^^ Fun Filled Friday MELTERS! ^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I have today off so I have not done anything yet..I plan on doing one of the new I-Treads and the abs from Christie Taylor.

Will be back in a bit

I just know Robin and/or Shelly will be posting at the same time I am!

Deb:)

Goodmorning all. Today will probably be a workoutless day for me. I have to do the grocery shopping for the weekend guests this afternoon. A friend of ours is bringing lobsters out for dinner tonight. Then our guests will be flying into the airport about 9 or 10. DH will be doing the housework today, but I know I'll have to follow him around and do some tweaking.

DH's car was hit yesterday. He was in the middle of a residential street, waiting to back into a parking space. A woman came by at about 50 mph and tried to pass him. She nailed him on the front driver's side and ripped off the headlight and half the bumper. DH's car-friend thinks he can fix it enough that DH can drive it until it's next inspection, which isn't until next March.

So I was sooooo busy at work and when I got home last night that I feel really out of touch with all my Cathe friends. I need a better job! DH decided to pack up a box with some of our vacations stuff and ship it to my sister, rather than worry about a checked bag on the airline. I had to get all my stuff together for that. I'm going to go see what I missed around here yesterday. I hope to keep up today, but work may be crazy. Everyone will be trying to get their last minute illnesses cured before the holiday weekend.

Hi, I'm back,

Well I hope our weather improves. I feel like we were "gyped" ..no spring! I want to get flowers this weekend and get them in the ground.

Leanne:
I think I am switching to 4DS starting Sunday, but maybe breaking it down into a 3 day split instead of 4. Not sure yet. I only use the kickbox one in it's entirety...no other cardio from this series.
It sounds like you have a couple of students that are lucky to have you for a professor! That 20 minute weight loss DVD sounds interesting! What type of workout is it? ..a poster on another thread really likes the Get Ripped Jari Love workout.. says it fries her arms every time. I think I copied your "homemade" protein pudding recipe and I liked it! I may use it to use up that nasty Lean Dessert protein powder I have somewhere in the back of the cupboard.

Lainie:
Love your comment about the "kids being quiet upstairs"..and should you worry...YES! Regarding the Pyramids, I don;t use the lower body one either! There is something about it I don't like..How is your back today?

Tneah:
Good for you for only feeling "slightly guilty" about the treats you had on your birthday, and knowing that you will be back to your "fit and beautiful" self in a day or two!( I know that was my description, not yours!)..That is a great attitude to have. We all need to keep that way of thinking or we can drive ourselves crazy with "weight loss guilts"..what is the leg workout like that trainer man gave you? ..legs being my least favorite body part to work..

Robin:
Sorry to hear about DH's car, is he ok? Came back to edit..we were posting at the same time again! I like your "lobster fest" plans. Are these the guests with their own plane?

Kara:
Glad to hear you had a "happy" workout yesterday! :)

Jennifer:
What did I miss? Sponsor child? More info please!:7 It sounds like you had a good workout with SJ&P!

Have a great day! Since I am off today, I'll drop in later to see who is doing what..

Deb

Morning Deb, Robin and all who follow~

Sorry I haven't been around this week. Work has been quite busy and the evenings have seem rushed. I'm on vacation starting at 1 o'clock today!! I'm very excited. Just have to make it through the morning!

I'll try to make it back later. It's my SO's birthday today and I haven't got him anything because I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO GET! The man is impossible to buy for. Okay, well, not impossible, but you know...

I think I'll make him a big chocolate cake. I've never done that for him before.

Hello Melters.

Enjoy for all those who have today off, I must go in and work.

Yesterday was quite interesting. A couple of days ago, I got an email out of the blue from an old college roommate, he found my info in some alumn mag and thought he would contact me. Lee, my old roommate and happily married, is originally from Hacketstown NJ and is related to Princess Diana, Queen of England, Christopher Columbus,etc.. Now, he's living in WI with wife and many grown kids and has invited me to the 4th of July to spend with him, wife, and family just north of where I live.

Also, I have a sponsor child from Rwanda, through World Vision. Donata is about 10 years old, same age as Maddie would be. For a VERY long time, I haven't heard a thing about her or what my money is going for. I sent them a general email with my concern and I asked them to account for my funds and how they're being spent. Thankfully, World Vision has promised to accomodate my request.

So, Sat and Sun is work around the house day. Monday is supposed to be Shipschewana. BBL tonight or Sat after my workout.

