CHEETAHS ---> Smile, it's Monday!

Hey there!

Cathy – That is good that our marathons are close together! We can “train together”! I was thinking Bingham had a “run” plan. My book is still at work :<( Hal Higdon’s Novice schedule has you running 4 days a week and then cross training on Sun. He has Monday as a rest day and Friday as a rest day with the long run on Saturday. The “Marathon – The Ultimate Training Guide” is a really good book! That schedule looks like pretty much all running, but I guess you could put in walk breaks. I also have a book – “The Every Woman’s Guide to Marathoning”…..it is interesting! It is by Wendy Robbins and Alyce Vilines. But I am just not sure if the training is quite “enough”. I need to go over it again. Good job on the 4 miles yesterday! It won’t be long before you get back your “running” legs after all the EXT! At least the EXT gave your joints a chance to “recover” from pounding! It is funny, though….the EXT makes my knees feel more “iffy” that running. I think I am just weird, though. ;<)

Judy – Enjoy your run! That is cool about the forearm DOMS! I very, very, very rarely get any DOMS in that area! I really need something to work that spot!

Wendi – We missed you, too! Enjoy your run and try not to work too hard in the attic, basement, etc!

Christine – I am with you! “Smile and Monday” are definitely not me :<( But…I will “pretend smile”!!! :>) LOL …your dream was a good one! Oh my! I like older men, too. My DH is 9 years older than me. I hope the school’s budget doesn’t get cut!

Shelly – Wow! You don’t have very much time left before you are done with your job, do you? Enjoy your indoor run!

Wendy – My ME workout yesterday was before my run! I really don’t think I could have done it afterwards. I almost always do my weights before my cardio, too! Good job on your TM run and your PR! That is great!

Jackie – Great job on your SloMo workout!

Posh – Hey there!!!!

Kath – Good job on your circuits!

Dallas – Great job on starting the final P90X phase!!!!!

Today was my rest day. :<)

Have a good night everyone! Hi to everyone!!!

Linda

Good evening Cheetah babes!

Why can't I have days like I had today more often :D? It started off with a fantastic run this Monderful morning with the most perfect running weather you could ever imagine. My 9ish miler turned into my fastest hilly-ish 10 miler ever in 1:29:30!!! The funny thing is I almost stopped after the first 3 miles because I felt like I was crawling and I couldn't get my HR to come down to where I like it to stay on long runs...I just didn't realize how fast I was going ;). Silly me :p!

Then it was off to lunch with DSO and then I stopped and did a couple of errands on the way home. Then I got real serious and got ALL of the $#!* from the garage, basement, and attic (and even a few things that weren't on the original list) that needed to get out for bulk pick-up out to the curb. Then, since I had a little pocket of time, I cleaned up my front gardens (cleaning leaves out, weeding, feeding, etc). Next on the agenda was meeting DSO at the driving range to hit a bucket of balls. And, last but not least, I stopped and picked up soil and mulch and put down all fresh mulch in the freshly cleaned out gardens. Okay, kinda pooped now LOL!!!! I need a few more days like this and then I might actually come close to getting caught up with everything that needs to get done around here.

Cathy - No problem here with the smiles either!!! I'm sorry to hear about the leg goofiness :(...I really hope it fades away and doesn't get in the way of your training. I wouldn't worry about what you think you've lost...it'll come back lickety split!

Judy - Nice to hear you had a nice time golfing...I agree it was HOT this weekend! Those forearms will be up to snuff soon enough. Too funny about the Lilac!!! I used to work in a snack bar, too, and the smell just got into everything and never seemed like it washed off...BLECH x(! That tourney isn't on my agenda...the entry fee is $$$$$ and you better go to win the darn thing. Great run today...wasn't it just gorgeous out there?

Christine - ITA about older men...you should meet my DSO lol :p! Wow, that is some workout you had planned for today! Okay, I missed something along the way...what *is* scrapple, if I dare ask??? I really hope your DD's school doesn't fall prey to those budget cuts :(. Oh, I want to check out that link...I *heart* my BB.

Shelly - How quickly the time went...I can't believe you only have three nights left :eek:! Don't kid yourself...they're going to go through quite a transtition once they're Shelly-less at the hospital. After all, who's going to offer to work all of the holidays ;)? I have a very small house and have been wanting to "clean house" for awhile now... what a relief! Nah, got no races planned. *IF* something fits into my schedule then I might do it...any distance 13.1 miles or shorter :p. Don't be getting any ideas now about that 18 miler!!! I hope you had a great run today.

Wendy - Oh, yeah, had lotsa fun with DSO }(. I'll leave it at that :p! The Lilac is a big $$$$$ tourney...you better be in it to win it! I've told DSO he should do it but he can't justify the expense for a very small chance of a good pay-off. I hope your DH does well!!! Woohoo...great run girl!!!!!!!!

Carole - That was so nice of you to go see your friend's mother...I hope she recovers soon. Nice workout you had cooked up for today!

Lorie - Oooh, Lorie, nice to hear that you've got a new "friend" }(...okay, for whatever reason that came off sounding a little grade-schoolish LOL :p. So glad that you're finally over that yucky bug!

Jackie - Congrats on your amazing race!!!!!!!! WTG!!! So sorry to hear of the continued delays on your house though. It must get so frustrating to be so near the end and to have all these little hiccups slow things down again. Great workout today!

Posh - Glad to hear you had a good time on your fun-run. It sounds like you've got a good plan there.

Kath - I haven't had a chance to say "Welcome Home!" Glad to hear you had a wonderful time on vacay! I'm so jealous of all those runs you got in, on the beach no less :p. Nice workout today! Oh, isn't it just gorgeous out there right now!

Dallas - Have fun with the final phase of the X! Have you had good results? Wow, an hour on those stairs is amazing...wtg!

