CHEETAHS ---> Smile, it's Monday!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
...Well, for Carole, that smile's no problem, right? :)

Good morning, everyone! :) Hope you all enjoyed your weekends.

Jackie :: how's the DOMS? I smiled at the idea of putting up your feet and excersing your fingers.

Shelly :: It was a curious situation. The cop car was pulled over in front of a house that must have had a fire and was boarded up. The guy they arrested was on foot. I pretty much passed at the point where he was being frisked against the police car...I can imagine the shock your co-workers must feel. I suspect you are the rock that holds that place together.

Linda :: oh great! So the timing of our training will be fairly close.

Wendy :: great that you already have your eye on the marathon you want to do. I don't think it's the boring choice to go with a local one. Maybe smarter not to have to travel much and to know better the lay of the land...Don't forget about Bay to Breakers next May. :)

OK, so I reviewed Bingham's plans yesterday and did not reach a conclusion. At its maximum, his run/walk plan has you run for 4 and walk for 1. It just seems like more walking than I'd intended. Yet it's a lot like what Galloway prescribes. And I don't have the base at this point to go with a "run only" plan. So, I need to think on this some more. I have decided, though, that I want Mondays off. I like my workout schedule that way, in general, but I think my body will appreciate it more after the long runs. Though I only did 4 yesterday, my leg did feel a little goofy. Knee area AND the achilles. Uh yeah, let's not even go there. I did take a few 30 second walk breaks, but I guess it's the hills my body has forgotten over the winter. I thought I was doing my body a favor with the EXT-concentrated cardio this winter. I sure had fewer aches. But now I'm seeing--er, feeling--what I lost. Oh well. Live and learn.

Have a GREAT day, cheetah babes! Catch up with ya this evening.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hi Cheetah Friends-

Cathy- Thanks for starting us off with a smile. Maybe a walk run plan will be good for not increasing any pains that are surfacing. I am not familiar with Bingham's plans.

Shelly- So you let the news out about your big move. It must have shocked many people. Golf was actually HOT. We have enjoyed hi 70s-low 80s for the last 4 days. This will not last, but we were glad to take advantage if it!

Wendy- It might be a good plan to run a marathon close to home. Sleeping in your own bed is always a good idea IMO. Did you have a nice dinner with family? We ate outside & had a fire out on the patio. What a treat for April!

Linda- tough WO yesterday!

Today is an outdoor run. 5-6 miles. I actually have some forearm DOMS from golfing. It takes a few rounds of golf to wake up some of those lesser used muscles. At least my back felt great.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good morning ladies!

So sorry to be a MIA Cheetah this weekend. Between the horse show (that I didn't have to ride in, YAY!!!...just work) and plans with DSO the weekend just flew by with no time to spare. I have read all the posts from this weekend and will try to catch up tonight with all of you. I missed you guys and felt so out of the loop!

I'm going to head out for a 9(ish) mile run in just a little bit and then try to get my attic, basement and garage emptied of all (or at least a lot of) the stuff that needs to get out to the curb for bulk pick up so I'm going to have a very long day ahead of me.

Okay, I've got to map my route and then I should be back tonight to chat.

Love ya, gals! Have a great day!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I want whatever happy pills Cathy is on! Smile and Monday are NEVER used in the same sentence in my world! :+ I had a lot of weird dreams last night – including one where all the guys from work wanted to date me. It was really strange, especially as they are all a good 10 years younger – and I’m definitely NOT Demi Moore. I prefer older men. Today is ETK and Providence, maybe followed by cardio or maybe core circuit – we’ll see.

Carole – Seasun is fun if you like complicated choreography. Rock Steady Step isn’t too bad – I got most of that one the first time, but Straight Up Step is fairly challenging. I love complicated step – so I find her really fun. Sounds like a great run you had – YEAH! Nothing like having a run that is just “on”! I LOVE that feeling.

Cathy – you cannot tell us that you got to see and arrest, and not elaborate… *humpfff* :p Glad to hear you don’t like scrapple. I always suspect the people who do… :+ Start icing that achilles now! No fun, I can tell ya! Okay – thanks for telling Shelly what happened. I’m not miffed any longer. :+

Wendy – The really nice thing about a close mary is that you have everyone close to you for support! I think it’s a sound plan! And if you choose to do the May Marathon – the Bay to Breakers is just a silly run – you can come walk it with us. It’s a blast!

