touch will not be an issue. I also have time as dad is doing really well, so I don’t have to wait on him hand and foot – although I am anyway. Dear friend, of course you are welcome to the party AND you can cheer for whomever you want with no apologies! :+ I’m all for friendly rivalries. It makes the game so much more fun. Enjoy your crazy workout.

Kristi – Sorry you had an icky weekend when it was supposed to be really nice! Hope you’re feeling better soon! I’m dealing with a head cold, too – but it’s not too bad, thanks to Dayquil.

Lori – Wow – that’s a killer workout! Way to go! AND you’re considering another run, too? Wow!

Sunny – hey girl, it’s COLD here! I thought this was the south!!! :+ Yes, dad is doing well – thanks for the vibes! Sorry you didn’t have your date night – that’s a bummer! Not fun taking care sickies. Hope everyone is feeling better. It’s a bad winter for illnesses! Enjoy your day off and your killer workout!

Judy – Enjoy your odd Monday. I’ll bet Carole goes with the Giants … I’ll have most of the group cheering against the Pats – but that’s okay. It should be a good game. The Giants have been playing GREAT!! Finally, a Superbowl that will live up to it’s name!

Had too many treats yesterday, so it’s time to get serious again. When I went to pick up dad from his friend’s house, Lorraine, the friend’s wife, had made this killer bundt cake complete with coconut and nuts, and it was to die for! Of course I had to have a slice to be polite. :p Enjoy your day!

Edited to add: WENDY! We were posting at the same time! Enjoy your rest day.

Photos from my dad's house.

The view I see right now sitting with my computer with my feet propped up:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/16406488/299773612.jpg

The kitchen (the upstairs is a great room with a sun room and office to the side)

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/16406488/299774666.jpg

The family room:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/16406488/299774661.jpg

Sun Room (not a great photo, but you get the idea - to the front is a breakfast bar table with two bar chairs - great place to sit and enjoy breakfast)

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/16406488/299774658.jpg

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sounds like a busy day yesterday! Hope dinner was good. Yes, you know a kid could figure out the software in seconds. I think the Airborne has helped, I just have a stuffy nose but don't feel to bad. It is great to be running pain free.

Wendy...love the ski clothes pic!! You look cute..:)..I have not skiied in years but I remember taking a lesson 1st really helped me. My DH has never been interested in skiing. Enjoy yoga today.

Shelley...thanks, DH and I were bummed too, but I have watched Football long enough to know it just does not always turn out your way! I just have a stuffy nose so far, I took it easy yesterday just lounging around hoping that would help some. I do the hip exercises in Pete's book.

Kristi...love your new signature. Sorry you cannot stay home. Hope you and DH feel better soon.

Lori...good workouts for you. I hope the "if's" work out so you can get in a run.

Sunny...no problem about the Packers, I am not at all a 49er fan, but we are all different!! My DH and I have had our football differences too...I even had to watch a game at my parents one time...:)..Hope you have a fun super workout on your day off.

Judy...I am not a huge fan of either team so most likely will pull for the underdog (Giants). Though no team yet has been able to beat the Pats. My DH said he would not even watch the Superbowl! I told him the comml's are always good...:)...YES, the Pain Free book is doing wonders for my hip. I would highly recommend it to anyone that has any pain.

Christine...ahhh, I was bummed the Packers didn't win..:(...but what a good game! Enjoy KBX and abs today. How is your Dad doing?

Dallas...chiros never say "cracking!! They say "adjusting"...and yes my nephew has adjusted all over my body.

Judy...glad you had a good time with your friends. We missed you.

Jackie...thanks, it is tough not to rush as I miss distance so much.

This is my endurance week so today will be MM upper, abs and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day..:)

Happy Monday Girls!

Today everyone is home. I didn't get up early even though I set the alarm. When dh gets home from the gym I'll do something. I have to get groceries too. :( Didn't want to go out in those temps y-day. It's not like today is much better! :-(

Jackie ~ I'm a wimp too!! I will try to hit the stairs this week. We'll see if the temps go above zero though. Are you off work today too?

