Zip front workout tops

K

kimberlyh

I just bought a Champion sports bra that zips in the front and I wore it today for the first time. It was so effortless to get that sweaty thing off! My question is: where can I find more of these, preferrably in prints and colors other than white. I am on the small size (34A) so I don't need a ton of support, and I don't want something that looks like an undergarment--i.e., I want to be able to wear it on its own. (Really, I got over the Madonna "lingerie look" ages ago!)

sports bras

I have a Champion zip-front sports bra that I got at Kmart a few years ago. They had a bunch of different ones in different styles of grey and black - no prints. I love mine, but don't know if they still carry them or not. Good luck!!
Erica

Have I got a deal for you!

Kimberly, www.onehanesplace.com carries all the Champion bras. Bonus -- they're cheaper from One Hanes Place and even cheaper when you buy them on-line vs. the OHP catalog.

I've wrestled with a few sweaty sports bras in the not-so-distant past and have given the front-zip's some thought, but wasn't sure if they had enough support (36 C/D) I also wondered if the zipper would rub in all the wrong places. Did the front-zip rub you or was it OK?

oops - wrong brand

The zip-front I got at Kmart isn't a Champion - it's a Bestform - sorry about that.
Daphne, mine is a 36C and I feel like it gives me plenty of support and the zipper doesn't bother me at all - it is so convenient. However, in terms of support, I do prefer the one piece bras with no hooks or zippers. My husband thinks the zipper is the best thing to ever happen to bras.
happy.gif
- my first smiley face!!
Erica

Hi Daphne!

No, it didn't rub at all. It has a placket that goes underneath the zipper, so that's what goes against your skin.

I just wonder if it would be acceptable to wear it as is or if you're supposed to wear something over it? Not that I exercise out in public that much, but if I went for a run, I wouldn't want people to think that I was the Maidenform Woman. (Ah ha! Anyone remember her?)

Thanks for the tip!

Hey, I just looked up this site and it's great! The specific address for the Champion zip front bras is:
http://www.onehanesplace.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2583&prmenbr=601&cgrfnbr=1430798
I really like Champion sportswear, it's just all I want to wear! I was so pleased to see Cathe wearing Champion in some of her videos! I'm actually pretty tiny, but a good sports bra is important for anyone who's working hard (or even not so hard)! I think I need to try the zipper front one because even tiny people have almost as much of a workout getting one off as they just had sweating in it!

Really cheap. . .

I was at Wal-Mart a couple of months ago and was surprised to see a zip-front Everlast sport bra for $8. . . I didn't really trust the quality but it was cheap enough to try anyway, and that silly thing has ended up being my FAVORITE sport bra! It gives better support than many of my over-the-heads and it is SO comfortable PLUS the most flattering sport bra I own!! They are mostly black and gray, and I think navy. . . So go check out the Everlast stuff at WalMart! Mine has been through a lot of washings and has kept its shape and look quite nicely.

sports bras at TJMAXX AND FILENES

Hey gang! I live in NYC and depending on where you are, if there is a TJ MAXX or a Filenes Basement, they have Champion, amongst other brands, and the styles are usually recent, and the prices are sometimes less than half! I think TJ Maxx has a website, but the only time the advertise their activewear in detail is when there is a sale! I also have found Ryka Sneakers at TJ maxx for 19.99-- It's all in the timing I guess. Worth a shot tho, if there are these stores in your area..

The best sports bras

Hi everyone, I agree with all of you on zip-front sports bras, they are all that I wear since I seem to sweat so much!!! I am an avid runner and get all of mine from road runner sports. They have a great selection of colors and great support for C cups plus. In fact they have a great sizing system that differentiates between A_B and C_D cups. You can find them on the net at mysportsbra.com. This is a great site. I have ordered my bras from them for years and their prices for the quality of support can't be beat!!

Karin Collins

Go to Walmart....

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON May-26-00 AT 01:03PM (EST)</font></center>

.....and look for the "Everlast" sports bras. They have a zip-front model that is priced at about $7.00!!! I have 2 and I love them. I'm small, too, but I'm like a 40 A! Try to get a bra like that!!!! I'm real broad through the back.

I can't wear regular bras, so I always wear sports bras. They are the only ones that fit. Victoria's Secret.....forget it!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Susan P!!! I posted before I read the rest of y'all's! I DO love my Everlast bras!
happy.gif

Hi Daphne and Kimberly!

Daphne, I have a zip up sports bra (racer back) and the ONLY time it bugs me is when I do a tape where I have to lay chest down on the step to do some kind of flies. And mine is very supportive.....more so than other sports bras I have.
It is so nice to not have to pull a sweaty top over your head!

Kimberly, I wear mine out jogging. Mine is grey cotton and it looks more sporty than bra-ie (is that a word?) :)

Heather

I'm going to check this out too!

I just bought a Champion sports bra(not a zip front,though)yesterday on sale for about $8.00. I couldn't pass it up for the price. I have always used the "cheapies" before. Anyway, I love it! Very comfortable with lots of support. Thanks Daphne-I'm going to see what the web site has!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.