~~>E-:STS 6 month Alumni April 18:-D<~~~

Dagnabit that was supposed to be in color and big...wooopsy!
It does not have quite the oomph with out it! lol

I hope yall are all having a great weekend. I got so much accomplished yesterday. I had the house clean before 10 am, went to the grocery store, got almost all the laundry done, the bed changed, rotation made and soup for the week planned. On top of that dh and I had time to watch 2 movies. I have no idea how. When I left out to go to the grocery store yesterday, our mailbox was on the ground behind the post. I think some of the neighbors guest might have accidentally hit it while backing out and knocked it off. So dh had to fix that and do some caulking to the outside of the mr but other than that we took the weekend off from working on the house. I did not know how badly we needed that. It has been such a relaxing weekend already not stressing about anything and we still have all of today. It is going to rain today so I will have to find something to keep me busy in here. I might try some stain combos but am not sure if that will happen yet. I will see how the day progresses.

I am making a kale and white bean soup that I found the recipe for on Allrecipes.com. I could not remember your famous kale soup recipe, Jo so I had to google one real quick.;)

Jo-I am a backstroke or drown person too. I really wish there was a place to take lessons around here. I would love to be a great swimmer like Kim. I always say, I probably could backstroke to China if I had to but I would sure love to see where I was going. There is nothing more embarrassing than back stroking into someone...lol
I can not wait to here about the personal trainer! Did you say when you were going and I missed it?

Cendrine-You sound so much like your old self! I think you are getting back into your nitch! Maybe when you get back we can all do a rotation together! That would be so much fun!
The gym did go out of business but I think it took it a while. It is weird, there have been a number of gym fiascoes around here. The first one we joined, that dh got a pass to, had the roof collapse on it while we were a member last time and they continued to charge everyone while it was shut down. They let you pick out of 2 other gyms in town to go to but both of those gyms were way cheaper. SO we ended up joining one of those. Then after they got the roof fixed (which took months), about a yr later it happened again. It was due to shotty work.

Kim-I had no idea you used to be a swimming instructor. How do I miss these things? I wish Jo and I could take private lessons from you! It is kind of embarrassing being an adult that can not swim! I can swim ok under water and backstroke.
I bet you would love to get moved in to your new house before the real winter weather sets in. I am sure the builders would like to be done with the house before that happens too. Do they build in the winter up there?
I did intervals 1 thru 5 on low max yesterday. I thought I better save up my energy to start my rotation next week.
I am sorry I left you hanging on the March rotation...I really wanted to do it with you but I did not foresee our work schedule changing!

Better be off to finish up the laundry and start my soup.
TTYL

Rachel

Morning Sunshines!!! That's right...the sun is shining here!

Disc 34 DONE! Woohoo and it was a great workout!

I need to hurry as we're going to make a Costco run...but I got all the STS Shock workouts downloaded so will test those out later.

Okay, I'll BBL and then I can write more!

Rachel, again another creative subject line! You are so talented! LOL!

Okay TTY in a little bit!

Hi All!

Rachel, you sound super efficient! I love those days when the house is clean and we are ready to go do whatever before most people crawl out of bed! I have to give the house a good clean for this coming weekend, which is the baby shower for my friend. Only two people have called back since I followed up everyone on the list!!!!:( So I'm really not sure how many to prepare food for. Dh said just because they don't rsvp doesn't mean I can assume they don't come... So I'm planning on making stuff that I won't mind having lots of in case not many show....LOL

Today was a relaxing morning, rest day so I enjoyed just vegging. This afternoon I'm taking dd to a little girls birthday party. She is so excited because usually it's her brother who gets invited and she stays home. Should be fun!

Next weeks workouts look fun, I'll start off with Step Moves, I haven't done that one yet so it will be fun! On wednesday the rotation says Low Impact Step. I am assuming what she meant by that is the cardio premix from LIC? Would you think that too? Or am I missing a workout with that title?

Kim, I sure hope you get to move in on or before schedule, it would be such a drag to have to figure out what to do until the move in day! And yes, moving in winter is not something I would want either, and for you that is even more important, since you guys get such deep temps! And snow!