Carole ~ ha ha! I always say "cracking". The first few times, boy, was that smarts! Enjoy your workout!

Christine ~ Those are great pictures! You may not want to come home! :)

Judy ~ Welcome back! Sounds like you have a busy day today. I like splitting my workouts up too. It's more like an early morning workout, then a regular morning workout. ha! When it starts getting late, it doesn't usually happen for me.

Sunny ~ Enjoy your "super Shelly" workout today! What Garmin would you recommend? It's too cold right now for me, but I could put in on my wish list. That sounds wonderful what you are doing for those girls!! I get teared up watching BL too.

Lori ~ Great workout! Good luck getting that run in later.

Kristi ~ Sorry you're under the weather. Sending healing {{{VIBES}}} your way!

Shelly ~ That has got to be a tough job! I don't know now how you work those long hours and then work out like you do...see!?!? You are Super Cheetah!! :7 Let us know how your 4D cardio works on the Bosu!

Cathy ~ Sorry, I meant change the color of words within a post. Enjoy your DOMS and your planned workout. :) Did you figure out the software yet? Good luck!

Wendy ~ So, when are you going skiing? I don't like the cold either, so I'm with Sunny. I'll go water skiing. ha! :+ Where do you work?

Hi to the rest of the Cheetahs!

Have great workouts!

ETA: My cool siggy disappeared?!?!?!? :(

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Do hope you get your filming project completed. Glad you enjoyed your yoga fusion. Enjoy your workout today.

Shelly - Enjoy your nights off and your tough workout today.

Kristi - Feel better. I hope you make it through your workday okay. Nothing worse than having to work and feeling miserable.

Lori - Hope you're able to get a run in. Sounds like a busy day for you.

Sunny - Love the projects you're working on. Anything to get people interested in taking care of themselves, I'm all for it. I know you will do an excellent job. Good luck with both. Should have time to work on the new siggy today. Enjoy your workout.

Judy - Enjoy your workouts! Got my fingers crossed for you.

Wendy - Enjoy your yoga rest day.

Christine - Love the view from your dad's place.

Carole - I always watch the Superbowl for the commercials and half time entertainment. Enjoy your workout.

Dallas - I don't think I'll even stick my head out of the door today. I don't have anything in particular to do or any place to go. Yep, holiday for me. Yippee! Gotta love those.

I slept until about 7 this morning. That's good for me. I did SSE Cardio Sculpt & Cardio Core. Really like these even though they're only 30 minutes.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Hi, cheetahs!

Workout is done…a B&G mish-mosh followed by Kenpo X+. First time I tried it ~ I like! A quick post and then I’ll shower and do lunch. And then more work. I’ve gotten a lot done today already and I feel good.

Shelly :: The filming itself went very well on Friday…hope this Friday will be the same…after lunch today, I’ll begin writing the portfolio entry for the lesson I taped…I bet you would be a natural on skis…enjoy today’s workout and a couple of well-deserved nights off!

Kristi :: sorry you and DH spent your weekend trying to recuperate…hope it’s not too busy in the office today…Feel better!!

Lori :: You know, it’s weird – 4DS u/b work wasn’t giving me any DOMS, and then I switched to the premixes, and WHAM! They put a hurtin’ on me!

Sunny :: the programs you’re involved in at work sound great!…I was never a winter person, either, until I took up skiing. Enjoy that super Shelly w/out!!

Judy :: hope you get your workout done without interruptions.

Christine :: Dad’s got a gorgeous pad! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Wendy :: Yeah, you’ll have no trouble staying warm on the slopes. Sometimes it can get chilly on the lifts, but when you’re moving, you’re working. I have no doubt you’ll go back for a 2nd time!

Carole :: glad to hear the cold has been contained to a stuffy nose.

Dallas :: you can change the color of the font within a post by using HTML code. Use the straight brackets (They are located just above the " and enter keys.) You'd type: {font color=name of color} type the text here {/font}
(I can’t use the straight brackets to show you how to do this. Just make sure you use them.) For a list of font color names, try this site: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp
HTH…No, I haven’t figured out the software. I have to concentrate on the actual portfolio for now…I've noticed sometimes your signature disappears for your first post after log-in. If, when you hit reply, you don’t see your signature, just hit the back button and try again.

