***12 weekers*** Here is January7th!

L Sass

Cathlete
And a Happy Monday morning to all! Just kicked out the cardio section of 4DSBC and itread 30 minute sprints. Oh yah! Off to do a little leg freestyling and some katami bar ab work. BBL to do BBC back and shoulders. Have a great clean eating day - amazing how quickly week one flew by. Hey - I can do this for 7 more days - anyone else care to join me? :)

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Im joining the party:7 Seven more days sounds easy peasy lemon squeezy ;-)(heard the phrase on a movie and always wanted to say it LOL)

Alright,so todays workout is going to be a cardio premix from either Bm2 or C&W or Imax2 ! Haven't decided yet! I've got some major doms from yesterdays workout!

Lorrie- Awesome workout,high fives girl!

Have a great day everybody!:)

Hey guys! I'm here too! Early birdies, aren't we? HA!

I did BFL Upper Body weight work and I'm fried! I'm going for an outdoor run this afternoon, just to log some mileage...nothing too hard, just a nice steady run...perhaps about 6 miles. The temps are to hit the 60s this afternoon and I just HAVE to take advantage of 60 degrees in January in PA, right?

I took the day off of work this morning. When the kids get on the bus, I'm going to clean my friend's house, then the grocery store for some things on sale, then back home for a few errands. Then the run before the bus drops the kids off again!

BBL to say HI again....but I may not be back online until this afternoon!

LET'S KICK IT THIS WEEK, LADIES!
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
7 days in this mini-goal!

Gayle

Good Morning!
Alright, I have to pull up my socks now! Im still eating way to many sweets, I don't care if they are big or small (they are usually small) it doesn't matter. I want to throw out whats in the house, but I feel awful throwing food out. If I gave it away, that wouldn't bother me. Maybe thats what I should do! Give the chocolates to DH to take to work:) Or I could take them to work myself. They would live a very short life there as well.

I have a little DOMS from GS legs, just enough and I can still walk:) Todays workout will be GS C&T and cardio. I was gonna do 2 weeks GS,1 Week circuits,2 Weeks 4DS and repeat again but I am thinking about sticking to the GS for 3-4 weeks straight. I don't think 2 weeks is going to be long enough to see any improvements. The reason I was switching it so much was b/c I use the GS's quit often and thought I would get bored....not the case!:) But I don't want to do circuits for 4 weeks straight b/c when I did the circuit rotation before I found that I lost alot to strength in that time frame.

Lorrie** DS was up super early today but he was just hungry. I fed him and he went back to sleep and thats where he is now. I would have been joining you if he hadn't went back!

Ameila** Have fun with your work and good luck on the next week of SBD!

Gayle** Oh, I wish I could run outside! TO MUCH SNOW! UGH! I ran alot this past summer b/c I just packed DS up and off we went. He loved it and fell right to sleep and I would just run and run. I did 7-8 miles everyday and one day I week I would do 10! I miss it so much right now, especially with my TM acting the way it is!

Have a good day everyone. I probably won't be back until tonight when I get to work.

Lori :)

Hi, everyone! How was your weekend? I went out to dinner at P.F.Changs on Sat. night. I did quite well with the eating, until... the piece of birthday cake for my friend came out! The piece was HUGE. It spanned the entire plate, and was about 5 pieces, altogether. Oh, and it was Chocolate. Double chocolate. :9 Lets just say I had about 2/3rds of it:eek: . Really. The people at my table were kinda looking at me with amazement. One person said: Uh, you really like chocolate, huh? Ya think!!!?? Oh, well.I think my body is in shock! All the clean eating, then chocolate overload, lol!! So, I messed up in the eating department, but this is a new week, right? For the most part,I am a very healthy eater!!! Have a great day!! Nancy J.~~~

Morning everyone,
Congrats to all the weight loss.

I need to catch up here.

Saturday was measure and weigh in. Gained .5 pound, loss 1/4 inch. I guess I will take that since my eating was just OK last week.

Saturday I got up and did Spinerval Ultraconditioning Leg workout. Boy I was wiped after that. I still feel a little soreness today, which is good.

Sunday was rest day and free day. I unfortunately went overboard on the sweets.