Jackie – Good idea to avoid it scrapple. We haven’t moved in 6 years, so I can only imagine the clutter we’ve collected! When DD15 was a baby because my then DH was military, we moved every 9 months or so – nothing got saved that was not absolutely necessary. I actually got really good at moving. But, I’m so happy to not have to do it now! I like my house. How is your mom doing?

Shelly – Sometimes a rest day is just needed. Glad you got to enjoy yours! When is your last day of work? Did you decide where you were going to start? I haven’t done the SB part of ASJ. I keep looking at it and thinking that if it fried you, it would KILL me! :p Spring in the desert – wind and blowing sand! You walk outside and feel as if the entire desert is clinging to your skin. That is one thing I don’t miss about New Mexico. Enjoy your 4 night stretch off!

Linda – I know how you feel about the weekend being over! Ick! I’ve had black and white kitties. I love them, too. Lunch was great. A little calamari and a big salad (I couldn’t eat it all!). Sounds like you got a Shelly-style workout in yesterday!

Judy – Enjoy your run today! Sorry about the sore forearms!

Wendi – I was just thinking about you and how we haven’t heard from you! Glad you didn’t have to ride the show! Have a great run!

SUNNY? You okay?

DD18 is cutting her classes to protest the budget cuts in Sacramento. If they get approved, her school will lose 25 million in funding and have to cut 400 classes. I don’t know how a school can survive that! And the stupid thing is that this all happened because our manly Govenator decided repeal a car tax when he first started. Had he kept that one tax, we would be sitting pretty. Well folks, the money has to come from somewhere. She’ll probably have to transfer if that is the case. Hi to everyone I missed. Have a great day!

Good morning all! Very busy night to start off with but it's mellowed since:) I have a nice long stretch off now to get things done:7 I've been going heavy on the good bye hugs and I still have more than a week of work left!! :p I'm gonna be all hugged out soon!

Cathy- Sounds like that was a drug bust to me! Still made for an interesting diversion for ya. Well, it's flattering to imagine that this place will fall apart without me but the truth is they will do just fine... no one is indispensable! On to new challenges and friends!! Re: marathon training plans... I don't think I've ever followed one exactly... always tweeked it to fit me. You'll figure out what's right:)

Judy- high 70s, low 80s!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: and this is upstate NY??? You're warmer than I am here in Az!! Hope you have a great run today!

Wendi - Wow, alot of cheetahs have been in a major decluttering mode lately:eek: Feels so good to unload alot of junk doesn't it? Gonna burn up more pavement today eh? Are you scheduled for a race soon?

I caught up from yesterday so that's it for now cheetahpals. For today I'll run indoors cuz the wind is going to be nasty... again!
I'll be doing a 60 minute interval run. Haven't made up my mind what I'll be doing later... something sweaty tho for sure;-)

ShellyC

Morning Christine! You're up early:) My last day of work is April 30th. After tonight I have only 3 more work nights left in total!
Actually the SB portion of ASJ is just very different and the first time you do it it's kind of a shock... but really not all that hard!
You really have some interesting dreams;-)
Have a great day slinging around the kettleballs!

ShellyC

Morning Christine! You're up early:) My last day of work is April 30th. After tonight I have only 3 more work nights left in total!
Actually the SB portion of ASJ is just very different and the first time you do it it's kind of a shock... but really not all that hard!
You really have some interesting dreams;-)
Have a great day slinging around the kettleballs!

ShellyC

Stupid computer......sorry for the double post!

Good Morning Folks.

Well I slept in this morning...until 8am! OMG, that's LATE for me!:7 It felt good though. I was exhausted from all of the late night partyin' I did during the weekend. ;)

Today's work out calls for only a run. If I'm in the mood I'll do some yoga later as well but it's not actually a part of the plan. I don't want to feel guilty if I don't do it today. :)

Tomorrow is my scheduled rest day and then I've decided to do a week of BBC. I haven't done that series in quite some time. I think it's high time I dust it off. ;) You can be sure that I'll be pulling out my JS for hot Joey's cardio portion! }(

Christine: I hope cutting classes helps your DD and her friends with thier plight. I don't blame them for doing it either. Ridiculous. Good point about the Bay to Breakers as I was talking to DH about which mary I should shoot for and he immediately chose the one in May. I just hope it's not the same weekend!:eek:

Jackie: Well, I did not purge anything y'day. Ran out of time. Oh well. I'll get to it eventually. What's on tap for your work out today?

