50 and over week of Jan 18 check-in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies,

Two days of terrible eating:eek:, I better watch out today.

I got to thinking that the 5 miles was too fast. It wasn't an hour and 35 min, but 135 min. The counter turns over at a 100 not an hour.:rolleyes:

I will check in later with wo.

Joan

Good morning!
Joan That is interesting about the timer. :) 5 miles is GREAT!
Magnolia congrats on upping those weights!

I did burn intervals today. I can't decide if this will be a good cardio for STS or not. Maybe if I don't use any weights??? :confused: I burned a little over 300 calories so I feel good.

UHG -- my eating yesterday was awful and I am sure I will pay for that! :eek: Once I got started :mad: Today will be better. :)

Good evening ladies,

My eating was ok today assuming I'm done for the day.

Today turned out to be the rest day. I don't feel like doing anything.

I've been tempted with another wo gadget. The armband things biggest loser's wear can track calories in and out but is very expensive. Reading some of the other threads there is an armband that just record calories used. I thought it was silly to get before because who can exercise more than an hour. I got to thinking it might be worthwhile to see which exercises burn the most calories for me. I know wo manager gives calories for dvd's but I don't believe they are correct for me. Treadmill calories used are about half what wo manager says I did. I'm not sure I believe them either.

Joan

Good Evening All!

Wow, Joan, 5 miles!!! 135 min--that is 2 hours 15 min?!! A couple of questions about 1 rep max testing: how long did you rest between exercises and did you do 1 body part only at a time, or alternate between body parts?

Jann, I just love CLX!!! I do BI tomorrow. What weights are you using? I use 5 lbs and they get a little heavy! I think using light weights is still considered cardio, right? Today I did PC2 (shoulders & legs) and later Turbo Jam. The push circuits have the upper and lower body seperate, alternating, I really like that better, I think. So far I have liked every workout.

I wonder what cardio suggestions Cathe will have for STS. I am so excited about the new WM, as soon as it is up I will start the 1 rep max. I should have time before Cathe starts the STS rotation. I also got my pace weights (I only got the 9 piece set) so I am ready to go!!! I was about the 24th person to order, but it always takes 3 or 4 days for my DVD's to get here, so I still don't get them any faster!

Have a great night, Tina and Magnolia, too!

Bev

I waited 4-5 minutes between exercises. I just did them in order from the wo cards. If you alternated body parts you would not need to wait as long. I didn't order until Sept-Oct so I don't know when I'll get it.

Joan

Joan, I love gagets too! I have the Bio Trainer which is usesless. I have been looking at the gowear fit system at amazon, they have a good price until 1/31 http://www.amazon.com/GoWear-Lifest...t-System/dp/B001HX36A0/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0
Also http://www.fitbit.com/ has a device coming out soon.
I really want something that will track my sleeping too. I have a lot of problems sleeping, but I have a severe allergy to metals so I don't think I could use the body bugg or the gowear thing.
My heart rate monitor (Polar F11) does a good job at tracking calories, I think, but it is way less than the WM says too.
Bev

Good Afternoon ladies,

I haven't wo yet so will check in later.

No "official weigh in" today. I slept late and scale was up 1 1/2 lbs. :( I know I haven't eaten that badly. I thought maybe no loss. I will check average calories for week and see what happened.

Thanks for the Amazon link it's cheaper than Go Wear Fit.

Joan

Good afternoon, Ladies!

Joan and Bev, I think I'll also check out the gadgets, but I'm more of a sucker for DVDs.

I did Basic Step today and half-way through decided I could probably raise the step from 6 to 8 inches, so I did. I think I will stay with 8 inches for this workout, since I feel I need to push myself a little more. I just haven't gotten up the courage to weigh, but tomorrow morning starts a new day. Maybe it's not quite as bad as I think.

Have a great afternoon!

Magnolia

Back again,

Magnolia good job on step. I keep low on step because of my knees, but know I would get more out of it with higher step.

Calories averaged 1644 per day for the week. The week before they averaged 1505. How could 139 cal per day cause a 1 1/2lb weight gain?
I also felt last week was my best wo week since I started. I'll use tomorrow's weight but don't know what to do except try to go lower. Last week I was hungry all the time.

Joan

Hi All

Magnolia, I'm really a sucker for DVD's! Last week I got a Bun's of Steel and the 2 Results DVD's, the week before Denise's Daily Dozen. Like I really need more workouts! I don't think I could do all the workouts I have if I live to be 150 and continued to use them every day!

Joan, I decided to use my BioTrainer for a while and also track my food. Sunday I ate 1737 cal and I was up 1 lb Monday. It says I should eat 1200-1422 to lose weight. I didn't think that is enough calories for me, but maybe it is. I'm not sure if it will adjust my calories after using it for a while or not.

Jann, did you do BC3 Monday? I accidentally did Burn It Off instead of Burn Intervals, but I didn't have time for Recharge. So Tues I'm doing PC3 and maybe Recharge.

Have a good day everyone!

