**Damage Control** October

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

How about trying a monthly thread?? It will probably be easier for those who can't check in daily to quickly get caught up with everything in one thread.

Jerod's football team won on Saturday, they are 4-1 so far. My bootcamp trainer contacted us and said they are running it for another month. Class starts tonight for the October session. November starts Holiday Meltdown...I'm good through the end of the year!

This morning will be Intensity...if I ever get myself down stairs.

bbl

Hello Ladies.

I was away this weekend so no work out Saturday but I did Grab Your Balls BR y'day before dinner and then this morning I jumped rope for 6 min (500 reps), did 1 round of manmakers from Empire State Kettlebell DVD and last but not least I did the first work out off of the dvd that came with my UGI ball.

Tomorrow should be back to BR!

Had fun this weekend in ac. Didn't win but a good time anyway. Ride down on Friday was awful but I didn't let it ruin my good time. Came back on Sunday to food shopping. UGH. But I knew if I didn't do it, it would be even more painful to try to get it done this week so I bit the bullet. Glad I did.

Diana:: A monthly thread is fine with me. It's only a hassle if there are tons of posts every day but things seem to have gotten busier for everyone so no one is posting as much right now. Let's give it a whirl. If we start posting a lot again down the line we can always go back to weekly. Go Jerod and his team! That's great! Enjoy the new bootcamp classes!

MONDAY.. ugh

CRAPOLA whatta day - 3rd of month - computers going down and up .. :mad::mad::mad::mad: INSANITY - I tell ya!!! UGH going to be a CAB night tonight .. for sure!!! :mad: Well FRI went for a run about 6-7 miles - then SAT another run about 6-7 miles .. then watched my team WIN .. WOOT WOOT .. we pulled it off .. OMG .. it was a heart attack waiting to happen tho - WHEW .. talk about edge of your seat game .. never a minute of calm . AUSOME .. :D:D:D WARRRRR EAGLE!!!!! SUN was total REST day - got allergy head - head ache - eye infections - sneezing .. ugh .. ragweed in full bloom!! gggggrrrrrrrrrrr

Di - your bootcamp and meltdown classes have you in good shape for upcoming year .. and not to forget .. LIIT coming around the corner .. WOOT WOOT ... IDC on the check in - just so I can see my girlies and check in w/ya'll!!! ;)

WEndy - sorry about the no win this weekend .. but at least you had a blast .. that is what counts... my husband says .. "how come losing money can be so much fun" .. LOL :confused:

Hello to all that follow ..

OK .. it is INSANE in here .. better run .. tonight is circuit class .. gonna do another mish mosh class of it .. class seems to love the variety in the mish mosh classes!!! have a great one!!!! :D

Good Morning.

Today's work out was BR Interval Cardio (20 mins) plus UGI work out #2 but I had to omit cardio and most of the ab segments for time. It's okay though cause I worked my abs big time y'day and hit cardio hard before I did the UGI work out so it's all good. :)

Laura:: LMAO I agree with your DH. So true! :p

TUE

Hey Ladies -

Had a great class last night - and went for walk/run at lunch - so added cardio - tonight is mish mosh matt class (pushup/core/plank/jacks torture) - I battled a dang eye migrain all day ystdy .. popped excedrin migraine all day .. well last night it was hurting so bad I couldnt get to sleep .. so had to take migraine meds .... :mad:... still hurting this morning - so I am ILL - still hurting - and have med head (meds make me sooo cold and groggy) - gggrrrrrrri have GOT to go back to eye doc . will try to call this morning if possible .. i hate to bc they will dilate me .. which means .. no work . possibly no class tonight .. GGRRRRRRRRRR

Wendy .. is the BR interval cardio on her site??? I need to check that out .. for sure!!!! LOVE the BR workouts ..

