40 & over checkin - week of 8/10

Everyone ready for Gym Style Legs today??? I am still sore from Pyramid Lower Body!!! Gotta go to work today so need to get going on stuff. Good luck everyone!!!! Teresa

Teresa,

I am still sore from PLB too! I couldn't believe it and thought maybe it was the kettlebells that I did later that same afternoon that did it to me. So, since I was sore, I decided to flip the next 2 days. Plus, my DS had a sleepover right where I workout with weights so it worked out better for that too since the treadmill is in another room. So, I did iTread set 9-60 min and then I walked the dog and mowed the lawn. I'm tuckered out!
That means GS Legs is on tap for me tomorrow. Oh, and I did CM seg 1 yesterday.

Hey Ladies,

Oh...boy have I've been bad lately with my eating....Goal for the week....NO SWEETS!!! Clean EATING!!!! and get back on track with exercising. Had a bad case of poison ivy which is finally gone and did not work out while I had it (ten days) lol... I was afraid that sweating would spread it even more.

No more excuses....tonight 3 mile run and PUB.

Therese :eek:)

Hello Ladies!

Well I'm on week 2 of Cathe's August rotation and did GS Legs and seg 2 of Coremax today.

Tomorrow I'll be doing a 60min iTread - I haven't had Grace whoop in my ear in awhile lol

Soaking in a hot bathtub with plenty of Epsom salts along with some motrin really helps me get over serious DOMs that and some extra stretching.

I felt a slight bit of DOMs esp in my inner thighs but nothing that made me notice much....now ask me tomorow if I can sit on the toilet without DOMS :eek:

See ya Laters

picture.php

Hi Ladies,

I am back from vacation and ready to go back to the healthy life. I had really intended to eat well and workout while I was gone but we stayed with family and were not given the healthiest food choices. I did the best I could but need to really get back to my plan this week.

Terese - I am back to no sugar no white flour and clean eating also this week! Let's do it!

Lisa, Teresa and Vilma - Hope your DOMS goes away and congrats for getting it in the first place...you are working hard ladies!

I am off to a bit of a slow start but I did get a 70 min walk in tonight which is better than nothing. Back to Cathe tomorrow! You all inspire me and I know that I will get back to that advanced level that I was once at with some patience and hard work.

Have a great night!

Anyone have any ideas on what to sub for todays cardio 30 min brisk walk followed by 30 min interval run. Oh I have extra DOMS from GS Legs and to top it off my abs are killing me from seg 2 of core max!!! It even hurts to laugh!! Teresa

I threw myself into GS legs today and took a very fast walk with the dog. I'm in a tiff about some health savings account $ that we can not get reimbursed and they want to keep the money for themselves (I kid you not). Then on top of it all, info is changed in my workout manager and my nutrition plan. This is giving me a headache and I am about ready to crawl back into bed.

Hi Gals

Today has been a surreal day 1st starting with adding my DD to our auto insur. policy Oh.My.Gawd!

No Doms today but I did do my cardio in the form of iTread outdoors set 6 - I really needed that run if anything to just forget the sticker shock of how much our policy went up.

DD is so going to take her road test tomorow! Heck after how much its increased by dear lordy I'm dragging her out early am just to get it over with

Ack!

I need to get of this pc as I have tons to do

Later Ladies :)

picture.php

Vilma,

I hear ya about car ins! When we added our son last year as a secondary driver on the car that I'm the primary for, ie. not even his own car, I was amazed at the cost....from what I remember in the 3 yrs since we did it the same way for our 1st son it was easily $300 more than I paid for for the first one. I was amazed at the cost increase in 3 yrs for basically the same thing.

When we changed our 1st son to primary on his own car.....OMG the cost increase was even more astounding (easily double) and that was without collision, just liability since the car isn't worth much.

Good luck to your DD. And the worrying is just starting now! :eek:

Hi girls,

I've had a busy weekend and haven't taken the time to post. I hope to get back to normal tomorrow. :)

I started with my 1RMs yesterday. I'm not real sure how I'm supposed to do this so I'm just taking 1 disc at a time and working through. It might not be perfect but it will be okay for now. ;) I did Disc 1 yesterday with my P/U challenge. W2D1- 12/12/9/7/13 with 60 sec rests. Today I did disc 3 and it took me 50 minutes so I didn't do anything else. Hopefully I can get some cardio in tomorrow.

