Windows 10

cher54

Cathlete
I bought a laptop with windows 8 and was offered a free install of windows 10. After installing 10 I could not play Cathe live. I would liken the audio to a record skipping and the video did not buffer but kept freezing. I couldn't figure out what was causing this so I uninstalled 10 and reinstalled 8 and live worked fine. Any ideas as to what the problem was?

I'm still on Windows 7, and plan to stay here....not going to install 10 even though I was offered free upgrade.....7 works fine for me...
if I had to get another computer at this point, I would opt for 8.....

I only just recently updated to 8.1 and that was only for Cathe On Demand reasons. I needed the newest version of Internet Explorer, so I had to update windows. 2 days after the release of 10, I received an email from my internet carrier explaining there have been multiple issues with the new windows and if I upgraded, I needed to contact them after to help fix and problems that it will create for my internet explorer. So I am not upgrading for a least a long time.

I only just recently updated to 8.1 and that was only for Cathe On Demand reasons. I needed the newest version of Internet Explorer, so I had to update windows. 2 days after the release of 10, I received an email from my internet carrier explaining there have been multiple issues with the new windows and if I upgraded, I needed to contact them after to help fix and problems that it will create for my internet explorer. So I am not upgrading for a least a long time.
All this is good to know..I keep getting requests to reserve upgrade to 10, but didn't because I feared issues. Billie Gates will have to suffer!!

Wish I had written something sooner. At my workplace, we were receiving requests to reserve upgrade to10. (We use 8.1) A friend that works in IT advised us not to "upgrade." He told us there were still bugs to be worked out. Sorry, totally spaced out, until I read this thread.

Justine, no surprise, it's working for you. Your positive attitude is sending out good vibes, even to Microsoft!! But seriously, that's just what we were told. I hope it continues to work for you, It should be a great system.

Hello cher54. Months before it was released, we had already tested CatheLive and Cathe OnDemand on Windows 10 successfully. With the new Edge browser, it works quite well. A couple questions: First, are you using the new Edge browser, or the old version of Internet Explorer that remains installed? I would recommend using Edge. Second, do you have Flash installed? Although we use a different player for OnDemand, CatheLive still uses Flash Player to play the videos. If you don't have this installed into your new Edge browser, the videos will not work. Please let me know if this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello cher54. Months before it was released, we had already tested CatheLive and Cathe OnDemand on Windows 10 successfully. With the new Edge browser, it works quite well. A couple questions: First, are you using the new Edge browser, or the old version of Internet Explorer that remains installed? I would recommend using Edge. Second, do you have Flash installed? Although we use a different player for OnDemand, CatheLive still uses Flash Player to play the videos. If you don't have this installed into your new Edge browser, the videos will not work. Please let me know if this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Curt, Thank you for your response. I was using Edge and I believe Flash Player is installed on my laptop. I think I saw that when I researched the problem. I could easily be wrong about Flash so I will look again. Thanks again!

Windows 10 is a good OS, but you have to update it every time. Everything has to be updated. I had very bad experience with it when it came out. The drivers for everything on my PC was terrible and were old. But I found on the internet a thing called free driver updater Windows and it helped me a lot. It is very easy to update my drivers, plus it is free and I don’t need to pay from my wallet, because I don’t have any money... Anyway, this free driver updater helped me a lot and made my PC to be crazy fast and really powerful.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.