Workout Manager Question!

millalyte86

Cathlete
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question.. I use the "workout manager" everyday to schedule my workouts and roations and also to figure out how many calories I'm burning threw exercise each day. Does anyone know for sure if the workout manager adjusts the number of calories you burn during a workout based on your weight??

I take the number of calories it says I'm burning and subtract the number of calories I burn an hour on average (based on my BMR) and thats how I make sure I'm burning a certain number of exercise calories a week. Does anyone else do something similar to this? Just curious. I wanna make sure that the calories it says I burn are based on MY weight :)

-Lauren

I know the WM calculates the calories burned based on your weight but you have to be careful how far out you schedule your rotations.

For example, I scheduled 3 months of rotations on the calendar. By the time I got to month 3 I weighed 10 lbs. less. The workout manager seemed to have kept the calculated calories based on my old weight.

The only way I realized this is because I mark that I completed a workout from work not home and for some reason my work computer doesn't save the checkbox so I have to delete the workout and re-add it to the calendar. This allows the calories burned to be updated based on my new weight.

I don't subtract the number of calories I would burn at rest for the exercise time from my calories burned because I have a Go Wear Fit and that is what I look at to see how many calories I burn a day. However, I believe Cathe wrote an article about how you should be subtracting your at rest calories from the exercise calories to get the true number of calories burned. I don't know if the workout manager calories burned takes this into account already though or if it is truly the amount burned during exercise.

Hope that helped!

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question.. I use the "workout manager" everyday to schedule my workouts and roations and also to figure out how many calories I'm burning threw exercise each day. Does anyone know for sure if the workout manager adjusts the number of calories you burn during a workout based on your weight??

I take the number of calories it says I'm burning and subtract the number of calories I burn an hour on average (based on my BMR) and thats how I make sure I'm burning a certain number of exercise calories a week. Does anyone else do something similar to this? Just curious. I wanna make sure that the calories it says I burn are based on MY weight :)

-Lauren

Yes, our Workout Manager uses your body measurements including weight and gender to determine calories burned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.