Cheetahs 1/5 (saturday)

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Hey ladies,

just getting us started. my workout today will be the 60 min runinterval workout with our girl Grace!

i am disappointed this morning i woke up all giddy (sad i know) for the new itrain workouts and none have posted yet:-( .

i am going to post this now and then come back for personals.

BRB!

cathy- i think you body was just tired from the travel and being sick. you are a true cheetah so i know you will get back in the mix asap!

shelly- you are such a lady to refrain from cursing them at your job..i think given your situation i would have let them have it, lol. glad you are able to enjoy some time off.

carole- i hope the air clears with dh very soon. sounds like your hip is feeling better, good for you!!

thomasina- can i come visit your sister:7 . sounds like you are having a ball!

christine- i really hope we get a chance to see each other. it would be so nice to be able to meet a cheetah face to face!! i am about a hr and half from RDU, not sure where emerald isle.

wendy- glad you enjoyed tracey's UB, i didn't like that one (on my first try) but i really loved glute camp! i hope you and BF are able to work things out. i hate arguing with those close to me.

lori- you are a dynamo for do all of S & H at one time! glad your hip is feeling better.

jackie- i too do the a la carte when it comes to itrain. i know it's a little more expensive that way but i really don't want to be locked into something for a year.

judy- i think you should give tt a looksie. i really believe you will enjoy them. as of last month (when i started) and my eating was horrible i already lost 1.5% BF!!

lori- happy belated birthday to DS! they are just too cute at this age. so have you decided yet about #3?

all my west coast cheetahs you are in my thoughts. i hope the storm passes thru quickly and be safe to all of you.

Good morning, cheetahs! :7 Happy Saturday! Sloth cheetah reporting for duty.

Love waking up and not having to rush anywhere.

Today will be either a run or an EXT session, depending on what the weather's doin'. Work during the day. And later tonight is DS & BIL's reception over in PA.

Jackie :: I was wondering if the Resolutions package would be offered at a special rate during/after the holidays, too. Doesn't look like it so far. But I'm gonna wait just a little longer.

Hi Sunny :: enjoy your run today. I wanted to take a peek over at iTrain, but you saved me a trip.

OK, that's it on personals. Short n' sweet one today.

Have a FAB Saturday, my friends! BBL...

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Sunny :: yeah, that could be it...I'm not truly concerned since I intended a rest/recovery week -- just curious. I didn't expect to be so tired after the trip. Anywho, my freedom to be a bum :) ends Monday...I'm expecting this HIIT rotation to be INTENSE!...Hmm, so you *didn't* like the u/b workouts in TS's Parts. I'm going to weigh opinions before (or if) I buy. I really shouldn't splurge on any fitness equipment for awhile since I'd really like to get new skis this season.

Good morning Cheetahville!

I haven't had a chance to read yesterday's postings yet but I promise to try to catch up as soon as I can. I just hope all of our west coast Cheetahs are okay! The pictures of storm damage from out there are very scary...I hopr you all are safe!!!

The horse show went great. We were 2nd and 1st the second day so we ended up reserve champion...oh well, we'll get em next time. The horse is starting to get a lot of attention from the other trainers and riders. Everytime he went in the ring more people appeared at the in-gate to watch him go. He could be a famous one :D.

I had planned to stop in say hi last night but I passed out on the couch around 4:30, woke at 7, and then poured my lazy bones right into bed. Slept all the way through to 5:00 this morning. With that kind of rest I flew through HSC on the BOSU this morning...so much fun and an interesting challenge! I think I'm going to have a blast with that thing. If my work day isn't too bad I'm going to try to get a 5 mile steady state run in at the gym later. I need the extra cardio to make up for the eat-a-thon I've been on the last two days. PMS + overtired + cold weather = TROUBLE!!!!!

Let me go catch up on all the goings on! BBIAB.

Good Morning Cheetahs!