Jackie :: Well, the filming of one lesson is done, but now it involves analysis and reflection within a written portfolio entry that can only be 11 pages long. The reflection piece has to address certain criteria set forth by the National Board. It’s an involved writing process that will likely take weeks of writing, revising, and editing for each entry. (There are four.) But I am making progress…Glad you were able to sleep in today…enjoy your day off! I’m not pokin’ my nose out there, either!

OK, let me get movin'...I'm HUNGRY!

ETA: Oh yeah - I forgot...I also did 4 assisted chinups and 2 pullups.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

I’m back!

Did KBX and then decided to take a short half an hour walk on the beach. It’s a little chilly, but so beautiful I really enjoyed it. Work is slow, dad is asleep… Thinking of maybe getting in some yoga, too. We’ll see.

Carole – I was so hoping the Packers would win, too. I was cheering them on! The Giants were good, though – they will give the Pats a run for their money, big time. Dad is doing very well. It’s amazing what they can do. Enjoy your workout. I’m enjoying the view here. Believe me. :p

Dallas – I hate when I cannot get myself out of bed! I don’t blame you for not wanting to go out in those temps. My heavens I thought the Giants Coach’s face was going to freeze right off!

Jackie – Glad you got to sleep in. Enjoy your holiday! Sounds like a great workout.

Cathy - Good job at getting a lot done today! I keep telling everyone we need to do a GTG down here. There’s room for all, and the runs would be amazing!

Well, I guess I’d better get back to work. My computer clock is PST, and phone switched to EST – I’m getting confused looking at both! :p Enjoy!

Happy Monday Cheetahs!

After all my chatter on Saturday, I was MIA Cheetah yesterday. I was lying low as I had a 24 hour flu bug I guess. Also Football made me even more nauseated and grumpy – here is what I said to DH and DS after the second game “Guess football season is officially over in our house…besides the half-time show, the Super Bowl will be ho-hum boring so let’s plan to go skiing on Feb 3rd, ok guys”? … You get the drift of my stinky attitude…lol. Anyhoo, this morning I’m feeling a bit better so I decided to get caught up on some important paperwork needing attention. After posting I’m going to get moving on Pyramid Upper Body and even though my BFL plan does not call for cardio today, I may get in a date with Grace to help flush out the lingering cruddy flu-ish feeling…I like the itread set 25 – top 40. DH is working today, DS spent over night with his neighbor friend, and DD is up at Alpine Meadows for a ski/snowboard race....this means it’s just me and my dogs again for a while today…Who said California doesn’t get snow? It’s snowing up here right now (just a little) and much more up the interstate…

Cathy – BRAVO my dear! After viewing your photos I must say what an inspiration you are! Very good job with your weight-loss! You look MAAAAHHHHAAVELOUS..very pretty too! Love the 1978 photo! Um, I was 13 then…I’m going to ask my mom to scan a photo of me from back when and email me so I can post….I agree with asking one of the students to help with film editing. My DD17 is already a pro with editing and is asking to get Final Cut Express put on her Macbook… Although it wasn’t difficult, it was my kids that taught me how to “text” and now they’re on my case to learn dad how to do it…lol

Shelly – I find it very hard to believe you are a crachety old nurse! I’m sure just the opposite. 4DS double cardio on BOSU? Does this mean ya’ll are doing the step workouts with the BOSU? Hmmmm… I must consider this… Thanks to Cathy’s BOSU spending enabling techniques, I ordered Absolutely Abs over the weekend to use on my BOSU…

Kristi – SO sorry you and DH spent your kid-less weekend feeling so sick. I really like your Cheetah name although IMO you still should be Super Mom Cheetah! Glad to hear you are coming to Cali if we all get in the NIKE run.

