BFL TGIF - 1/11

Good morning ladies,

Sherry** I am here! Have fun with your workout!I am getting ready to do PLB!

Heidi** for the last year I have been doing all of Catha’s rotations! Some of her DVD’s never pop up on her rotations! I never opened the Timesaver and The Terminator! I don’t remember the last time I opened Supersets?? I not have a space issue! How can I incorporate this DVD’s with BFL? Cardio Kicks is my favorite kick box workout!

Susan** great job on your workout yesterday! You did do a Cathe workout?

Gayle** can I use the GS,S&H and Pure Strenth series with BFL???

Hi to anyone else that checks in, or that checked in while I was posting!

Have a great day and workout!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Morning Sherry and Belinda! Im sure Gayle is working out as a type!
Its 5am hear and Ive been up an hour with a sick dog. She had surgery on Wednesday so Im thinking the anethesia (sp) is giving her a diarhea. I will have to call the vet today. Shes fine now..just needed to go out!!!
Belinda I did Super Cardio yesterday..its an old Firm. Today I plan on 4DS total body. I hope I like it.
Going to get DH his coffee and off to work then I"ll be back. I must say its very nice having support here!
Oh....and I am up 2 drattit pounds. Whats up with that??? I think my holiday food has finally settled in for a while. I know anyday now I will have a loss.
Morning to all!

Good morning Belinda & Susan & all who follow.

Work out done! Today was lower body – did legs & core from 4DS. Heavied up a bit and now I’ll wait for the DOMS (usually happens later in the afternoon when I’m trudging up the stairs)

I was feeling much better by the end of yesterday, so I did Kickbox. The other night I started in with the Echinacea, vitamin C and Zicam and the head cold never really happened. DH keeps saying it’s placebo effect, but I don’t care – it’s gone! Which is good because the puppy-who-was-spayed-4-days-ago-but-you’d-never-know-due-to-her-amazing-energy-level was even more wound up last night with her squeaky toys. She just loves them the noisier the better! And DD was all psyched up because she already surpassed her GS cookie sale goal, and still has a list of people to sell to and we still haven’t done a both yet. Goodness gracious! I need this exercise to keep up with them.
Thanks for all of your words of encouragement. They are really helping. I’m staying focused. Tonight DH and I are going out to dinner, but that can be my free meal for the week. ‘Course, once cookies get in the house (I’m the cookie mom), I’ll need your support even more!

Belinda – You crack me up marking off all the premixes you’ve done. And I won’t say anything about your tapes if you don’t say anything about all of my scrapbook stuff. If the Clean Eating magazine is available where you are (maybe not, but you never know), it also has lots of great sounding recipes and meal plans (though I have yet to try any of them; maybe this weekend).

Susan – Too bad about the rain yesterday, but great cardio workout! Let me know how you like 4DS total body – I’ve been sticking with parts so have never the weight work all together. Good luck with the grocery shopping. The Kroger that was on my way home just closed (it was an older, smaller store) because a newer, bigger one opened up a couple miles down the road, which is a little more out of my way. Will take more of an effort to keep fresh fruit and veggies in the house, but I have all of you to stay motivated.

Melissa – How’s DH? BIL had to pass a few stones a while back, even missed a family wedding due to it. He was not a happy camper. Hope it happens soon for your DH. I hope scrambled eggs keep in the frig. I was thinking about starting to take them to work for snacks.

Michelle – Great motivation! Just keep it up and the inches will go away. Yes, we’re all in this together (though just typing those words made the HSM song go through my head). I also didn’t post much (as you can tell by my low number), but checking in with all of you has helped rather than trying once again on my own.

Gayle – Everyone has some down time, but looks like you bounce back just fine. I’m enjoying the looser fitting clothes, though not ready to downsize yet. And at that point I’ll need to go shopping because that will be pre-preg #1 and all those clothes are long gone by 11 years!

Kathy – Yeah! The pound stayed off! That can always bring a smile! Way to stick with it!

Jennifer – Don’t know if there is a Fitness 19 near you, but the ones here are $19/month and open 19 hours per day. And the Powerhouse Gym is $35/month and they often send out coupons for no initiation fee. And there might be a community center nearby for which you pay a small fee as a non-resident. Just a few alternatives to think about. I like the EFL meatloaf, though I’ve never had it without the ketchup – that’s how DH makes it (and since he’s willing to cook, I don’t complain – well, most of the time I don’t).