Monday I did Spinervals Irongirl workout C - 30 minutes. Eating so far has been scrambled eggs and 1/4 pita.

I am getting my P90X+ workouts today. Can't wait to get home and look at them. Hubby is out of town so I have all night to see what they are like. I am thinking of doing the Lean rotation with these workouts and will need to do the Total Body + workout tonight when I get home.

I need hubby to look at my spinning bike. The tension knob seems to be acting up, hard to turn either way so I won't be on that til he can look at it. Hopefully Wed but it may not be til this weekend.

Lunch today I am getting out and taking a walk. 60 here in MI is totally unusual for January. Wouldn't believe we had over a foot of snow new years day and it is primarily gone. This warm weather is melting all of it. Then again, the weather is a changing come Wednesday, back to normal.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Rhonda

Good morning!!!

I've been fighting a cold since the beginning of this Challenge and I *finally* feel well enough to work out today!! SO today is officially the day I start. I took measurements on the first and wrote them in my Cathe calendar!

Mini goal for the next seven days - eat completely clean (with the exception of two glasses of wine while watching Bill Maher on Friday - little tradition of ours), follow workout schedule and drop two pounds. Oh, and drink my water. :)

Good luck to all and congrats to those who are already seeing results!

Happy Monday all 12-weekers!!

Still feeling great. Legs are on my rotation for tonight. GS Legs or the legs from 4DS. I like the leg workout from 4DS, short & sweet. And since DD has Girl Scouts tonight, it'll fit in nicely.

Glad to see everyone is still motivated!! Have a great day!!

Hey guys. Me again. I just wanted to check in before I lace up my running sneakers and hit the hills. It's GORGEOUS OUT HERE! I LOVE 60 degree temps in JANUARY! lol Tomorrow is supposed to be even a bit warmer! I may get spoiled!

Sounds like everybody had a great and successful weekend.

FRESH START TODAY!

Gayle

Good afternoon 12-weekers! :)

Day 10 for me. Did a Tae Bo this morning that was pretty easy and short so I'm thinking of doing a CTX cardio tonight time permitting. Abs are screaming today from Ab Ripper X. Still doing well with the eating.

Have a great day!

Sue

Good afternoon!
I'm glad everyone is ready for Week 2! Knowing I had to post my workout and meals on this check-in has made me do better! It's so nice to have so many health-conscious people to communicate with this way. It's also great to have Cathe fans to talk to!! You forum members are the only people I have "talked to" about Cathe--most of the people in my daily life haven't even heard of her! They don't know what they're missing, do they?
Anyway, I did 4DS HIS this morning. That's the first time I have done the whole dvd, and I loved it. Had a little trouble with step
combo #3, but I'll work up to it. Breakfast was scrambled egg whites and wheat toast. Didn't know what I wanted to eat for lunch, so I had a bowl of oatmeal. Tonight I'm making Mexican chicken soup from the Taste of Home slow cooker recipe book I picked up at the grocery store. I am loving soups right now, even though it's 65 degrees here today. I'll be back later. Have a great day!

Valerie

To all of you running outside today - OMGOMGOMGOMG enjoy those 60 degrees in January. DS and I just went outside to get the mail and ohhhhhh is it nice! And it SMELLS nice (I'm a huge fan of the smells of the seasons - strange I know). He doesn't go to preschool till Wed and I'm sure the 60's will have left my then - think I can talk a 4 year old into jogging a few miles on some pretty unsafe roads? Maybe not - but it feels wonderful!

Lorrie

Today was my errand day. I got up at 7:00 and did LIS. I was pooped halfway through the last combo, so I got on the TM for the last 5 minutes and then did the cool down. My body is not used to working out in the morning, but it will learn:)

Eats have been decent: cottage cheese, apple and whole wheat toast for breakfast, tuna salad on spinach with tomatoes and pepper jack cheese for mid morning and a Larabar for lunch. I went to Panera and had an iced green tea, I didn't realize that is was sweetenedx( I got a few more calories than I bargained for. I just finished a yummy protein shake and I will have chicken with capers and mushrooms for dinner.

I was down another 0.5 lb. today! Yippee!:) :)

I am looking forward to jogging outside again, but since it is a sunny 36 degrees with a lot of snow and ice, my aerobic workout for today was an indoor session on my rebounder.

