X'ers 12/30 Last Saturday of 2006!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning all X'ers! Hope Friday evening was filled w/ good stuff for everyone! I'll be back with personals from yesterday after I pour another cup of coffee! I have my priorities straight dont I? lol

Official REST day before Phase 3 begins tomorrow so will do an hour of Cathes Stretch Max.
:7 :7 Official 8 week Stats are in for me this morning....drum roll please....
Weight: Down 4#:7
BF%: Down 5%:7 :7
Chest: Down 2.5":7
Waist: Down 2.0":7
Hips: Down 1":7
Thigh: Down 1.5':7

Overall I am VERY pleased! My Thighs havent slimmed at all in several years so this is a huge factor for me in learning what works & doesnt for my body.
I am lifting every exercises 4-6 pounds heavier than ever! Feeling re-energized after doing measurements so the next 4 weeks I will really push myself!

Back in a few!

thats great traci!!! wow, I hope to have those results. My thighs too are stubborn to slim down. I noticed that p90x however doesnt seem to have alot of cardio in it, even the doubles rotation really doesnt have alot of cardio. I am surprised by this. also, he has you only lifting once a week per body part. people are getting great results by this. I always thought you needed to lift 2-3x week for results. this is going against everything I thought you where sup;pose to do for great results. I am nervous about this. I trust all of you though. again, great results!

Laura:
Thanks for congrats! I too am learning that to accomplish my goals I have pretty much been doing everything OPPOSITE of what my body responds to.... OH WELL! At least we are healthy on the inside and NOW we can get busy on the outside!

BUFFY:
I may just go looking for one of those neck pillows! I have tried the past year to sleep on my back EXACTLY because of the puffiness/wrinkle factor lolol... maybe this neck thing is my real motivation!! I do all Banana stuff at my own pace as well! I try to focus on form so the crews pace isnt possible for me. I also have to keep re-positioning myself as my workout space doesnt allow for more than 1 each direction! I NEED a dang studio to w/o in! Enjoy your DOUBLES today!

LEA: LOLOLOL Where on earth do you find these golden moments in Dreyas life! I gotta say I liked the song! TOO MUCH FUN! Must say I didnt think the voice matched face... Funny how we always have a preconceived notion of that stuff! ANYWAY- I am so happy your energy is returning... I think you so just needed your break... Enjoy your YOGAX... I still snicker when I read that people actually LIKE yoga! I had to lol at your 2 weeks out of month "normal".. my DH said that the past 2 years with peri have gotten so severe he feels like I am the woman he married for 2 weeks every month...the other 2 I am like a bad twin sister house guest that he hopes will just go home! lolol HE's RIGHT! Regarding postings after P90X.... I am on Weight Watchers Checkin although I havent done anything WW-er-ish in 5 months... I just REALLY love the gals over there and they let me stay! As far as this group... I so want to follow everyones progress so unless I get kicked out I will still read/reply (if its OK w/ group)> I think that X is the last one starting so I'll follow her through and then probably bow out until I do my next round.

JEANETTE:
Hooray on a great Core Syn w/o! Almost at Ph 2...are you getting butterflies yet???? As much as I love/Need recovery week I also get very excited like a kid about to open a Xmas gift just before a new phase! We are sick sick sick people!
On P90 grads... Pam the Blam is mentioned as a grad... What I want to know is how long after the P90X program did they film? remember how people were posting that definition in women wasnt what they thought it would be? I wonder if thats why... If ya graduate and dont keep up the lifting regularly then eventually the results diminish a bit... (although I dont think theres a thing wrong w/ any of them!)

TRACY:
I sure miss you in the early am's! Is it a new holiday schedule or are you just not jumping on directly out of bed anymore? So glad for you and your run! I know that true runners need that particular form of a rush or it causes a "caged up" feeling...is that true for you as well?

SANDRA:
Your entire day sounds like HEAVEN ! I am so happy you were able to get some golden moments w/ your family yesterday. Life just gets so busy... we all need to stop and do that for ourselves. Hooray on sweetie pie feeling better...Yes it does sound that life w/ a baby is forever "something". You're a great mom to take it all in stride. Have a wonderful YOGA day... & YES I agree Core Syn is extremely taxing!
You are so observant about Tonys crew .... You are right on target about the mix of people! I bet $$ that you are the first in group to find VooDoo Doll! I think we should make a t-shirt for the first spot of the group! lolol - Shoot I'll play any game if I get a lousy T-shirt out of it!