Heidi – I don’t have many Cathe workouts, but I do like Drill Max. It’s more athletic like, which makes it a nice change from the straight weights or step ones. I definitely recommend that one.

TGIF! And YES, WE ARE AWESOME!

Hey, guys! Just came up from the basement and I can barely get my arms up to the computer keyboard to type! I kicked it UP with upper body this morning and I'm feeling it right this moment! LOL

I will be back after the bus to chat some more...promise!

Gayle

Hi and Good morning to you all,

I think I am up...:) My alarm went off at 5am but I hit the snooze. Woke again at 6 and gave DH his medicine. I fell asleep till 7. Woke up DS to get him ready for school. His breakfast is ready and I am having my coffee. (I can't get moving it seems without it)

Today's goal:
PLB
abs from Ab Hits

Hi Sherry: How did you like the legs and core from 4DS? I always feel my workouts a day later. }( I am still feeling it from PUB. :)

Gayle: Which upper did you do today?

Belinda: Yes to fitting in GS, SH and Pure Strength. I mixed up my workouts last challenge with these plus the Pyramids. I would have been bored to tears doing the same workouts week to week.

Susan: Sorry to hear about your pup. Hope it feels better soon.:D Curious also on how you like the 4DS T.Body. As for the weight...TOM time? Weigh your self after your workout and see if it went away.;-)

Melissa: How did it go yesterday with your DH? Hope he is better today.

Good Morning to all the rest that are still sleeping in.
I will BBL Heidi :7

Heidi**Thanks for answering! I am getting already bored with the Pyramids! I been using them my second week! I really don’t workout first thing in the morning with an empty stomach; will this affect my weight loss? I can’t get out of bed this early in the moring! How is you DH doing?

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Morning everyone!
Yeah, lots of early birds today gettin' it done! I did a BFL lower body workout (upping the weights in barbell squats, barbell static lunges, and extensions). I made note that I need to up the weights in a couple of other exercises next week.

Today I added in another extra pyramid (so now I'm doing a total of 5 pyramids) like in upperbody but all lower body exercises. For two, I pair a quad with a hamstring and do the others as stated (quad/quad and hamstring/hamstring). I'm sure that didn't make a bit of sense, lol. ANYWAY, it was kickin' I can feel it already.

I also only had time for the abs from Power Hour so I'll tack some more on tomorrow when I have time. Gotta run to work again.

Kathy

Good morning again.

Kathy-you've confused me! LOL When you get time, can you list what you do for lower body with 5 pyramids???

Belinda-to be honest with you, you can use whatever workout works FOR YOU! The key to it all is just be consistant and eat very well. You don't need to workout first thing in the morning. Workout WHEN IT WORKS FOR YOU!!! I love the BFL lifestyle, but I also TRULY believe that you (WE) can and WOULD see excellent progress using ANY workout system or series AS LONG AS WE DO IT CONSISTANTLY and EAT CLEAN...CONSISTANTLY! So you do whatever workout will KEEP YOU MOTIVATED! You're DOING SO WELL! KEEP IT UP, LADY!

Heidi-sounds like you just needed that extra rest. I think you're entitled after all you're dealing with!!! Have an awesome workout! For my upper body workout, I did the BFL pyramids as 'prescribed'.

Sherry-sounds like your WHOLE household is ON FIRE, girl! LOL Here's to hoping for excellent DOMS later today! HA!

Susan-Drink water....more water. lol That should help with those 2 pounds a bit!

I don't know about YOU ladies, but I'm ready for the weekend! I'm tired today. The weather is stillw arm (60 today), but rainy and dark and I'm sure that's playing a part in this tiredness. All the DOMS doesn't help me move much faster either! LOL

Last night, I previewed some Amy Bento workouts (a good friend had sent these to me as a surprise Christmas gift), and I may try out the step workout. I LOVE step, but I'm not sure I'm ready to try to learn another instructor's cues. We'll see. Looking forward to Sunday's REST DAY!!!!!!!!

BBL

Gayle

HEy!
Sorry no report on 4DS total body. I did 4DS lower body then dd woke up and I didnt have time for the entire 67 more min of upper body..so I did MM p/p premix. I went very heavy so I feel somewhat worked out!
Bubbles, our dog is fine. Im calling the vet in a bit though, just to be safe.
Sherry-ohhh how I miss Kroger!! We moved to a small town in Ark in August and the closet Kroger is in Little Rock about 40 miles away. I just love Kroger. When we are in LR we do go Krogering though.
I did drop 1 pound this morning. I don't think I could drink more water if I wanted to. I keep a glass full with a straw in it and drink all day long.
Hi to everyone. bbl

TGIF!!!!