Shelley, glad to see you back. Life has been crazy for me lately too. I feel so out of the Cathe loop. You know how I hate to be out of the loop! Have a great three day weekend. And good luck finding a gift for your SO. A cake sounds great.

Jennifer, you had a male roommate? We've never had any problems or concerns with the kids we sponser through World Vision. The only trouble is if the child has to move or gets too old for sponsership.

Deb, yes, the guests arriving later tonight are my SIL and her family, in their plane. We are having Lobsterfest with another friend. You can see why life is crazy. It seems like I'm always straightening up the house for someone who will be arriving, or after someone has left.

Back to work. (Sounds of cracking whip)

Happy Friday, everyone!

I couldn't sleep in this morning, and ended up getting up at 4:15'ish. UG! I think I'm still in getting-up-early-mode (although usually 5:00 is my wakeup time -- not 4:15!) and hope to get into a more relaxed sleeping schedule soon.

I weighed myself and am back down 1.5 pounds to where I was two weeks ago, which is good news. (Last week I was retaining water.) Of course, my body fat was up a teensy bit, which, in the BFFM book, means that I need to up my calories a wee bit and try to get more protein in.

I ordered this new cardio workout a few weeks ago and it came yesterday. It's called the SWAT workout. I guess it's on TV a lot, but I saw it on Amazon and pre-ordered it since it sounds like it's a HIIT workout. I'm going to try it out this morning, and we'll see how it is. Then tomorrow I'll start in with the Jari Love workouts.

Robin -- We've missed you the past few days! I'm so sorry to hear about DH's accident! I'm glad that at least the car won't have to be totaled. Are you still working all weekend long, even with the guests there? I hope that SIL pitches in a bit and helps you, both financially and with tidying up after themselves. You need to take some time off and have everyone look after *you*!

Deb -- Sounds like you've already had a great workout! Oh, and I've been meaning to ask you: did your friend end up ordering any Cathe workouts? If so, how is she doing with them? LOL about the pudding. Yes, the homemade recipe is fine (and much cheaper!) but the Pro Pudding is also a nice treat. I'll keep you posted on how the Jari Love workouts go. Today is cardio, and then I'll start doing the Jari ones tomorrow. Hooray for your day off!

Tneah -- Hooray for working legs last night! You go, girl! Yes, we're getting big thunderstorms all day today and probably this weekend. Not a fun way to start the holiday weekend! I really liked reading NROL4W. Although I prefer using Cathe's workouts, he had some great info in that book. Makes me think I should get it out and skim it over again!

Shelley -- I've missed you this week! Seems like you haven't been around much. How are you feeling? Is your cold better? Hooray for a week off! What kinds of things does Chris like? Does he play games like D&D? If so, maybe a gift card to a gaming store would be nice. Of course, a giant chocolate cake would also be wonderful!

Lainie -- I've missed you the past few days, too! Seems like you haven't been able to check in as much either.:-( How has your sleep been? Did the T-ball game go well the other day?

Shannon -- How is your week off going? We missed you yesterday, but hope you're having a blast!

Kara -- So is today the first day with the kids home all day? When does Colin leave for the Governor's School? Have you had a chance to go shopping for workout clothes? I know what you mean about those teensy shelf bra things in workout tops -- they're so awful and make you look so squished up, and offer no support at all. Maybe this coming week I'll go shopping a bit and will be sure to let you know if I find anything good!:)

Jennifer -- Glad to hear that you have so many positive things going on right now. The sponsor child sounds like a wonderful idea, and how fun to spend the July 4 weekend with an old friend.

Hi,

Time to vent...I got my hair cut last night...supposedly a medium wedge cut...I hate it! It looks all choppy and uneven, like she was drunk when she cut it! I hated the highlights too so I made her do them over...what don;t you understand when I say, "very faint, thin highlights, so you almost can't see them..not chunky etc...she dries my hair and around the part are 1 inch sections of blonde ( my hair is dark brown), and chunks all over the top of my head. She must have seen my face and asked if I wanted her to add some "low lights" over the light parts.. umm well YES! Then she cuts it, and I made her even it out...one side was longer than the otherx( ..what is wrong with her eyesight? So she flat irons it, perfectly straight, I make her do more adjustments, snip here and there because there are pieces not even....I was so tired, it was 8 o'clock before I left there, ( had a 5:30 apt)...now this morning, after sleeping on it, it looks awful! I flat ironed it and it is all uneven again!