Bev

HI Ladies –

I thought I had checked in yesterday – :confused:

Bev, Yes I did Burn Circuit 3 yesterday and MAN I am sore! I upped my weights and I am feeling it. My upper body hurts to breath. :cool:
Today I am suppose to do burn it off but, I got the 7th DVD from a gal who received two copies so I am going to do Fat burn challenge.

I have a large DVD collection too. What do you guys have? I have all the Firms, Beach Body – CLX, P90X, slim in 6 and Turbo Jam, all the Fitprimes and KickButt, Karen Voight, Christi, Amy Bento, Squeeze and many more. I just can’t think of them. We could probably start our own rentals.:p

I had my Resting and Active metabolic rates tested. It’s where they hook you up to a machine and you breathe through a tube while resting and on the treadmill. It’s supposed to be very accurate. :rolleyes: My tests score showed RMR was 1297 calories and I burned the most calories at 115 BPM. Both surprising results for me.

Magnolia high five on raising the step up – It really makes a difference doesn’t?

Joan If I go over my calories just for a day the scale shows it! I wish the scale would go down as easy!

Have a good!

Good Morning,

Official weigh-in 167.5 lbs still up 1 1/2 lbs. Waiting a day didn't help.:(
I was busy last week and didn't plan meals in advance. I was really happy calories were not bad after logging them in. Unfortunately, not bad isn't good enough.

I will check in later when I figure out wo.

Joan

Jann, where did you have your resting and active metabolic rate tested? I am really surprised by the 115 bpm burning the most calories, I always think I should average about 125 for cardio (75% of mhr).

Bev

Good evening, Ladies!

Bev, I have just about that many DVDs. I have some great ones, but there are also some I should probably sell on eBay (to make room for some more!)

I did Lower Body Burn again today. Legs didn't shake quite as much as last time, but they did shake a little. I was awfully tired after, and I seem to be having some sinus problems, so I took some Advil and decongestant and a nap late in the day. Going to bed earlier tonight, so hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I have also noticed that when I don't feel too good, I seem to be a little too free with my food choices.

Joan, Jann & Tina, hope you are doing well, too.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Jann, where did you have your resting and active metabolic rate tested? I am really surprised by the 115 bpm burning the most calories, I always think I should average about 125 for cardio (75% of mhr).Bev
I was surprised by the 115 too! :confused: But, that’s where it spiked. She tested me twice.

I had mind done here http://www.fitness-insight.com/metabolism.html

I also had Cathy as my PT for a couple months. Another friend of mind had it done at a different place and really had good luck following her plan. So I gave it try. :)

You can find a new leaf site in your area -
http://www.newleaffitness.com/

Still no wo but was reading the cereal box. Can you tell I'm putting it off.

On two different side panels, raisins and shredded wheat, it showed potassium required as 3500mg not 4700 that is on Cathe's nutrition calculator. I get closer to having that than the larger number. In Self magazine this month it says that increasing potassium and limiting sodium coud quell anxiety by lowering levels of the stress hormone coritsol.

Joan

Joan have you ever emailed the company that supports the nutrition software? It's not part of Cathe's company. I did with a couple of suggestions and never heard a word. :confused:
A lot of gals have stated that potassium was the only one they can't hit. Interesting about anxiety.

Good morning,

Yesterday's wo was 40 min on treadmill. I just couldn't get energized enough to do a weight wo, but wanted to do something. I'm really tired today too. I don't know why because I slept well last night.

Haven't emailed about potassium. I just won't worry about getting A's anymore.

Magnolia- I also read a thread where they ate more when they were cold.
I think that may be true for me too.

Joan

Good Afternoon, Ladies!

Jann, in addition to the Cathe workouts I have, I also own the Fit Primes (some of the originals as well as all the newer ones) & Kick Butts, Jari Love, Michelle Dozois, Leslie Sansone, Tracie Long Training, and almost all the Firms (including the classic ones that Anna is releasing on DVD now), as well as others I'm probably forgetting I have. As for the Firm, I have been watching all these adds about their new "Wave." Maybe those who have a more solid sense of balance will benefit, but I'm afraid I would break my neck on that thing!

Joan, I think in my case, it's a comfort food kind of issue. If I am tired, cold or sleepy, I tend to allow myself to eat instead of taking a nap, putting on another sweater or just resting. Just another area of my life where I need to get a grip.

No workout today. A friend of mine in the music ministry at our church lost her mother and some of us sang at the funeral this morning. Then I had grocery shopping and a whole lot of other stuff to do. So I'll just take this as a rest day and do a total body workout tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening, Everyone!

Magnolia

Hi Everyone!

I am going to have to remove myself from this board. In the very short time I was a member I really learned alot but I can't get to a computer all the time and before you know it, a couple of weeks have passed by. I am sooooo busy with work, working out, little league, dance class that to tell you the truth adding another thing to my already busy schedule is getting crazy. Hopefully after baseball season is over, I can re-join

Thanks to all of you

Tina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.