Workout Routine - your opinions

ImFiddY

Cathlete
I'm trying this workout plan and would like your opinions on it. Because I'm older and overweight I'm trying to do more cardio. But with a bad knee I'm sticking with the elliptical and stationary bike.

I'm working on Cardio Coach Vol #2 and I finally can do all the challenges ! Then after cardio I do STS meso 2 (not the legs). But what I'll do is just part of the routine. For example, one day I'll do just the chest portion after the cardio, and the next day I'll do just the back routine and the next day I'll do the shoulders & tri's and the next day I'll do the biceps. So I'm working 6-7 days with cardio and weights.

I find that after the cardio coach routine I just can't do the whole STS disc. Is this a bad plan? Good plan ?

I love cardio coach !!!!!

I think that this is perfectly fine routine but my comments are dependent on what particular fitness goals you are trying to achieve. It might be helpful if you told us your fitness goals. That being said, I would do the weight routine first and then do cardio. Of course it would even be better, if your schedule permits, to separate the weigh routine and cardio routine by several hours.

I have a goal to lose 20# this year. Last year I lost 17# but I gained 7# back over the winter.

I'm 50 yrs old so I want to weight train to help my body age. I would also love to see something other than bat wings on the back of my arms.

I'm trying this workout plan and would like your opinions on it. Because I'm older and overweight I'm trying to do more cardio. But with a bad knee I'm sticking with the elliptical and stationary bike.

I'm working on Cardio Coach Vol #2 and I finally can do all the challenges ! Then after cardio I do STS meso 2 (not the legs). But what I'll do is just part of the routine. For example, one day I'll do just the chest portion after the cardio, and the next day I'll do just the back routine and the next day I'll do the shoulders & tri's and the next day I'll do the biceps. So I'm working 6-7 days with cardio and weights.

I find that after the cardio coach routine I just can't do the whole STS disc. Is this a bad plan? Good plan ?

I love cardio coach !!!!!
Hi ImFiddY!
I think your plan looks okay. The thing is to keep switching it up. I'm a bit older than you and have similar goals and I'm currently doing full body circuit workouts on M-W-F followed by cardio intervals (I ADORE Cardio Coach and do them on an elliptical, too). I keep my circuit workouts to around 30 minutes. I try to do a short CC (Volume 1, 2, or 3) on the same day. On the off days I do 30 minutes of a moderate activity that I enjoy, like walking or hiking -- anything like that. This is where I utilize steady state cardio. I never do workouts longer than 30 or 35 minutes. My plan is to follow this rotation for 4 weeks then switch it up a bit by changing the exercises in my circuit.

BTW, are you on the CC mailing list? I got an email update and they have re-released the original Volumes 1 and 2, and if you purchase them before Valentine's Day you can get 10% off. The discount code is heart. If you didn't get the update send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward it to you.

ETA that the Original Volumes 1 and 2 are different from the Revised versions. They are more instructional and the music is kind of jazzy. They were scored by a different composer than the rest of the workouts. I love them, especially the Original V2!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.