Yuck...That Glucose Tolerance Test

Jennifit

Cathlete
I am crashing from the sugar high! I feel like I am a bit drunk...yuck!!! I just wanted to vent! I cannot imagine taking the 3-hour test...

OK, off to guzzle water!

jenni

Steph -

I will not get my results until Monday...Since it is Friday, I will have to wait until then...

jenni

I had to take the 3 hour test and it was so GROSS! I remember it well, even though it was 10 yrs ago:eek: I was very sick for the first 5 monthes of my pregnancy, after the 5th month I started to feel better so I was eating better and I gained 10 lbs. Because I gained 10 lbs in one month they made me get testing done! Hello????? I have been starving for the last 5 monthes.
This time I asked my Dr is there anything I could do to avoid it but he said they do testing anyway;(

Lori:)

I loved the orange drink but hated the "crash" I had after the test, too. I hope the results are good!

I had to do the 3-hour test about a month ago. It was torturous! The stuff you have to drink (100 gram glucose solution) is twice as strong as the 1-hour (50 gram) screening. I nearly passed out during the first hour. I was extremely nauseous. By the time they took my last blood sample, I was shaking from the glycemic response! I went immediately to Applebees and had some protein! Then took the rest of the day off work because I felt lousy.

Hope you get good results today!

Tina

maybe I'm completely out of the loop with this - but why do a glucose tolerance test? I was told that they will start testing my blood sugar levels at every appt from 28 weeks b/c diabetes runs in my family. But, I got the impression it was a blood test? yikes! this glucose tolerance test sounds really unpleasant!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.