40s - week of 1/22/12

fitover40

Cathlete
A new week! I'm trying to get it started off good, I did RS, that's a good Steady state w/o it was even harder because I still have calf doms. I then was going to walk on the TM, but only got to .5 miles and felt like I had a pinched nerve and got twinges in my lower back. Oh well. I did walk the grand-dog yesterday for about 1.5 miles to test out how she walks. Of course she knew how! lol Looking forward to doing some walks and hikes with her and best part is, I give her back to my DS and DIL when I'm done! lol

Roxie, hope everything works out for you with your job. The lbs and sleep will hopefully come for us this week :)

Ronne, how was DD's trip?

Mary, Are you taking it easy?

Jody, are you going to start the week off with a good w/o too? For some reason everytime I use that ENDO app, something happens (my bad karma), somehow I must have hit pause right at the beginning of my walk yesterday with the dog. Guess I'll have to double check it next time. I did try to use it on my walks around work, but no gps signal :(

Murphy, is it STS time for you yet?

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Good Afternoon,

I will do Yoga Relax and then maybe go for a walk outside the temps not bad but the wind chill is. Then I might to KCM Start Here.

Lisa-I am hoping this is a good week and if they fire me I can draw unemployment until I find something else not much I can do but go with the flow.

Good Afternoon,

I did Yoga Relax and then DD and I went for a walk it was 57 degrees but now the clouds are moving in its suppose to snow later.

Hi girls! Rest day, watching football. Since we are talking about karma, fridge died yesterday, didn't catch it in time, had to throw away a lot of food. Then was walking by DS, he was goofing around, got hit in the chest, (yes, the side they did they surgery) it hurts and is a little swollen. Mi have follow up appointment tomorrow. Our karma has to change, right? Roxie, 50 here too! This weather is goofy! Lisa, you two better start spending that money quickly! Hope that you back feels better. Ronne, is DD glad to be home? Murphy, you still out there? Jody, did you double dance this weekend? Well, have to get dinner going, pulled pork. Have a good evening! Mart

Hi all

Lisa - sounds like the best kind of dog to me - one you don't have to look after!!

Roxie - keeping my fingers crossed that everything is OK for you this week.

Mary - ouch!! Good luck with the appointment.

All back to normal again here. DD had a fantastic time. She wants to go back. It's great to have her home again. Got a short workout in on Sat - did Afterburn premix express 1-10. Rest day yesterday and today High Reps again, legs first premix.
Work a bit frustrating - getting too much information from too many different people!!!

Good Morning,

I got up and did KCMs Bootcamp #1 now I am hoping the rest of my week goes ok. DH told me to just hang on until we know what is going to happen.

Ronne-thanks for the good wishes glad DD had a good time.

Lisa-this is the week to kick Karmas ass.

Morning! Did a little TM, a little bike and the barre from LBB. Just mixed it up a bit. Roxie, thinking of you, hope all goes well. Ronne, next time DD goes to France, can I be a chaperone? Lisa, how is work? Are you looking occupied? Jody, Murphy, you out there? Well, have to run into work, dr's and a meeting at the school for the twins for advanced placement classes! I can't believe my babies will be going to high school next year! Have a good day! Mary

Happy monday! I slept well for the last 3 days...hmmm, do you think work has something to do with how well I sleep...will have to try to take notice. It's not that I'm stressed with work or anything I just feel so BLAH about it and I hate feeling BLAH. Anyway, I didn't have much time (but I was determined to w/o) so did the 1st wave of DWP and Intensity Bootcamp, a total of 30 min. I was then ubber late for work but did it really matter? naw.

Roxie, I figure things happen how they are meant to be, we can only influence them so much. So whatever the outcome it will all work out alright.

Ronne, I hate it when you get conflicting info. Sounds like DD had a blast! I'm thinking being a grand will be a good thing and for now I'm happy to be a grand to a dog!

Mary, OUCH! I bet that hurt! Wow high school! Now the fun will really start! lol I'm trying my best to look occupied! :) If this keeps up too long I might not know how to work when something really needs to be done, either that or I won't want to!

hellos to murhpy and jody, come join us!

Hi all. Sorry to have missed you all last week but I was sick and some other things came up that made it a difficult week. I was absolutely lazy this morning and did nothing so there is no exercise report for the day. I did write out my combo STS/LIS work out regimen that I hope to start tomorrow. I was thinking that maybe I can squeeze something in tonight, we shall see.

Hi to everyone and hope to write back to you sson.

Murphy

Lisa, I like tracking in km now b/c they are smaller increments, I get audio feedback more frequently. So if I am half walking/half running it helps me pace myself. I changed a setting on my Endo, I unchecked Auto Pause, after that it seemed to work well. It keeps tracking until I tell it I am done. Maybe that would work for you, too.

I did 1.5 dance, I was in a crabby mood and left early on Sun. Then went to a pajama dinner football party Sun eve. Did you know that there is such a thing as chocolate wine? Don't drink it if you have to drive or get up early. Just sayin'....

