Yes I am

Tammyspq

Cathlete
Well, it's for sure - I'm about 4-5 weeks pregnant! I can't believe how crappy I feel! I'm a fitness instructor and other than my classes, I can't seem to get up the gumption to do anything else. I seemed to be plagued with all the stereotypical stuff of the first trimester - thank God for a loving, patient, nurturing husband! Any advice on keeping physically motivated? I'm mainly interested in cardio as I teach 4 BodyPUMP classes a week. Sleep has become my savior.
Yet - I'm so thrilled.

Congrats!

That's great news! Is this your first?

As for motivation, my advice is take what you can get whenever it comes. Some days you'll feel better than others, so just take it one day at a time. There'll be days/weeks where you may just have to count your BP as your cardio (I teach BP too and had plenty of weeks during my first pregnancy where that was all I mustered the energy for in a given week). The good news is that it really does get amazingly better for most women after about 12-14 weeks. I had incredible energy in the second 2/3 of my first pregnancy -- even up to the end -- and I credit a lot of that with continuing to exercise throughout.

Again, congratulations to you!

Congratulations from me too! I also had a very rough first trimester. I was very sick until about 14 weeks and also extremely fatigued. Sometimes it seems never-ending but then all of the sudden you start to feel great again! I was able to keep working out but had to reduce the frequency and intensity of my workouts alot. Now that I am in that fun second trimester I feel so great and full of energy again just like Hazel said. Hang in there and don't push yourself. Do what feels ok and know that by getting lots of extra rest time you are doing great things for the baby and yourself.

Take care,

Alison

Tammy,
Congrats! What wonderful news! I know what you mean about the lack of energy. Don't worry; you'll feel better in a month or 2, and you'll feel like your old self again. I'm at 23 weeks, and I have a lot of energy (not as much as I normally do, but close). Good luck!

Hi Tammy! Congratulation! How are you feeling these days, any better? I suggest just taking your workouts day by day. Somedays you will have more energy than others so put off your cardio workouts for those days. Suddenly (for most) somewhere around 11 weeks to 14 weeks into the pregnancy the sluggish feeling subsides quite a bit and you will feel spunky again. Hang in there!

First let me say, I feel deceitfull not having said that Tammy is not my real name but that name of all the main people in my favorite book! Next, thank you all so much for your e-mails. I've just now responded because I have finally "graduated" out of the sluggish feeling. Thank God for BodyPump classes or I'd really be in trouble. I've actually added a basic step class to my life as well. I can't wait to get to the "sexy" part of pregnancy. But I must say, the belching is a little less, the headache and nauseau are gone!

I've decided that this first time out I'm going to have a homebirth! The concept and staff seem to fit more with my demeanor. I'm still only 10-11 weeks so my hubby isn't quite as anticipatory as I am 'cause he can't see or feel anything yet. Though the nauseau is gone, I'm THRILLED to say that new, unanticipated projectile throw-up has reared it's ugly head. Talk about getting caught off guard! For all the grossness, I'm glowing and can't wait to start showing!

Sexy part of pregnancy??? LOLOLOLOLOL

I'm almost 27 weeks along in my 2nd pregnancy, and I'm still looking for the sexy part... hmmm... is it in the varicose veins? the caboose (I seem to get pregnant in my butt... tell me how this happens! LOL)? The heartburn? The big feet (mine have grown a size and a half between two pregnancies... from a size 8 to a 9 1/2)? Even the big boobs (38E both pregnancies... I'm normally a 36C) are too sensitive to be too awfully sexy. ROFL

Seriously, though, the part I love about pregnancy is the movement... and the powerful feeling that comes from creating a new life. Exercise contributes to that power... and I know from pgcy #1 that a fit postpartum body recuperates quickly, and that motherhood is amazingly feminine... so maybe that's the sexy part :0)

Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope the barfs are totally gone soon!
Susan
(Healthy Moms Certified Perinatal Instructor)

You mean Demi Moore and Cindy Crawford have duped me?! I can't believe it! I think, since it's my first, I'm anticipating feeling "sexy" to my husband who can't wait for my belly to show. And since that will probably only be of interest the first time around...hey - where did you get your certification? I'm a certified instructor and am thinking of quitting my full-time job after I deliver to teach full-time but I'd like to diversify my expertise!

Duped!

Yep, I think Demi and Cindy pulled one over on ya!! LOL

Seriously, I am 34 weeks along with my first, and my DH was just like yours at the beginning--couldn't wait for me to start showing, etc. And he did and still does find me very sexy with this big ole' belly....but trust me, *I* don't FEEL sexy, not at all. He's always commenting on how great I look,especially when I am getting undressed, but I have to choke back the laughter (don't want to hurt his feelings--he gets upset when I can't take a compliment from him) because I feel just ridiculous.

But I am very grateful that I have a husband who feels this way!! So if yours is the same, enjoy it, even if YOU don't feel very sexy... :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.