40s - week of 9/25/11

fitover40

Cathlete
Another week! I did STS legs disc 9, meso 1. My legs were not as sore from the hike this time (my body must be acclimating). I was just overall just tired.

Roxie, WTG on the size 7, wow! I think I may have lost a lb, my jeans are looser and my size 8 shorts fit good now. The bad thing, when I shop for high end athletic wear (north face, columbia, rei) I seem to need a size 12 :(:confused: I hate that!

Jody, you asked what weights I used for legs. For STS meso 1, I normally do 2x 12 for lunges (2x15 if static), 20 lb for leg press, 2x8 for low ends or paper plate work, and 55 lb barbell for squats (I can power up more for squats because it's less cardio factor). Oh and 2x20 for deadlifts (I could do more but my back doesn't like it later).

Ronne, glad you got the leak fixed and it was easy fix! You asked about the pee situation, sigh. Well, this week, she missed the litter box and pads about 2 times (that we know of). It's smelly again, I think it's because the pee pads hold in the smell and doesn't neutralize it. We are really tired of this, but it's so hard for me to make the final decision, I keep praying some major health item crops up so that we can feel confident in our decision. Thanks for asking.

Mary, how was your birthday, what fabulous plans did you have? Did DH spoil you?

I had a nice day with my boys yesterday, just wish I could have enjoyed it a bit more as I was pooped from my hike. On a plus, my oldest DS wants to start exercising (he is overweight and easily gains like my side of the family). I told him next time his fiance is working all day on a weekend that we should go for a hike and take their dog. OY, I see more hiking in my future hopefully, I really do not want winter to come! Today I plan to read in the hammock (I really should be cleaning a bit---Mary, come clean since you like it so much! ) Bye!

Good Afternoon,

Today is a rest stretch day for me. I made apple crisp for dessert later SIL is over DD has to work late so we are going to feed him. The weather has been gorgeous all weekend. We joined the water club our neighbors sewer backed up and it was leaking in to our house the plumber was here until 10:00pm last night sounds like their 2 year old is stuffing stuff down the toilet.

Lisa-glad you ds wants to get in shape. Doesn't if feel great to see all your hard work pay off and I hate the different sizing.

Good morning! I am procrastinating! Just put B&G in the DVD player and I am finding activities to delay! Lisa, how much fun you and your son will have! Does he want to try Cathe? I just ordered PS (finally!). Roxie, sorry about the plumbing issues, I know how frustrating that can be. Ronne, how was your weekend? How did the 1/2 marathon go? Jody, sounds like you got a good deal. Murphy, is that basement back together? Weekend was nice. DH took me out to dinner on Sat., we went to a little restaurant by the lake. It is partially owned by Patricia Heaton, from the Middle. Anyway, very quaint and good! Well, I better go put my shoes on and get busy! Have a good day! Mary

Hi all

Mary - sorry I missed your birthday. So, belated birthday wishes :D. Sounds like you had a nice time with DH. Procrastinate away with B&G - it hardly ever gets to my DVD player. I just have a big problem with that one.
DH's son came 9th overall and did a PB of 1hr 18mins, which is so impressive! We were there cheering him home!

Roxie - Sorry about your leak problems. It's catching, isn't it?! Is an apple crisp like apple crumble. DH made one of those last night and it was delicious. We ate it with extra thick double cream!!

Lisa - that's good news about oldest DS. It'll be nice to go hiking with him. Sorry about Yoshi - think of it like nappies which you have to change more frequently ;)!

I did a KPC/L&G premix on Sat. It was really good, never tried one before. Went to the cinema yesterday to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Think I might have struggled with it if I hadn't read the book! It is really good, though. Today I'm a bit pressed for time so I just did my push-ups and STS Pilates abs.

Hi everyone, today was STS Meso 1 Ch/Bi/Sh, disc 10. My hamstrings have some DOMS from the STS legs yesterday.

Ronne, I've never done that premix before, is it long?

Mary, I'd procrastinate with B&G too, sometimes I do a premix and then realize those have just as much dread factor.

Roxie, hope your basement problems get sorted out soon.

Jody, How's the knee?

Looks like it's going to be a boring day at work today. It's so hard sitting here trying to look busy. It's very draining by the end of the day.

I hope DS really does start working out some and it just doesn't fall by the wayside....

Good Morning,

Been a little busy at work. This morning DD and I went for a walk it was 40 degrees. Tonite is CTX Power Circuit Cardio. This whole week is CTX and these workouts have a dread factor for me the cardio is really confusing I never really get a good workout.

Mary-I'm sorry I forgot to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY I knew what day it was. B&G is not one of my favorites don't like the walking lunges.

Lisa-have you made a descision regarding Yosi?

Ronne-a little workout is better than no workout.

I want to jump in and say I love BG, at least the premix w/ no floor work, but I haven't done it since I have started back with working out this go around. Fire walkers Yay, Low pulse lunges? yay! Walking lunges instead of static lunges? Yay! Lots of plie squats? Yeah baby! what is not to love?

: D

Roxie, just waiting and see how she does and hoping once the windows are closed the smell doesn't drive us out (of course there is changing the pads under the litter box more often that will help--- she misses most of the time because she can't squat very well). DH says she's not eating as much, I don't know if it's true or if it's wishful thinking on our part.

