{ { It's a Moody Monday MELTERS! } }

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Just getting us started...no workout for me this morning...I had another awful night's sleepx( ..I'll be back after eating, walking the dog etc..

Deb

Morning all!

Deb - what's up with the crappy sleeping? Is it that you can't get to sleep, or can't stay asleep? I was rudely awakened at 1:30 a.m. by Gilbert puking. I managed to drag him to the bathroom so at least it wasn't on the carpet. Then my alarm went off at 4:15 and I'm thrilled to say that I got up and took the dogs out, then I did Tracey Staehle's Glute Camp and KPC abs. Now I can come home to the comfy clothes tonight!

I'm off to check out yesterday's happenings.

Hi, I'm back!

Shelly:
With Robin gone, it looks like it's you and me girl for the early risers club! ( I know Leanne gets up early too, but that is still 3 hours after us!)..Not sure what did it to me last night..it may have been that I fell asleep on the couch about 8:00..then went to bed and could not get to sleep..then dozed and woke up about 50 time!x( ..finally turned off the "workout" alarm at 2:00. Could it be that sponge candy I ate around 7:30? :9 .. You lucky girl, getting to go home from work and put on comfy clothes, with the workout all out of the way!

Kara:
I like Will Smith too...have not seen that movie though..too violent? Glad to hear Colin is doing well and has made friends. Will he be going to Vanderbuilt? The daughter of some friends of ours went there. Where do you live exactly? I know you mentioned it but my brain is fried this morning. When you do the back work in P90x, do you use a band or a pull up bar? I could never do the pull ups etc ever with my door pull up bar and always used the band method.

Lainie:
Those pavers look great! We had Uniblock ( DH and I actually did it ourselves!), before we got the new patio in stamped concrete. I love the way the blocks work, but make sure you ask them about weeds! We layed black plastic, then sand before laying ours, but weeds and grass was always coming through the cracks..}( Maybe if we had had it done professionally it would have been better.

Leanne:
MMM:9 ...that waffle sounds yummy! DH had pancakes at breakfast yesterday.. and yes, I tried some! There's nothing like a good afternoon nap! My favorite thing to do on the weekend. I can't see the preview because I don;t have the Quick time softwear, and didn't want to download more "stuff" on this old PC.. the hair is ok now..still looks uneven to me but, "whatever"! I'm not going to stress over it any longer. My cousin went to our stylist to get hers colored, and she asked her how I liked my hair.. talk about being in an uncomfortable position! Love the necklace! You are so talented!:D

Tneah:
So glad the meds are working for you! No, never had the Doritos..I crave sugar when I want something, not salt, thank God! Still have the 3 extra pounds...I've been eating like a horse!

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Hello Melters.

How is everyone? Just stopping by to say Hello. Life has been busy. I will have a long weekend next week with next Mon/Tues off so hopefully, I will get to the beach for a day next weekend.

Last night, I was supposed to babysit so my neighbour's could have their bible study and were going to pay me, but that fell through so I was outside for most of the evening cause it was nice out.

Hope you all have a Great Day!!

Deb - yup, I'm really looking forward to the comfy clothes, lemme tell ya! And I think the Will Smith movie that Kara was talking about is I Am Legend, right? It's about zombies and pretty scary, I think.

Jennifer - don't you love those long evenings outside?

Morning, Melters!

Let's see.... who asked about my cooking for the week? I just read the weekend thread and can't remember...x( Anyhow, I just cook up some big batches of food to last through the week. Usually they're crockpot-based because it's easy, and because soupy stuff freezes well. I usually try to throw at least one container in the freezer too. So yeah, I eat a lot of the same meals during the week. But hey - it saves time so I have time to exercise after work, right?

Shelley - what's Glute Camp like? Does she use weights? Surely it can't compare to GSL... I'm glad you were able to get Gilbert onto the tile floor. Dogs. What would we do without them, huh?

Deb - Maybe you'll be so tired tonight that you'll be able to sleep. I'll bet your body was thrown off by falling asleep on the couch and then having to get up to go to bed.