Shelly: I used to know someone who lived in Egg Harbor. This was years and years ago. Goodness only knows where he is today. That would be fun if you decided to run the mary with me next year. Let's see how the 18 goes first though. You may re-think that!:p :7

Linda: How in the heck did you manage ME after a run?? YIKES. I prefer to do my weight work first as I just don't have as much oomph for it after cardio is done.

Cathy: Thanks for the Bay to Breakers reminder. Christine made a good point about walking it if I choose to do the May mary. Glad she said that as the May mary is top choice right now. Once I run my half I'll know better though since it's the same event. :)

Judy: Dinner was nice and yummy too. :9 Do you have one of those portable fire pits for outside? My SIL and DH's cousin both have one and they are awesome! We want to get one once we've moved.
My concerns with traveling for my first full mary are many. Like having to deal with the stress of travel (I am not a good packer or flyer) when I'll be nervous as heck over the race already. I also don't fancy sitting on a plane with marathon legs on the way home. I may not be able to walk by the time the plane lands. LOL Last but not least, although I know I'd have some company, running a mary so far from home and most likely with out and close family there scares me God forbid something happens. I don't doubt I will be well taken care of and any Cheetahs that might be there will do all they can for me but my family would go nuts if they weren't close by. Cathy is going to have her mom with her. That's a good idea. :)

Wendi: Hope your run was a good one today!!! Glad you didn't have ride during the show. So didja do anything fun with DSO? My DH told me to tell you about the Lilac tournament. He's going this year. It's in Rochester in June and he said it's a really big tourney. Ever been or heard of it?

Okay, that about catches me up!

BBIAB

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy, yes here is my thought about monday...http://www.emotihost.com/glass13/22.gif[/img]

Cathy...I think the knee e-cises are good. Loved the youtube link, and I will have to see that movie! Does any of Galloway plans have the running a mile them walking a min and repeating that? I think with any plans you could have mondays off...a good idea after a sunday long run in the future...:)

Judy..enjoy your outdoor run.

Wendi...don't worry at all about being MIA! We all can have some busier than other times...:)...Enjoy your run and emptying the house of some stuff.

Christine...I am so with you on the liking "older men thing". Funny dream though...:)...do you ever wonder what they mean? I don't think I am a fan of real tough choreography in Step. Thanks, the run felt great!! That is awful about the budget cuts as far as schools go...I hope this one does not get approved. Thanks for that link, some of those barbell exercise look fun!!

Shelly...when is your last day at work? Glad you got some rest yesterday. I sure would like to get my running groove back!! We have had some wind too and yesterday it was a record low in the morning, 30 degrees!!! We are due for some rain tomorrow...enjoy your 60 min interval run.

Wendy...I'd love to do the Chicago mary, but by the time I know if I could, I am sure it would be sold out so that is why cheering is a good option for me!! Are the mary courses you are looking at for 2009 fairly flat? You might not want many hills for your 1st...just a thought...:)...Have fun with BBC and that nice looking Joey...:D

Jackie...I am looking forward to try JumpSnap a few times this week, not sure when I get the new CD's. Sounds like a nice day for you yesterday..how is the DOMS today?

Linda...yes, you should try out JS, but as there is no warm up or coold down on the DVD you might want to warm up a bit 1st! Good job with your run and ME.

We spent some time yesterday at the hospital visiting a good friend from church's Mom. She has to be the sweetest lady and was there for some respiratory problems. I hope her situation is nothing serious and that she goes home soon...