Hello to all that follow .. ok I am at my desk for now .. gotta play catch up .. gonna call eye doc in a minute .. *sigh* have a great one!!! ;)

Hi Ladies,

So our instructor will have to change our class times, M-7pm , Th-8pm. I can't do an 8pm class...it just doesn't fit into my schedule at all. Not sure what I'm going to do now. May just hit class on Monday and do a rec ctr w/o on Thursday's at 7pm.

Last night I did the elliptical trainer for 50 minutes and 10 min of weighted ab work. This morning was GS BSB. I caved and ordered Bob Harpers Core DVD. I've been looking for it in stores but haven't been able to find it, so broke down and ordered it from amazon. It was only $8 plus 2$ shipping and should arrive on Thursday.

Laura-feel better soon. Sounds like your running is contributing to your allergies. I hate being dilated...can't see anything. Woo Hoo, your team won...Go Tigers!

Wendy-what do you think of the UGI w/o's. Do you think the UGI ball is worth the purchase?

Hi Lori and Jacque-...come back girls, we miss hearing from you.

Diana:: Oh man sorry about the bootcamp schedule change. Yeah, 8pm is just too darned late. I couldn't do it. I am totally enjoying my UGI and the work outs it came with are pretty good so far! It's no Cathe dvd in terms of quality but it's a good work out. It's set to music. There is no other audio at all except that a voice over counts down the last 10 seconds of each move so that if you aren't looking at the tv to see the count down, you will know when to finish up and get ready for the next move. It's not choreographed at all-completely drill style. Form pointers are written on the screen and you just follow along with what the girl on the screen is doing. That being said, some of the moves are extremely challenging...even more so then some of the moves that Zuzanna does with the ball! Each work out starts with several cardio based moves to get the heart rate going and then after that they are interspersed through out. 30 moves total per work out. So between these work outs and using the ball with BR I am not regretting the ball in the least! Loving it! :) HTH.

Laura:: Yes, the interval cardio is an old BR work out. Check out FB. I posted the link there this morning. :) Sorry about the migraine issues and the eye dr. Hope everything works out in the end!

Good Morning Ladies.

So Zuzanna posted a new w/o schedule which I quickly wrote down but ended up not doing a BR this morning anyway. LOL I did Tonique Premier Lunge segment b/c I didn't have enough time to do all of the prep work involved in BR. I hope to be able to tackle it tmrw though! :) Also gotta finish up the UGI work outs. So much to do, so little time. ;)

Good Morning Ladies,

I tossed and turned all night long and have no energy this morning. I'm going to finish up my coffee and try to tackle Intensity though.

Wendy-Thanks for the UGI description. It sounds like a good investment. The moves being challenging makes it sound even better. I'm looking forward to Bob's Core w/o. I his other w/o's to be quite challenging too.

Laura-how are you feeling today? Hopefully much better.

Lori-I saw your pic on FB, you look great! Are you almost done with your Personal Training certification?

gotta run....bbl

WED

Hey Ladies -

Had to go to eye doc ystdy - and then home w/dilated eyes and migraine .. ONE DAY I WILL LEARN NOT TO COME IN IF I HAVE A FRKN MIGRAINE!!! :mad: Long story short - eye infections in both eyes - steroid and anti-inflammatory drops for a month and restatis (dry eye therapy) - yes ALLERGIES are the main culprit - did yrly test - found another toxo lesion but it was inactive - OH WELL - cant wear my contacts and I am TICKED - my glasses give me head ache - plus cant see as well w/them on - just a PIA big time!!!! I dont care what doc says I WILL wear my contacts while working out - :mad::mad: will suffer thru day but gonna wear them working out *humph*

I feel better today - migraine gone - just a dull ache now - eyes are red and burning but at least the head eased up!!! :)

Di - bummer about the BC schedule - Lawd .. 8 pm .. there is NO WAY I would work out that late - geesh!!!! HOpe you can get it worked out tho!!

Wendy - thanks for BR info - and now you are enabling on UGI purchase ??:confused: I know I know - not enabling - just FYI - but dang it is tempting now!!! But I think I would want the pushup/ab bar first - b/c My chairs are not cutting it - I use my Cathe bar for reverse pushups .. but the ab (knee ins) have to use 2 chairs .. NOT optimal for those exercises at all ..

