Why on earth do ppl pay more on ebay

Boybert

Cathlete
than Cathe sells her DVDs for. I can't get over that. I've bid on a couple things, but I refuse to pay the same or more when I can get it new. The idea is to get a decent deal, right? People are nuts over there :eek:

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

You've got that right!!! I have bought many of my Cathe DVD's off eBay and have gotten good buys. One time I saw the Rhythmic Step DVD (with two more workouts) go for $76.00 and that didn't even include shipping!!!

I agree. It's nuts! But I still bid on them anyway. I just enter my highest maximum bid, usually $10-15, and then forget about it. I did win once, though- I got High Step Circuit for $13 plus $3 shipping. It was used.
It's a (I think) comparatively easy workout, so I'm really glad I didn't get it from Cathe for full price!
I wish sometimes they had a place to post info on the items- I'm so tempted to email some of the bidders and tell them!!! LOL

No one likes to lose so I think all the determination..."that I must win" gets the prices up really high sometimes. Its fun when your the seller. There have been times I almost fell out of my chair and squealing like alittle kid.

Charlotte~~

I have actually gotten almost all of my Cathe DVDs on ebay but I have a rule that the highest I will bid is no more than $5 less than buying them new.

The reason I got mine from ebay is because I sold all of my other crappy (to me) Firm, Karen Voight, etc. videos plus my Cathe VHS when I got the DVD. I made enough money on them that I was essentially trading the bad stuff for the good stuff.

I don't get it either. I've been outbid on a few and I would think you can have it for that price! I try and not pay more than it sells for here w/s&h. In fact, I really go for the new still in shrink wrap ones. I got two really good deals on those.

I've thought about selling, is it hard? I guess I'm nervous about not getting paid.

I don't know,
I never bid on ebay, because you don't get a garauntee on the video like you do with Cathe. If something goes wrong I like the fact that customer service will work with me to remedy the situation. With ebay, I just feel like their is no garauntee.

I have considered paying more for the Rhythmic Step + DVD because it has been on backorder for quite awhile now. The whole supply vs demand thing....

>I've thought about selling, is it hard? I guess I'm nervous
>about not getting paid.
>
I've been selling on Ebay since around 1998. I've had very few problems. Only one non-payment over the years (I reported it, and was not assessed listing or final value charges on it, I think), and one women who kept giving me a suspicous run-around, trying to get me to sign up for Paypal so she'd get a $5 credit for refering me (the total sale, with shipping was $6!) and saying she had sent a check, then a second one (but the bank charged $25 for canceling the first check,, but she did it anyway). I finally got paid, but she was stringing me on till the end of the month,, I think.

Aside from those two instances, which were not major, I can't think of any other bad experiences. (except a recent one with a chick who sent me money via wire and didn't tell me she was going to!) IMO, the people who are in the market for workouts are maybe a better group of folks, more trustworthy (and if not, I always post that I reserve the right to hold their personal check 10 business days for clearing, and otherwise prefer Money Orders or Cahier's checks).

The entire selling process--from listing the items to managing your account--has gotten MUCH easier since when I started. I used to have to make up individual payment notices to send to buyers, but now there's a whole area where you can easily do it.

I've done two batches of Ebay sales this month (all workout DVD's that I'm cleaning out), and have made over $300 total (well, not actually "made" if you factor in how much I paid originally, but it feels nice when I don't do those calculations!). It's a great place to find a good home for those DVD's/CD's/videos you don't want (and can't return because they're opened).

I know, whats up with that? I agree with you completely I just don't understand (even if it is on backorder) I have seen 2 or 3 DVD's now go sooooo high. I don't get it. I have purchased a couple dvd's on ebay (cathe of course) and my LOVELY black and grey club step, but I only go as high as being able to tell my DH "I got such a deal on this" will allow.

>I've done two batches of Ebay sales this month (all workout
>DVD's that I'm cleaning out), and have made over $300 total
>(well, not actually "made" if you factor in how much I paid
>originally, but it feels nice when I don't do those
>calculations!). It's a great place to find a good home for
>those DVD's/CD's/videos you don't want (and can't return
>because they're opened).

Good for you Kathryn! Thanks for the detailed reply. That's what I'm thinking about doing selling the work outs that are collecting dust. I usually just good will everything, but after seeing what work out tapes/DVDs go for on Ebay, I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks again, Dallas

I actually purchased 5 or 6 Cathe VHS tapes (used) for about 6 dollars each. It was great because it gave me an opportunity to try many of her videos for cheap and then decide if I wanted to invest in the DVD. Brought them on ebay (maybe from someone on these board) and had no trouble. I definitely would not pay more than she sells them for on the site.

Kim

There are many people that buy off ebay because they do not want to deal with SNM. So it's really just personal preference.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.