When I got home from my mom's last night I put Joey to bed, did a couple quick things around the house and then went straight to bed myself. I was exhausted. I slept better last night so I feel good now. :)

Sunny: I am going to try Glute Camp today. What didn't you like about the upper body work out? Just curious. Enjoy your run with Grace today. I am going to pick up the 60 min interval run this month. I'm not sure when I'll be able to actually do the WHOLE THING but I will work on it. }( I am waiting for the new ITreads before I make my "purchase" for the month as well!:+

Cathy: So what are your weekend plans? Sorry your Friday night plans got cancelled. You are considering braving the cold for a run?? The beginning of the week it's supposed to get into the 50's or something crazy like that. Make sure your runnin' kicks are ready to go on those days!!!:)

Wendi: No worries on fallin' on asleep y'day. You obviously needed the rest! Congrats on the good horse show. A famous horse? You mean like Mr. Ed!? :7 :p :7 :p Just kidding!:D

So Glute Camp is on the agenda for me today. Not sure if I'll add cardio to it but I'm thinkin' not. I've done a TON of cardio these past 2 weeks so I think I'm good for now. LOL

Hugs to all of the West Coast Cheetahs! Hope everyone stays safe!!!

BBIAB!:)

Wendy - LOL at "Mr. Ed"!!!

Sorry guys! I've run out of time for personals. I promise to be back later. Have a great day everyone!

Just saw the storm images on the news and wanted to echo the good thoughts being directed to our West Coast cheetahs! Hope you're all safe.

Wendi :: congrats on your horse winning reserve champion!...HSC on the BOSU is awesome, ain't it?

Wendy :: I thought it was supposed to warm up some already this weekend...I am waiting for the weather forecast now...During the week is hard for me to run outdoors because I often get home too late. (Don't do the running-in-the-dark thing anymore.) I really need to get over my TM hangup, but as you know, I have been EXT-obsessed of late :)...Weekend plans? My sister's reception is tonight. I'll be working some today and tomorrow. What about you?...Enjoy Glute Camp!

DUH! Cathy, I am such a dork! Like I didn't just read about the reception! LOL That's okay though cause there is more to the weekend then just saturday night, right? :p :7 :p

I have no plans outside of today's work out so who knows. I'm sure I'll end up doing SOMETHING!!! Do you think it's safe to hit the malls yet? I have some $$$ to spend!}( }( }(

*lol* Well, tonight's pretty much it for my weekend excitement. :)

I had to stop by the mall earlier in the week to try to get a new cell phone battery. I think it's still scary territory :7...but if you're feeling brave, why not? (Although when I used to venture out in January, it seemed that stores were often "cleaned out" in the early post-Christmas weeks.)

Good morning!!!

I hope and pray all of you West Coasters are safe and sound! It looks crazy out there!

Jackie – I have to go back to work on Monday. Yuck! I have had such a good week off!

Carole - Has the wind and stuff died down? Have you had anything else?

Christine – I have been watching the news and it sounds like you guys are really, really having some extreme weather! Those pictures that you posted are unbelievable!

Cathy – You are so sweet to say that about me being able to still learn to ski at my age! But…I just don’t know! You are a young chickadee!! I agree….post-holidays/post-vaca/lingering cold = need for 2 hour nap!!! 
Enjoy the reception!

Sunny – I hate that about the iTrains! I was looking for the new ones yesterday, too  Enjy your run!

Wendi – I am so glad you were able to make it safely with the trailer brakes going out! That is very scary!! 2nd place it great in the show!

Wendy – Glad you slept better last night! Enjoy Glute Camp! I love it! I agree…you should be good to go with the cardio!

Okay ladies – I think I am going to start another P90X rotation. I am seriously thinking about doing it and actually using Kenpo, Plyo, the yoga…and everything this time. Now, mind you, that is the “plan”. I ordered P90X+ and when it comes in, I will use those in place of the original Kenpo, Plyo, etc. So my question is…should I add more cardio, or not? I am thinking of adding just 30 minutes of cardio onto the weight days. It just seems like I have been overdosing on cardio lately and canceling some of my strength training?? Sorry to go on and on about me....but I value your advice7 :7

Hi to everyone that checks in later and I will try to BBL!

Linda

Good morning cheetahs

Sunny...enjoy an hour with Grace. My hip is feeling much better, thanks...:)

Cathy...Eion does sound like a character! It was a mess here yesterday. We seem to be in between storms but the next one should not be so blasted windy. LOL about the Sloth thread...I know you will get back into it...probably good for your body to rest before the HIIT rotation. Enjoy your cardio workout. The reception later should be fun.

