50 and over week of June 8 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning all,

I just finished disc 13, the start of meso 2. I loved exercises, hated the length of rest. I know I couldn't lift sooner at the same weight but still it seemed like a waste of time. It's hard for me to do nothing even if it is necessary.

Magnolia, Step away from the paper. STOP turn it in now. I love HGTV but I make dh do all the painting. I only paint with a brush, dh does roller.
My house is almost done after 30 years(many rooms for the 3rd time). I only have one bathroom left to do. I may have to move.

Weights used for disc 13
bench press 12
chest fly 16
incline bp 12
incline cf 16
seated fp 10
lateral raise 6
seatel lr 8
seated rear delt 6
all rest were 9lbs

I'm counting this as Monday's wo because it always makes me feel accomplished if I get it done early. Of course I can't get up early.:D

Good Morning!! I found my original profile here at Cathe's -- I am just playing with it now. So it's still me Jann just using my old user. :D

Good morning, everyone!

Short break here. Finished writing the paper. All that's left to do is to make sure the footnotes and the bibliography are in the proper form (my prof is picky), and that won't take long. So then I can turn it in and be done with it! YAY :D

Joan, we've been here only about 5 years, and I am still throwing out stuff and re-doing. Usually about the time I get things exactly as I want them, we move! I just keep hoping I can get all this put together so that we can just enjoy the house.

Cute picture, Jann. I think it's about time I updated my profile as well.

Hi, Beth, Cathy & Tricia! Have a great day!:D

Magnolia

I found my old user Jann when looking around at the members list. I had created that one in July 03 for some reason it says Dec 1999 :p I didn't post much for years...

I did disc 13 today. My shoulders and triceps are feeling it. I didn't mind the 60 sec breaks. I jumped in place, jogged all sorts of things to get my heart rate up... burn those calories! :)

Magnolia I have lived in the same area my whole life. I do travel but, always come home to the same place. Congrats on finishing that paper!! :D

Hello, everyone!

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I just completely took the week off from everything last week. Barely touched my computer, and was just doing Mommy workouts (i.e. pushing swings, playing frisbee, throwing the ball to my dog,etc...)

So today I took the kids over to my neighbors for some time in the pool, and now I'm too pooped to do my workout. It is 8:39 pm and I'm still deciding whether I can do it or not. If I don't start in 15 minutes, I'm going to have to push it until tomorrow.

I didn't really read the check-ins from last week after my last post, I hope all is well for everyone! Jann, I like both your user name pics...it's fun to play around with that stuff.

I'll let you know tomorrow what I decided! Good night,

Hi Everyone!

Wow! I just finished reading all the posts from last week! I was traveling last week with my son for orientation. Brought the Body Max 2 cd and did it in the hotel without the step. Then, when I got home-- guess what!!!! I can do it!!! The brain is alive!!

So, it sounds like you all were missing the sts by the end of the week!! I told you it is addictive! Joan, I kept my treadmill on and hopped on it in between sets in mesocycle 2. That way, the calories kicked in. I didn't like the rest either, but I do understand the need for it.

Tricia, mommy workouts are the best. I wish I still had my little brood to be doing the mommy workouts with!

Magnolia, congrats on the paper! You are finished now?

Jann, cute picture!

Oh! and I forgot tot tell you that my husband (is it DH?- does that mean dear husband?) is getting into doing the sts now- Now he is pushing for better weights and a rack- the other day the weights fell off the bookshelf I had them on- If I buy one- I want a good one!! I really like doing these weights at home! any suggestions?

Beth

Good afternoon Beth, Jann, Tricia, Magnolia and Cathy,

Beth my treadmill is in another room I just walked/jogged in place. You do need to do something. I was told to try ab work in meso 3. I think I'll use laptop to put ab dvd in for the 3 minute breaks.

I have done a modified Body Max 2 but still need to do abs.

Magnolia you inspired me to rip wallpaper off in the 2 story hall going up my steps. Unfortunately I can't reach the top but at least I have started.

I'm thinking of mowing because it is supposed to rain for the next three days.

BBL

Well, ladies, I'm back to my workouts - yippee!!

I did Disc 13 today, and I must say I enjoyed the breaks because 70% 1RM was kickin' my butt today! Sometimes I look at my 1RM and think, "are they putting that as total weight? Or do they really mean 25lb dumbbells?" Then I looked at Cathe's weights, and the answer was clear....I tacked on the Extended Stretch to make sure I'm not immobile tomorrow.

Sorry for the short check-in, but it's a hockey night in Pittsburgh, and the Pens must win to keep the series alive!!!

TTYL,

Good Morning,

I did get abs in and have previewed disc 14. I think I like it better but will withhold judgement until I actually do it.

I have a lot of accounting work to do today and will babysit so wo will probably be late.

It has been busy around here too!
Yesterday I managed to do the warm up of BM2 premix cardio, then when she started right into the routine with no break down - I jumped on the treadmill....:confused:
This morning I did disc 14 legs - I liked this leg workout - I don't say that very often! :p

Beth yes DH means dear husband. Are you asking about weights or a rack? I got my rack at Dicks Sporting Goods. I like it - Cant you see it in the mirror?
3250840964_4f594b53a4.jpg

Tricia glad to "see" you!

Joan as always You Go Girl!

Hi Ladies!

Jann-Wow! There's that room again! I am droolin...... You have a great set up. The rack is exactly what I was thinking- I was asking about the rack, because I have already decided that I need the weights that are octangular shape so that the paces don't fall off. Yes that has happened. And the other weights I bought, require math and quick hands in between sets. I guess I'll just drive over to Dicks and pick one out. I tried looking on line, but its hard to tell.

Tricia, I sometimes think the same thing about the weight suggestion. Then I think, I must have done it before or the computer wouldn't make that suggestion.

Joan, what discipline you have! I hope you get more time this evening!

Beth

Happy Birthday Magnolia hope trip is great.

I was exhausted yesterday and went to bed early 11:00pm. Didn't get disc 14 in so I guess yesterday was Sunday. Unless I can do two discs today:rolleyes:. That has never happened.

Today's another work day so will bbl with wo.

Lap top would not boot! :mad: Will make this quick -
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Magnolia!

Did LIS original this morning -- hope to be back soon :p

Hey, Ladies! What happened to me yesterday....My laptop is acting up, keeps navigating me away from where I want to go, GGRRRRR!

I did do my BodyMax 2 Timesaver workout plus Ab Circuits, that darn weights and plates is TOUGH. But, I did it- which I couldn't do last month when it came around on the rotation. HHMM, does that mean I'm getting Stronger?? WooHoo.

Today I did Disc 14, Legs and I agree that I like this one. (I don't like lugging my dumbbells in from garage area, those things are awkward to navigate past the kitchen table!). Beth, did you say you've got Pace weights? Are those the ones that go in small increments? I'm having to go up or down 2-3 pounds at times, which is rough at this % we are doing! DH said it would probably be good for me to get a different DB system like pace weights or the ones that dial to the correct amount. (Any input?)...

Jann, I feel your pain about the laptop - I hate it when they don't do what we want.

Magnolia, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope it was a good one!

Hi there, Joan and Cathy, have a great night.

Tomorrow I'm havin' a blast with StepBlast! TTFN,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.