Your Favorite (Secret) Guilty Pleasures!

tneah

Cathlete
Ok, at the risk of becoming a total "OD" (open discussion) hoglette...but I love these favorite things, it makes you smile, cry, rent your clothing, whatever...they are fun. :7

So what are your secret guilty pleasures? Heehee. Don't be shy now.:)

Here goes:

1.Sex and the City-Love, love, love it. Own all of them, watch them all in a row every 6 months. Judge me if you will.Favorite:Charlotte

2.Friends-Love, love love it. Own all of them, watch them all in a row every year since they went off the air. Favorite: Phoebe

3.Shoes, really, really high heels/platforms-like stripper shoes-I wear them only in "special situations" of course. Frankly, they never see the light of day!:*

4. "The Girls Next Door". There is something so totally inane about this show, I cannot tear myself away from these twerps. Favorite: Bridget. Again, judge me if you will, and swear you will not tell anyone!!

5.Eating the middles out of double stuffed Oreos and tossing the rest. I have laid waste to at least 1/2 a package doing this--in less then a minute.

6.The Rabbit.BZZZZZzzzzzzz. Yep, everyone one of ya needs one.

Next.....:7

lololololol about the rabbit!

i am a friends fan also. i miss them!

my biggest guilty pleasure has got to be reese's peanut butter cups. oh man! i could eat a whole bag at a sitting. they are NOT allowed in my house. no will power to speak of!

Ummmmm. celebrity gossip. I can't resist! DH says I can tell him anything about celebrity gossip but I have to look up important stuff!!!
LD

this is going to sound really stupid but it's working out!

it's not something i generally tell people about, i do it by myself, i can't resist spending money on it, i don't know anyone else who does it, i go on a message board to talk about it ...

all qualifies as a guilty pleasure i guess!

Ronne:7

All the Bravo TV shows: Top Chef, Shear Genius, Project Runway. My DH thinks I'm nuts, but I just can't resist 'em. I'm not sure why, because I'm not much of a reality-TV watcher, but I'm a sucker for those Bravo shows.

ditto on the sex and the city..own the complete series*mmmm about time to watch it agian*

Ditto on friends,don't own them but will one day!

Andy Griffith Show...Love it,do own the first,second and third seasons! Still Hilarious after all these years!

80's movies...DH makes fun...I don't care!

CHOCOLATE CAKE,need I say more}(

Without sharing too much information...ahem... ;-)

1.) Sex & the City and Law & Order (the Jerry Orbach years) when I do watch TV which isn't much

2.) clothes and shoes...I need an addition on my house to fit them all. Imelda would be envious

3.) ice cream...I've managed to reduce it down to a kiddie cone, preferably vanilla covered in either cherry or peanut butter dip. I indulge frequently in the summer

4.) tea with cream and sugar. No "Lipton" or "Stash"(coffee drinkers think that passes for tea--blech!) and preferably not tea bag tea (Starbucks is quite tolerable however) with a dab of turbinado sugar

5.) books and music. If I could take back all the money I spent on books and music I could own a sizable vacation home in Naples, FL but alas I would not be nearly as enlightened, not have met so many interesting people, and have so many good memories filled with great tunes.

6.) hanging out of the Cathe message board. I already have met some in person and will meet more of you on the road trip. So many of you have made me laugh, taught me a few new things, challenged me to see things from a different perspective, and have been a great support network.

Ok here goes...

Sex and the City. Fabulous show! I miss it a LOT!

The Girls Next Door. I know, I know. But I feel safe admitting this here since someone already did ;-)

Smoothies. I swear I can live off these things.

Dark chocolate smothered with peanut butter. Need I say more?

These boards. Sometimes I think I'm addicted.

Girly movies (think Clueless, Legally Blond, anything with athletic female stuff, even cheerleader movies - Bring it On anyone?). I love to watch those mindless things while I'm on my treadmill.

Celebrity gossip. I never cared before but it's such a fun alternative to 'real' news. Anyone heard how Paris is doing in jail??? Kidding!:)

Oh, and I'm thinking of getting a housekeeper even though I currently don't have a job. I'm a full time student though but I would still consider that a guilty secret if it happens.