Lori – Sounds like you’re enjoying the new treadmill! Did you see the Cheetah name list on Saturday’s post? We need to get you a Cheetah name….

Sunny – As a mother of 2 teenaged girls, I admire you and your hard work on the healthy eating/weight loss program for the young girls. You just got the “YOU’RE AWESOME” award for the day from me! …PS – LOL’ing about the SF 49’er comment…my DH is STILL a die-hard niner fan as well – no matter how lousy they are right now…I’m very upset with Tony and the Cowgirls right now….lol

Judy! – Welcome Back! FOOOOORRREE! Glad you had a good time – we were thinking about you. Look over the Cheetah name list I posted on Saturday’s chatter and see if you like any of the suggestions for you…Good luck getting in your workout plan without family distractions – I know what you mean!

Christine – Glad you made it fine to NC and Dad is doing well. Lovely home! Ok, missy, it is time to lay off the treats! I made my family the peanut butter cookies with the chocolate kisses because I had loads of left-over ingredients from Christmas baking. Needless to say, I ate 3 of them on free day but they continue to call my name today…I’m not gonna do it! You and I need to make each other a Cheetah pact that we’re done with the samples and gonna stay STRONG on our healthy choices the rest of the week…K?.....PS – I’ll forgive you for being a PppppuuuupppuhPAtridiots fan….LOL }( :+

Wendy lou! - LOVE your ski outfit! Girl, you are gonna have a blast! Skiing is so fun and once you get the hang of it, the longer ski runs will really work your legs! I agree with the others, take a lesson or two first; it really helps. I LOVE your Cheetah name for you!

Carole – Ya’ll wanna go skiing with us on Super Bowl Sunday?...LOL. Really funny comment about the chiropractor and the “cracking” comments…Does MM mean Muscle Max? Is that a goodie? By the way, youz guysez comments on Lori’s enabler thread had me rolling….

Jackie – Good you’re enjoying your day off…you need to get a Chic Cheetah glittery siggy going on…lol. Also, glad to see my persuasive ways got you at least considering SF by keeping it on the “radar screen”…

Dallas – Your photos from the Cheetah Yahoo group are lovely! Go check to make sure the code in your signature area is still there. Or, maybe it is just what Cathy says…I have a Garmin 305 and love it! There is a thread going on the open discussion right now on Garmins that may be useful to you. I had the 201 before, but love the 305 much better! Most of us Cheetahs have them…along with HR monitors, Bosu, foam rollers, Bosu DVD’s, Pain Free Book, Chi running, etc…the list goes on…as Lorie’s post in the open discussion says, the Cheetahs are one big enabling bunch! LOL

Where’s LORIE??? - Your PUPS are so so cute! thanks for sharing your snowy day doggie pics! My golden “Violet” loves to go out in the snow and catch snowballs….the little terrier mix named “Rescue” (DH rescued from the pound 14 yrs ago) doesn’t like it as much…she’d rather dig in the dirt…

Ok, me thinks I’m all caught up for now…no on to that workout!!

Thomasina :7

Me again...I cut and pasted my Cheetah name list from Saturday's post so Judy could see what we've been up to...Also, Miss Lori needs to get hers picked out... Here we go - From Saturday:

ok, here’s the list of Cheetah names so far in no special order:

Thomasina - Posh Cheetah
Cathy - Ski Bunny Cheetah
Lorie - Sporty Cheetah
Carole - NFL Cheetah
Sunny - Get ‘er Done Cheetah
Jackie - Chic Cheetah
Wendi - Workin’ Cheetah
Lori - Canadian Cheetah
Dallas - Windy City Cheetah
Shelly - Super Crazy Cheetah…(lol)

Names under development…

Christine - Foxy Cheetah but she doesn’t like it so maybe Witty Cheetah, Cali Cheetah, Vineyard Cheetah…I dunno…help me out girls!

Wendy - Million Dollar Cheetah or Coffee Crazed Cheetah
Kristi - Super Mom Cheetah
Judy - Upstate NY Cheetah, Golfin’ Cheetah, Fit Cheetah,FitMama Cheetah
Susan - when she returns from her break we'll find one
Linda - Absent Cheetah…….
Hope I didn’t skip over anyone….

