Yum! Great idea for salad with tuna...

Biteset

Cathlete
I'm hooked! I've been mixing a can of tuna with peach-mango salsa. It's a great flavor (sweet) and goes great with salad greens and other veggies. It's a nice alternative to finding a fat-free dressing--I've never found one I like.

This salsa also goes well with cooked chicken breast, in a wrap with veggies.

Gisela

Okay, this is Santa Barbara brand "Mango Salsa w/ Peach"

Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size 2 Tbsp (okay that's a small serving size!)

Amount per Serving:

Calories: 20

Fat 0g
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carb. 5 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 0g

Vitamin A 30%
Vitamin C 20%

No added sugar anywhere in the ingredients, that I can see.

Gisela

It sounds wonderful to me....I love tuna anyway!

I am glad that it has no added sugar.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Catherine--heck no! No high-fructose corn syrup. :)

Ingredients:

Tomatoes, Mango, Filtered Water, Assorted Chiles & Peppers, Onions, Evaporated Cane Juice (OH THERE'S THE SUGAR!)

Tomato Puree, Peaches, Cilantro, Red Wine Vinegar, Lemon Juice frmo Concentrate, Salt, Spices, Citric Acid with Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulfite and Sodium Erythorbate (to preserve freshness), and Xantham gum.

I'm not even going to check for typos...

I found a jar in the Hispanic foods aisle at the grocery store, with refried beans and cans of chilies. And other salsas. But I also bought a big jar of it at Costco.

The company makes other flavors--here's their website: www.sbsalsa.com

Gisela

Oh, I forgot to say--at Costco this salsa is in a refrigerated section--honestly I can't remember exactly what else is there, but I believe it was next to an olive tapenade, some hummus, perhaps pesto...

gisela

I've also heard of tuna salad with chunks of apple (specifically Granny Smith for the tang!), and I definitely have to be in the mood for that combo, but I think this sweet salsa idea adds a juicy kick!

Thanks!

Gisela - I found it yesterday at costco and right now I'm eating a salad with tuna and the salsa on top. It is very tasty...definitely will be on my weekly lunch menu. Thanks again...this is something I would have never thought of on my own. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.