workout shoes

Hi:)
I am fairly new to the Cathe workouts but am quickly falling in love with them! I am in need of new shoes and was wondering what kinds you use for these high impact workouts. I do lots of different exercises so I just need an all-around good shoe with lots of support. I usually get running shoes unless I find a cross-trainer with the right amount of cushioning. I ususally go to 3-4 stores before I find one that fits right...so frustrating!

THanks!
Mary Kate:)

I use Nike Shox for everything. I have several pairs and I love them.:)

ETA: I see this is your first post so I wanted to say welcome Mary Kate! You will love it here.

I use Ryka shoes for working out (Rhythm II's) and Asics for running. Running shoes generally don't have the proper cushioning for all the lateral movement you do in a step workout. And aerobic shoes are cushioned differently than running shoes. Generally speaking, if you're going to do an activity more than about 3 times a week, you should have a specific shoe for that activity.

And welcome! Warning - this place is addictive!!:)

Ryka Rhythm IIs for me as well for Cathe. I am really happy with them. Shop around on the internet for a good price. Also ASICS for running, just like Shelley. I have these really comfortable pair of New Balance trail running shoes that I wear around town.

--Lois

"If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning" - Mahatma Ghandi

I just yesterday ordered myself some Ryka Rhythm IIs after reading other's suggestions on another thread. My feet are what give me the most problems as I work out so I decided to give them a try. Sure can't find them in stores though - had to get them online. (Welcome to the forum!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.