You guys are the greatest!

HipChick

Cathlete
I haven't been around in awhile but I'm back after a long hiatus. I have missed being here but I have just been overcome with life lately & found it very difficult to keep up with everything. Anyway, I just wanted to say what a joy it is to come back here & see that everyone is still here & still so supportive. You guys really are the greatest & I just wanted you all to know how much I appreciate this forum, even when I don't get a chance to log on & "talk" very much. I'm sure I have missed a lot so I'll just try to catch up as much as possible & also try not to go MIA anymore! Thanks again to each of you for being here for one another. This is truly a special group & I consider myself lucky to have found you.

Take care!:D

Kel

P.S. - Congratulations to those who succeeded in securing your spots for the Road Trip. I am jealous:p :+ ... but I am also very happy for all of you too!:7 HAVE FUN!!!

Welcome back, Kel! I was wondering where you were.

I totally agree that this is a VERY special group of fantastic women and I am so glad to be part of this forum!

By the way, how is Skippy doing?

Carola

You know...I kinda felt the same thing when I came back after my hiatus. Some people are noticeably missing (Jes and Maximus), but it's really good to see the others are hanging around.

Funny, I've seen a few people come back on and announce they're back. I just sort of silently snuck in when nobody was looking. I wonder why I do that?

Welcome back!

Oh Carola, how sweet of you to ask! He has been doing great but he's gone through a weird regression of sorts recently. For some reason, he suddenly has a problem going places in my DH's truck. For awhile, he was totally fine but within the past few weeks, he has started trembling, panting, & trying to get in our laps whenever we take him anyplace. We just thought this little setback was strange, considering that he had really started to enjoy his excursions, but I guess things like this are also to be expected with a shelter dog since we don't know his background or what he may have gone through in his life already. Other than that, he is doing great & has really started to open up in every way. He is a very loving little guy who thrives on attention & it's like he understands that we saved him, we love him, & we intend to give him the best life ever!

Thanks again for asking. How are your babies doing?

Kel

>You know...I kinda felt the same thing when I came back after
>my hiatus. Some people are noticeably missing (Jes and
>Maximus), but it's really good to see the others are hanging
>around.

Maximus is still here, I thought she just changed her screen name to LauraMax? Am I losing it now or was there a different Maximus?

Carola

That's funny, Donna. Hmmm... Maybe since you're one who has been around for awhile, off & on, you can just pick right back up where you left off & it never seems like you left at all?

Strange that so many others have slipped away & come back recently too. Glad we're all back again though & I hope everyone else returns too...

Thanks for the warm welcome back!

Kel

>Thanks again for asking. How are your babies doing?
>
>Kel

Hi Kel,

Wow that's strange, did anything happen during one of those rides or did it just come out of the blue?

Mine are doing great, happy and healthy, and VERY tired, I don't give them any breather}( But they sleep really good at night now and when I get up the backyard is not destroyed and no chewed up flip flops or sandals laying around - YES!!!

The good thing is, they are keeping me accountable too, which was the reason why I got an Aussie, so I exercise more (ahem, more like start exercising again). They sure are doing their job. They are right there at 4:30 am sticking their cold nose in my face, if I am not up by 5 am, they start pouncing on me.

My little girl, Pepper is going to have puppies in June. I am not too thrilled, but that was my agreement with the breeder. So Pepper will go back to the breeder a week before her due date and stay until the puppies are weaned. I am gonna miss my little girl :(

Take care,

Carola

Really? You know! I THOUGHT that...but was confused. When I did the picture trail, I thought she was Maximus, but the whole name thing messed with my mind.

But...A-Jock is gone. Or has SHE changed her name too?

>
>But...A-Jock is gone. Or has SHE changed her name too?

You are right, Donna, I haven't "seen" A-jock in quite a while. That's a real bummer! I always enjoyed her posts, she is so knowledgable and no-nonsense. I hope she'll be back.

Carola

Carola,

It just happened out of the blue & took us by complete surprise. But something is obviously upsetting him so we're just trying to be very patient & give him all the time he needs in order to adjust fully.

Ha-ha! I can totally relate to being awakened by a cold nose before 5 a.m. That's what Skippy does too. Oh, sometimes he'll sleep until my alarm goes off at 5:30 but he usually wakes me up before. He is also very active but tends to run around the yard & in circles around me. I'm really not sure I could keep up with him even if I tried. I guess I'll just stick with Cathe for my exercise!:p ;-)

I'm sorry your little girl Pepper will need to leave you for awhile & I know you will miss her terribly until she returns. Are you going to be able to visit her & the puppies while she's away? Is this the only litter she is required to have?

Kel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.