Leanne - I'm going to add my 2 cents worth from yesterday.... stop worrying about that water weight! :p It's okay for your weight to go up and down a bit. It really is. And you know what it is, and it's not fat. So breathe. Relax. :7 :7 And enjoy your beading - that necklace is pretty cool!

Tneah - have the meds balanced out yet? When do you see the other doctor?

Hi to everyone else... I'll catch up with you all later.

Yesterday was a nice day. I worked more on that watercolor, and it's coming along fairly well, I think. My calf seems okay today, though it was sore yesterday. I think it was more DOMS than a problem with the old injury, thank goodness. Oh my did I eat clean this weekend! I was so proud of myself. The reason is that I ended up with TONS of salad material in my fridge, and well, you know that stuff doesn't keep very long. So I ate lots of big meal-sized salads! I think I'm ready for some cooked food now. :7

We had a big thunderstorm yesterday that knocked the power out for about 4 hours. Once that happened, there wasn't much I could do. At least I had my workout done! So I dragged my chair over to the window so I could see better, and just sat down and read for a while. Lots of people were without power, and some still don't have it this morning. No tornadoes though - just lightning and straight line winds.

Okay... I think I've written a book here. See you later!

Good morning, all you FUN and lovely women!

Got up at 5:00 today, and managed to stay in bed until 5:15 before I finally got up. Today I'm going to be doing CTX all upper body, followed by the Leg Blast premix from B&G. I've never done it before, so I'm actually looking forward to it. }( Of course, the regular B&G is such a killer that I'm curious to see how this shorter program can be even worse! After that, I have a bunch of errands to run. I don't think it's hit me yet that I'm on summer break. DH still has two more weeks until he starts summer break, too.

Deb -- Sorry to hear about the bad night's sleep! Maybe it was that earlier dozing that did it. Are you feeling nervous or stressed about anything? Yes, I'm three hours behind you early East Coast risers!:)

Shelley -- That made me so sad to read in that other thread about how you hate *all* your body parts. We gotta start spreadin' the love, babe, and appreciate what we've got, right?! :) Good for you to get up early on your first day back after vacation. Is Gilbert better?

Jennifer -- We missed you over the weekend, so I'm glad to hear that you're alright and had a nice weekend. Do you know when you'll find out more about that phone call? I'm still sending my positive vibes your way!

Shannon -- That's such a great idea to cook up meals for the week. I try to make something big on Monday nights so we have leftovers for a few days. When you're only cooking for one or two people, it's nice to be able to freeze some of it, huh? Thanks for the kinds words about the weight gain. I'm *really* trying not to stress about it (but secretly am very stressed -- sigh!). Hooray for all your clean eating over the weekend! What kind of watercolor are you working on? Is it a landscape? I can't wait to see it when you're finished! Sounds like you took advantage of that storm to have some quiet time.

Kara -- How was the rest of your weekend? Even though I'm scheduled to do regular weight work today, I really want to do my kettlebell workout again! I'm going to do it later in the week, though. Are you doing the whole P90X program or just inserting some of the workouts into your regular routine?

Lainie -- How was your Sunday, chica? Are the boys doing OK? Oh, and have you had a chance to talk to Brian more about getting a stationary bike?}(

Tneah -- Glad you had a great time at Brunch yesterday. Those Dorito's sound yummy! I've never been much of a chip person, but Mike devours them. His favorites are those jalapeno thick chips. Too spicy for me! I'm so glad that the new meds are working out for you! We don't want you to have those heart palps or tiredness anymore!:) Thanks for the feedback on the necklaces. After I canceled that class and ordered the kit, I felt so excited and happy since I knew I'd have something fun to work on. How is your painting and sculpting coming along? Have you had any time to do creative stuff lately?

Leanne - trust me, the B&G Leg Blast is a killer. If Cathe had made it longer, everyone would just collapse. You're in for a fun time. }( Yes, my watercolor is a landscape. I'm trying rocks... I have a hard time painting sharp edges. All my stuff is muted and flowing, you know? So this should be interesting. I don't have any way to post it though... no digital camera, no scanner....:-(

Shannon - I really liked Glute Camp. Hardly any weights at all. Some new, innovative exercises that were REALLY.HARD! And they made me say OUCH a lot:p You're so diligent about cooking for the week!

