Who else is disappointed in BF?

Ugh, I just came back from BF shopping. We did the second wave theory which usually works (get in before the real second wave as the first wave is leaving). We had no waits in lines for the most part which was great. I ended up getting the best deals for my dog (though I did pick up some nice athletic stuff at Dicks but not at amazing prices). What really killed me is that I braved the Macys shoe sale and my poor DH was the one in the line to go get me pairs of everything I needed in a line of very pushy women and I found this great pair for $24.99. I had a coupon for $10 off of $25 any sale OR CLEARANCE and after spending ten minutes to find something to put me over the top, they wouldn't honor the $10 coupon and even the salesperson had a hard time explaining its exclusion policy. Grrr. I mean, I still got some nice shoes but what was going to be my really nice purchase of the day just became a nice purchase of the day. I take shopping to be a competitive sport and man I just failed out this year. Any luck for anyone else? (In store, not online. Online I'm doing much better.)

Please don't think i'm too obsessive! I was just looking forward to today...

i am not one for black friday but we had to run out for something yesterday and happened to hit ollie's where they had $8 mp3 players. so we picked up one for our daughter. she is 10 and autistic so if she breaks it its not a total loss. we had to get another car since our van died so i was less excited about black friday. usually i sometimes think if i get up i will try but i never set out to make sure i am there. past years were just never good experiences for me and i usually wind up finding good deals anyway. i swear its like a shopping deal angel just falls in my lap if i am meant to have something LOL.

why wouldn't they honor your coupon? i am surprised b/c macy's CEO was on good morning america saying the NEED shoppers, not how much they spend per shopper but they just want you in there. if they won't honor coupons how are they to KEEP shoppers looking for quality items at hot deals?!

i still think for macy's you got a great deal b/c i have always found those stores to be overpriced on certain items. i buy work shoes there for dh b/c i would rather spend $100 for a good pair of steel toed,non slip shoes in his size, then what wal-mart or target offer and the shoe stores are more over priced then department stores.

sorry you didn't have the luck you were looking for but with the tough times ahead i am sure you will have a shopping deal angel fall in your lap for items as well. they are having sales all month long so hopefully you find something good in your travels. have a ross or tj maxx nearby? they are my all year round black friday stores LOL

kassia

Macy's is right by my house, and I haven't been there in years. Their advertising is totally deceptive, and the coupons are never worth the paper they are printed on. I even had trouble returning things. There is never anyone working there so you can expect to run around to several departments before you find a cashier who doesn't send you somewhere else.

On the other hand, Kohl's is across the street from Macy's, and I have to make an attempt to stay away from that store. There coupons are fabulous, no fuss, no muss, they are wonderful about returns, and the online store is fantastic...

The Kohls near my parents' home in NJ is fantastic but the one near mine sucks. Things are mislabeled all the time, cashiers forget to add discounts, they make mistakes, its annoying to return things...I literally ask my parents to buy from their fantastic Kohls and send stuff to me because I hate the one near my home (and its the only one for miles so its always crowded). I read that retailers did well this weekend...at least someone won this weekend! ::groan::

The Kohls near my parents' home in NJ is fantastic but the one near mine sucks. Things are mislabeled all the time, cashiers forget to add discounts, they make mistakes, its annoying to return things...I literally ask my parents to buy from their fantastic Kohls and send stuff to me because I hate the one near my home (and its the only one for miles so its always crowded). I read that retailers did well this weekend...at least someone won this weekend! ::groan::

sounds like every kmart i have been in on the east coast. :confused: i have only been in our kohl's once. its hard for them to compete with me when old navy and ross are right next door and target is across the street. i like quality but i love affordability as well. i find either ross or target do grant me both but ross is touch and go on a lot of items but i am always bound to find something worth the buy at ross or maxx. i have a place called rugged warehouse where i got some awesome kitchen aid cookie sheets for $8 a piece. and kitchen aid stuff is not cheap elsewhere so i have fortunate in that sense with all the discount stores selling the same brands cheaper.

kassia

I'm a BF shopper (early bird only) but was underwhelmed this year. I usually strategize Thanksgiving night and make a plan to get in and get out quickly. For what I needed to buy, the deals weren't as spectacular this year. And as more and more people join the madness, some of the magic is fading for me. I don't know that it is worth facing the growing crowds anymore. Majority of my shopping is done online...next year, maybe all of it!

Just had to chime in and say that I was just reading the exclusions on the back of a Macy's $$ off coupon -- and I'm not sure what is left that I can use it for!! I also agree that they're often woefully understaffed. And then there's the part at the end of the transaction when they ask you to go online and rate their service!

Sorry...don't mean to sound so grouchy! But seeing others share my feelings about the Macy's shopping experience just got my fingers going!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.