yoga or pilates

Didn't she have arms even before Yoga? Papa don't preach video when she got into weights? But yeah, her arms rock!!! Personally I like PY better ( KEST!!! ) and absolutely despise PUHLATEEZE. I hate that HUNDRED thing. There are pilates workouts that zero in on the abs and they are okay. But what I don't think is cool is how they say it'll shave inches off your buns and thighs...leg circles? How? By working small muscles you neglect? Say what? If I have an hour it'll go to squatting with a barbell or doing cardio not leg circles. My legs weren't fat to begin with but it takes a lot of work to keep them okay. I think it's cruel to promise women with chubby legs they'll get lean long muscles by doing matwork.

Hi mmnm ! I REALLY like Power Yoga. Since I have added it to my workout regime, I know I have gotten more muscle definition in my arms and legs. Just holding the poses takes a lot of muscular strength and endurance. If I do a really intense PY w/o, I am shaking like crazy!:D I tried Pilates a few years ago and like RACH, I never could get into it. JMHO, HTH!:7
Sherry http://www.gif-seite.de/vorschaubilder/smilies/laola.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/Peanut7

Hi Ladies,
Where do you fit in your yoga practice?In between cathe's or what?Please show me a rotation:)

Thanks!

I haven't ever tried Yoga, but I really do like the winsor pilates for the ABS & BUNS and THIGHS, their tough though, took me about 2 weeks to get the hang of them and now after 3 weeks my legs are doing much better with the stretches. I am very pleased with the pilates, may evently get the pilates for the whole body. I still do my main exercises with Cathe, just do pilates on the side now too :7 ............... Rhonda :7 :7

Rhonda,

I am interested in hearing that you like these tapes. I am looking for a lower body strength training tape that doesn't use lunges, squats, or anything similar. I have a glute injury. I have been doing Cathe's PUB, but my own thing for lower body. Maybe I will check the Windsor out.

Kathy

Sunflower,

I usually use yoga or pilates as an add-on to my Cathe workouts, usually for 15-30 minutes. In addition, I do a full 45-60 power yoga practice once a week. Here's a rotation I was doing in May:

SUN: Full Yoga (usually Bryan Kest or David Swenson Short Forms)
MON: Bootcamp
TUE: Off
WED: Muscle Endurance + last 15 min B. Baptiste Power & Precision Yoga
THU: Imax 2
FRI: PUB + last 15-30 min Baron Baptiste P&P Yoga
SAT: PLB

Sometimes I would add 30 min of cardio to my Sunday Yoga workout (usually C&W step portion).

I've always wondered what doing a yoga-only rotation would do to my strength and I just did such a rotation for 2 wks while visiting my parents, using Bryan Kest 1, 2, 3. I've been back to Cathe for a week and I find I did lose some strength. I'm sure by next week, though, I'll be back to what I was lifting previously. I plan on combining cardio/strength workouts in one day so I can add more full yoga workouts to my routine for the next 4 wks or so. I've made some good progress in my yoga practice.

Sherry,

I forgot to respond to your question about Bryan's Tone vs Sweat. I actaully have only Energize and Tone, but no Sweat. I think Tone is slightly more challenging on some poses. I did Tone tonight and feel really good. I do a Yoga tape maybe every few weeks. I still can't bring my self to do too much Yoga because I don't feel like I am working out. Don't get me wrong, I sweat, and I love the all loosened up feeling I get, but I feel like I am missing the calorie burning effects of a cardio or weight workout. I wish I could find a Yoga or pilates tape that made me burn tons of calories. I do Yoga because it works out a lot of sore areas in my body, which I have a whole lot right now. so I will be doing more Yoga than I have in the past.

Sherry, I am curious if his Yoga for Weight loss is really good.

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.