C

A glass of wine in the evening when I'm DONE with everything.

I miss Friends too. But I think Rachel and Ross should have ended up together. It didn't seemed finished to me without them together. I wanted them together!;(

Home decorating magazines. To read while I drink my wine. :D

I love "the real world" and the "challenges" on MTV. Oh, and Laguna Beach! My husband thinks I am CRAZY, but I can't get enough. I especially love when they play all day one after the other.

Sally

Here's my list:

1. Make-up - I love to buy and try different make-up. I have way too much and I only use some of it, but I love to buy anything that's new. I especially like smashbox cosmetics.

2. Chocolate - I would eat chocolate for every meal if I could - I especially like Turkey Hill Chocolate Marshmallow ice cream and brownies.

3. Workout DVDs - I get hooked on something and I have to buy everything that person has. Right now its pilates - I have bought about 10 pilates DVDs this past week. I become obsessive about it.

4. Books - I can not go into a book store without buying a couple of books. Every year I wait for our library to have their annual book sale. On the last day you can get a bag of books for $5.00. I have a bookcase of books that I have not read yet, but I still need more.

Barbara

Ummmm... yeah - Rachel and Ross DO end up together. *head scratch*

Anyway, on to guilty pleasures...

Friends - yeah, me too. Love this show. Watch it all.the.time. I know all the lines, but it still makes me laugh.

Dairy Queen Blizzards - especially the Reese's PB Cup Blizzard, made with chocolate ice cream of course :9

Nick N Willy's take-n-bake pizza www.nicknwillys.com Best.Pizza.Ever.

All things chocolate, really. Life without chocolate is very empty, indeed. Cookies, brownies, cake - it's all good. :9

1. Cokes and Pepsis (not diet)

2. Cosmetics - Especially red lipstick. I have tons of makeup. I love makeup. I can't pass up most Gifts With Purchase. I love manicures, pedicures, Chanel No. 5, etc. I use all kinds of skin care and don't have a fav! I love it all!

3. Chick Books and Chick Flicks - I know I should be reading something more substantial and I do, but sometimes I need a break from deeper reading.

4. Handbags and Shoes. (I love stripper shoes too - I have one pair that light up when you walk and I always get compliments or strange looks when I wear them)

5. Stockings and Garters. I wear both a lot!

6. Desperate Housewives, Dirt, Nip/Tuck, The Riches and The Style Channel

7. Dynasty - I have about burned a hole in my Season One DVD and was thrilled when I learned the second season is going to be released in August.

8. These forums -- I may not be the most popular person here, but this is my safe place, my source of comfort, and sharing with like minded people when it comes to Cathe and fitness in general. I am on some other forums like Depression Connection, but it can be so depressing.....

9. Do I really have to say the next one? OK, I lust after my dog's vet. He is a great vet which is honestly why I chose him. But when I saw him the first time, I thought this man is really hot! Tall, curly blonde hair, blue eyes, young (I like younger men - for me that is a man between 35 and 45), slim, athletic, and not arrogant about his looks at all.

Gosh, he is hot and I am not the only person who thinks this. One girl told me she makes up excuses to take her cat to the vet.

I don't go that far because vets are expensive!

I am happily married and my husband knows that I think the vet is hot.

I have thought about saying, "Why did you choose veterinary medicine over gynecology?"

But it just does not seem appropriate and I am way too shy to ever ask such a question if I thought it appropriate.

Cheers!

Amy

p.s. I did not know what you meant about The Rabbit. Boy am I dumb! I will just take the 5th Amendment on that one! }(

1. Oh yes! Sex and the City. I own them all as well. People know this but they probably don't know that my favorite is Samantha!

2. Betsey Johnson shoes - the higher the better, the more colorful the better! LOVE THEM!!

3. It's no secret to those around me that I love dark chocolate but I am not sure they realize that I eat it EVERY day!:9

4. Victoria's Secret. The girls at the store all know my name.:eek:

I don't mention anything athletic or fitness related because there are no secrets there!!

I forgot one: Watching my very nice looking professor teach class(medical term) :+ }(. Hes VERY distracting...everybody in class agrees! LOL..SHHHH Don't tell my DH :7 He probably wouldn't let me go back!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.