Workout Warriors Sept... and Back into It!

Heather that's really not a very pretty visual :p

No workout this morning. I had DH massage my shoulder and neck last night and he didn't even do it hard and now it's back to be really sore again. So, I didn't sleep well. Sparty needed to go out at 5 and I moved to the couch so I could sleep propped up. Then DH got up and instead of taking his shower first, which would have let me sleep longer, he makes muffins. I fed the dog and then after he showered and dressed I went back in the bedroom thinking I could sleep until the boys got up. Then after I've dozed off he comes back in needing a tie. For which of course he has to turn on the ceiling light to see. :rolleyes: He leaves and I doze and less than 1/2 an hour later, Nick is up and in the shower which is just on the other side of the wall from my head! But, at least he was clean.

Twelve is such a fun age. Nick's desk is in his room, so I pop in and out when we change subjects and while he's working and when he needs me he's supposed to just call "Mom." He's been trying to learn to whistle and started whistling for me. To which I explained that I don't come for whistles - not being a dog! Sometimes he'd do it right, sometimes he'd forget and whistle. So, yesterday I told him again that he needed to call me properly. So, a little later what do I hear. "PROPERLY!" I go in and he says - smirking "You told me to call you Properly." :rolleyes:

This morning he's down stairs and yells up because the VCR isn't accepting the tape. I say to Derek "why do I always have to deal with the problems" Derek basically responds with - because Moms fix things and you're the Mom. Oh, how true that is!

Compared to yesterday it is sunny and it's supposed to be around 70 for our afternoon at the park. Yay!

Well I'm partially out of commission. If I sleep decent tonight, I'll do cardio tomorrow. My neck was really bad again last night, and so I called and got in to see my Dr. this morning. He adjusted my upper back (under left shoulder blade) and my neck. Felt better as soon as he did it. The area is tender, but I'm hopeful the problem is taken care of now. No weights until Monday, but I'm contemplating putting them aside until I get back from FL and just doing the exercises in the "Core Performance" book and cardio. Or another option would be doing the overall body exercises in the "Pain Free" book I have to really make sure everything is back in proper alignment before I pick up the weights again.

I managed to squeak my workout in this morning but I am still on the fly as the MIL is coming and my house is a horrid mess. I got my work done last night about midnight though so I am very relieved!

WU: Usual
WO: High Volume Swings 16kg
10 of each unless Tracey R's roundabout then 40
R, L, H2H, 2 Handed, Roundabout 20 sec rest
H2H R H2H L Roundabout 1 min rest
Roundabout R H2H L H2H 20 sec rest
Roundabout L H2H R H2H 1 min rst
Now 20 of each
H2H R L 2Handed 1 min rest
2handed H2H 20 sec rest
2handed H2H 1 min rest
Then 10 again
H2H, R, H2H, L, H2H
Total Swings 530 Time 23.16

CO: 13:54 sec 3 Rounds
Airbourne lunges (knee onto step) 10/10
Ball Roll Ins 10/10
ATG (step 2 risers) 10
Ab wheel rollouts 10

Cathy - I really hope that your neck feels better!!! That totally sucks!

Gotta run and get cleaning!!!
Heather

My shoulder blade area definitely feels better. The neck is better, but still feels tight and got sore during the night, but not nearly what it had been doing.

This morning I wanted to do something, so I did the cardio from C&W.

Nick who has played basketball the last two years, is wavering and wants to play soccer. Jumping in at 12U soccer with nothing, but a short season of rec ball at least 4 years ago, and a best friend that he plays with for fun, is not the easiest thing. There's a place in Lansing with indoor soccer seasons over the winter that you can get on as an individual with no tryouts, so we are looking at that. About 35 minutes away, but then his basketball team was playing 50-60 minute away games, so it actually would be better than that! He knows enough about soccer and is athletic enough to do ok.

Hey Guys

I think our check-in is falling apart... Maybe we should join another group that is more populated?

It has been really good while we were going, but as injuries and life have taken their toll we are here less and less.

What do you guys think?

I did a 500 rep Kettlebell workout today, that totally kicked my butt and then a 27 min barefoot run. I am going to do some serious stretching before bed! and get a good nights sleep!

Hope all is well
Heather

Morning Kettlebella's

Last night I got a terrible nights sleep, DH worked late and work me up when he came to bed and the he was freezing! DS (6) woke up twice too. I had to make myself get up this morning but I am glad I did! It's always feels way more productive to get my workout in before the day starts ... then there is not guilt! So today was a mish-mosh of a ETK, Body Rock and myomy!
WU: Hip and ham openers - really tight from yesterday and the usual
WO: TGU's 5 min 16kg bell - 4/4
CO: Part 1 5:20 sec
30 Long jump forward, two jumps back, dynamic push-up
Part2 5min 20on/10 off
High Knees Jump Rope/ Skier Jump Rope
Part 3: 2:18
30 Side plank crunch then straight plank with two knee tucks
Part 4 10min AMRAP
5 Pull-ups, 5 Dips with feet on Ball, 5 Leg Raises off Ball, 5 Ball Pikes, 5 Burpees (no push-up) 3 Rounds in the end

The workout at the end could have been harder but I tried to keep my speed up. I am going to do some Jill Miller tonight and see if I can't get some more tightness out. The foam rolling helped last night but...

Anyways - Hope all is well with everyone!
Cheers
Heather

Hi Heather,

I really hate to give up on this check-in, though it has definitely been dwindling!

I was gone most of Saturday and Sunday, which meant that yesterday was reconquer the house day. Fun stuff. :rolleyes: Had fun up at the field Sunday, even though Nick's team lost. They were playing the other team from the club. The one who got all the pitchers and catchers. :rolleyes: But, the kids all know each other so there was lots of chatter back and forth. Good natured stuff. And then we hung around the rest of the day and I helped in the concession stand. The boys were off playing games with friends and the younger group including Derek have started a fort in the woods. Do not envy their coach next year. :p

I took Saturday and Sunday off and then did yoga/stretching yesterday for a little over an hour. This morning was Step Moves. I'm laying off the weights and abs until I get back from FL. My back is feeling fine, but the neck is still sore - mostly at night as I simply cannot find a position to sleep in that makes it happy. Hard to believe we leave a week from tomorrow! I've got to start making lists. My sister and her husband are in Helsinki right now as he's reffing the NHL exhibition games there. They fly back in Saturday and we arrive on Wednesday.

On the VERY unfun side, I'm going to get a filling replaced this afternoon. It chipped quite awhile ago, and since my lower jaw can't be completely numbed and it wasn't exposing anything, my dentist and I were both quite happy to agree on waiting. But now some things are starting to irritate it. Hot and cold I think and twice in the last week it's gotten really painful, so I'm biting the bullet and going in. If I wasn't going to FL, I'm probably put it off till I go in next month for cleaning, but I don't want to get down there and have it start bothering me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.