Jo, what are you doing this weekend? I'm going to try to do your bean chips sometime soon! And I still haven't tried the onion bread either.... But first, my double batch of granola is gone again, so it is ready to dry now.

Cendrine, Is the cardio from 4DS called LIS? I can't remember and my friend hasn't been by yet with my 4DS so I can not look but you might want to check and see. Although LIC would probably be just as good but I know you said you like the the cardio from 4DS so any opportunity to do it would probably be a bonus!

So far I have made my kale soup and a batch of chocolate chip cookies for a bribe at the site tomorrow and am about to try a new pasta recipe. Some days the rainy days are nice. You get to just piddle around the house. I love it that I am getting to do some cooking. It is really relaxing.

I will let you know about the pasta. I saw a recipe for cottage cheese pasta or something like that and so I am going to tweak it a little. You know I have to add spinach to get some greens. It also had walnuts and sundried tomatoes...I could not find the tomatoes at the grocery store I went to yesterday so I am going to have to leave them out but I bet that would have made a great addition to the sauce!

Cendrine-I hate when I am unsure about something like that! I know that people are busy but how long does it take to say yes or no!!! But at least you have your family to gobble up all the goodies if there are any leftovers!

Jo-You are just about done!!!!I know you said you are going to your moms for a visit but what are you going to do as far as a rotation after you finish STS? Are you going to gym it up even more?:p

Hiyo Kim!!!

I am off to do some more cooking

TTYL
Rachel

Yep that's really me guys. I thought I would change my pic since I feel like I have so much time on my hands this weekend!
The pasta was great.
All I did was mix about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of ricotta, about 2 oz. of goat cheese, spinach and about 2 oz. walnuts and balsamic vinegar in a blender. Then in a skillet I sauteed mushrooms and garlic. I added the blended ings. Then added some left over rotisserie chicken and some prosciutto and then the pasta. It was yummy. I froze the leftovers for dinner in the future. I am feeling pretty good about pasta sauce on the fly here lately!

Hope all is going great with everyone today.

TTYL
Rachel

Ok I guess I can not get it to work. I think it might be my new profile pic but I can not get it over here for some reason! ughhh I am so computer ill.

Rachel

Okay Rachel...what's going on? What am I not seeing that I should be seeing? :p

Well Rachel, you and I would probably do great swimming together!!! We could just grab a couple of inner tubes! LOL! Holy Moly you have been a super productive girl this weekend besides getting in a little R&R!

Cendrine, I CANNOT believe you haven't had more RSVP's! I'm sorry but I think that is rude! Hope you and dd had fun at the party! I agree with Rachel that FF was referring to LIS from 4DS.

Oh...my mom is calling, I'll be back...

Okay, so in answer to your question Cendrine...I've been doing mostly computer work this weekend. I had bought a new laptop back at Xmas and never finished transferring pictures, music, programs, etc. over to my new laptop. So I spent most of yesterday doing that and of course had problems with a drive so that took me 3 hours to fix. Then I downloaded all of the Shock Cardio workouts. And I just got them loaded up into iTunes (they play beautifully on my computer!!!). So, when I get finished with this post I'm going to transfer one down to my iPod to test it out.

Today was beautiful here (75 degrees). We went to Costco and then I went to the mall to pick up my pants at lululemon that were being hemmed. Oh, Kim, I tried to find the pants online to show you what I bought but they don't have them there so I guess they were a seasonal track pant which is why they were on sale. They were a heavier material very snug in the butt with bigger legs at the bottom vs some of the cuffed track pants they have. I would definitely NOT spin in these as they are too heavy but would be nice for walking outside, yoga & pilates as well as just kicking around. I also bought a pair of the dance pants. Here's the link: http://shop.lululemon.com/store/productdetails.aspx?productid=1272&colorid=550&sli=1

They have drawstring in the hem so you can make them capri's if you want. I will actually pull the drawstring when wearing them long as they are too long for me. They are super comfortable and I can see me wearing these the most. You can wear these alone or over shorts, leggings or whatever. Check out the back...I think they will make anybodies butt look CUTE!!!

