BFL Thursday

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning all!

Belinda - heavier than Cathe! I'm impressed. On lower body I can usually match her, but on upper I'm a step or two lower.

Just finished 4DS kickbox. Shoulders were feeling yesterday's workout when I woke up, but now they are all loosened up.

Eating is back track now that I'm out of the house during the day (less access to munchies helps me so much). Looks like lunch will be the last of the white chicken chili.

Now off to shower, kids the kids rolling and head out to work. Hope you all have an awesome day!

Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

About ready to leave for work!

No workout in again last night, hopefully tonight will be better :) Still not used to going back to work after having all that time off.

BF is in the dog house like usual... I was looking at some Victoria Secret clothes last night, and this is what he said. "Hon, you have to finally admit your pushing 40... (ok, I'm only 36) and what is wrong w/ Victoria Secret clothes anyways??? GRRRRR..... MEN!! x(

Talk to you all later~

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Morning Everyone!
I think I will have to postpond my workout until this afternoon. I slept late for me 6:30 and DD has a dental appt at 9. I will workout after lunch today..I just don't feel like rushing this morning.

Jennifer...my dh would love me to wear VS stuff for him and Im almost 41..so tell your BF he doesnt know what he's talking about:p ! You are hot and he should want to see you prancing around in something sexy!

Ok..I need some encourgement to fly. Its my greatest fear. When I think of flying I think of dying....it really scares me. We are going to Fla in March and have the chance to fly...free. Boy that sounds good and the drive would be 16 hours. So if you guys love to fly...let me know why!

And I need a good protein powder with no artificial sweetners. I have never tried any pro powder but would like to. All that I have looked at so far has either sucrolose or aspartame. Any suggestions?

GOOD MORNING, LADIES! Happy Thursday...although I miss my Survivor on Thursday nights now! lol

Late post for me. Thursday mornings I do School Store at the school for 4th grade.

This morning's workout was iTread 13 Sprints and Core Max 3. Tonight I'd like to plug in LIS cardio once again. for some extra. I was shooting for a longer iTread, like a 60 min one, but because we had to be out the door 30 minutes earlier than a normal day, I had to make do with a shorter one.

The scale is being SOOOOO KIND to me these days. lol I took all of last week of as rest week and pretty much ate anything and EVERYTHING. Listen to THESE NUMBERS! LOL Monday morning, the scale was up 13.8 pounds! In ONE STINKIN' week! lol But Tuesday morning it was down 2#, Wednesday morning it was down another 3.4 and today down another 1 full pound. LOL Isn't that just funny? I figured these first 2 weeks would be getting back to the point I was at at the very end of my first challenge (which ended 12/23).

Susan-I don't really have any input on the protein powder, sorry. I haven't ever really checked around. I just use the Myoplex Lite meal replacement and don't bother looking at others YET.

Speaking of which, ladies. I'm curious now with all this talk of protein powders and shakes. Are you ladies drinking shakes that are PROTEIN shakes or MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKES? I know there is a difference when it comes to carb/protein portions, so I thought I'd ask.

Came back to add that last night, I printed off my before and after pics from Challenge #1. (I had them printed thru snapfish.com and picked them up at Walgreen's, but the quality of the prints were HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. So last night I just printed them off myself and they look GREAT!) Tonight I'm going to sit and finally complete the Challenge Entry Packet, attach the photos, and send it in tomorrow's mail. I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited!

OK....have a few things to do before I head back to the school.

Gayle

Good morning all!

Sherry - thanks for getting us started today -- I was still in bed -- he he!!

Jennifer - men say the silliest things!! IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE... that's my advice. You have an awesome body, so I don't know what he was thinking. Now, I'm not defending him... but my DH LOVES when I wear VS nighties...but he's not thrilled with the "clothes". He's thrilled if I wear the clothes for him...but out in public it's too much for him. DH is pretty conservative...he even comments on other women who are dressed too scantily and thinks they should cover up and save it for their own DHs. Since I'm a little shy, I like that quality in him -- I know he is not gawking at other women with great bods!! :) (But personally, you've got the bod...you could pull off both the nighties and the clothes!!!)

Susan -- flying...don't be scared. Over the holidays did you see all the car pile-ups due to ice/snow and all those deaths? Now, how many people died flying? None. We all know you are more likely to die in car crash. I love to fly!!! :)

Gayle -- Wow to go on the scale. Personally, I'm still too scared to step on mine!! :)

Gotta run for now!
Michellle

Morning everyone!
I’m so sorry but I’m running of to a meeting in a few minutes and wanted to post my activity/foods before I go. I’ll come back later for lunch and do personals.