Wendi...I will be heading out today and I bet I will see some damage, seems quiet right now. Glad the horse show went well. Sounds like a great Bosu HSC workout this morning.

Wendy...enjoy Glute Camp today. Thanks for the hugs, the nasty storm passed and the next one will not be as windy, just a lot of rain.

Linda...yes, the wind died down about 1PM yesterday. Today we should just get a lot of rain but not the wind. Another P90X rotation sounds funs. Just see how you feel, and add more cardio if the weight work doesn't wipe you out too bad!

Tomasina...I was worried about downed trees myself and never ventured out yesterday. I sure hope DD's manager understands, it is way to dangerous to drive in windy rainy weather.

Christine...the storm died down here about 1PM yesterday. I think the winds got up to 70! I never went out as I figured it was not worth it. I never lost power (amazing) but there are areas that did and are still out. So sorry about the tree knocking down your fence. WOW..those pictures are scary, where was the flooding?

Jackie...I just don't have room for a Bosu right now.

I am thinking about a kickbox workout today. I will be heading out to church first and there is no power there...I will probably freeze!!

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I did not eat well last night. DH was a jerk and of course, I took it out on the food. The only good thing is that it was one meal, and I had already planned to use Friday nights as my one splurge meal a week. Oh well, today is a new day. Not sure what I’ll do today – it’s a cardio only day. If it’s not raining too hard, I’ll take Jimmy for a trail run to get some of his energy out.

Sunny – I got an email from iTreads saying that they were not going to be delayed posting – I thought it was closer to mid-month but I could be wrong. I hope they are posted soon! I’d probably meet you outside of RDU. Emerald Isle is about 2.5 hours south east of RDU on the coast – it’s the southern most island of the Outer Banks. Of course, you are welcome to bring the boys and come down and spend a day on the beach with me! I just don’t know how much time I’ll have for the beach as I have to help dad, but there is plenty to do down there, even in the off season. We came through the storm okay, except for the fence, and while we’re getting more rain today and for the next few days, we won’t have the high winds and sheer amounts of rain. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts!

Cathy – Traveling gets to me, too. When I’m in North Carolina, I decided I’d do a recovery week of cardio, yoga and abs. Beside being a recovery week, they are all workouts I can do without extra equipment. I’ll take my iPhone with my iTreads, and some videos. You inspired me actually. I love Thai, but it leaves me feeling fat and slow (Indian food does the same to me). Yeah all is right with DD and BF – she needs to lighten up around him, and I try to encourage her, but I have to let her find her own way, too. He’s pretty oblivious, though. He’s just a giant puppy, actually. :p Have fun at the reception!

Wendi – Great job on the reserve champion! That’s great! How exciting about him attracting attention! Do you have photos? I’d love to see him in action! Lazy? You work harder than anyone except Shelly! Wow! Go rest, girlfriend! Thanks for the thoughts. Yeah, the storm was bad. But as I told Sunny – we have the next few days to pull things together.

Wendy – Enjoy Glute Camp! Sounds like a bun-burner! Thanks for the hugs!

Linda – thanks for the prayers! It was a pretty wild ride yesterday. We had trees down everywhere, scaffolding down, etc. The one with the snow is the one that got me. I know some of that was plowed, but still! Wow! For P90X – I think you should try 4 weeks “as is” to see what you think. Then make a decision on where to go from there. I know P90X wears me out – so I get cranky if I add to much cardio. :p

Carole – Thank heavens the next storm won’t be so windy!! Our winds died down around 3ish. I left work at 4:30 and things were calm, but when I was out at 2 it was nuts. We lost power a few times – I don’t think the lights were out for more than 5-10 minutes. The flooding is where it ALWAYS floods – the Sausalito Exit off of 101 I believe – it always gets bad there. We were lucky, too! The fence is one thing, although it will be about $800 to fix it and of course our home owner’s has a $1000 deductible. *rolls eyes*. Those pics are scary!