Rachel, I'm very excited about finishing Meso 3 this week. Regarding what I do next, I'm actually thinking about doing a rotation I made for myself a long time ago to address my pear body! If I can find it I'll share with you all (is anyone else a pear?) I can already tell all the spinning is helping my thighs which is what happened when I used to run. I just noticed the other day and thought: "oh yeah, this is why I like spinning and running!" My pants are magically looser in the thigh area! :D Actually it's probably the combo of the HIIT, Plyo Legs and the Spinning! So yes, I might do a little more at the gym...but it sure is nice having the option to be at the gym or at home! I'm a girl that wants my cake and eat it too! Besides I have to prove to DH that I need all my equipment/DVD's at home as well as the gym membership - right? :D;):p

Okay, I'm going to go test out my iPod with Cathe and I'll be back!

Last edited:
Sigh....of course you know there is a problem ONLY with the Shock Cardio downloads and the iPod I have. Apparently it has to do with the new version of iTunes. SNM is working on it.... Anyway, not a problem for me as I'm not ready to jump out and use STS Shock Cardio on my iPod. ;) But, I feel sorry for SNM as the more they are cutting edge, the more issues they run into! :confused: I'm 1/2 way considering buying STS since it's $199 this month and with the 20%coupon makes it $169. BUT, would I really use it on my iPod? Probably not. But if I'm going to buy any downloads it will probably be strength workouts and not cardio other than Shock Cardio. Now, for future it may be cost effective since you can buy the download and the connect it to your TV. I'll try that as soon as I can get it on my iPod. Oh but, I would use workouts like KPC to travel with if I can plug them into the TV. Yikes...I better think about this...stay tuned...

Yep that's really me guys. I thought I would change my pic since I feel like I have so much time on my hands this weekend!
The pasta was great.
All I did was mix about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of ricotta, about 2 oz. of goat cheese, spinach and about 2 oz. walnuts and balsamic vinegar in a blender. Then in a skillet I sauteed mushrooms and garlic. I added the blended ings. Then added some left over rotisserie chicken and some prosciutto and then the pasta. It was yummy. I froze the leftovers for dinner in the future. I am feeling pretty good about pasta sauce on the fly here lately!

Hope all is going great with everyone today.

TTYL
Rachel

Rachel I wanted to comment I thought this pasta sounds scrumptous! It made my mouth water reading about it!!! Now WHERE's that picture?

Cendrine, you're going to love Step Moves!!!!!

Off to bed!

OK just a quick in out for me...I tried to change my avatar but it did not work but I think if you click on my pic and it goes to my profile the picture is there as my avatar...I have no idea how to fix that so I gave up...lol

The pasta was great Jo! I love what I am now calling my green pasta since I have made three different versions of it now. I am not a recipe do over person so that is a big deal for me!

I better go before all the liquid is cooked out of my oatmeal!:eek:
I will try to BBL

Rachel

Good Morning! Athletic Step Done!! I really enjoyed this workout today! I find I'm really anxious to complete this rotation now that I'm in the home stretch! Four more to go! Yippeee!!!

Not much to report yet since I rambled on to you all last night! Looks like another nice day here.

Oh, and Rachel, I meet with the Personal Trainer today! So I'll report back tonight!

Off to the shower!

Rachel, you look amazing on that picture! congratulations on all that hard work showing so beautifully! You must have very low body fat percentage because the muscles show so well! Way to go, girl!
I agree with Jo, your pasta sounds delish! I'm gonna have to keep that one in mind! It made me giggle to see the posts with supposed new pics and your old one still there, and then Jo's comment, it just made me giggle!