I've been tempted all weekend with birthday cake and other goodies but haven't given in. I have had to eat out a lot though so that wasn't good but what's a girl to do?

Sorry it's all about me today. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Hi all! Seems kinda quiet around here. We are back from vacation, it was very nice with great weather, very relaxing! Today I did Legs and Glutes. Wow, what a workout! I thought it was much more challenging than GSL or B&G. Or maybe I am having an off day. I could go take a nap, I don't think that is in the cards tho!! Hope all is well with everyone. Talk to you later. Mary

Howdy everyone. I did GS BSB and CCv1 today. I have to get going here soon. I have an interview tomorrow for a reception job at a chiro office....only 4 hrs a week, I thought it may be nice getting out once in a while. Plus, in planning for the future, I just may need that type of experience (instead of the programming I have) at the top of my resume. Anyway, I went to my closet to find something to wear (it's been a yr since I've been in dress up clothes) and NOTHING FITS. They are way too big....I knew I lost weight, but some of these clothes I really thought I wore when I was close to the same weight I am now (may 10 lbs heavier). I'm thinking it's because I may weigh close to the same but have more muscle. Anyway, I have to go find something to wear!

Welcome back Mary, hope your vacay was a good one. It sure has been quiet around here. Legs and Glutes to me is tough in a different way than GSL or B&G.

Rhondalyn, It's ok, it can be all about you! :D I took my few lines of ME today. I can't get into doing the 1RM....I think I'm waiting to see what all Cathe provides us (they say there are going to be video clips or something). I know I could do some of them, but I'm procrastinating. Then when STS comes I'll regret it because I'll feel like I'm behind everyone.

That's it girls.....wish me luck tomorrow at my interview and wish me more luck finding something to wear!

I'm back. :D No w/o today. I woke up with a headache and I can't seem to shake it. I'm just not feeling good today so I'm going to rest. I don't usually like to take rest days during the week but I think I should today.

I want you guys to know that my butt is killing me today just from doing the 1RM tests for disc 3. :eek: I think doing the real thing is going to be very painful.

Lisa, I would love to have your problem. ;) Good luck with your interview.

Glad to see you back Mary.

Lisa, now you have the best excuse in the world to go shopping! The sales are great right now! Good luck on the interview. Rhondalyn, I hope that you feel better. Mary

Good morning ladies,

I did iClimb and Cycle this morning (not sure what the actual # was). I didn't do the cycle part though, I used my rower. I need to use this more as it's a great way to get in a total body cardio w/o. I also did W2D2 of my P/U challenge. 16/13/11/11/23 with 90 sec rests. :)

How did the interview go Lisa?

Thank you Mary, I feel much better today.

Where is everyone?
f2935e5f42c5792950ff14fe6c433394cc3b88f.gif

Howdy everyone (Mary, Rhondalyn, anyone else?)

Very cute smiley Rhondalyn....I don't know where everyone is?

I've had a busy day today. Had my interview. I think it went well, the only less than stellar thing is that I have virtually no chiropractic experience (even as a patient). They say they have other people to talk to and will let me know Monday. I can't imagine they've had much interest in only a 4 hr a wk job. You know, it is what it is. They seemed very nice and it would be interesting, but I'm not dying for it either.

I did find some clothes yesterday. I got 3 pair of pants and 2 shirts for $85. Pretty good I think.

I started to do MIC today, and after the first 2 min I just couldn't continue with it. I just am not into that workout, so I did BM2 cardio blast premix. I really like BM2. The music is so fun and lively.

Here's a pic of me in one of my new shirts.
2762906939_dfd1c53b39_m.jpg

Here's a pic of one of the shirts:

Attachments

• 329388_Black_Gray.jpg
    329388_Black_Gray.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 2
Rhonadlyn,

I forgot to add, the fact that you are sore after your 1RM tests scares me! I need to get started on that soon!

Hellooooooooooooooo everyone....don't have much to say. Just a quick checkin with my workouts. GS CT and CCv2.....it's cold (65) and rainy here today, so poor doogie gets no walk. I can't believe after the long hot, dry summer we've had that on August 15th I need to put some pants and long sleeves on! Now if I can just find some that will fit me. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.