Leanne - I absolutely adore that necklace (the more "geometric" one;)). And that's a great deal that you got the kit for less! I've grown accustomed to hating my body, and I'm pretty sure it's not going to change any time soon. I have brief flashes of thinking it's okay:) Gilbert is just fine. He pukes a lot:p

Shelley - did I mention Brandy's puking episode last week? I came home from work and found two places on my rug. 90% of my house is ceramic tile, and she does it on the little area rug. While I'm gone. So it soaks into the carpet. Joy. It was mostly hoof parings from when the farrier came. She loves to chew on those things.

Okay. Are we all grossed out now? :p

No weights on Glute Camp, huh? My rear needs weights. I guess I'll skip it. Thanks for the info!

Hey kids :)

Monday already huh? This week is pretty mellow, DH leaves Thursday to San Francisco-my favorite city in the world by the way, for meetings, he is only gone one night thank goodness.
Need to take George to the groomers this AM...need to get going, they like when I arrive early because he takes a long time to get all pretty and smelling nice.:7

Shelly, I know how you feel with the body thing. All that talk about loving your body, all those books that supposedly "teach us" how, have never worked for me either. I have some issues in that department which is why I insist on killing myself with crazy diet and workout programs like I just did.;) I will have to check out that glutes workout, I like the sound of it, I am always trying to work my butt, or lack thereof.

Shannon, what sorts of food do you cook in that crockpot? Your salad weekend sounded wonderful, I need to follow suit this week actually! Glad that calf is alright.

Deb, sorry about the bad sleep thing, I cannot fall asleep on the couch, as soon as I get sleepy I head straight for the bedroom, hate falling asleep anywhere else!

Leanne, that leg blast is so hard, I think I actually saw stars during the workout!}( Seriously, I hate it, but in a good way. I did the standing legs/ab premix last week with the added floorwork and really liked that one. But that leg blast, well, let us know how you like it. I like the premixes on B&G because the workout as is, is so dang long, by the time the floorwork rolls around I am getting very scattered, same with Gym Styles...I think I might have exercise ADD!

Jennifer, I wish we could enjoy the outside at night here in Vegas, but it stays hot! It was in the upper 90's yesterday already.

Hi to Lainie, Kara and Robin,,,,I know you are gone, but we still are thinkin' about ya!

Think I have a Spinerval workout this morning, then upper body later on today...bbl

Good morning everyone! I must finish up the painting this morning, but wanted to pop in here first!

Deb—I am so sorry about your lack of sleep. I hope tonight is better! The movie wasn’t violent in a gory way, but these mutated humans were trying to kill Will Smith and they were horribly creepy. They made the most wretched noise that I can’t get out of my head! Ugh! I live just south of Nashville, so Colin may attend Vanderbilt if he can get a scholarship. It is extremely expensive! I have a pull up bar in a door frame that I use for the P90X workouts. I have their extreme bands as well. Pull ups really built up my back muscles. Have you ever tried doing them assisted with the band? I sometimes put my foot on the back of a chair to help me if I want to crank out some extra too. Are you all set for Thursday and the new edition to your family?

Shelley—Good job getting up early! Isn’t it a relief to get it over with early? Have you finished the garden yet? I am sure it is gorgeous!

Shannon—I love to use my crock-pot as well! Do you have a favorite soup that you would be willing to share? I seem to be stuck in a rut lately. Did the calf recover from Imax 1?

Jennifer—It sounds like you had a lovely evening! My allergies have forced me inside which stinks. That’s great that you have a long weekend coming up! Have fun!

Leanne—The Leg Blast premix is killer! You are going to love it! I love the necklaces that you posted. Wow, you are so talented. I don’t think I would have the patience to work with those tiny beads! Have you done it for very long? I am so glad you liked the kettlebell workout! I have to stop myself from doing them too often as well! Right now I am alternating a week of S&H with a week of P90X workouts. I have seen good results just throwing a P90X workout in even once a week. Your waffle sounded so yummy yesterday! Emma is better today, thanks for asking! Yes, we get to spend the entire day with Colin on Saturday. It should be fun! Did the water weight subside? I hope you are feeling better about that.

