Whole 30

lainabaina

Cathlete
i'm going to try this starting on Aug 1. one of my teammates suggested it to me and I just got the book yesterday, It Starts with Food.

anyone tried it? fill me in. i already eat 80-85% paleo now, so i think i can do it.

I hadn't heard of this book, so I Googled "Whole 30" and found a blog where the blogger talked about how the program went for her. She gives you her impressions of the plan and literally shows you what she ate day-by-day. She's actually completed the program twice. I found it interesting. Here's the link:

The Whole30 Recap: EVERY SINGLE DAY. | Nom Nom Paleo

It looks interesting, but I'm not quite ready for a food plan like this! :D

i am on day 16 and loving this way of eating. sometimes i find myself wanting my comfort food (peanut butter toast w/ banana & honey) and a cup of coffee with creamer, but i think abt it for a minute and it's gone. and the cravings are starting to wane altogether. i am sure after the 30 days is up i will add some foods back in but not too many and not all at once. i feel more alert and starting to get my energy back (the first week is an energy-sapper) and one thing i noticed is my knee pain is gone. i wasn't really even thinking about it, but I noticed it yesterday that I don't have that pain any longer. another thing is that i am taking the time to cook instead of just throwing things together last-minute or just snacking on whatever I had around.

Lainabaina - Please continue to keep us posted as to how this is going for you. I too try to stay as close to paleo as I can and have been reading up on the whole 30 so I am interested in how the whole 30 goes for you. I fell off the wagon big time this week (food-wise) and feel just awful - need to get back into the swing of thing!

Thanks for the link Lisa. This web site is fantastic!:) There are a ton of recipes that all sound super yummy.

I hadn't heard of this book, so I Googled "Whole 30" and found a blog where the blogger talked about how the program went for her. She gives you her impressions of the plan and literally shows you what she ate day-by-day. She's actually completed the program twice. I found it interesting. Here's the link:

The Whole30 Recap: EVERY SINGLE DAY. | Nom Nom Paleo

It looks interesting, but I'm not quite ready for a food plan like this! :D

I did a whole 30 but had been eating 95+% paleo for months before that. What I changed during the whole 30 was having only 1 piece of fruit (or none at all!) a day - prior to that I probably had more like 3-4 servings. Since cutting out the fruit my sweets cravings diminished drastically. I also didn't have any paleo treats like muffins or pancakes that used coconut or almond flour. After the 30 days I tried peanut butter for a week and then plain greek yogurt as my "test" items. Both of them weren't worth it. I broke out from the peanut butter and the yogurt upset my stomach.

My cousin and her husband did a whole 30 and both lost lots of weight and hadnnothing but great things to say about the experience!

Last edited:
fossey said:
Thanks for the link Lisa. This web site is fantastic!:) There are a ton of recipes that all sound super yummy.

I agree....did you see that recipe for coconut butter. I'll be making it soon. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.