I am calling her today and getting back in there to have her fix it again.. I may end up with a pixie cut, just to get rid of all the choppy parts

sorry to vent, but I am real sensitive about my hair..can you tell?

Deb:-(

Hi again.

Robin - we don't have a three day weekend here. Ours was last weekend. But I have a week off next week, so I just have to make it until 1 o'clock today. Then I'm FREE!

Deb - oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your hair! Is this the same stylist you always use? Maybe you should consider switching? I hope she's able to get it to a place where you like it.

Jennifer - sounds like busy times for you this weekend! Enjoy!

Leanne - I'm feeling somewhat better but still having awful random pain in my intestinal area. To be honest, I almost called 911 last night. It's better today though. I would get Chris a GC for a gaming store, but, um, he RUNS a gaming store:p He told me this morning that there are some new models he wants and he's ordering them today (from the UK), so I'm going to get those for him. Not very romantic, but maybe the chocolate cake will take care of that part;)

3 1/2 hours to freedom!

Morning All:)

Deb, that is awful about your hair! I am the same way, just have been really lucky to have great stylists. I would not go back to her, go somewhere else and have them fix it. Seriously, switch it up, you might find someone who is alot better.

Robin, you sound so busy, and yes we missed you around here! I am just happy your DH is okay, plus he is cleaning the house, that is very nice of him, even though you have to trail behind him "fixing stuff" he is cleaning.;)

Shelley, the cake sounds like a great idea. I write my DH poems for birthdays, Christmas, V-day, etc...this is truly a man that buys whatever strikes his fancy, leaving you with nothing to get him, so its always a personal kind of gift I try and come up with. Go get that pain checked out please, it could be something serious, please go have it checked ASAP! Are you having "elimination" problems? I have a friend with irritable bowel syndrome, and the pain can get really bad.

Jennifer, how cool is that your friend is related to the late Diana? I loved her. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned.

Leanne, you got up way to early! I read through the book last night, he wants you eating a fair amount of calories for sure, and does not advocate lots of cardio at all, interesting stuff, plus I like his sense of humor. The workouts looked like one compound move, along with supersets, working you whole body...interesting, but a bit hard to figure out the way they were presented.You must be militant with your calories! Wow. I left the counting up to trainer man, I could never go through my day keeping track of calories, you would seriously have to admit me.:p Let us know how you like Jari!;)

I did my legs last night thank goodness. Its a basic leg workout. 4 sets of the seated leg curl, 4 sets lying leg curl, I sub deadlifts, 3 sets leg extensions, 3 sets squats or leg presses-30 reps each set, 3 sets reverse bench lunges and 6 sets of calf raises. Gets the job done though.:) My reps range from 15-10. 30 reps for the leg presses or the squats, which is nice since I do not have a squat rack, I can use a lighter barbell. The workout actually works better when I have access to the gym, but I make do here.

My period is beyond awful, cramps are terrible, I will be spending the day in a fetal pose, so no workout today, I cannot even leave the house when they are this bad. Might check back in later guys, gonna take my ibuprofen and go back to bed.Hi to Lainie, Kara and Shannon.

Shelley, a week off is even better! Any plans, or are you just going to putter? Do you have Soph this week? I'm listening to John Fogerty here at work and thinking of you.}( Hope that stomach ache thing goes away! It sounds scary.

Deb, I feel your pain! It probably doesn't look as bad as you think, but I know I feel UGLY if one hair is out of place. Hope you can get it fixed to your satisfaction.

Leanne, working holidays and weekends is one of the drawbacks to my job. Someone has to be here 24/7. You know, I got a Jair Love workout a while back. I previewed it once and never did it. I couldn't get past her looks and voice. Sort of like a Barbie doll on steroids.

Tneah, sorry to hear Auntie Flo is being a pain. In spite of the hot flashes, I'm glad to have all that behind me.

Hey all,

Just popping in for a minute before I have to head out to do some errands.

Deb -- How awful about your hair! I'm so sorry about that! Not being happy with your hair really does make things so awful. Definitely go back and have her change it. Is it a new person? Maybe you should switch to someone else!

Robin -- Yes, I'm thinking that the Jari workouts might not last too long! I did that SWAT workout this morning and already miss Cathe! What a bummer that you have to work weekends and holidays all the time!