Lori - aaaaawwwwwwww -- your FB pic is precious!! you are a beautiful mommy to be!!!!!

Hello to Jacque ..

OK .. gotta run .. have a great one!!! Not sure what is on tap for today - had to cancel class last night - was on couch w/pounding eye/head - no class tonight - may try a run - if head cooperates - or may go home and rest - PLYO tmrw - OK .. have a great one and work out for me JIC I dont get to ;)

Hi ladies,

Yesterday ended up being a rest day, no energy to be had. I took one of my "anti-depressant sleeping pills" last night and was dragging ass this morning. I struggled through the step portion of Intensity and then put in BH Ripped Core. It's a 50 min w/o and I did about 20 min before I had to take DS to school. So far it's a winner.

Laura-OMG, you poor girl. Take your meds, REST and feel better soon. Is your glasses prescription current. I struggle with glasses too. The peripheral vision, feeling like I'm going to fall down the stairs, headache, etc. That's why contacts are so much better. I want the BR dip station too. I use my pullup bar for the ab (knee ins), either with or without the straps.

Wendy-once I complete the BH Ripped Core I can give a full description for yah.

Hi Lori and Jacque!

Good Morning.

BR Quantum of Sweat today. 16 mins long. Went like this::

Set time for 4 rounds of 10s/50s and do max reps in 50s and do:
One leg jump rope
Commando push ups
One leg jump rope
Commando push ups
Set time for 4 rounds of 10s/50s and do max reps in 50s and do:
Low jack jump rope
Reverse push ups with single leg kick
Low jack jump rope
Reverse push ups with single leg kick
Then repeat. :)

THURS - one step closer to long weekend - woot woot!!

Morning Ladies!

Well - I popped excedrine migraine all day ystdy - but after surviving work - i MEANT i was gonna get a workout in - so i went for a run - I felt great and made my head ease up some - today I am back at my desk and have glasses on again .. gggrrrr ... head will end up hurting again i am sure!!! gggrrrrrr Tonight is PLYO mish mosh - gonna do hard full out plyo w/some burpee and plank work and some body weight work intervals too!! :D I have a co worker that SAYS she is gonna try it tonight .. we will see if she makes it!! She is not used to working out - so I have warned her it is tuff class .... she is type that will modify if she cant do it - or lay in floor and LAUGH :p

Di - yes my glasses are current - but my vision is so bad and prescription is so HEAVY (even w/lighter lenses) I have to get smaller frames .. so basically i lose ALL my periphrial vision w/them .. and in my blind eye that is ALL i have .. a bit of periphrial .. sooooo glasses make my head hurt bad!!! Contacts are SOOO much better!!! :(

Wendy - I saw that workout - it looks great!!!! How was it .. was it as hard as it looks like it was???

Hello to all that follow!!!

So have you girls checked out the video clips??? they look AWESOME .. I cant wait to get the new workouts!!! think my hammies and butt will be screaming at me for a while when I start them!!!

OK .. better run .. have a great one!!! ;) will BBL to see what everyone is up to!

Laura:: It was a good BR work out but not as tough as it seems. The hardest part for me were the reverse pull ups into single leg kick. I am soooo spoiled by the brevity of the BR work outs that although I am looking forward to Cathe's new series I am hard pressed to do many full length Cathe work outs any time too soon. I've hardly touched most of my dvd work outs as it is lately! Think BR might have me hooked?? LOL

Di:: Sorry for the sleeping issues. That stinks. I hope you get some rest tonight. My boss was up til 3am at a fire coz he is a fireman and a first aid volunteer in his town. He is working on 2 hours of sleep today. I saw him sleeping sitting up at his desk earlier. lol

Last edited:
Gotta ask ...

