worst insanity move

kariev

Cathlete
which insanity workout move do you hate/dread the most b/c its just so difficult for you. For me its definately power jumps. I don't know what it is but they are so hard for me and i feel like I weight 1000lbs trying to jump high especially when we are supposed to do in for 45 seconds in the 2nd month of workouts.

Power jumps for me too. I feel like I have a lead bottom. I've learned to watch myself in the mirror instead of the people in the workout. I concentrate on the deep squat and power up. I'm way slower than they are but I really feel it working my lower body.
I took the second fit test and I scored higher on everything BUT those darn power jumps:(. I actually scored one rep lower:eek::eek:.

I dont like when we have to go down to the floor do push ups and then get back up and repeat that. I just doesnt feel right.

I like power jumps or any of the jumping moves. If you focus on the core muscles to pull you up instead of the legs you'll get up much higher.

I hate the heimans. I know it's suppose to be a simple move but I hate them. I not getting something right about them.

I also do not like any of the push ups that come after a stand up move. For some reason:p my energy is zapped and I can't get enough of them in.

I hate the plyo circuit push ups, ski jumps and jump in and outs. Don't know why this is so hard. The moves themselves are fine but I tell you by the third round I am DEAD!

The Switch Kicks !!! I can't get through them without stopping. They are the only thing I didn't improve on in my second fit test.

I have an old hamstring injury so I am not a fan of anything where one lunges to touch the floor, so suicides, "hit the floor" are my least favorite moves.

Brenda

Ski Abs. It may not be the actual move so much as the fact that they come near the end of the Plyo workout....so by the time we get to them, I am already wiped out.

It would be hard for me to pick. One day a move seems near impossible to me and the next day it seems easy (okay none of the moves seem easy) but you know what I mean.

The ones that seem the toughest most often though are the power jumps. I just can't get my knees very high on those. :eek: For some reason the twist squat floor jacks are hard (where you do a jumping jacks and touch your right hand towards left foot and vice versa). I usually struggle with those. I just haven't found my "muscle memory" with the move itself.

Oh I forgot frog jumps. I laugh everytime I'm struggling and moving super slow and look up to see just about everyone else stopped and gasping for air. It also makes me feel soooo much better.

Last edited:
I am not a huge fan of the power jumps, but I can struggle through them all right.

Being push-up challenged, it is, of course, the Level 1 and Level 2 drills with push-ups that kill me. I have actually substituted terminator climbers for them a few times, since TCs feel so much easier to me. Push ups. Yuck.

ex husbands

Four years ago my husband left me and my three children and we hav'ent seen him since. Things have been hard over the years but we are getting by.One of the reasons for leaving was that he felt i was Excersizing to much and that my body became to muscular for his taste so he chop me in for someone eles.
The stupid thing is even though i still workout i don't do the heavier weights and i am very senisitive of my body becoming overly musculer, I am 5"6 and have always waighed 9 stone so i am not bulky and never have been. Cathes got some brillient weighted workouts and i really want to do them. But i am not sure men really like women muscular. I know i should just be myself but i am finding really hard, any advise would be appreciated.

Four years ago my husband left me and my three children and we hav'ent seen him since. Things have been hard over the years but we are getting by.One of the reasons for leaving was that he felt i was Excersizing to much and that my body became to muscular for his taste so he chop me in for someone eles.
The stupid thing is even though i still workout i don't do the heavier weights and i am very senisitive of my body becoming overly musculer, I am 5"6 and have always waighed 9 stone so i am not bulky and never have been. Cathes got some brillient weighted workouts and i really want to do them. But i am not sure men really like women muscular. I know i should just be myself but i am finding really hard, any advise would be appreciated.

first off i'm really sorry you went through that. what a JERK!!!! I think one of the hardest things to do in life is just be happy with ourselves and not worry about what others think. I can understand your concerns about getting too bulky. There are many of us on this forum that struggle with this. You need to work on your selfesteem and learn to love you no matter what size you are. There are also many men out there that find a strong muscular body very sexy so don't base yourself on one stupid man's opinion. Plus you need to be strong and healthy for your children. Getting support on this forum is great. You will find all kinds of support on here. If you need anything don't hesitate to post. There are some wonderful women on this forum.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.