I lost a pound this last week:) PH is on the books for tomorrow's strength workout.

I have been doing well with the workouts. I am doing the current rotation for fat loss with Cathe dvds. I am struggling with the eating right so hopefully back on track today concentrating on clean eating, my achilles heel. Sometimes I feel like giving up, I am almost up to my heaviest weight. Going back to school has not been kind to me.

OK….wow. FINALLY have some time to sit at the PC. I’m on a mid-day endorphin HIGH, so be forewarned! lol And you guys have been chatty while I’m away playing!

I hit the road and ran for 1hr, 8 minutes. It was GORGEOUS outside and just a perfect day for a run. I kept my pace slow and steady, remembering that I have HIIT early tomorrow morning. But it was hard to keep myself from kicking it out fast! lol I timed it perfectly and got to the busstop with 3 minutes to spare (and to stretch).

Right now, I have a pot of Beef Barley Soup on the stove, from the EFL cookbook. I’ll review it after I try it, but it’s looking and smelling OH-SO-YUMMY!

I'm starting to think that we need to keep a running tally of all our weight loss! What do you think????

Let’s see, for personals:

NancyJ-am I allowed to admit that the double chocolate cake sounds DELISH! lol And let the other guests look….as long as you didn’t lick the plate, who cares, right? HA!

Lori-I always give away anything that’s in my house and tempting me. My best friend LOVES it! lol

Rhonda-WOO HOO on that ¼ inch loss ! I’d take an inch loss over a scale loss anyday! Progress can be measured in SOOOOOOOO many ways! ENJOY that warm weather…I’ve got it also and LOVE it!

Kelly-SO glad you’re finally feeling better! Now, get ready, because [font color=red]we’re kicking it this week!!!![/font]

Melissa-I already ‘chatted’ with YOU on the BFL thread! LOL

Sue-great workout. I like ARX! 10 days…….let’s make it 11, girl!

Valerie-I LOVE Taste of Home. I used to get the monthly mag, but I started looking at it at the library to save $$$. Is this a recipe you’d be willing to share??? YUMMY! I’m a sucker for any and ALL recipes!!!

Becca-ANOTHER LOSS! WOO HOO! Keep up the good work, cuz it’s working for you!

KittyR-enjoy PH! I haven’t done that one is AGES! Probably at least a year! Here’s an idea….add one full pound to your barbell for tomorrow’s PH workout…in honor of that one full pound YOU LOST!!!!!!!! Great job!

Trish-WE WILL NOT GIVE UP! We just work on what needs help. Set a plan and a goal for eating. Just one. Aim for that one goal, and hit it. Then make 2 goals…the first one and a new one….then hit it. Add on. Sometimes going ‘cold turkey’ is a tough thing, and sometimes weening our way INTO clean eating helps! HANG IN THERE!

OK…now I’m tired from typing! LOL Have an awesome evening.

[font color=blue]Close out the day CLEAN and SOLID, and get ready for Tuesday….another day is this week that we will conquer and survive IN CONTROL![/font]

Gayle

Good afternoon everyone! Today's workout was HIS cardio and I threw in combo one in again as it is my favorite!

Good evening ladies. I was on my elliptical for 40 minutes this morning and end my day at 1450 calories. It was a tough day at work and I am pooped. I figured out today that I really need to get up at 5am every day. That'll leave me 1 hour for a workout and 1 1/2 hours to get ready for work and some leisure time for me. I'm going to try real hard to get on that schedule this week.

Tomorrow it's 4-DS shoulders and LIS for me...my shoulders are getting soft---I need to remember that the next time I want to stay in bed instead of working out!

The Other Christine

Great day everyone. I did come back and get in BBC arms and abs -- holding those biceps curls at the end kills me! I think I'm battling a stomach bug - feeling just plain yuk.

Ummm Gayle honey --- an hour and 8 minutes? 3minutes to spare with the bus?????? I do believe you may have jipped yourself out of 2 minutes. A solid, respectable 1 hr 10 minutes would have still gotten you to the bus stop in time. Come on mama! }( }( (Just couldn't resist! HA! Love you sweetness!)

Lorrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.