50 and over week of Feb 21 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Sorry I started in working and forgot what day it was.

I still have a lot of appointments this week but it does look lighter next week. No matter what I have to fit in 30-60 minutes a day of exercise.

Joan

Hi Joan --

I took a complete day of rest today. My body needed it!! :D
Tomorrow it starts all over.

Hi Everyone!

We had Donna's Breast Cancer marathon go right by my house today, so I was inspired to do my measley 4 miles on a beautiful day!!

Cathy, I used to bake bread too! I have a mill but have not used it in a while. Maybe you can share some recipes because my whole wheat bread was never that fluffy- I prefer whole grains too, I was just remembering how we all ate the white stuff growing up:p

oh, i don't bake bread, my dil bakes the bread. i use the flour for everything else. but, i have never been able to do bread. a lady at my church just gave me a fresh baked loaf this morning. YUM! it is so good.

yep jann, it all starts over tomorrow. not sure if i'm ready. :)
am feeling better, but still kinda yucky today. are you doing the STS rotation like cathe wrote it? i don't think i could survive doing all that. it was really hard to get cardio in when i was doing STS. it just wears you out so much.

i don't even know when i'll feel up to doing STS again. i was thinking about using some of the workouts independantly, not in a 3 mo. rotation.
well, ttyl

Cathy I am doing the rotation the way Cathe wrote it. I am subbing some of the cardio for the ones I can't do like 40/40. I've tried all of the Shock cardio workouts I like them for the most part. Some are not doable, some I have to modify and some are just right. :D

A workout buddy of mine loan me INSANITY :eek: I am going to give a workout or two a whirl this week in place of Cathe's cardio. I wanted to give it a try but didn't want to spend the cash and not like them. From the clips I am not sure I'll be able to do many of the workouts -- we shall see!! I am sharing it with my DIL she has it now.

I just realized it's only 4 weeks til SPRING!
2uge4p4.gif
springsmile.gif
treeswing.gif

Hi all -- I jumped on the treadmill and walked to Jon Bon Jovi Circle tour DVD - IF THERE WAS EVER inspiration -- He just gets better with age. He will be 48 in March and looks as good as ever!! I got the DVD/CD set for Christmas and just now got around to watching it. VERY Good! :p

Help me workout!

Help me someone!!! I've been dressed to w/o all day and I can't seem to get going-- too distracted..:confused: And there is only so long you can wear these tights..

Got back from Southern MD around 11:00 am after staying at my sister's to take care of Mom during the weekend. I'm exhausted. The only thing I felt comfortable with was taking care of Mom's teeth (used to work as a dental assistant for 13 yrs when I was in my 20s and early 30s). My youngest sister is a dental hygenist, so Mom is really lucky she has family memebers who can take care of teeth...that's usually the first to go when people can't take care of themselves. It was hard getting Mom ready for bed (she only weighs 70 + lbs, but it felt like dead weight). My lower back is still acting up. I'll be going back this Friday to help again over the weekend plus my Dad likes the company.

After I got home, I unpacked everything and made myself do 4DS - LIS cardio only. I can't do the Hiit 40/20, Hiit 30/30, or Double Wave Pyramid...so I substitute something else in the STS rotation.

Jann - I agree that Jon Bon Jovi just gets better with age. Just love that group.

Well....I think I'm going to take a little nap.

I'm back!

Ok, sometimes you just have to do something ... I did the first 15 minutes of insanity (You have to tell me what you think Jann) then spinning bike to an itread while watching HGTV... then p57 30 minute full body (which isn't really full body but kills the abs and hips and thighs)

I am ready for sts tomorrow- on those days, I don't question the routine..

Linda, it sounds like you had a very stressful weekend, my heart is with you...... I bet you are a welcome sight to both parents.

Jann, thanks for the encouragment..

LOL!! that is hysterical!! shoot, you can wear 'em all day. just put your jeans over them. :)
i always put my w/out clothes on first thing and usually it inspires me, but some days the old body just wont' have it. i thought i was gonna miss it today. i felt horrible when i woke up. ole' "gerdie" hit me before i got up and it has been unpleasant all day. but, i did do bootcamp, maximum calorie burn, (the firm). i made it through better than i thought i would and added 5 min. of squat variations. it is a pretty tough w/out. anyone done it?

tomorrow is supposed to be allie's maximum cardio burn.

jann, i am selling my shock cardio. i feel like i can get the same workout form plyo legs and the others just seem a repeat of her other workouts.

Plyo legs will differently do the trick the Cathy. As well as LIC premix 1 in place of the step workouts. I am one those types of people who like to have the set complete even though I know I'll never be able to do the workout. :eek:
I wish I weren't. :(

Sorry about gerdie -- hope today is better!

Disc 19 done. My triceps are feeling this one!
I am really disappointed in the scale these days. :( I think I need to come up with a better plan than I am doing.

Hi, Y'All!

Sorry to have been absent yesterday, but there just seemed to be one thing right after another I needed to do. I also missed my workout.

Linda, you are going through so much stress right now. Just be kind to your body and rest when you need to.

I think I have a problem here. I tried to do Tracie's Defining Shape today, but could only make it about half way through. I was shaking and unable to keep my balance. I don't feel particularly bad, just can't seem to keep up with the workouts I really want to do. So I have decided to start with the easiest workouts I own and gradually work my way back up. It's disappointing, but I really don't know what else to do. My last physical was good. I am supposed to talk to my doctor today, so I'll find out if there is anything wrong. Maybe I have just been too lazy?

I am keeping the Shock Cardios I bought. I only buy the workouts I think I might be able to do (eventually), so I did not buy all the Shock Cardios. However, I think if I keep these, it will be incentive for me to keep pushing. I'm aiming toward STS and the Shock Cardios I own.

Well, now to drag myself into the shower.

Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

Magnolia I don't know about you guys but, even though I don't have a period anymore I seem to have a cycle. I know I've been strong and full of energy one week and the next I am crawling around hating life. :confused: My moods seem to come in cycle's as well. So Magnolia what I am trying to say here is maybe this is just a couple of days thing and you will be back in no time. {{{Magnolia}}} Don't forget that multivitamin!

I think to reach my goal weight I am going to have to change things up with my current exercise program. AS much AS I LOVE STS meso's, they are not doing anything to help me lose weight. I have not lost any inches either. I have decided that I am finishing out meso 2 (cuz I LOVE it
love.gif
) and then coming up with a AWT rotation with added cardio. I believe that's what I need.
icon_sad.gif
I am sorry Beth and Linda for not completing out the rotation with meso 3. I really have to shed some weight and STS is not working.
So my plan is to put together a rotation with full body weight/cardio workouts and just cardio days in between. :)

Jann, don't apologize! You have to do what works for you. What is AWAT?
I have been doing the sts but I am doing much more as well. I don't even listen anymore, I just do the weights but my print out- that way, I can do them while watching tv or something, then at another time during the day, I do some cardio or pilates or something-- I really like the structure so I am going to keep going..

Magnolia, I have really had days like you are decribing- sometimes for me it is when I have a problem on my mind and it is really that I can't loose myself in the workout-- One thing you know, it gets better.. hang in there!!

Linda- so glad you got some rest!!

I did 19 at the gym with my friend then went to the pool to water run- it is a beautiful day here!!

TTYL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.