FOX2- Monica-Stephanie- Debra- & all else I missed: Have a wonderful day and if any of you will be MIA until after the first...HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR! Be safe too!
Catch up w/ ya all later... DH banging around putting up Xmas stuff... ITS 6:30 for lords sake!

Morning Xers:

Today will be a yoga workout. May do one of my other Bryan Kest yoga workouts.

Traci, I am just soooo impressed by your stats!!! Very, very impressed! 2" on the waist? All I can say is WOW!!! You go girl!!!!! You are an inspiration to all of us on here.

I am excited about Phase 2 and hoping I start to see some more changes. Today I'm feeling a bit puffy. I had a few bites of Chinese food yesterday, which always puffs me up big time, and also did the bike ride, so today I'm going to be flushing the water like crazy.

Got to go, will be back later after Yoga.

Jeanette

Hi x'ers!

I'm popping in to see results, I'm stunned...TRACI that is fabulous. I heard someone is down 6% in body fat, I can't wait for phase 2 it starts monday for me...and I can only pray for results like you guys!!!

Keep bringing it!!!

Jeanette...chines food does that to me to...even food without msg..

Ok, off to yoga x!

AMber:) :)

Hi all,

Today I have yoga x, which I will do because I subbed Brian Kest on Monday. Core syn was hard last night after the run, but I was able to do the same number of reps and use same weights as earlier in the week. Ttom is approaching and I find myself reaching for the salt shaker and grabbing snacks as I cook. I hate that feeling……

Traci – I’m off work this week, which plays havoc with my regular routine. That’s why I’m posting a little later. Congratulations on the new stats. That is so impressive. I didn’t take any at the start of this, but will for the start of my next rotation. I hope the neck is better. It seems that with age we all get some sort of injury that we have to be careful of.

Jeanette – I’m not sure how to balance the endurance /weights / cardio mix. I know that I was doing way too much cardio last spring and summer. After I read your post, the cardio on the bike is probably plenty plus maybe one other step session (that has a purpose) and then weight work to keep the muscles lean and fit. I am really going to rethink the running that I was doing and substitute more cycling. For me running really tears down the hard earned muscles and always leaves it feeling sort of saggy and mushy. Cycling doesn’t seem to do that. What about thinking about the weight work as the base of training and then layering on the cardio for aerobic fitness or during biking season, cardio as a base and layering on weights for maintenance? I really think that my problem was that I didn’t have a goal for my training and many days I was working out just to work out.

Sandra – Core syn is hard. I like it because it works the whole body in a non-traditional way. I hate traditional floorwork and never do it.

Laura – I think that the one thing that most of us have learned is that you can loose weight and/or become more fit with less cardio. It’s quite a revelation.

Happy workouts to all,

Tracy

LEAN/Phase 1/Week 4/Day 4

Hey everyone! Yeah, I guess it is the last Saturday in December, huh? Well, I want to thank everyone for the encouraging words about my Core Synergistics fiasco Thursday. It really helps when others have gone through the same thing! I did KenpoX yesterday and it went much better. I don't have a HRM, but I was definitely sweating by the end of the workout, and I feel like my moves are tighter and my form is better. Today, it's X Stretch. I haven't done this one yet, so could anyone let me know how long it is? I think my body could use a really good stretch. I was pretty excited yesterday, though, because I got on the scale for the first time in probably 3 weeks and I lost 2#! Considering I have been eating horribly because of the holidays, I find that amazing. P90X must be like magic!

Traci - OMG! Your stats are amazing! After only 2 Phases, your body fat is down 5%? I can't wait to see what you get after Phase 3!!!! If I could get my thighs down that much, I would be a happy camper indeed. Also, I'm happy to hear that you plan on staying with us until we all "graduate" from the program. It definitely wouldn't be the same here without you! I am also excited about starting a new Phase! I'm so thrilled that after this recovery week, I can finally turn the page on my rotation manual. LOL! YOu're right, we are sick, sick, people. My DH will agree with that statement, since he thinks I'm crazy that I like to spend my free time previewing new workout videos!