Jody, you are a crazy woman! low pulse lunges are on my dread list, the rest I can take. B&G seems to go on forever, no matter the length, hence Mary's 47 min feeling like 347! My plie squats also just don't look like Cathe's, I can not jump up high enough to click my heels together.

Lisa, long ago, I meant to ask if The Help was good movie? I liked the book. (Ronne's movie going reminded me)
Tx for sharing your wts for legs/sts. I asked b/c I thought I saw someone using really heavy and I'm trying to eval how much equipment I need, if any. I think I will be ok.

Mary, happy late BD from me too! Is Patricia Heaton from Raymond, too?

Yesterday I did a Bodyrock Hiit 20 min workout (on triple layer of mats) plus a lot of 1RM testing, today was LIC incl abs and more 1RM tests. I love love love this as an all cardio step/blast workout on 2 risers so I had to adjust my expectations for doing it as a circuit and with less impact. Plus I was wearing lime green shorts, so my higher power must have wanted me to do that one today, : )

Ronne, i like your pressed for time workout. I'm not doing the challenge, but am working on getting my push ups back as far as style and quantity.

Roxie, I hope you enjoy that cool weather and keep it, too!

Murphy, what's shakin?

Good Evening,

Tonite the cable guy came to fix the internet so I decided to do Turbo Jam 20min Cardio Party and Turbo Jam Ab Jam.

Jody-what is an easy way to learn the cardio in CTX?

Lisa-probably both I know how hard it is for you hang in there.

Jody, the Help movie was ok, the book was definitely better (aren't they always)? I think this is one to wait for the DVD on (but then I'm biased because we have an awesome home theatre system).

Mary, I missed that on FB, I had to go hunt it down. Those pushup things look hard. All that floorwork with hands on floor will be tough for me, I have a hard time putting my hands flat on the floor like that (wrist issues), in fact I do pushups using yoga blocks (using dumbbells isn't cushy enough for me). Also, speaking of books, those bride quartet books by nora roberts are, yawn, boring! Maybe I've outgrown her......

Roxie, yes it is difficult, wouldn't it be nice to know what they are thinking. I think we have enough pee pads for one more month so will see where we are there. Also will see where the food is at, I really should go buy more cat cosequin/glucosamine, but I just don't see her going on much longer and hate to buy a whole bottle just to not use it (that's what happened with the dog...used 3 pills and then ended up putting her to sleep). decisions, decisions.....

Last edited:
Hello everyone

Jody - you're mad! I think you've listed everything I hate about B&G! It does feel like the longest workout ever! :p

Lisa - The premix I did was 51 mins long: KPC warm-up, Punching/Kicking combos 1-3 and the ankle weight work from L&G. On the menu it says it includes abs but it doesn't. Give it a go!

Roxie - I don't think there's any quick way to learn CTX, you just have to throw yourself in there. A lot of the moves appear in other DVDs, if that helps.

Saw the clip! Looks great - have you seen how much they're sweating?! It must be tough. Not sure about those lungey/push-up thingies! Did KCM's Bootcamp 2 (30 mins) as still busy with work.

Good Morning,

We didn't go for a walk this morning DD has the flu. Tonite is CTX 10-10-10 cardio only we will see how it goes. I am going to try and get into the dr. today for dizziness.

I did TF 45 min EZ and the Core 20 min today.

Ronne, that does sound like a good premix.

Roxie, hope the dr finds a reason for the dizziness.

Not much to say here, feel kind of blah, I think it's because I just don't want to come into work (see no reason since there isn't much to do, but gotta come in to get paid, sigh)

I did TF 45 min EZ and the Core 20 min today.

Ronne, that does sound like a good premix.

Roxie, hope the dr finds a reason for the dizziness.

Not much to say here, feel kind of blah, I think it's because I just don't want to come into work (see no reason since there isn't much to do, but gotta come in to get paid, sigh)

Lisa-thats the way I feel would rather be home reading.

Okay, I was standing in my bedroom and realized I have more room in there to exercise than in the family room (b/c of all the kids crap - I mean stuff). So, I have gotten in some yoga, travel fit, ab work/push-ups. I am also getting in some power walks. I feel better doing something but it is not Cathe. Oh, found more stuff in the basement that was wet but we never noticed. yes, it has nice furry mold on it and to make matters worse, they are important papers that need to be shredded. I have them sitting out to dry and mold some more and etc. We also noticed that the unit that held my dvd's had more and more mold growing on it. I threw out two pairs of work out gloves, I just could not tell and it was not worth it, they are cheap enough to replace. On the plus side, the mold on the basment wall seems to be gone, that was a pain. Now of course I have to box up my DH's piles of papers that are on the desk where the computer and stuff go for me to exercise. One that is done, we will move the computer back to the basement and I can start doing some Cathe dvd's again. I told my DH that it the basememt better be finished by the time the new dvd's ship - or else.

Oh, because I am not using the computer to play the dvd's anymore, I cannot post as often as I would like. :-( I will join in when I can.

How many of you saw the clip? I am a little (okay a lot) nervous but very excited. I know I will be sore b/c I have not done much of anything (real) for some time now. I am getting more active, but I am doing the things I normally do when I don't want to do anything. Funny to think that I miss getting my butt kicked my Cathe!

Mary - happy (very) late birthday wishes to you and btw, B&G's is one of my favorites.

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.