Jo, let us know what you decide on the downloads. Right now I really don't think I have any use for them, I guess I like my dvds in my hand...LOL old fashioned that way, but maybe I'll regret it when I get a bit more with the techno world (I seem to limp behind a few years with everything...) I think I didn't write my first text until last year...LOL!
Oh, I love those dance pants! Maybe I will get me those! Kim, I am tempted to buy myself something just because I feel I'm doing better even though I know I haven't made it to the 10lb mark either....;) I feel like I am doing so great on this FF rotation, that maybe I'll reward myself, or rather celebrate at the end with a splurge. Speaking of which, I LOVED Step Moves, I had so much fun with it today. I didn't have time to preview it so I really had to stay on my toes for it and it was super fun! I was kind of bummed out when it was over, next time when I have more time, I think I will repeat the challenge.
I went and looked at the 4DS titles, LIS is lower intensity step not low impact step, so my guess is that it's the LIC premix, in either case they are close to the same amount of time, but since I just did LIS for the circuit workout last week, I'll opt for LIC premix this time. Power hour is tomorrw. I only did that one once and it was good, so I'm looking forward to it.

DD's party was 'interesting'. She had a lot of fun, but from a grown up's perspective, I tell you, I would never go there and pay 300.- for a party like this. they were so inefficient, it wasn't even funny, and lots of other stuff I would have expected for the price.... I think they got ripped off but the kids had fun anyway, so I guess it's ok. Party favor was a bouquet of flower lollipops, very cute, but all sugar and food color! But I'm going to try to use it to keep dd interested in potty training.... She has been going back and forth, I know she is capable because she has proved it but now I think she just doesn't care....:( I try to stay positive and patient, but it's hard.

Well, gotta grab some down time while I can!

Hi! Just another quick pop-in! Cendrine, yeah, you're right about LIS (lower intensity) - boy, it's tough keeping these all straight! I KNEW you'd love Step Moves! Isn't that just so much fun? Another thing about those dance pants, they are super light weight like ripstop so are not intended for warmth. I think they'd be perfect for a SoCal gal like you! :D And I think they'd look darling on you! I'm so happy that rotation is working for you! You got your spark back too! Power Hour is like BodyPump we've done at the gym. It's so much fun!

BBL! Hello Kim!

I went to the gym and my appt with the PT is TOMORROW! Oh my gosh I'm so embarrassed! :eek: I don't make mistakes like that! So I came home as I have a bunch of stuff I need to do tonight. They have the new Shock Cardio files up with the fix so I'm downloading right now to see if I can sync to my iPod.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Hiya Yall!

I did my first day of my rotation today. It was Hiit pyramid. I really did great but I have noticed that the air jacks get me kid of queazy. I thought it was something else last time but did notice it was after the air jacks and so I payed close attention this time and sure enough after those I am a little woozy...It is the darndest thing. But I think if I pay attention and focus after I am done it is not as bad. Maybe I shouldn't walk in a circle to cool down...lol:p What do yall think? haha

Jo-I am certainly no pear shape...I think if I didn't work my butt out it would be as flat as my boobs! lol And still it is not the shape I feel like I work for! So I don't know what I m considered...maybe a board shape! haha
Sorry about the PT thing! But it was an honest mistake. I am looking so forward to hearing about it. The first time we went to one they put us on this machine that told all sorts of stats on us. I hope you get something like that!

Cendrine-Thanks for the compliments. Sometimes I look at pics of myself and find it hard to believe that they are me. I was completely the antithesis of anything athletic growing up and half of my 20's so I think I have come a long way.
I laughed at myself too so I am glad you got a laugh out of it too! I am so bad with this computer stuff. I tried to make that darn pic smaller and then I could not find where I sent it to. SO I don't know what I am doing half the time.
I know what you mean about dd's party. My dh's cousin is throwing a b-day party at this place called Pump it Up and it is going to be about 300 for 2 hrs and that is with nothing extra provided. It is this big indoor bouncy place. I just can not believe people will pay that for nothing really but I guess it is a convenience to be able to let all the kids run free and not have to worry as much.

Kim-Sure you are busy. You will have to keep me posted on how you are liking the March rotation!

I better go get wound down for bed. TTYT

Rachel

Holy Guacamole Rachel Madaychel!!! LOOK AT THAT BODY!!! No wonder you can do 21#'s with those biceps!!! You got guns and beautiful shoulders! WAHOOO!!!! GREAT PICTURE! Now put one up with with your face!!! Seriously...WOW! If I could only have a pinch of that definition you have.... We'll you've obviously worked hard for that and it shows!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.