X'ers Check In 12/19 TUESDAY!

Hi all,

I finished plyox and I felt really good. I’m trying hard to land softly, engage my core, and go as deep as I can without stressing my knees. I started by doing jacks or running while Tony was talking, but by the third round that goes out the window. I think it compromises my performance. I have back and biceps for tomorrow, for me, that is a hard workout. I hope that my forearms don’t feel like they are going to explode again.

Lea – I used to always workout early and on an empty stomach. I cannot do that with these workouts. I have to have the fuel and I find that a steady flow of food works better for me than bigger meals.

X – I love core syn. It gave me the most doms in my core that I’ve ever had.

Debra – I have to do arx first or at another time in the day. I have no mental energy to tack it on at the end. I’m glad that you had a revelation about kenpox. If I perceive it as a core upper body workout, I get so much more out of it. I too have to work on the blocks. I think I probably look pretty stupid doing the star blocks, but I’m working on it.

Traci – No wonder you are sore and tired after that marathon workout yesterday. I couldn’t figure out how you could possibly add on to ch/sh/tri. I fought the urge to add more cardio to plyox. I just don’t want to pay for it tomorrow.

Jeanette – Sorry you struggled through the workout. I went out to run one day early in phase two and thought I was going to die…..I hit a major wall last Monday and had to eat extra just to get through ch/sh/tri. If nothing else, this program has made me realize the intricate connection between performance for aerobics and weight lifting and diet. I will load up on the protein tomorrow for my weight work tomorrow night. Otherwise, I’ll never increase the weights. I’ve never eaten so much. I commented on the calorie burn a little while ago. With what I am eating, I must be burning up something!

Monica – I love those run squat 180s. I can really engage my core to help me turn. I just love it when I’m working more than one body part at a time. Funny, my dogs lay all around my workout mats too.

Sandra – I agree with you on the abs. If mine aren’t rock hard by the time this is over they never will be. I’m really finding that the stronger the core gets, the more efficiently I can work other parts of the workout. Last night when I was trying to go heavier on one of the overhead tricep exercises, I tightened my core and was able to complete a few more reps. I think that the core is a huge factor in ch/sh/tri. The variety of pushups and exercises really require a lot of core stabilization.

Buffy – Glad you feel better and were able to catch up on your workouts. Strength for pushups builds fairly quickly, you’ll be on your toes for the entire time sooner than you think.

Gayle – I’m doing classic, I didn’t buy their products, but I do drink a recovery drink after almost every workout. Without a recovery drink, I would not be able to perform the next day. I plan to start another rotation a couple of weeks after I finish this one, and add in more consistent extra cardio.

Happy Holidays to all,

Tracy

Tracy...glad you had fun with Plyo. And I hope your forearms don't explode tomorrow either!! May be difficult to open presents after that!!

Gayle...I am doing classic, I don't have their products, but I need to add a recovery drink of some sort, I am taking vitamin supplements, but I get mine at GNC, I will be mid rotation when you get started...but Surely I will have all the kinks worked out by then and should be able to give some advice (hopefully!) I will be interested to see Sandra's response about recovery drinks too!

Traci...I have my stats on my pull ups too, but I won't post those yet!!! I have found that keeping up with stats helps me work harder on sections that I don't like much (like push ups!)

Monica....Good luck with Kenpo on Sat

Buffy...Congrats on making it work for your push ups!!!

Merry! Merry!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi all,

Great posts here tonite. I'm late getting on. Had to grocery shop after work. Then I had to touch up paint the living room where DH had been doing some touch up sheetrock work and I was out of the old paint so had to make a trip to Walmart. I finished painting and am bushed. I'll do some more cleaning tomorrow. Have my sister coming to stay on Friday so I've got to get this stuff done.

Sorry, I'd like to post more personals but just no time. I love what everyone is adding to this terrific check in. I'm learning so much. I'll try to do better tomorrow, but can't guarantee it.

Everyone is inspiring my soooo much! What a great group.

Good night :) :)

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.