I ran 5 miles this morning (using iTreads). My food for yesterday was:

1) Scrambled eggbeaters/egg whites with 1/8 cup low fat cheddar + 1 packet Simple Harvest multi grain cereal with 3 tbsp fat free half & half + coffee

2) Chicken breast + potato + peas + slice BFL pumpkin pie

3) 2 meatloaf muffins + 12 cherries + Activa yogurt

4) Chicken chili + extra chicken on the side

5) PB&J (2 slices light wheat bread/1 tbsp. reduced fat pb/1 tbsp all fruit preserves) + coffee

Be back later,
Kathy

Way to go on the run Kathy!! Your meals look awesome - you are making me HUNGRY!! :)

Okay, I finally got off my butt and did 20 minutes elliptical and Core Max 3. Wow, I love my medicine ball!!

Off to have a turkey and sprout sandwich! Yipee!

Michelle

Good afternoon everyone!

I am extremely disappointed...no DOMS today! I even tacked on an extra set of squats, 12 reps w/ 58lb barbell. And three sets of wall squats, 12 reps w/15lb dbs, 10 reps w/15lb dbs and 12 reps w/20lb dbs. Bummer...:-(

So my DH was very disappointed to find out that he had to wait until Sunday to have pizza for dinner }( ! I told him that if he wanted to have pizza that bad, that I could make pizza (healthy version of course). He decided to wait until Sunday...hehehe!! I'm actually REALLY looking forward to it!!

Susan - I feel the same way about flying. As soon as I know that I have to fly somewhere, I immediately assume that I'm going to die which leads me to having the conversation with DH that begins with "Just in case something happens...". I actually have to fly quite often in my new job and it doesn't get any easier. And I only feel that way on my way to the destination, I'm fine on the way home, although I tend to get very emotional when we are close to landing. I can't read or listen to music because it makes me cry! I balled practically the whole way home from the RT in August. I felt bad for the guy beside me because I was trying really hard to hide it, but I couldn't and I could tell that he didn't know what to do. When I fly with my DH and DD, I don't feel that way at all. I figure that if something is going to happen, it's going to happen to all of us and at least we are together. Okay, enough about that...

Gayle - glad to hear that you are happy with your pictures! Go get'm girl!!! Glad to hear that your scale is being your friend this week, too!

Jennifer - my advice, order something from VS, wear it, then see if he dares to say anything. You'd probably leave him speechless. And a speechless man is a wonderful thing!!!

Okay, HIIT on deck for tonight, but not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe 1/2 Low Max with a med ball on the blasts. That'll fry my legs for sure!!

M#1: egg white omelet (4) w/red peppers & scallions
M#2: apple & string cheese
M#3: w/w tortilla, 1/2 can white tuna, lettuce, shredded carrot, red pepper & scallions
M#4: veggie chili (this came out so good that I'm going to be ;( when it's gone!)
M#5: broiled pork chop, brown rice or sweet potato, brocolli
M#6: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup 1%, some cinammon

Have a great day everyone!

Yeah... I didn't even see the meatloaf muffins. Please share Kathy!!!

Is it just meatloaf baked in a muffin tin?? Now I'm curious...

Susan and Melissa -

Really I LOVE to fly. Doesn't bother me at all -- and who wants to drive that far??!!

Since it is so hard on you... I really think you should talk to your doctor and take some medication for it. It something that you just take right before you fly and it will calm your nerves. I'm not big on medication -- but considering how scared you are, this would be one time I would definitely take the meds!!

Michelle

I really wish I enjoyed flying. The last time I flew was about 10 years ago..from Memphis to Nashville. Not far..but far enough. I just hate the way I feel. I would love to over-come this fear. My good friend was trying to encourage me saying I needed to get over it etc. I asked her..what if I die trying to get over it?? She said "oh I would feel really bad then" HAHA
I would love the meatloaf recipe too.
I saw one time a recipe for rotissorie (spelling really wrong) in a crockpot. You put the chicken on balls of foil. Do this found familiar at all?
STill havent worked out. I have been playing store with DD for hours it seems!!

Hi ladies,
Doing another drive-by! Work is super busy and I’m on my way out again. I wanted to post these for you all. I’ll catch up this evening at home.

