50 and over month of January 2012 check in

Jann

Cathlete
Omgosh!! Happy New Year Ladies!! :D

I really do not like new year resolutions, but saying that, for 2012 I am really, really, going to try to get back on track. I really let myself go last year. With the thyroid cancer in Feb. back to back with the colon cancer the year before and little melanoma thrown in the during the summer... :confused: :( well. It was a tough year. Healthy now and time to get strong and more fit.

Started this morning off with some t-tapp. My dh wanted to try it so I jumped in with him. It's really harder than it looks :eek:. Started watching those calories today also. Not counting, just Very Aware! :D

Have a good one!

I agree Jan! 2011 was a wash for me too!! This is the year we TRAIN hard!! We'll all be in bikinis by June!! Or, if not, we'll at least feel good!

I started off the last two days with spinning. What is t-tapp??

My diet is going to be the 17 day diet for.... uh.. 17 days. And then, well see. My friend is starting the primal diet- Im just going to see what it is about.

I'm back. I missed everyone. I am so ready for a new year. Last year was terrible.

I will start something tomorrow. I don't know what exercise but I have to do something. I used to go to Las Vegas and not feel too bad about how I looked because most people looked worse.:p Now with all the night clubs there are tons of skinny little girls. I don't want to be skinny but I do want to look a lot better.

Shingles are gone thank heavens. Part of my face still hurts a little if I touch it so I don't touch it. It's the part that didn't blister.

I need to weigh and measure tomorrow. I don't look forward to it because I know I ate too much on vacation. I actually ate less than in prior years but nothing out there is diet.

Eyes are killing me. I don't know how often I can go to LV. The smoke bothered my eyes more than I thought it would.

Joan

Good morning,

Weigh in yesterday was 175.8lb. Only thing I did was walking Wednesday and Thursday. Haven't been able to get rid of headache.

Starting to clean office and moving weights to family room. I decided to just leave them out. I have to use that dvd player. I think I will try Cathe's January 3 month rotation. I won't plan an off day since I usually take one any way. I can just keep following the exercises in order rather than on a specific day. I hope to start before Monday but definitely by then.

Weight is down today but will use a Monday weigh in from now on. Still need to measure.

Hope everyone is feeling better and ready to get working out.

Joan

I would like to scream. I just found another blister on my lip.

I called doctor's office and told them about blister. They just called back and said it might be nothing. You don't need to blister to have shingles. YES but I do have a blister and now it is starting to hurt. Ok I will tell the doctor. Then she said if I don't get back with you by 5:30 to call my pharmacy. I said yes but my pharmacy is at your office and closes at 4pm. OH. It is now 4:02 and no call.

Joan

Last edited:
The doctor's office called at 5. I just had them send prescription to Walgreens. It was $197.42 for 7 days.

I overate at dinner because we were out getting prescription and just stopped at a restaurant. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Sorry to have been absent for so many days, but we went home to Georgia to see my grandson and other family, and to just be in Marietta & Atlanta for the New Year Celebration and our 26th anniversary. It was great, but I am afraid I celebrated quite a lot. However, we did rest and relax, and I do seem to have finally gotten over my horrible cough.

Wow, Joan. I am so sorry that you are having this trouble. I surely do hope that you will be over this very soon.

I am with you ladies. I think I make resolutions just so that I will have something to break! Anyway, both dh and I have some weight to lose, and I think now is the time to do it. We are not getting any younger, and I am concerned about his health as much as my own. That may just be the motivation I need.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Magnolia

Hi all!

Magnolia -- Missed you! :) Sounds like a plan when you can get DH on board. Mine keeps "saying" he wants to do something, then says, let's go out to eat! :(

Joan {{{{{{Joan}}}}}} I am so sorry you are not over with this. I know you know this, stress brings it on.. Do you drink tea? Yogi has a calming tea, that's what it is called. No caffeine and it's tastes good. I like it.

Beth t-tapp is a set of exercises that doesn't use weights. It is actually very easy to do. AND I have not lost an ounce of weight but have lost an inch off my waist!! :eek::eek::eek: I would not have thought that it would happen. I looked at the tape measure a couple of times. I've only done 4 days of exercise.

So I am going to keep doing t-tapp as a warm up, the basic workout is pretty much just a warm up and start adding cardio.
The basic warm up is on you tube if you guys want to look at it. It's filmed in someones basement, no music, and the sound is crappy. :confused: The dvd's are the same.

Thanks everyone. The face is no worse so medicine is probably working. It did make me dizzy after 6 hours. Of course the fact I was working at 2 in the morning might have been part of the problem. :D I am so far behind. But my office is almost clean.

I bought a new computer and now my computer guy will transfer all info. I will not be able to get online until late Wed or Thur.

I am definitely going to do Cathe's new 3 month rotation. I might not be ready before Monday but I am getting everything together. I already printed the STS worksheets I will need for the first 4 weeks.

Everyone be good and exercise and I will talk to you later.

hey ya'll, how is everyone? i am doing well. i would love to do the 3-month rotation, but i will have to postpone it for awhile. we will begin the big move soon, and i am so not focused enough to do STS. i am doing good to get my workouts in. i love the new LIS & i got tracie's 2 new workouts. i did reboot 3 times this week. :) i love her workouts. well, don't know when i'll be back, but hope everyone is doing well this new year.

Good morning, Y'All!

Cathy, I saw those new workouts by Traci. I'm sure they are great.