Boy are you ladies all up early today!!

I got up at 4:30 and did PUB. Feeling good! I can't believe it, I just made it throught an entire work week and got up EVERY SINGLE day at 4:30. I have NEVER done that before!!

Sherry - Way to get us started early bird!! :) You go!

Belinda - I'm with you, I love so many of Cathe's, I just never know what to use. My problem has been if I leave it up to "what I feel like" at the moment, then I'm not consistent. Knowing this week was PUB/PLB, I just got up and did it without thinking. So, I have NO IDEA what to do!!

Susan - So sorry about your dog. I still do a couple old firm tapes too. Just can't let them go. How do you drink water all day. I wish I could -- but, I just don't like it. I'm drinking a shake a day now, and I'm counting that as one of my waters! he he!

Melissa - Your poor DH!!! Keep us posted. I don't know about scrambled eggs -- I LOVE egg beaters, especially the southwestern version with onions/green peppers -- they literally only take a minute or so to make.

Jennifer - I don't have any gym advice. When I had a membership, I never really went. We even have a home gym at home, which I never use. Give me Cathe and a few dumbbells and I'm happy. Sorry, wish I had more to give ya!!

Heidi - Good job on the workout this morning. Who cares if you hit the snooze, you still did it!!!! My problem is if I hit the snooze then I can't get it in, because I have to be to work by 8:00.

Kathy - Way to go on that extra pryamid!! Yahoo!!

Gayle - Right now I'm reading a stack of Michael Connelly books, they are okay, but not thrilling. Still you need to go back to Dean Koontz -- his books are awesome!! I'll look through my bookshelf tonight and give you some more later.

Oh my gosh, I just did personals! How in the world do you gals keep up with those?? Now that Gayle has become 'famous' and we have so many new friends!! :)

Chat with you later!!!
Michelle

Sherry - I just looked at your number of posts. Boy, you weren't kidding when you said you don't post often. Just want you to know that we are glad you are posting with us!! Keep it up!! :)

Michelle

Hi Belinda,

As Gayle said "Do what is best for you." Eating-Clean and getting in your exercises at some point during the day is the key to any program. It really doesn't matter what time that exercise is done as long as it gets done.;-)

There is no magic pill to losing weight no matter how much the ads rave about it. Plain hard work and eating right is the right choice to losing weight and keeping it off for life.

Have a great day...BBL Heidi

Hey Michelle..I actually like water. Everytime I see my glass I take a swig..I mean everytime I pass it etc. Have you tried using a straw. I started using a straw when I had a senitive tooth..and noticed I drank more that way...now I keep the starw industry in business.
DD is home "sick" today. No fever but a tiny sore throat. Of course she's feeling quite perky now. I guess it will be a girls day!

Hi Susan,

Sorry your daughter isn't feeling good today. Have a quiet girls day. :) Tea w/honey anyone? My kids loved this when they were sick in bed along with coloring fun.:)

Belinda: I came across a rotation recently for Timesaver if you haven't used it yet. Maybe this will help:

BBL Heidi

"Body Blast Timesaver DVD Rotation"
Author cheval
Author Info Member since Jul 25th 2006
224 posts
Date Wed Dec-12-07 03:40 PM

I made up a 4 week rotation using only the Timesaver DVD from the Body Blast Series and Stretch Max from the Hardcore series.

Week 1
Day 1: Time Saver #1 Chest/Triceps (38 minutes)
Day 2: Time Saver #2 Back/Core (40 minutes) + Stretch Max 1
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Time Saver #3 Biceps/Core (45 minutes)
Day 5: Time Saver #4 Shoulders (43 minutes)
Day 6: Time Saver #5 Leg work (48 minutes) + Stretch Max 3
Day 7: Off

Week 2
Day 1: Time Saver #2 Back/Core (40 minutes)
Day 2: Time Saver #1 Chest/Triceps (38 minutes)
Day 3: Time Saver #3 Biceps/Core (45 minutes) + Stretch Max 2
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Time Saver #5 Leg work (48 minutes)
Day 6: Time Saver #4 Shoulders (43 minutes) + Stretch Max 1

Week 3
Day 1: Time Saver #3 Biceps/Core (45 minutes)
Day 2: Time Saver #5 Leg work (48 minutes) + Stretch Max 3
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Time Saver #2 Back/Core (40 minutes)
Day 5: Time Saver #4 Shoulders (43 minutes)
Day 6: Time Saver #1 Chest/Triceps (38 minutes) + Stretch Max 2