Kathy

Meatloaf Muffins:

1 lb. extra lean ground beef (97% - I use Laura’s brand)
1 package Stove Top – (I used cornbread flavor)
1 medium onion, chopped – (I used ½ cup frozen onions)
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 egg whites
1 c. hot water

Mix stove top and water in a large bowl, stir with fork until moistened. In another bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. Add stuffing to mixture. Fill sprayed muffin tins almost to the top with mixture. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. 12 muffins = 2 points.

Calories per muffin: 109 (33% protein/39% carb/28% fat)

BFL Crustless Pumpkin Pie

1 cup cottage cheese (fat free or low fat)
11 T Splenda, divided
1 can (15 oz) solid pumpkin
7 egg whites
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Blend cottage cheese until smooth and creamy. Pour in bowl and add 4 T Splenda, pumpkin and spices. Separate egg whites and put into mixing bowl. Mix at high speed, gradually adding 7 T of Splenda. Mix until egg whites are firm. Gently fold egg whites into pumpkin mixture until well blended, but do not deflate. Spray glass pie plate with Pam and bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then turn down heat and bake at 350 for another 40 minutes. Let cool before cutting. Chill in fridge for at least one hour because it's best served very cold in my opinion.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....meatloaf! YUMMO! Thanks for sharing, Kathy! I've made that pumpkin pie recipe before, but I'm not happy with the taste Splenda leaves behind. Anybody ever use something besides Splenda???

As for the rotisserie chicken....YES! I've made that. It's pretty simple and exaclty what you said, Susan. You put the whole chicken BREAST SIDE DOWN on top of 4 or 5 foil balls. This way, as it roasts in the crockpot, the juices drip downward into the breast. YUM!

Susan-I'm no help when it comes to flying, as I've only ever flown 3 times in my entire life. Once in high school, and twice as an adult. It helped, on the last 2 trips, that my attention was diverted to younger DS, who gets motion sicknes and was pretty much spending the whole flight with his face in a 'sickness bag'. LOL

Gayle

Thanks Gayle. I just got the sale paper from the grocery store here and whole chickens are on sale. Im making that!!! Yum!
The whole flying things just creeps me out. I might be able to syke myself up..but not till March!

Hello, I’m finally back. Life was just too hectic. The puppies and foster mom are now gone…woohoo. Fun but lots of work. My cancer dog is on a new treatment plan and the tumor is changing, which hopefully means it is better. They ‘could’ remove it, but it would #1 probably grow right back and #2 cost an additional $1,500 to remove. So often it is better to spend your money on treatments. It’s an average of $1,000 a month or so just to treat her. It was $800 just to do the biopsy and get the labs done. I haven’t gone back to workouts but did see the doctor and got a RX for physical therapy. I already take pain meds, etc. for my 2 herniated discs in my neck and don’t want any more meds!!! I was going to try to workout tonight but realized I have to get to my other vet for meds for the other dog, so it may wait until tomorrow. My lower back still hurts occasionally so I will take it easy.

Swamped as usual at work so I didn’t get a chance to read any posts. But hoping that if I keep up with checking in I can get my butt back on track. Eating has been only about 75% good, which is not good especially if I can’t workout!

Colleen

Hi Everyone~

Thanks for posting the Meatloaf Muffins ... They look yummy! :9 How many do you eat as a meal?

Ok, I am debating on selling my Cathe DVD's again :(:(
Finances are really hard right now, and we can take any money we can get. I would just hate to sell all of them :(

Morning wasn't great on eating again, but It has gotten better throughout the day. I put a gallon jug of water in my car last night...came out this morning, and YEP...frozen solid .. LOL :)

Hope to get in a workout tonight, depends on the way I feel when I get home. It's a depressing household right now :( Ok, I know I'm whining ..
BBL
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Jennifer-I'm sorry things are tough at home right now. "Hang in there" just doesn't seem to cut it, though. I really am sorry. Try to focus on something GOOD. Something POSITIVE. Stay strong!

Hey, Colleen! I was just thinking about you last night! SOrry about the aches and pains, with you and the pups!

Gayle

Kathy :)

Wow! both recipes look awesome :) I'm on my way too Giant Eagle to buy all the goodies too make Meatloaf:9 Muffins:9 man oh man does that sound GOOD to me.

I will let you know how they turned out tomorrow, thank you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.