Yoga DVD? ADVANCED- Power or Vinyasa?

MeghanK

Hey Gang,
I am looking to get a good yoga DVD... I have PowerYoga by Jeanette Jenkins that is AWESOME and Cross-Train Yoga that is also pretty good....
I'm looking for something difficult in terms of flow and holds not necessarily because it involves handstands and that type of craziness.... any suggestions?

Hey Gang,
I am looking to get a good yoga DVD... I have PowerYoga by Jeanette Jenkins that is AWESOME and Cross-Train Yoga that is also pretty good....
I'm looking for something difficult in terms of flow and holds not necessarily because it involves handstands and that type of craziness.... any suggestions?
I really like all things Shiva Rea when it comes to vinyassa yoga. Her Surf Yoga soul is a nice challenging practice that is chartered so you can create longer and shorter practices.

I just bought Ultimate Yogi from Collage for about $75. My package should arrive in my mailbox by Tuesday (since tomorrow is a holiday). I am anxious to get started with it. I saw many, many positive reviews about the program and not a single negative.

I also recommend Ultimate Yogi. Those are the yoga workouts that I turn to the most. They offer discounts quite often. I would recommend purchasing directly from them. I had several DVDs that were scratched and they replaced them very easily. I bought a case like the ones Cathe uses to store them in.

Lisa

And a 4th vote for UY.
Also, I have used MyYogaWorks - online yoga streaming. Really good variety of classes from 10 mins to over an hour. You can search by type of yoga / body part / post exercise stretch (eg yoga for runners) etc. Great instructors and very, very detailed instruction.

I usually do piyo downloaded classes which are fusion.

Befit released one of Elliots Ultimate yoga workouts on youtube. Its will give you a chance to see if you like before you buy. Its a good power yoga and I've done it a few times when I want something different. I usally do youtube piyo downloads.

I thought I was just posting a link mmm well not sure how I did that LOL

I also own UY with Travis Elliot. I purchased the DVDs only after reading all the great comments posted here on the forum by Cathletes.

He certainly is motivating, inspiring and has an illustrious way of practicing yoga!
A great investment in your health, just like Cathe DVDs.

Ultimate yogi would be my first suggestion. It is an amazing experience doing UY and it is pretty advance set but if you are an advance yogi then, Deepen Your Practice is way to go cause it's more challenging then UY. I have both sets. I can do all of UY with little to no modifications but DYP, I have to modify a lot of poses cause the poses are really really advance but I love both sets Travis and Vytas are both really good.

I have been using the Udaya streaming service for the past couple of weeks. It's $12/month. Vytas, Rudy Mettia, and Travis Elliot are all instructors. There are a couple workouts from their $100+ boxed sets (UY, etc.), but not all. Great selection of workouts (lengths, difficulties, styles). Great power yoga, pose-specific practices and tutorials, restorative and yin practices, everything. You can use any search terms you want. I'm very pleased with the service so far. Plus, it's cheaper per month than a single in-person yoga class.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.