Today will be leg exts and curls, abs, GS Sho and tri's and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

WT-when i use jeff's plan (i use it during the actual races even though i KNOW i should also train that way), i usually run a mile, walk for a minute. in a marathon, that gives you 26 minutes less of impact on your joints. why i use higdon instead of galloway to train is that i can't see running 30 miles on a training run. 20-22 takes me long enough! jeff is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and when i follow his plans during a race i ALWAYS do better. you know...jeff lives here. why don't you make a trip to come train with him? he's a GREAT guy! i LOVE the penguin as well. i have run a few races he ran in. i love his theories and his attitude. LOL about "cougar cheetah"!!!

judy-glad your back felt good. i imagine it would take a few games to get those muscls used to golfing!

wendi-a 9-ish mile run AND all that cleaning?!?! wow! you go, girl!

christine-i have to agree with you that smile and monday do not really go together. we will definitely have to get whatever cathy is on!!! you know...i always preferred older men, then came the coach...it IS fun! i was surprised i even gave it a chance, but i do realize that, for me, it's just fun. ;-) }( :p i think that it's great that your DD is getting involved in school politics. sadly enough, i have found (from working in the school system) that, unfortunately, it really does boil down to money. if you are interested, there is a great book called "and still we rise" by miles corwin about a gifted group of students at crenshaw high school. VERY eye opening.

shelly-i can't believe you are don with work in a week!!! time sure goes by quickly! enjoy your run. i am sure it will be good and sweaty!!!

wendy-just do your run, enjoy it, then, if you can fit yoga in (and you feel like doing it), go ahead. if not, don't sweat it!

carole-sorry to hear about your friend's mom. hopefully, she will be okay. glad you are having a happy monday!

yesterday, i didn't workout. instead, i went to watch the coach's softball game. it was fun to see him play instead of coach. he is actually really good, but then again, he played in college, so i guess he should be good! it was fun and a beautiful day to be outside. i am just SO GLAD to finally be over this stomach bug!!! YEAH!

Hey Ladies. I just wanted to give any who don't frequent the O/F a head's up....

I posted a thread for Sarah/Imafitnessfreak as she is running Boston today! I thought perhaps some of you might want to head over there and show your support!:)

After all, I do believe that Sarah is one of the original founders of our thread, isn't she??

BBL!

Wendy & Wendi -I almost spit out my coffee at the mention of the Lilac tournament! My high school job was working the snack bar at the Lilac tournament. The bowling alley was packed and people cam from all over the country to bowl (this was the 1970's) We worked our tails off every weekend and came home smelling like French Fry grease and cigarette smoke. At that time the tournament was played over 6 weekends. ugggh! But if you do come out this way, we will have to meet up!

Ok I did a 7 mile run, but forgot to start my garmin until after the first mile. I got in 6 miles in 58:08 which for me is decent. My average pace was 9:42.

Shelly- it is unusual to have 4 days of warm weather in April. But we can also have snow in May here.

Lorie- Did you ask about doing exercises form a book? It is no big deal. I like to have music on in the background. Also I have been lurking on JPFitness Forums (on the NROL4W forum) for pointers. There have been a few posts about comparing Cathe's step ups and Deadlifts to the NROL methods. They are slightly different, but IMO each useful in there own programs.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good morning Cheetahs!

Shelly - It's nice to know co-workers will miss you. I'm sure it was a surprise to them too. I'm enjoying the purging. We have a bank in my town offering to shred documents. Since I'm working in the Jackson office today, don't think I'll make it home in time to take advantage of it. Really hate to miss the opportunity because I know the industrial shredders will be out. It won't be much longer now before your move. On your last day, you will still be able to squeeze out that one last hug. Just like Cathe tells us with those weights, you can do one more. :) Enjoy your run.

Linda - Glad you enjoyed your run and ME yesterday.

Cathy - You have made me smile two days in a row with your posts. Keep 'em coming girl. I think the DOMS is worse today especially in my glutes and hamstrings. So who is Bingham? I like Hal Higdon's training because he doesn't have you doing all of those long tempo runs. I like having a rest day after my long runs too.

Judy - Nice temps you had for golf. It's expected to reach the 80's here today. I love it!

Wendi - Glad you didn't have to ride over the weekend. Did you have a good run? Another declutterer! Good luck with getting everything done.

Christine - Interesting dreams you're having. Maybe it's because you're one hot cheetah babe. :* I'll bet you are happy not to be moving a lot now. This is my first move in over 30 years. Did I say 30 years? ;) Wow, long time? Anyway, I'll be glad to get it over with and not do it ever again. My mom is doing very well these days. She's back to her old self. Thanks for asking. Good luck to DD and the protest.

