X'ers ....Wednesday Jan 10

I forgot to mention something earlier.

When doing Back and Biceps today I thought that it was unusual how much Tim was sweating just after the warm-up? Anyone else find that strange. Another odd thing -- when he went to get a different strength band you could see that his tank top was all clipped up in the back so it would be form fitting. I know that is a tv trick, I just thought it was weird to do for a man in a workout video. I am just being too critical probably, I was just glad that I didn't have to work out with Dreya this morning.

Monica

Good evening,
Just now getting on here. Finished AbX along with my poor DH. He did better this time, taking breaks and jumping in where he could. I used a 5# DB for the mason twists and made it to the end, nicer challenge there. Will try a 8#er next time for that one. DH is taking a shower right now and I still hear him groaning. The man can sure moan and groan. I also surprised him with Chest-Shoulders-Tri tonite, but a very, very short version of it. He did the warmup (normally he won't hardly warm up at all, claiming he did some physical labor sometime earlier in the day so that is his warmup, yeah right) and then did up to about 12 of the exercises, modifying the pushups quite a bit. He had shoulder surgery a year ago and I really don't want him to push himself much. He also doesn't have a lot of shoulder mobility so we go pretty easy. He did well at the tricep work though. It was a good little exercise for him. I'm hoping he'll do a modified KenpoX on Saturday morning with me, if he doesn't have to go to work. LOL, he may be volunteering to work on Saturday after tonite's workout.

Monica, my first time doing B&B I too felt like I was getting blisters. I have some biking gloves that would probably work pretty good for that, but for some reason, it wasn't an issue this morning. Hey, girl, we WILL stick together and see this thru to the end. I know what you mean about the definition without flexing. I'm getting that now. I love curvy arms. Our arms are going to look goooorgeous in tank tops this summer! Monica, no Dreya for me this morning, but I'll see her for L&B on Friday. Stuff like that really doesn't bother me much anyway. I love Tony's personality. What a goofball. Seems like Phil gets mad at him in CST (think that's the one, and tells Tony to "get out of here".

Sandra, out here on the west coast we are in for some cold weather in the upcoming days. Bums me out that this weekend I may not get to ride my bike due to temps not even getting out of the 20's. May have to go for a walk instead, which will be nice too. Great advice on the uneveness of my arms. I will start incorporating that thinking more to even things up. It's like during the bicep work, my left shoulder gives out and won't support the biceps. Does that make sense? For the rock star hops, I haven't tilted my body at all, but might think about doing that.

Little confession, what I dislike about tuck jumps is after my feet hit the ground, I feel my fat jolting on my butt a split second later. I HATE THAT! LOL!!

I'm definitely getting thru the 90 days. When I first started riding century rides with friends, it was hard to do, mentally and physically I would get tired around the 70-80 mile mark. But their resolve rubbed off on me and pulled me along. I've never yet given up on one yet, even doing tough ones by myself and don't plan on giving up on this either. This is the first time I've really made some real progress in a while and I'm riding this horse to the end! I know all my Cathe workouts are still sitting in the cabinet and will be there, but I'm also reminded of how frustrated I was at not eating much, working out for hours and hours (it seemed), not resting much, and definitely not getting leaner or lifting more.

Gayle, good workout for you today. I haven't used 20's for bicep work yet, but need to challenge myself the next time. Okay, I promise to at least try them on a couple that I'm doing 16 reps on. That jump from 15# to 20# is a doozy for me. I noticed that Dreya is slacking on her weight work too LOL! Gayle, I work at a State Prison for men in northeastern California. I sit at a computer keyboard almost all day long, married 27 years with 3 grown kids. I used to really be into horses and about 6 years ago, got into cycling. I'm a cycling nut now. DH and I love to go camping and really, anything outdoorsy.

Traci, glad you were able to find something to get you more enthused. I hate to say it, but a lot of us here sure feed off of your motivation and enthusiasm. Glad you liked the new Master Series. I may think about getting that one too. I'll be looking for more reviews from you. Could you send me the spreadsheets? My email is [email protected]. Thanks so much.

X, so far, I haven't felt like subbing anything except YogaX (have that tomorrow, or will have Bryan Kest, anyways). I agree though that if motivation is waning, do something else. It's all good. It should be fun! I think we're all learning why this rotation works and we'll make smarter choices in the muscle confusion department. I think the Master Series is in the future for me. Must do some more reading about it.

Aschendell, how cool to get some new clothes! That trip sounds really, really wonderful. Hope you get that stretch in and KenpoX in tomorrow. Thanks for the congrats on the upper body def for me. DH doesn't usually make too many comments so I was pleased. I like my Bryan Kest videos too. Love his philosophy on doing yoga.

Tracy, I'm with you on YogaX. It's Bryan or Eoin or Shiva or somebody tomorrow, but not Tony. I think part of it is it's just so repetitive in the beginning and long. 90 minutes is tough for me.

Got to go now. See you all in the AM.

Jeanette :7 :7 :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.