UPDATES AS OF TODAY:

Wendy - Caffeinated Cheetah (love this one for her!!)
Kristi - Hoosier Cheetah (although she really is a super mom!)

Another Idea for CHristine - Wine tastin' Cheetah...lol

OKAY really I'm going to workout now...lol

HEY! sorry for posting so late. i slept in a bit (0800), then did a w/o (i did upper body ME and the heavy upper body weights from cardio and weights. i wanted to do more but didn't have time). anyway, after that, i had to work with my friend's kid again (he's fun, it was a pleasure). then, i went and ran errands. i went to get a bigger crockpot (i have a 2 qt.) and got a seven quart for TWELVE DOLLARS!!!. i just made the greek chicken and can't wait to try it!!! :)

cathy-it can be uncomfortable at first, but once you get used to it i think you will love it. ITA with the shirt idea. we should find some kind of running shirt that we can bulk order and do it. the atlanta cathe group has an awesome shirt that jodi designed.

shelly-sorry your night was so busy! i am glad you will have some time off. i really hope i worked off the M&Ms. interesting thing is i got on the scale (i guess just to torture myself) and i am actually down three pounds!!! go figure.

kristi-{{{{hugs}}}}! i am sorry you are sick. sending you get well vibes.

lori-good for you getting up early to work out. i really love my morning time. it's very peaceful and it's totally "me" time.

sunny-did you decide on which super-shelly workout you were going to do?

JUDY!!! we missed you! glad you are back. now, we have to get you a name...

christine-i am sure one treat won't kill you!!! now, if you eat an entire pound of PB m&m's, well...that might! i just have no dang self-control. OMG...what a view and what a house!

wendy-sorry you have to work today! did you do bosu or yoga?

carole-did you see my post about the big crockpot? yay, me!!! sorry about the pats, but good game, huh? poor robin missing it! btw, you know what would help that stuffy nose...go get a neti pot. pretty soon i'll have all the cheetahs using one!

dallas-love the pics. the yahoo group is fun, isn't it?

jackie-glad you got to sleep in a bit.

posh-HERE I AM!!! i hope you are over your bug and don't work too hard! just listen to your body and stop if you need to. the pups are adorable...i'm a very biased mommy!!!

i hope all you cheetahs are having a wonderful day!

Dallas...I do remember the first few neck adjustments, they scared me to death! Now hardly any adjustment scares me, they mostly feel good. Your Photobucket pics were great! Lovely family and you look awesome..:)

Jackie...I think I will be watching the SB for the commercials and halftime too!

Cathy...that is great you are getting things done today, always gives a good feeling. Sounds like a good workout. Good job on the chin-ups and pull-ups.

Christine..it is cold here too and we had about an hour of snow! I thought Green Bay did well until the 2nd half. Once again I saw senseless penalties ruin on of their drives...I knew that would kill them besides the interceptions. I am hoping that the SB will be a good game and not an a$$ kicking.

Posh..we are getting snow off and on too! I know how you felt yesterday, me too! DH was way bummed about the Packers. MM is Musclemax and YES it is a goodie, one of my fav total body workouts. That was fun on Lorie's thread...guess she isn't enabled for a Nordic Track...:D

Lorie..Wow, that is a huge crock-pot, I think my big one is 5-6 quarts. Yes it was a bummer Robin's DH said the game was on ESPN. It was for sure a nail biter but the Giants really stuck to it and won. I'll pass on the neti-pot for now. I take so much stuff for my immune system that I don't get sick very often, and when I do it is only for a couple of days.

I had a good workout and then we got some snow! It was so pretty and there could be more as it is cold! I am making a Potato Mushroom soup in my Crock-pot for dinner...I do love soup when it is cold out.

Good evening Cheetahville!

Thank you guys, again, for all the positive vibes! Please accept my apologies for being MIA, especially with regards to personals. I just haven't been able to catch up from the horse show just yet, both in sleep and schedule. I was planning on my work day being short today and planned a second workout this afternoon but, as always seems to happen, it was much longer than anticipated. Oh well.