Tneah—My mom always has baked Doritos and I have a hard time not hoarding them! Super yummy! I am thinking about getting some of the dandelion root that you mentioned. Is there anything specific I should look for? How much would I take? Thanks for the help! Have fun with your Spinervals!

Hi to Lainie and Robin!

Well, this morning I did the iTread ‘n Tush and 4DS Legs. It was a good workout! I hope you all have a fabulous day!

Kara

Tneah - I do a lot of beans, soups, bean soups... ;) Hey, we're seeing 90-degrees too. So far, just the low 90s, but good grief, the humidity!! Ugh. It's foul. It's still cooling off fairly well at night though.

Kara, sounds like you had a great workout actually, what a clever combo you did.:7

Shannon, sounds yummy...are you a vegetarian? At least its dry here, no humidity.

Speaking of vegetarians...Shelley, what do you eat for your protein sources, and why are you a vegetarian? Do you just feel better, or is it an ethical thing? Just curious, I was raised a veggie and often wonder if I should go back to it, just because I am never eat red meat and hate pork, love fish though and could take or leave chicken and turkey, but them I wonder if I would be doomed to a life of tofu and egg whites?:p
Would you have to eat alot more carb combinations like rice and beans?

I just dropped off Georgie at the groomers. Though I might try the HIIT training cardio deal this morning, doing the blasts only from Imax2, not 3, because those are an injury waiting to happen for me at least. Let's see how it goes, not a real fan of that HIIT thing, but hear its quite effective. Actually, I just do not have alot of time this morning, so thats really why I am doing it.

:)

Afternoon ladies!

Shannon - I bet your watercolour is beautiful. I can attest to your painting skills. I was just looking at my gorgeous watercolour that you did for me yesterday and admiring it. Okay, the Brandy puking up hoof bits story was vile:p

Tneah - Glute Camp is part of Tracey's Parts DVD - 3 workouts. Upper Body, Glute Camp and then a yoga/pilates combo. Glute camp is the first one I've tried and I really like it a lot! And I have major butt DOMS already! I'm a vegetarian because I can't process meat or dense protein. I can't eat tofu, any kind of meat (red or otherwise), dense fish (like tuna steaks)... it's kind of a pain sometimes. The list of foods that I can eat without severe pain grows shorter weekly. I can eat some dairy, so I eat a bit of cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt. And I do lighter fish, like Tilapia. I also like salmon, but can only eat small amounts. I'm also okay with beans. It is quite difficult for me to get any significant amount of protein though.

Kara - garden... finished??? I don't think those words go in the same sentence ever. My gardens are always a work in progress:) That's the way I like it!

Leanne - are you able to walk after the Leg Blast premix? Those FIVE SETS of walking lunges? Yowza!

Okay, I have some news that I've been holding off telling, because, well, frankly, I hate saying this. My sister has been diagnosed with colon cancer. She goes in for surgery next week. I'm a bit of a wreck. I had to make Chris take me to a movie yesterday because otherwise I would have just spent the afternoon crying. So there. The prognosis is pretty good since they caught it early, but it seems so damn unfair that she has to go through this after already going through a radical double mastectomy for breast cancer, with all the chemo and radiation joy too.

Tneah - yes, I'm a vegetarian. I started out for ethical reasons and now do it because I really prefer it. I do eat eggs and dairy, though, but not a lot. Eggs maybe once a week, and besides, if I didn't eat eggs, then I couldn't eat any of mom's wonderful baking, now could I? :7 I do a lot of beans, some tofu occasionally... I don't really worry about protein too much. As long as you get a balanced diet, it's not too hard. Unless you're in Shelley's situation, of course! She has to be careful. Of course, if a fitness goal is muscle mass, you might have some problems. I have pretty good strength, but not a lot of mass, know what I mean?

Shelley - Thank you for the complement on my watercolors! I'm glad you like yours. :7 Your sister will make it, Shelley. It's most certainly NOT fair that she has to deal with cancer again. But from what you tell me, she sure is strong enough to bear the burden. Tell her I'm thinking of her, okay?