Enjoy everyone! I’m looking outside as the sun rising, and I’m thinking that I will do an inside workout. I’m thinking that the trail I want to do is filled with downed branches and quite possibly downed trees. I’ll take Jim out and play Frisbee with him between storms. May do KBX. We’ll see. :p

sunny-sorry you did not wake up to any new iTrains. i wonder when they will be posted. i'm waiting as well!

cathy-what hiit rotation are you doing? i LOVE hiit! you deserve time to rest and recharge your batteries. we (in the schools) have a long stretch ahead of us!

wendi-aren't you loving your bosu??? i wasn't sure how i was going to feel about it but i am really loving it! good for you getting the rest you need.

wendy-you have been doing a lot of cardio. it wouldn't be terrible to give yourself a break. i am so cardio-obsessed and i really need to get over it! oh, i think it probably is safe to go to the malls and they might still have some good sales going on.

linda-good luck with the p90 rotation. i have never done p90x and don't have it. i have enough trouble sticking to a week-long rotation (i don't think i ever have made it through a whole week).

carole-oh no, no power at church?! dress warm!!! it is so nice to see you on the oal thread!!! those pictures...omg...so glad you and all our cali cheetahs are okay.

christine-have fun with whatever w/o you decide to do!!!

i am going to echo everyone else saying to all our west coast cheetahs to be careful and sending storm-go-away vibes!!!

i am not sure what my w/o will be for today. i am thinking gym styles as my piriformis is acting up again. i think it might have been the two days in a row of cardio. this issue might help me to deal with my cardio addiction! i will just look at it asa an opportunity to get stronger. i also might try my EXT since i never use it and see if that bothers it. if i can't get rid of it by rest, stretching, and anti-inflammatories, i may have to find a physical threapist. ugh!

oh, i was reading in runner's world about great marathons and they wrote about the nike women's marathon in san francisco (19 october). they give specially made tiffany necklaces at the finish! i think we should all do that one...

Good morning Cheetahs!

My thoughts are with all the West Coast Cheetahs too.

Sunny - Hope you enjoyed your workout with Grace. Thought the new workouts would be posted by this morning too. I had the $49 membership and was really hoping I'd get to keep that. But, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Cathy - It's nice to have those days with nothing planned. Hope you have a nice workout. Enjoy the reception.

Wendi - Good showing still for the horse. Congrats! Glad you enjoyed your workout. It will be nice to have a famous horse. Maybe you can get a raise too. :)

Wendy - Glad you slept better last night. Have a good workout.

Linda - Maybe Monday won't be too bad for you. Good luck with the P90X rotation. I think it depends on your goals. Don't think the cardio helps with the muscle building. It didn't for me at least. I probably added in 3 days of cardio even if it was short.

Carole - Enjoy your workout. Hope you have some kind of heat at church.

Christine - Looks like lots of damage in your area. Sorry you and DH had an argument. Playing frisbee with Jimmy sounds like fun.

Lorie - Sorry to hear the hip is bothering you again. Hope you can get some relief. What workout did you decide to do? Hip pain woke me up early this morning too. I know it's bursitis. Think it came from the kickbox moves in Firm It Up aggravating it. A tiffany necklace is a great prize for running a marathon.

I did iTread #22 Tag Team. It starts with a 15 minute run with Grace & Keith. Then it's about 17 minutes of intervals on the elliptical with Keith & Mimi. After about 5 minutes on the elliptical, Mimi has you do reverse lunges while touching the toe of the opposite foot. Then it's back on the elliptical and then Mimi has you doing sets of walking lunges and running back to start position. Grace finishes up with 13 minutes of sprints and a stretch. It's about a 48 minute workout. I did get in 3.2 miles. I used GBG stretch and the foam roller for my stretching.

Have a nice Saturday!

Good morning cheetahs! Checking in a tad later than usual. I did a great impression of a rock last nite and was dead to the world, sleeping til almost 0800! Glad to hear that our dear Cali cheetahs are all okay this morning. I was thinking of youze guys yesterday!!
Well, I was planning on a 10 mile run this morning but those California storms are now heading for N. Ariz. It's cold rain and high winds out there now and will be turning to snow tomorrow. The wind is nothing like what occured in Ca though, but still high enough to discourage a run outdoors so I'll have to tough it out on the TM today.... I hate using it for long runs! On the bright side, I'm off from work and did all my shopping yesterday so no need to venture outdoors at all. I also have a new Bosu to play with!