WEndy .. sorry Miss Nosey here - I have been wondering - so you have been doing the shorter BR interval workouts now for a couple of months right? what about your weight - and your muscles??? NEED a report missy!!! being as your body has been used to longer workouts (hour or better) . . sometimes even multiple workouts in a day .. wondering how the shorter workouts are affecting your body/weight/muscle definition/size???

Laura:: I have to say that I was worried about what would happen which is why I DID do one body part per day for a while along with BR but I finished up with that in the third week of August and have absolutely no complaints about my body/weight/etc. NONE! In fact, I am getting LEANER and MORE DEFINED! I am LOVING it!!!!:D I am still faithfully on WW though which I am sure is making a difference. Not actively trying to lose but maintaining for sure. If I stopped I am sure I would gain weight. I would gain weight if I stopped WW even while doing hour long Cathes...just might take a little longer...Anyway looking more and more like Zuzanna every day! ;)

Last edited:
TGIF!!!

Hi ladies,

I'm starting my w/o late today. Oh well, better late than never. I plan on doing BM2 Cardio Blast. I've been previewing the last few BR w/o's and may start tackling those. They would be great to do for a lunch time w/o. I could do them at the rec ctr! Plus, since Wendy shared they are working great for her...may as well give them a try.:) Cathe's October rotation looks pretty good too, decisions...decisions.

DH is going up to the condo this next week. I hate when our weeks fall during school. He needs to blow out our sprinklers before he goes up since we may get overnight freezing temps. Our daytime temps have been in the 70's-80's but we are expecting a cold front this next week.

bbl

Good Morning.

TGIF for sure!

I was supposed to work out this morning. I was going to do the third of 5 UGI work outs. Well I was too tired this morning when my alarm initially went off so I blew off the work out and got an extra 90 mins of sleep instead. Not worried about it. I will work out this weekend. :)

WW weigh in has me down 1.2# this morning. :D My goal was 120. I am now at 118.6. If I can float between 118 and 120 from now on I will be a happy camper! :D

Diana:: Have fun with the BR's if you decide to do them! I can't tell you how awesome it feels to not be a slave to my work outs anymore. I enjoy them. Don't get me wrong, but feeling like I HAD to work out for an hour most days was getting really old. I still do longer work outs but now atleast the pressure is off. I know it's not required as long as I keep my diet on track and give the shorter work outs 100%. :)

TGIF - woot woot .. and WAAARRRRR EAGLE!!!!!!

WOW .. busy day .. short handed I am on front counter . .. and it is crazy .. guess people are paying b/c of MON holiday . THAT WE DONT GET .. GGGRRRRR .. think everyone else gets it but not us *humph* Taught a GREAT full out plyo class .. no mish mosh just a solid 45 min plyo w/paperplate abs .. my core is SCREAMING at me this morning .. my coworker did come and did survive .. she did great considering she doesnt workout regularly .. she is gonna have to work up to several movees .. but great start out for sure!! she said she enjoyed it .. even tho i kicked her butt :p

Di - ok Wendy was our first guinnie pig .. now you can be the second - if BR short workouts work for you too .. with exception of my classes .. I will have to try it ... so do try and make sure to report!!!!!

Wendy - WTG on your goal .. that is a GREAT accomplishment .. dont think I will EVER see that weight again .. ugh .. my weight never moves .. it is same every morning .. period .. *humph* ... think my body likes where it is and wants to stay!!!

Hello to all that follow ..

We have another tuff game tmrw - away - ARKANSAS - yikes - we are beat up and have 2 of our best players OUT of the game .. ugh .. praying for another win .. and upset!!! :D I WILL fit in a workout tmrw .. either a run or weight workout .... DH will be home for first time to watch the game with me .. WOOT WOOT .. maybe it will be good luck ... WAAAAAARRRRRR EAGLE!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Have a great one! ;)

Laura:: So is your coworker actually WILLING to come back to your class? LOL I love core DOMS! Enjoy it! I WISH my weight was stable. It seems to only be really stable when it's TOO HIGH!!!!!:mad: Believe me, I never thought I would get below 125 again much less 120!!! I owe it all to WW! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.