Shelley -- Sounds like you need to march yourself into the Dr. today as soon as you get off work. That sounds serious! Will you keep us posted on how you are? I knew that Chris worked for Warhammer, but I had no idea that he owned a store! When I tell my DH, he'll be seriously jealous!;-)

Tneah -- Yes, the compound moves seem interesting, huh? He doesn't want you to do any smaller groups like bi's and tri's separately. I haven't been keeping track of my calories, but have just been trying to eat more consciously. Even though I eat pretty clean stuff, I'm a calorie hog -- I think I eat about 2000 calories a day! Oink, oink!

BBL!

Hi,

Well I couldn;t stand it anymore, so I called my trustworthy cousin who is like a sister to me and asked if she wanted to have lunch or coffee etc..She said she was glad I called because she needed "to talk" too. I went over there and vented about my hair.. she also uses ( or used) the same stylist for years.. she has had some bad cuts too...anyway, she told me that it looks fine, that it is "a look" and there is nothing wrong with the cut...I know she would tell me the truth because we have both been in the same place I was and we don;t pull any punches about our opinions on our hair!

I flat out asked her if I should go back and have it "fixed" and she said she wouldn't, it looked good...I value her opinion and see how I feel in a few days..

Leanne:
Just to answer your earlier question..yes my friend ended up getting Muscle Max..she said she had DOMS all over her body, that it was a little hard for her, she couldn;t finish the whole thing..I had to remind her about the pre-mixes and told her to only use 3 and 5 pound weights maximum..or none. I have not heard back from her..I hope she is ok!

Deb

Whew, I can't believe this is my first chance to get on here today! The boys are home and Brian has been working from home (though he just took Isaac out to hit some golf balls at the driving range). Ewan is napping (I hope) and I just finished my little yoga workout. I did Sara Ivanhoe's 20 Min. Makeover: Weight Loss workout. It was my first time doing that one (have you done yours yet, Leanne?) but I have some of her other workouts. I liked it pretty well, though 20 min. is usually kind of short. It worked out well for me today since I spent most of the day doing Clean Max so I didn't have a lot of time and energy for a big long workout.

Robin, glad your DH is o.k. after the accident. Yum, I wish someone was bringing me some lobster. I haven't had lobster in ages.

Deb, girlfriend, probably all of us are a bit sensitive with our hair. At least she didn't do your hair that way before your wedding. I made the mistake of not getting a preview hairdo before the wedding and se did it all weird. But I won't go on about my own issues at this time. Maybe another time I'll post a picture of that wacky hair, though. Anyway, I bet it looks better than you think! My back feels better today. I just get that random stabbing pain that seems to wrap all the way around to my chest. I had some tests done a few years ago, even heart tests and X-rays, but they couldn't figure out what it was.

Shelley, happy birthday to your SO and good luck with the gifts. My DH is really hard to buy for but he also says just don't get him anything. I usually don't try anymore and he seems o.k. with that. Seems like sex is all he really wants that I can provide. TMI? Oh yeah, or oatmeal cookies.

Jennifer, hope you get some good answers from World Vision. That's cool that you'll get to see your old roomie and his family. I am still in touch with my college friends, but don't get to see them much. Most of them are in Missouri or elsewhere in the midwest, though.

Leanne, about the Jari Love workouts, I did make up a rotation with her workouts recently and put it on my blog. Let me see if I can find a link for you. OK, here's the post about that: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/2008/03/jari-love-rotation.html I also have weight worksheets for her workouts, though I don't know how useful they are since her workouts are mainly endurance type with lighter weights. The T-ball game went well and Ewan was well-behaved, which was my main concern in going without Brian to help.

Tneah, sorry about Aunt Flo kicking your butt so much. x( I hope she eases up on you soon. I used to have killer cramps before having babies. Somehow it changes after kids.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey all,

I called my gyno to ask if I could take two ibufprofen 800's and she said no, then was going to prescribe something stronger, but looked at my chart and saw I have not been in for a year, which is about right, you do not have to see your female doctor more than that, even less if your paps turn out good right? Well, I cancelled an appointment right before my hip surgery last year, she wanted me to have that uterine ablative surgery because my periods are so heavy...right before my hip operation, I felt I could not go through with that surgery right before doing my hip, so I cancelled. She said because of that, plus its been a year since she has seen me, she cannot prescribe anything for me and to go see an urgent care place instead, plus she sounded snotty. Is it me, or was that just rude? Its my freakin body right? And I chose not to have that invasive surgery right before my major hip surgery, which she knew about. Plus, my annual isn't due until next month. I was really, really turned off by her attitude. Is this normal procedure? I just get these cramps every so often that are so horrible I cannot move, I want to cry. Anyway, I think I am going to look for another less pushy doctor.