Joan, how are you?

As for me, I have not been working out since I had the walking pneumonia. I was trying to balance recovering from that with all the other stuff I had to do during the holidays, but I am good to go now. DH and I started the South Beach Diet yesterday. I think since it has been such a while since my last workout and I have lost some flexibility, I need to concentrate on stretching this week. I am doing Classical Stretch workouts, and next week I thought I would start a rotation I found in the Workout Manager--beginner/intermediate/advanced. It looks about right, and I have plenty of workouts I can substitute as well.

Hi, Jann & Beth.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

LIS Rotation

Hi Ladies,
I am new to your group. I was wondering if any of you have done any of Cathe's LIS rotations. I am 58 yrs young and I am doing the STS 6 month rotation right now. I want to do a LIS rotation when I am done. When I look at those DVD's , I think to myself Can I do that? I am mostly into weights. I am on my 3rd rotation of STS and I love it. I bought the LIS series and I really want to try them. I would appreciate any feedback.

Jean

Hi, Y'All!

Hi, Marazoe, and welcome to our group. I am 62 yrs. young, and I love to do STS and LIS. Before I got sick and had to take so much time off, I was doing LIS with a few modifications. If I am concerned about a particular move, I modify until I feel confident in doing it unmodified. I have received ideas and suggestions in this forum from the other members about modifications. The members here are very supportive and encouraging. A lot of my modification stems from the fact that I suffer from osteoarthritis in both shoulders, so I do have to be careful. Those workouts are a lot of fun, though, and I enjoy them.

Have a great evening!

Magnolia

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, I hope you are much better.

I know I intended to just stretch this week, but I could not take another day of no weights. Not knowing what I could do without really wearing myself out, I decided to go with something easy, so I did The Firm Basics: Sculpting with Weights. It was just right for today. It did have a lot of stretching, so I didn't feel cheated. Anyway, it felt so good to move!

Hi, Jann, Beth and Cathy. Hope you are all well.

Magnolia

Good morning all,

Welcome Jean.

Glad to see you can finally move and get settled Cathy.

I am doing the 3 month STS/LIS rotation. Monday was disc 16. Weights were less than last time because of lost strength. Tuesday LIS total body-lower body. This I had to modify. Wednesday LIS cardio supersets with no slides. They didn't work on carpet in new wo area. This seemed to hit lower body two days in a row. Thursday disc 18 back and biceps.

I reviewed low impact challenge and I am just not into step that much. I will do the bonus section.

Jean I don't know how to use LIS without Cathe's guidance. I do like this rotation. Even with that it does seem to be two days of lower body. Boy did I feel it but I guess that is a good thing.

Even with the extreme modifications I made I did have doms so I guess it worked.

I can't believe how terrible it was to not have a computer. On vacation I didn't mind at all. But at home I went to my desk dozens of times a day. Either to come here or log my food etc. He just set up computer and this was the first place I came.

Remember we all need to be healthy this year. No more problems.:D

Joan

Probably no wo tonight. Elliot is staying overnight and will sleep in wo area. May try other dvd that will work on dvd in office.

Joan

HI all!! I can not believe how fast my weeks seem to go these days!

HI Jean -- welcome. I hope you can stick around.! Jean I am a weights girl too! Yes, you can add LIS into any type of rotation. Cathe just created a STS/LIS rotation. You can take bits or all of it.

Joan Hang in there. Life is always going to be throwing those curve balls(grandchildren in our case:rolleyes:) at us.

Magnolia. How's it going? Its tough starting what it feels like from the beginning. We can do it!! Step by step!

Beth -- How's that little dog of yours? I guess training is over, did he graduate?

Still doing t-tapp with hubby. Jumped on the treadmill a couple of times this week. Other than that, I've been kind of lazy. :)

Hi, Y'All!

It sounds like we are all finally healthy. I hope so. I was so sick that the only real resolution I have made for 2012 is to improve my health! To that end, I put dh and myself back on the South Beach Diet. Plus, my doctor told me my metabolism is slow and put me on those green and white tea capsules. I can't believe that I have already lost 6 lbs.!! I am thinking my scale is very old and maybe not very accurate? Looking into getting scales like the ones Joan described. The numbers are not very large on my scale, and maybe I am not reading the numbers so well early in the morning.

I have not been doing very challenging workouts. My goal for this two weeks has been to just get moving and get back into the habit. I have been relying on a beginner Firm and some light cardio. Planning to add Basic Step and Body Fusion this coming week. I did buy two new workouts from Tracie Long--Re-Boot and Figure 30 Hips.

Magnolia

:D:D Congrats Magnolia 6 pounds!! :D:D That's a great way to kick off January! Oh I saw Tracie's new workouts. You will have to let me know what you think of them. I passed this time around.

Rest day today. Meeting DS at Ihop for breakfast. I miss him.

Just finished bonus section of Low impact challenge. I don't know if I can do any walking-no time. At least I got in 5 days of exercise. Tomorrow is disc 4- chest, shoulder and biceps.

Tons of work. Everyone wants their w-2's as soon as possible. At least I got two sets of payroll taxes done today. Tomorrow I take dm to doctor.

I'm running away Thursday. I'm going to New Orleans. Hope the weather is good there. DH will join me there late Friday and we will be back Sunday.

Magnolia-yea for 6 lbs. It seems I just lose and then gain it back.

Jann enjoy visit with ds. I miss my "baby" boy too. Portland Or is too far away.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.