I did get Bosu HSTA in this morning and had a blast! I loved the added difficulty of doing all of the weight work (besides legs) on the Bosu...talk about a challenge }(!

Shelly - I tolerate most meds well and so far that seems to be the case with the Duracef. The only thing I can't take is doxycycline which I've been told I'm so allergic to that it could possibly kill me...nice huh? Thank you so, so much for all of your advice! It has meant so much to me. However, I hate to ask your opinion yet one more time. Just tonight I (actually SO) found another lump. This one is on the same arm, one inch above the elbow joint, on the inside, about pea sized and painful to palpation. I have no idea how long it's been there...I never noticed it. Now I'm a teensy bit worried and, of course, I cancelled all of those appts this morning. Although, I'm thinking that whatever infection this may be it just was able to spread before I got on the antibiotics. I'm sorry to ask for your help again...thank you!

Cathy - Wow, great workout! I can't wait to check out your pics. I was the Queen of Big Hair in the 80s... with my hair it was hard NOT to be lol. My feet are always cold, even in the summer. I like the heating pad idea! I have my own method...lay a pillow over my feet but under my 47 layers of blankets, add one cat and, viola!...instant foot warmer :+!

Kristi - Oh, I hope you feel better soon hon!!! I'm so sorry you had to go into work like that...sux big time! Had LOL at someone's comment about "Who's Yur Cheetah" because that's what I got when I read it, too!

Lori - Oh, I'm loving Fly Girl Cheetah for you!!! Great workout this morning. So, how did the "ifs" go ;-)?

Sunny - Thanks sweetie! Wow, what a fantastic project!!!! What an incredible program to be a part of! So, what cardio did you decide on?

Judy - Welcome home! Now why couldn't you have brought back Florida weather with ya? How was the hockey tourney? Ooh, I just love S&H C&B! I sould break that one out again soon. Were you able to get in that second workout? So, what Cheetah name are we going to give you?

Christine - So glad to hear Dad is doing well...and what a view!!! It's gorgeous there! I did a silent cheer for you when I heard the Pats won :D. Nice workout today, especially when followed by a nice walk on the beach. I just wish it were a bit warmer for you, although, you could be up here :eek:....BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR!

Wendy - I absolutely love you Cheetah name...too appropriate! Loved your pic of you all bundled up in your new ski duds...kind of how I felt today at work! Enjoy your workout!

Carole - I've been so happy to read that you've been pain free with regards to your hip. I'm so relieved for you as I know you were starting to sound pretty discouraged. I had a feeling you'd be pulling for the Giants...sorry the Packers lost. I heard it was a great game! I have to admit that I only watch the commercials and turn off the game...SORRY! Nice workout today! Snow + big bowl of soup = HEAVEN!

Dallas - I was worried about you in those temps these past few days...YIKES! Were you able to get a workout in?

Jackie - Nice to hear you had a nice "indoor" day today! Too cold to go outside fo anything! Nice workout this morning.

Thomasina - Ewwww, so sorry about that bug yesterday...yuck! It sounds like you're back to form, even though football season is "over" for you :-(. You know you'll end up watching the SB, right? Great workout today...nothing like a little run to get you back in gear and feeling revitalized!

Lorie - So where are these doggie pics that Posh was talking about....I wanna see!!!! You are so making me want to try to make SF but I know that's just not going to happen for me. BTW, my F4 strap is a medium and I measure 30" and it fits perfectly. They are extremely adjustable, though. I didn't know they came that small. You are teeny tiny!!!! So glad that first run was a good one! I promise I will get over to that yahoo group....cross my heart!

Okay, me thinks my novel is complete. Sorry, I just missed you guys. {{{{GROUP HUG}}}} Now I'm just getting cheesy. Let me see if I can get a siggy up and running...

ETA: I can't believe that I forgot this.... Wendy - I'll see that eating challenge...just the name the time and place. You're going down girl }( :p!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.