The heating pad helps, going to take a hot bath now. Sorry to vent, it just made me feel like I did something wrong, when it should be my choice.

Oh, Tneah, sending you {{{HUGS}}}! That was totally awful of her to treat you like that and to be upset with you for not having invasive surgery right before your hip surgery. It sounds like a really good idea to look for another doctor. In the meantime, do you think that going to urgent care would be a good idea? Can you maybe try calling her office again and asking for the stronger meds? What a witch! You poor thing! Just keep that heating pad on and maybe eat a yummy treat to feel better.

Deb -- Glad that you had your cousin's opinion on your hair! Sometimes a drastic new cut can feel odd and take some getting used to. Glad you're feeling better about it! I'd love to see a photo of it! Do you think, though, that you might find someone new? I was going to the same person for about eight years, and never liked my hair. I finally switched to a new person last year, and love how it looks. Glad that your friend was doing well with Muscle Max! Oh, and that 20-minute workout was the one that Lainie just mentioned -- it's Sara Ivanhoe's 20 Minute Yoga Weight Loss.

Lainie -- I just did the Sara Ivanhoe yesterday! It was fun, but I didn't really feel like the pounds were pouring off me!;-) I loved how soothing her voice was, though, and like how quickly the time flew by. Thanks for the Jari Love info! I'll see how long I last with her. So have you played with your kettlebell yet? I'm excited to get that DVD -- but, of course, still need to go actually purchase a KB! I'll hit up Target on Sunday.

Tonight we'll be calling in pizza.}( It's rainy and wet here, so a cozy evening on the couch sounds perfect!

Tneah, did you try talking to your primary physician for help? I know when I first moved here I got my birth control pills from my internist because I didn't have a gyno yet. She gave me the usual lecture about be sure and find yourself a gyno soon, etc. but gave me a prescription to tide me over. Like you, it hadn't been long enough yet. It does sound like you should be in the market for a new gyno, though.

Leanne, yeah, I'm not sure where the "weight loss" comes in, but it was a decent if short yoga workout. I liked it. She has a great soothing voice and pleasant personality. My favorite of hers is Crunch: Candlelight Yoga, which is not even remotely intense so it's a definite rest day kind of yoga. It was a great help in some aspects of yoga, though. She does a good description of how to breathe properly and a lovely shavasana at the end. Oh, I just realized I haven't had Spider-Man doing yoga poses on my site in a long time. Better pose him some tonight. He seems to have some damage to his rotator cuff, though, so I hope that doesn't affect him. He might not be able to do a very good downward dog like that.

OK, now I have a mission. I'm off to work with Spidey.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

When it rains it pours..its actually raining here! Well, now one of my temporary crowns fell off again and broke in half, its beyond trying to put it back on. Its in the back so its not noticeable, but still,what a crap day today, let me tell ya.
DH said, my doctor lost money by me cancelling the surgery, so she is pissed and I am not a paying patient anymore, so she will not do anything for me. Time to find another doctor. He says alot of them are like that. Boy, life was better when I didn't bother seeing doctors at all. I haven't a choice with the dentist though.:-( I do not have bad teeth, I had a bad dentist who made my teeth underneath my veneers bad. To look at my teeth you would think they are perfect...ha!

Okay, enough pity party. Gonna go eat some chocolate or something, I feel really out of it. Love you guys, enjoy your pizza Leanne and you all have a fabo evening!:)

PS. Looking forward to seeing Spidey, and well wishes to him and his rotator cuff injury.:7

Hello Weekend Melters.

Getting ready to workout, do yard work, walk, take old pc towers to Goodwill, shredd docs, clean house, etc...All not today but most of it.

Hope everyone has a fun Saturday to forget for a moment the troubles that happened during the week.

Last night, after work, I got my round up done on my yard, installed my new printer, and grocery shopped at a new Meijer. My normal one is difficult to get to and to much driving so I went to the newer one.

Monday is Shipschewana for sure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.