Jeanette - Hope you have a good yoga workout. I'm not familiar with Brain Kest. What are his yoga workouts like? I'll be entering Phase 2 soon, too, so I'm looking forward to seeing some serious results after that phase. That is, if I survive it! :)

Tracy - Yeah, someone else on this check in likes Core Synergistics! I struggled with it last time, but I still really like it, for the same reasons you stated. I thought I was the only one!:) I'm just getting over TTOM and since doing P90X, my body actually felt better, even though I was scarfing chocolate and sweets like I usually do. You are right, too, when you said that we can lose weight and become more fit with less cardio. I didn't realize that either until doing this program.

Laura - My thighs are my WORST area, too! Nothing seems to work on them. I didn't take any measurements before starting P90X, but I'm hoping this program can do something for my thighs. I don't have the best eating habits in the world, but I'm trying to improve, which I have heard will help the situation. I am becoming a believer in the more weights, less cardio, too. It has really been a revelation for me, because I've been working really hard on Cathe's cardio which is very high impact and supplementing with weights. My knees and other joints hurt a lot, but I felt that was the only way I could get results. Don't get me wrong, I love Cathe, and miss her, but after P90X, I'll probably do more weights (plan on ordering the Gym Style series) and do 2-3 days of step cardio. Someone said earlier it's "working smarter, not harder." I was very skeptical, but it is working! Cool, huh?

Sandra - I would love to go ice skating! Do you live in a part of the country where you can do this often? I'm in Kansas, and our winters rarely get cold enough to freeze anything. Right now, it's going to be in the upper 40's and low 50's. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cold weather (until my daddy takes my T-bird away - a little line from Core Syn, remember?) You found the VooDoo doll? I must have missed that post! Where? In what workout? I'm usually so busy gasping for air, I don't notice anything but the time ticking away at the bottom of the screen.

Amber - Have fun doing YOgaX today! It's one of my favorites! I start Phase 2 on Wednesday. Let me know how it's going next week. I'm kind of nervous about the intensity of it, but excited to turn the page on my P90X manual. LOL!

Well, I'll check back later. Got to go shopping with DD today!

Stephanie

Good morning!

Traci - AWESOME results!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! Are your skinny pants starting to hang off you now? I guess I'm supposed to retake my measurements today or tomorrow, since I start Phase II on Monday, but I'm really nervous to. If I don't see any change, it might destroy my motivation. I know I was down a couple of pounds before Christmas combined with my Recovery Week. Now I'm thinking there's no way I'll still be down, and since I haven't done ARX for a week, my stomach doesn't feel as flat. Grumble, grumble. Just shut up and do it, right? I love the t-shirt idea! I'm a bit of a collector, too! But I doubt I'll be the first voodoo doll spotter. I rarely look at the tv for more than a minute at a time during a workout. I'm too busy just trying to figure out what I'm doing! Plus, I worked out for years first thing in the morning, before putting my contact lenses in, and learned to rely more on my hearing than my sight during a workout. And so much of Tony's stuff has us facing all different directions. Nope, I'll have to save that honour for someone else. Just as an aside, I remember doing Cathe's Legs & Glutes one day, for the thousandth time, but this day for some reason I happened to glance up at the tv at a different moment than I usually do, and caught Cathe doing the funniest bum wiggle. I've never been so surprised, or laughed so hard at a workout video in my life. So I wonder what other things I miss by relying on my hearing more than my vision? I hope you meant to write that DH was putting DOWN Xmas stuff?

Jeanette - I'm feeling a bit puffy these days, too. I guess ARX is key to keeping us trim, huh? Enjoy your yoga today!

Amber - you're not the only one starting phase 2 on Monday. Great way to start off the new year!

Tracy - CoreSyn after a run - wow!! I like your advice to Jeanette. I don't think we can have it all, at the same time. It's a lot of back and forth, I think. Over time, this approach will layer on some toned, dense muscles while keeping our cardiovascular systems healthy.