Linda - Holy moly...ME and a long run? I bow down to you woman! I don't think I could ever imagine pulling that one off...my legs would be toast lol! I hope you had a nice rest day.

Sunny - If you're lurking, I hope you're well and things quiet down for you a little.

Okay, that catches me up for now. I have noe idea what tomorrow's workout will be. I think it will depend on what kind of DOMS I'm facing in the morning }(. I'm crashing fast so I'm going to go pour this tired bod into bed and sleep like a rock. Hasta manana chicas!

Carole - Hope you enjoy your Leg Ext's, curls and GS and EXT! That sounds like a good workout! I have found that when I try to do my weight machine and do the hamstring curls....I must be doing "something" not quite right. It always makes my sciatica hurt and around my hip. It is strange because it is always just the right side :-( JS would be good in any of the workouts that pretend to jump rope, too! I hope your mom's friend is okay!

Wendi - My goodness! That was a great run! Sounds like wonderful conditions and time! You are one fast cheetah! :7

Hi Cheetahs!
I have been reading your thread and you sound like such great ladies that I would like to join your check in to keep me on track.
I am a 32 year old fifth grade teacher. This year is my seventh year of teaching and I really enjoy it. I can't imagine doing anything else.
I live in northern lower Michigan where the weather is 70 degrees right now!:) FINALLY! It's been a long, COLD winter up here. I have a DH who is the general manager of a fly fishing shop in the town where we live (it's a popular trout stream). I also have a great dog named Ellie.
I have been a runner since I was 18 and found Cathe when I was sidelined from an injury. I LOVE her workouts.
I have had a goal of running a marathon my whole adult life and only want to do one. I am in the lottery for NYC and can't wait to find out if I get in. I guess the chances are 50/50. I figure if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. So I will wait and see.
I am an early riser so I am off to solidify the lesson plans and hit the hay.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Have a fantastic evening!:)
Gloria

Gloria - Welcome! Oh my! My DH's passion is fly fishing! He goes to Montana a lot and fly fishes there. I have gone once and loved it! How exciting! I hope you get in the NYC marathon! That would be a wonderful marathon to run! I have never run a marathon, either. It is a goal of mine and I hope to run one this year! Awww! Ellie is a pretty name for your dog! We are a bunch of animal lovers, here! :7 I am glad the weather in Michigan warmed up some!

Linda

Evening!

Great news - I found out the other day that I can get a pager from my gym and run outside while DS is in the daycare. Sweet!!! I guess I would know that if I actually went there once in awhile. lol The park I've been running around and through is super close to the gym. I'm so excited. :) Oh, and I have a nice fat lip that just stopped bleeding. :eek: This has happened before when I've gone to kiss my kids on the head, they decide to adjust their pillow....ker plowie!! Man, that's smarts! x(

Wendi ~ WOW! A great run and all that house stuff, gardening too!!! You rock!!! :D Oh thanks about the stairs. I was so slow today though. I only got in 19 trips up/down. :( Must be the extra day of running I added. Hope I don't get the calf DOMS like I usually do when I miss. It was so crowded today. It was actually what kept me going. ;-)

Shelly ~ How did that 60 min interval run go? Counting down the days?!?! It sounds like you'll be missed, and I can see why! :)

Wendy ~ IA - I think doing the first mary near home is a good plan. That's why I was so excited about Chicago....there's always next year though (See vvvv Cathy's post). :( lold' about your BBC comments. That's what kept me doing the rotation. }( LOL I got some really good results w/that rotation. Have fun!

Jackie ~ Your DOMS go away? Are you starting a Slo Mo rotation?

Judy ~ You sound like quite the golfer. I don't know if I have the patience to even learn. I would think it's so peaceful out on the course though??? Forearm DOMS?!? :) Nice job on the run!

Linda ~ Wow! ME and a run?!?! Did you have a break in between, I hope! My legs would be like jello...like they felt after the stairs today. :eek: Now when is your marathon again?

Christine ~ lol'd about your dream. That's terrible about your DD's cuts at the school. Keep us posted. re: decluttering the play room - I think crayons and coloring books multiply! :eek:

Cathy ~ Well, that's good your chiro said all you need is a heel lift. I went to the running store today to get new shoes. Don't know how I found that time. I had a long talk with the owner. He has run so many marathons he said he lost count. He didn't seem too positive about TNT. Hmmm. However, he did say I'd be in good hands with a particular coach he mentioned. **Crossing my fingers** I get that one. ;-) He also suggested I run the half this year and wait until next year for a full until I have a better base. As you know I was already on the fence. I think with this crazy schedule we keep that that is the best option for me. I also need to study/take the test for the ACE and get that under my belt. I know Posh is going to come out and give me a pep talk, but I will definitely be there to cheer you two on!!!! :) I know that there will be another time to run with some mary "newbies" from this checkin, Wendy!!! ;-) Oh, did I mention I'm on the committee for our high school 20 year reunion??? :eek: That's in August. Not sure I even want to go this time.

Posh ~ Umm, see above. :( I hope to join you girls the next time around! Sounds like you have a good plan for your training.

Carole ~ WoW!! You really like Monday's?!?!? lol I like getting back into routine, but I think that's all I like about Monday's. ;-) Actually, I talked to TNT today about switching me to the half and they said the full is closed to public registration. That was fast. :eek: High Fives on your 6 miler the other day! :)

Lorie ~ Glad you're feeling better. :) So your starting NROL..? To soon to tell what you think?

Sunny ~ Hope all is well with you!!!

Kath ~ Welcome back! Sounds like a great vacation. Workouts and all. :)

Hi Gloria!! Welcome aboard the Cheetah train!! LOL! When will you find out about NYC marathon? Good luck! :)

Well, time to get to some studying...have a good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.