Week 4
Day 1: Time Saver #4 Shoulders (43 minutes)
Day 2: Time Saver #3 Biceps/Core (45 minutes)
Day 3: Time Saver #5 Leg work (48 minutes) + Stretch Max 2
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Time Saver #1 Chest/Triceps (38 minutes)
Day 6: Time Saver #2 Back/Core 40 minutes) + Stretch Max 1

April

Belinda-YES...I am preordering STS. I just have to swallow real hard when I enter my credit card number (more details on that below). Right now, I'm not doing any circuits. My weight work is all heavy sstuff (the Pyramids heavy or BFL weight work), and my cardio is usually running (iTreads), but I throw in a Cathe interval work or an iCycle here and there to confuse my body!

MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A WHOLE WEEK! WOO hoo, girl! You're on fire. One more workout tomorrow to close out the week (what time are you planning on getting up? I'll meet you!)! ONWARD AND UPWARD! And stop calling me FAMOUS! LOL

SUsan-I'm with you on the water. It's the only thing I've ever drank (or drunk, lol), besdies my occassional beer (ok...so it should be drunk, lol). Every night before bed, I fill my gallon jug and that's what I shoot for each day. Yesterday? I drank 1 1/2 GALLONS of water! I was SOOO thirsty most of the day! lol

OK....I'm just crying on your shoulders for JUST ONE MINUTE, because crying isn't going to solve things. But it's a good short-term release, right? My car was in the shop for over a week and the guy called me yesterday. Nothing MAJOR, but it will cost me almost $800 and that HURTS like NOTHING else! I am on such a VERY VERY TIGHT, strict, and FIXED monthly budget, that this is going to hurt. Every single penny is specifically set to one purpose or another, and there's just nothing extra. My part time income helps a little bit this year (finally), but it's still just a dent. I'm VERY lucky that the ONLY debt I have is my mortgage, but when you pay that, then designate the rest of the money to taxes, utilities, groceries, KIDS, insurance, etc, that leaves NO MONEY left for CAR PROBLEMS! BUT...I don't have a choice. I need my car, it's the only one I have, and it's STILL cheaper than buying something else.

BUT KNOW WHAT? I'm still pre-ordering STS because that is also an investment in ME and my health!

OK...I've really got to get out the door to work. BBL

Gayle

p.s. thanks for listening!

Hi Michelle,

Way to go girl on your workout this morning!}( You have been doing a great job getting up early this week. Keep it up! :)

I will do better after the stress load is down. I have to wake up several times a night to make sure DH takes his medicine.

BBL...he is calling

Wow, you guys have been busy chatting it up this morning! Just got into work so I have time for a quick post then I'll BBL.

I had a ROCKIN' arm workout last night. I did kind of a PUB/BFL hybrid type of workout. Thankfully I wrote it all down so that I can duplicate it on my next UB day. I'm really feeling it today!

Posting my meals now. Once they are in writing, I tend to stick to them!!

M#1: w/w tortilla with 2T black beans, 2T salsa, 2 scrambled egg whites & a sprinkle of lowfat shredded cheddar.
M#2: veggie chili
M#3: salad w/can of white tuna, cukes, peppers & carrots.
M#4: apple & string cheese
M#5: clean tacos!!!:9
M#6: 1/2 c oatmeal, 1/2 c 1%

Have a great day everyone!!

Melissa - I really need to write my workouts down - the amount of weight, so I'll remember next time. Good suggestion!!

Heidi -- Hang in there with hubby. My husband got up at 3:30 to go the bathroom and made TONS of noise. UGH, I snapped at him -- "Hey, I have to be up in an hour, give me a break!!" :) If I had to get up several times -- there's no way I could be up at 4:30.

Gayle -- UGH, about the car. Mine has been giving me troubles too and we just keep paying to get it fixed. Which is cheaper than buying a new one. $800 is a lot of money!! I do have to say, congrats on buying the new workout - you are right, that is an investment in "you" -- okay, I'm going to see if that reasoning works on my DH !! LOL!!!

Okay a couple of you were talking about drinking a shake at night and that helping. I'm finding I need to basically starve myself in the evening for the weight to come off. Do you think it is the extra protein that you need?? Just curious -- like I said, "I'm starving" in the evenings.!! Last night I ate a hard boiled egg, then string cheese -- I went back to the fridge for another string cheese and my son said, "Geez, mom are you hungry???" :(

Michelle
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.