Stephanie - I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, so yes, this kind of cold weather is typical for us. Many of our parks have outdoor skating arenas, free for all to use. We just moved to a brand new subdivision on the edge of the city, and instead of arenas, they have small ponds scattered around. They're nicely frozen and fun to skate on. They also build sledding hills in our parks. Can you tell we live where the winters are 2x as long as the summers? Nope, I haven't found a voodoo doll yet (see my message to Traci). Where are you going shopping today? What are you going to buy? XStretch is an hour, and is just wonderful. It doesn't have the intensity of YogaX; just relaxing stretching. I will be using this one for years to come.

Well, time to go YogaX it. My right wrist and forearm is talking to me today. It's been bothering me more and more since I started P90X (perhaps it's all the TYPING I've been doing?). I'm pretty sure it's all the pushups. Maybe I should start using dumbells during push ups. I'm not sure how well I'll be doing the push ups in YogaX today. I might have to skip them (aw shucks...). BTW, am I the only one who has to wear weight gloves during the Yoga workout due to having sweaty hands and sliding during all the DownDogs? I wore them during CoreSyn yesterday for the same reason; my yoga mat gets slippery when my hands get sweaty.

We have company coming over this afternoon for a visit and dinner. Then tonight DD#1 and I are having a "sleepover" together. She's going to sleep in my room tonight, and we are going to go to bed early, read books and play some games until we can't stay awake anymore. I'm looking forward to it!

Have a great day,
Sandra

Classic/Phase II/Week 4 recovery/Day 6

Hi all!! I did yoga X today and it was "gorgeous", well, except for the ab part. Maybe because I did Core yesterday I couldn't seem to hold the poses for very long. My legs were wobbling like rubber bands. Anyone have that problem??? Tomorrow is rest day and darn it, I am going to rest. I am tired of stretching now. Ready for the hard work to come back!! }(

Traci - You are the bomb. Look at those stats!!! Way to go girl! I recommend the neck pillows too which I got at Relax the Back Store. Every time my neck gets a kink in it, I sleep on that pillow and it is gone the next day. Tis amazing. Glad you enjoyed Dreya's vocals. Is there anything that woman can't do??? I would like to hang out here too after we graduate from the X. Maybe we could write down what we are doing during our break with the X and see if our results continue. Might be interesting. But March baby, I'm definately back here with ya ;-) .

Janette - Good morning to you. You brave woman cycling in that temp. Being a Southern California gal, 35 is darn cold. Now I know how much you really love cycling. I hear you on not increasing your time for workouts. How crazy was I thinking that you needed to workout 2 hours a day and get results??? I guess it is all a learning process. Have a great time doing yoga, whichever you decide to do. I think that you are going to love phase II. It is a challenge.

Amber - Why I ought ta!! You are too silly. Thanks for the laugh. I think you will be surprised at your results during phase 2. Enjoy it. Have fun with yoga too. Jeeze, must be yoga day for everyone. Well, almost everyone.

Tracy - Good luck with dealing with the dreaded ttom. I hate that feeling too. I think that Core Syn. is always hard for some reason. Probably because he jumps from one exercise to the next without really any break. And the more you think about form, the harder it gets.

Stephanie - Have a great time with X Stretch. IMO, it is a fantastic stretch workout. Have fun shopping with your DD today.

Sandra - Hi. Skating sounds like fun. I am sure that it was a blast. Have a blast doing yoga.

Hi to anyone else that I missed. Only two more days of unhealthful eating for me and then I am back on the wagon and clean up my act. Tomorrow is my son's birthday, so I just have to eat the cake!! LOL. Have a great day everyone!!

Lea

Good morning again,

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 4/DAY 6 (Recovery Week)

Yoga today was by Bryan Kest - #3 Sweat. I liked it a lot, love the music and the pace of this workout. I enjoy everything about Bryan's yoga. Just couldn't bring myself to do YogaX. Sorry.

Traci, amazing stats for you! Has your DH noticed, other people commented? Again, way to go, and thanks for all your help. We all appreciate it greatly. I am excited and ready to go to work on Phase 2.
From what I've seen the women aren't that "cut" on P90X, but then I keep wondering where they've come from initially. They all look fine and fit and that's what matters anyway.

