Your FAVORITE total body workouts or mishmoshes?

delphene

Cathlete
I prefer to keep my workouts an hour or under! Can you please share with me your favorite total body workouts?(if over an hour thats ok too)

They can be cathe,other instructors,premixes or your own personal mix and match workouts! (I've already tried the recommended combo of Ctx leaner legs and bodymax upper and it was FANTASTIC!)

Thanks in advance for sharing! This forum has been very helpful!
DELPHENE

Thanks for your replies!

I never heard of art of strengh providence! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll research it more.

Also, I did a mish mosh search and found some fun ideas for cardio but nothing for totalbody! If I overlooked something ,can someone please direct me?

best regards,
delphene

crossfit

Oooh this is a neat site! The kids section is unbelievable! Thanks soo much!

However, I apologize for not finding your suggestions.
Can you kindly direct me to where the total body workouts are?

To be truthful, I think the best total body workout using Cathe's DVDs comes from doing PLB, standing legs only, followed immediately by PUB. It packs a punch.

Clare

I think the original Bootcamp does a nice job of combining intense cardio and weights...I am still wiped out after this one!:)

RE: crossfit

On the crossfit website look at the WOD (Workout of the Day). Also check out the affiliate sites. My favorite is in New Jersey - the first one listed - Jersey Shore. They have some great workouts. If you don't have the equipment, just modify to fit your needs. There are lots of great workouts and information.

Im another PYRAMID lover!
Both upper and lower is great. Gets everything pretty thoroughly and can be adjusted (via heavy or lighter weights) to suit either your strength gaining or endurance needs-- and if you can keep up with them it gets your heart rate up pretty good!
I like to use it when Im either traveling and have to come up with an efficient workout at a strange gym (without Cathe right there on DVD to mindlessly walk me thorugh the whole thing :) or when I don't have much time but insist upon pushing out a workout during lunch or before work etc.

My favorite total body Cathe's:

For strengh only in order of preference:
-Muscle Endurance
-Pyramids
-Muscle Max

Bootcamp is great for cardio + resistance (it goes 1 minute cardio, 1 minute legs, 1 minute upper, 1 minute core). But it's a heart rate killer being on the floor for core and then standing up to do cardio.

For Non Cathe:

-Barry Bootcamp's Total Body (comes in a package of 5 though)
-P90x Plus Total Body (again another package deal).
-Anything by Jari Love is great except Ripped.
-Power Half Hour (Tony Horton), but it's upper body only - but easy to pair with a 30 minute lower body.

I workout 5 days a week, so I try to "plan" out my workouts. I do at least 20 minutes of abs a day then a combination of the following:

1 - cardio
2 - upper
2 - lower
or
1 - cardio
1 - upper
1 - total body
1 - lower
1 - total body

I find doing more than one step routine in a week, my knees will get achy.

I'm currently looking for more step routines to diversify my cardio. So, based on recommendations from this website, I've ordered some Amy Bento DVD's.

I love step routines, but some of Cathe's are really intense.

Barb From Vegas

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.