Yet another clean eating question

deanie

Cathlete
Hi All,

I am trying "clean up" my eating. I eat mostly clean but have a few questions: (and I'm not sure if its a clean eating question or a chemical free question)

* Is it better to eat dannon all natural yogert (vanilla or coffee) than a low fat yogert with all the chemicals in it?

*Is it better to eat Splenda brown sugar? or just eat less of the natural brown sugar?

It is amazing how much food has chemicals in it!! I am anxiously awaiting the opening of Roots food store in my area. It opens in June!

TIA,
Deanie

That's a really good question, Deanie. I think most people here would say that, ideally, you would want to buy plain yogurt and mix in your own fruit and a teaspoon or two of sugar, to control the sugar content. However, I am ashamed to admit, I don't do that. I buy Axelrod fat-free yogurt sweetened with aspartame and fructose. The total sugar grams are low, the calories are low, it tastes great, and it's convenient. So much for clean eating. :(

I agree w/ nancy about buying plain and doctoring it up. If you need a quick item I would always opt for the sweeter natual sugar product over chemicals. Natural over chemicals is my way.

Thanks guys- I thought that was right, but the lure of low fat is hard to resist!!

Deanie

Hey Deanie - I'm one of the floor managers at Roots in Clarksville! How cool you mentioned the new store opening in Olney! We are all very excited about it. I wonder if I've ever seen you in the Clarksville store?

Thanks for being a Roots shopper!

Doria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.