Amber, you are too funny with your Dreya comment, "Flies thru..." Hey, what is it in Chinese food that makes us swell up so? I really only had a few bites. I can barely get my hand around my wrist this morning.

Tracy, good idea on having a training plan for my cycling. I was thinking the same thing, to use my cycling as most of my cardio and doing more weight work during the week. I think you're spot on with that one. I tried running last year, but I think I rushed into it too fast and started to have aching hips, ankles, knees, and was worried it would affect my cycling so I just quit. It just doesn't hold the fun factor for me of cycling.

Stephanie, I enjoy XStretch myself. I hope you do too, whereas I don't really enjoy YogaX (yet). I think Bryan Kest is more "Zen" in his yoga practice, though not way more. It just seems more peaceful to me. Also, I like the things that Bryan says about our reasons for doing yoga and our ego and such. Not sure if he has clips on his website or not. Maybe someone else can chime in. I remember when I went from my beginning Yoga Zone Power Yoga video to his, it was a big jump and I'd sweat like crazy trying to hold poses. Another thigh problem person here too. Don't think I've gone down in inches, but it seems less loose. I'm definitely hoping for more improvement. I too am excited to turn the page in the manual. Think I will go to Phase 2 eating also. I'd like another carb serving a day for sure.

Lea, good for you for doing YogaX. You're a better woman than I am today. So you have gone thru Phase 2 yourself? Did you experience more change (results) in this phase? I'm really trying to trust the process. I hope to have pictures taken soon for 30 days. Maybe I'll be able to see a change (hoping, hoping). Enjoy your son's birthday and have a piece of cake for me too!

Sandra, that sleepover with your DD sounds great. Bet you and she will really enjoy it. I'm not real enthused about my measurements right now due to the puffiness. I've already had a few glasses of water and hoping to speed flush it. Do you have any idea why Chinese Food makes us so puffy? Is it the MSG? I only really had like a few bites of it and had done pretty well in my eating the rest of the day.
Sorry about your wrists bothering you. Maybe using the DB's for the pushups will help. We sure do a lot of pushup type moves in yoga, Core Syn, Chest & Back. I haven't seen the voodoo doll yet either, but I haven't really been looking. I do most of the workouts without looking anyway.

BBL,

Jeanette

Hi to all...Just popping in to make sure all is well with everybody. Sorry I don't have time for personals today...but just wanted to say I was cracking up with the Dreya and Tony posts! Also..Traci...great job with your stats!!!!!!! I know you must be psyched! I am either going to do Kenpo or Yoga today. My DH has a haircut appointment this afternoon....so I'll try to gage how long I have may just do part of yoga and then Kenpo tomorrow. Since I know I will probably take a rest day on the first.

Happy New Year to All!!!! And thanks to all for the well wishes!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Classic / phase 2/ week 4 / day 6

Jeanette - You are almost persuading me to do Brian Kest today. I think I need some Zen today. I swore I was going to do yoga x, but I could really use the hip sequence that Kest does in 3. I'm so tight from that running yesterday and for the first time my joints hurt last night; that's not good. I may do the second one and then add the hip sequence of 3. When I was doing yoga regularly a while ago I got really good results using Kest and Shiva Rea.

Sandra – I have to be really careful with my wrists; anything that requires hand placement for the wheel and I have to modify. I just don’t bend that way. Dumbbells or pushup handlebars should help you. I haven't stretched the forearms enough during phase two and I think they are actually tigher. How's the dissertation going?

Lea – When my legs are tired they wobble too. I had some wobbling in core syn on the lunges last night and sometimes with yoga x. Although in phase 2, my arms took a beating and always were shaking during yoga x.

Stephanie – Glad to hear that the scale was good to you. I don’t do scales anymore because I was a slave to the scale for years. Now I just use the mirror and my clothes. I seem to be able to deal with that better. Plus it’s always difficult to get past the increase in weight due to muscle thing.

Tracy

Hi everyone,

Sorry I couldn't check in yesterday, did Yoga X in the morning and it went really well. It was my third time doing it but I noticed much improvement in many of the postures.

Today is Legs & Back and ARX-- my hamstrings are pretty sore from Yoga X, but I'll just do my best.

Sorry, no time for personals right now, I'll be back later though!

Monica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.