Shelley--My goodness, I am so sorry about your sister. My prayers will be with her and you. She is lucky to have you! ((((HUGS))))

Kara

Hey all,

Oh, Shelley, I am so, so sorry to hear about your sister! It's just great that they caught it early so they can hopefully take care of it through surgery. Are you doing alright today? Does your sister live close to you? Will you be able to be there when she goes in for surgery next week? What day does she go in? Please know that I'll be sending my thoughts and prayers to you and her! Lots of {{{HUGS}}} to you, babe! Let us know if you need to "talk" about anything or just vent. You've been through so much illness and loss the past few years, but it sounds like your sister is one tough babe, too!

It seems silly to talk about anything else after that news. . . .

Oh, yes, I survived the Leg Blast premix. When the second set of firewalkers started, though, I literally yelled, "She's GOT to be kidding me!" I had the window open in my workout room, so hopefully no one on the street heard! I can't believe that I haven't done that one before . . . but now, knowing what I'm in for, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do it again!;-)

Tneah -- Hope Georgie has fun at the groomers. Will you post a photo of his handsome self when he gets back? The most recent issue of Clean Eating had a great article about vegetarian foods. I eat a mostly vegetarian diet, although I do eat eggs and dairy products. I'll eat chicken occasionally if Mike and I share some Chinese or something, but I'm really squeamish about cooking it. I have a hard time just doing HIIT, too. I feel like I need a longer workout so I can feel more accomplished! Oh, and I think that I'm going to call and make an appointment to get the hydrostatic body fat testing done instead of the other one. You talked me into it!;-)I think I would rather have something be more accurate, though, right?!

Kara -- What a great idea to alternate P90X with S&H! I had been looking into pull-up bars awhile ago, but when they announced the pull-up tower, I decided to wait for that to come out instead. Yes, the beading is fun and also really relaxing since it's very meditative. I've been doing it for about 4 1/2 years now and really enjoy it. My eyes sometimes get really tired, so I have to take frequent breaks. The last necklace I was working on was mostly in the smallest seed beads you can buy and it took me a few months to do. My eyes were glad I was done! The next few projects I'll be working on probably won't be as hard on the eyes. Glad that Emma is doing better! Will you bring any special treats to Colin on Saturday? :)

Shannon -- I bet your watercolors are lovely!:) Brandy's puking episode was definitely gross. Ug! Is your calf feeling better? Are you still doing low-impact stuff the rest of the week?

Oh Shelley, I am terribly sorry, really.((HUGS))to you sweetie.Jeez, that cancer stuff angers me...I am so sorry. Glad they caught in early, I had no idea she had already been through so much already. She sounds like a very strong woman, please keep us updated if you feel like you want to okay? Sounds like you have to be very, very careful, your tummy and digestive system is really sensitive huh?

Shannon, I know what you mean. I am seriously considering going veggie, but allowing fish and egg whites. Chicken is gross really, and I would not miss turkey. I love seafood though, that would make me a what? There is a name for it right? Oh, and I do not like dairy too much, except cheese which isn't that great for you anyway. Hate milk, cottage cheese, etc..anyway!

I did the Imax2 blast only mix which is 25 minutes long, is that considered High Intensity Interval training? I actually liked it, although I think I need to visit my chiropractor, my sciatic nerve did not like it, neither did my lower back.x(

Leanne and I were posting at the same time...hey chica, how are those legs feeling?
}(

Hi again. Thank you all so much. I knew I could count on you.:) My sister is a strong woman, but I could tell when I was talking to her yesterday (even though she was being all brave) that she's upset about this too. The surgery is quite invasive, they have to cut open the abdomen and go through the muscle to get where they're going. She'll be in the hospital for about 10 days then off work for a bit. I'll be asking for all your good energy next Wednesday, that's for sure.

Leanne - I've yelled at Cathe during the B&G Leg Blast premix too ;-)

Tneah - Yes, I believe that the blast only premixes on Imax 2 and 3 are considered HIIT. A vegetarian who eats fish is a pesca-vegetarian. Or maybe a pescatarian:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.