Today is PUB. IDK if I am going to be able to rally the troops.

Hope Mary gets good check up and Roxie's job is chugging along. Lisa, if they don't give you work, you get into too much trouble...next thing you know you will be making prank calls for grins. Ronne I'm happy for DD trip turning out well-win! Murphy, do you ever use the workout manager to keep track of workouts? I like it pretty well, they've added chapters and premixes .

Update, completed my workout--turned out that TBT Lower body was on the schedule. I likey-d it pretty good. Gonna walk to dance studio, maybe drop in on class.
Update the update: dance class completed after workout and walk, so I redeem myself for skipping out on Sun. Do you think that TBT LB counts as a low level cardio?

Last edited:
No w/o. Didn't sleep well and once I got back to sleep then I slept in too late. I'm sensing a theme here :) I'm going to be ubber late for work again, but I HAD to have 3 cups of coffee! :) I'll be back later with personals.

Hi everyone

CSS for me today. I really like this one - tough but doable, they're always my favourites.
Work doing my head in today. Waaahh!

Murphy - sorry to hear you had a bad week. Come play with us even if you're not working out!!

Jody - actually I huff and puff through Trisets LB so I think there is a bit of cardio going on in there. Doesn't Cathe say something about that?

Mary - no, you cannot! I'm first in the queue for that!!! :p

Lisa - hope your day gets better!!

Hey! So I was almost ready to head out the door and what do ya know? It was snowing like crazy, so decided to work from home. We aren't supposed to get much accumulation but just the visibility and thin sheet of ice was enough to convince me. HA, I know, I didn't need much convincing! And today was an awesome hair day. I feel like I wasted an awesome hair day but no one at work notices anyway! :)

Jody, every LB workout feels like cardio to me :confused:

Ronne, hope your work gets better. I think I'll use this time today to clean out my sewing room in preparation for company come May for the wedding.

Murphy, if you come here when you don't w/o you may just decide that you should w/o? I'm feeling bad about not getting in w/o today, but sleep was so much more important.

Roxie, any news on the job or karma front? I think I may have lost a lb. I say think because I really am trying not to look at the scale and just try to eat well and less and workout---I feel I'm doing so well in the workout area.

Mary, how did the meeting at the school go?

Good Afternoon,

I have been a little busy here at work so haven't had time to check in. I didn't workout this morning woke up at 1 am stomach was hurting and I was uncomfortable the rest of the night. Tonite will be KCM KBX #2 and abs haven't done this one before.

Lisa-no news on the job front they are still trying to figure out what to do DH said to stick it out so I am going to just go with the flow. I lost the 2lbs I gained last week.

Hi girls! Did Trisets LB today. She does say it has a cardio factor, so there is the reason for the huffing and puffing! Ronne, maybe we can co-chaperone? I meant to ask you, are going to any Olympic events this summer? Roxie, maybe your bosses are just thinking out loud? Hope you feel better. Lisa, how nice to work from home! Meeting was very dry and hard to hear, thought I was in the Peanuts, they talked like the teacher from the show, "wha wha". I would love a good hair day! I get to have my roots done on Thurs! Murphy, sorry to hear you were sick, we missed you. Jody, how is school going? Give any speeches yet? Dr said the swelling is normal, the body is trying to fill up the space. That one side is noticeibly bigger than the other, really weird! Anyway, she said it will all get absorbed, that would have been good information to know before hand! Well, I have a lot of 4th grade homework to get to! Have a good night, Mary

No speeches til about 2 weeks. 3 -5 min intro yourself...focus on some aspect of your life, an interest or something...suggestions?

Lisa, as far as I am concerned, you are always welcome to post good hair day pics here. : ) Hate for them to go to waste.

PUB for me today and prob a walk jog ...hopefully both will manifest...

Jody, ask and you shall receive :) DH about died when I told him you asked for pics. He is so not getting this hair fascination lol The ones of me leaning to the side is trying to show off my spiral curls I'm getting, never knew I had those in me! Are they awesome or am I just dreaming they are?

Mary, I feel like people sound like that at work!

Roxie, I agree with your DH, hang in there

I'm glad to see you all are working out for me, I did get lots of old papers cleaned out from the sewing room/old office. Papers back to 2002 and even some back to 1999...naw, I'm not that old!

Attachments

• P1240024_2.jpg
    P1240024_2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 3
  • P1240021.jpg
    P1240021.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 3
  • P1240010.jpg
    P1240010.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3
  • P1240002.jpg
    P1240002.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3
Lisa, did you get paid for cleaning out you work space? No, you are not dreaming, you are getting spirals! Wait till it gets a bit longer! My DH makes fun of me coming here, I tell him about all of you, now he asks how you all are doing!

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM KBX #1 tried #2 but since I have never done it before I just couldn't do it so I switched to one I know and the I walked on the TM for 40mins and did Shape Abs.

Jody-I have the same suggestions as Mary. Too funny about DH tell him Hi for me.

Lisa-hair looks great.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.