I am now officially a member of the Bosu fan club! Holy Cow, this thing really fires up the core!! It also certainly makes cardio alot more fun, in addition to taking out the impact. Can't wait to try out the new workouts on the way!

boy am I chatty today! anyway, I'll be heading down to the basement for my appointment with the TM soon. I'll pop in a dvd to watch and will amp up the incline a tad and go faster than usual to make up for not being outdoors. Later today I'll be doing more core work on the bosu. Also on the agenda is taking down the Christmas tree and decorations today.

I'll be back for personals.

ShellyC

:) :) :) :) personals :) :) :) :)

Jackie- my simultaneous posting cheetah pal! We're obviously on the same time frame for our computer time on my days off! That tag team workout sounds fun! now that I've got my iPod functioning well I may get that one.

Linda- Okay, my advice re: your p90x routine. Dont schedule yourself an extra cardio session and be inflexible about it... play it by ear. If you have extra energy at the end then go for it. When in doubt at all, leave it out. I like your idea of IMAX2 on the bosu. I've been thinking about which Cathe cardios would be okay with it, thanks for the tip and I'll be trying it soon!

Chrstine- Thanks for the pics of the storm and I'm so glad to hear that you and Carole are okay.... haven't heard from Susan yet! good idea to stay away from the trails today, they are likely a mess!
I did the "great" HiLoext/APX circuit yesterday but left out the leg portions, still went for about 80 minutes and got in a great workout!

Wendy- Nice job with your run today! You did pretty much your 5k race pace and that was only a nice relaxing training run! You're getting speedy there girl! Oh dear, I resisted ordering Tracy's parts series when i saw that she uses the Bosu, but now you have me wavering:eek:

Carole- Well, i went to the sporting goods store first but they were pretty well cleaned out post christmas and I didn't want to just get anything. Well, fortunately Kohl's did have the Bosus.... have you been enabled into getting one yet?}( That's awesome that you didn't even lose power yesterday! Driving outside today may be a bit of a challenge for you though!

Cathy- LOL about the sloth thread!!! Once you get into that mode it can be a bit of a challenge breaking out of it. Working today???
I guess it's getting ready for school starting up again? I never opt for any of the resolution packages from iTread since I really don't use them that often. I also don't have that much space on my iPod, ... that's another item on my future wish list... a nice BIG iPod.

SunnyD- Have fun with the run interval workout. I really enjoyed this one, but my fav so far is #20 for some reason... she just has a little of everything in that one.

Wendi- Sounds like you had a pretty successful horse show.... promising anyway for your future "star". You do sound overtired sweetie and I hope you give yourself a little break today.

Lorie- OMG .... you have an EXT and don't use it??? IMHO it's the next best thing to running and absolutely perfect to use when you are trying to keep up the training for a race but need to limit impact to recover from an injury. I hope you make use of it to let your hip really heal well. Oh dear, I was tentatively planning on doing an Oct marathon and was considering the MCM, but now you have me pondering the Nike women's marathon:eek:

I think that about catches me up for now!
Later y'all

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs,
WHEW!!! What a bunch of crappy weather we have had. My girls and I had got caught in it yesterday on our way out of the movie theater. We were parked pretty far and we were absolutley dripping when we got in the car. We all had to come home and change and blow dry our hair, UGH!!! The streets were flooded and a lot of the traffic lights have been out too. It is sunny though here this morning, but it is supposed to start up again in the afternoon.

Chrissy(new kitty) is doing SO well. She loves her new home and she purrs more than any cat I have ever had. Our other cat is a bit nervous, but they are not fighting or anything and the dog and guinea pigs seem to like her fine. I have a pic and will post later today:)

I am SOOOOOOOO glad the Bickersons are FINALLY going back to school on Monday after 18 days off!!!!!

I went to see Enchanted yesterday with the girls and ladies it is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. You have to see it! I am in love with Patrick Dempsey now;-)

I did not run this week because my groin muscle is sore. I think it still may be related to the hip soreness I had a couple of weeks ago. I did some good ciruit workouts this week though.

I will do the elliptical today and abs.

Well, I am off to Costco with MIL and then to SIZZLER}( I definitley got off track with the eating over the holidays:( But, I will get back on track on Monday.

Have a great day ladies!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.