Wendy - Glad you got to sleep in. I haven't partied in so long that I don't know if I remember how. I want one of those portable firepits too. I think they're so cute. How did your run go?

Carole - Now, that's just rubbing in this Monday thing. :9 Love that smiley though. Actually it kind of hurts to sit and my shins are a little sore. Have a fun workout on your fun Monday!

Lorie - Glad to hear you're over that bug. What are your plans for the week.

Today's workout was Slo Mo Chest & Back premix. I added in a set of the push ups and the core work.

Talk to you ladies later. Enjoy your day.

Jackie

Good Afternoon Chicas. :)

I put on ITread 3/40 and ran my heart out this morning. I couldn't do it all because I got to the gym alot later then planned but I ran until I hit the 5K mark. I PR'd! I ran 5k in 29:23! I beat my last 5K PR which I obtained at a race last Labor Day Weekend by 19 seconds!!! I'm so excited!:) :7 :)

Carole: Aw that stinks about running the mary in Chicago. You will just have to scope one out for yourself and make another Cheetah GTG out of it!:) Yeah, the marys I am contemplating are all pretty flat. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid! LOL ;) Hope your friend's mom gets out of the hospital fast and in good shape!

Lorie: Okay, I think I missed something here...are you seeing somebody new? A younger man perhaps? DO TELL!}( :) }(

Judy: That's pretty funny that you used to work the tourney. I'll have to tell DH. It's a small world. I do not go to that tourney with him but I would love to meet you some day!:)

Jackie: Glad you enjoyed Slo Mo. I have to get back to that one day. Gosh, there's so many work outs I've barely touched on or haven't done at all since purchasing them. There's so much I want to do...I have a feeling NROL is going to get pushed to the back burner come the first week of May....

I have no idea if yoga is my future this afternoon and I am not going to worry about it. If I do it, great, if not, no big deal.

Off to make the munchkin lunch.
BBIAB!

Hiya Cheetahs!

Quickie post to say HELLO! and congratulate Jackie on the 5K!! AWESOME!! My co-worker friends and I had a good time yesterday on our fun-run 5K – we averaged 11 minute miles so it was a fun casual group run. Afterwards we went to eat and then I had a bazillion things to do so I didn’t get on to post. I have to make my lunch and get showered now for work but I’ll try to pop in late tonight and get in some personals…but I can’t go without mentioning to Cathy re: training plans – I agree that whatever plan you choose just tweak it to fit your own needs. I use plans as a guideline but make sure I adhere closest to the long run which IMO for a marathon is the most important run of the week. Also, sometimes depending on how I feel I plan out the run but end up walking some if needed during the run and it all works out. I’ll share with you our schedule when I have it done but for now I’m just trying to get in easy running with a little treadmill/grace stuff mixed in to get my body used to *consistent* running before diving into a plan.

Ok, gotta get bustin’ a move here, enjoy your day ladies!

Thomasina

Afternoon Girls :)

I'm so late checking in-- I think I am still in vacation mode. I did find some sand in my sneakers this morning before my workout :)

Plus the weather today in NY is soooooooooo nice. Taking advantage of it.

I did circuits this morning. Total cardio time was 60minutes. Worked my abs and did super sets for biceps.

I need to go back and read today's post so I can catch up with personals. Who has started the NROL? How do you fit in running?

I shall return maybe later if I don't pass out :)

gonna try to get out of here and enjoy some of this beautiful weather so this will be a quick post. i did bosu blast and the first NROLW workout. i need to get used to not having cathe telling me what to do!

wendy-i don't know if you'd call it "seeing" }( }( }(

Hi Cheetahs!!!

I'm sorry I never got back here. We ended up taking the kids out to dinner y-day...ha ha after I bought all these groceries. That worked out well anyway. I have to leave for another soccer game, so I can't do personals. Just wanted to say, "HI!" I got up before the kids to start the final P90X phase. Yeah baby! :D It was Chest & Back and ARX. After dropping DS at preschool I met my friend at the stairs. She left early, but I stayed to put in an hour. :) I found a new picture of the stairs online. I'll post it on the Yahoo Group. The town it's in wants to tear the sledding part down. I just hope they don't mess w/my stairs!}(

I'll come back after the kids go to bed tonight. :)

Off to the game....

~TTFN

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.