Which workout Amy Bento to buy?

try2bfit

I wanted to buy some kickboxing dvds. I definitely want to buy Amy Bento Surge (read great reviews). Just wondering if I should also buy Amy Bento Hi/Lo Knockout and/or Amy Bento Kickbox Extreme. I was also considering Tracey Staehle's new one or Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30 minute Kickboxing. Any comments would be appreciated. I mostly have Cathe dvds. I have 2 KCM (not kickboxing), and I don't have any Amy Bento or Tracey Staehle.
Thanks,
Jody

I really enjoy Staehle's Cardio Kickbox Challenge. It is fun and Jericho and Josef are great co-leaders. It also has great premixes. Staehle's Strike Zone was just OK.

Bento's Kickbox Surge is fun and high intensity. I like Bento's Hi/Low Knockout but her Kickbox Extreme is just Ok. Bento's 'Rumble' is just too low intensity for my taste

For boxing (ie not kickboxing) I enjoy Michael Olajide the most. His form is impeccable and his DVDs are fun. Try his Aerobox or Aero Jump/Sculpt DVD.

Kimberly Spreen's- CIA2904-Combat Surge is different and fun . She does combat intervals with a weighted bar. She also utilizes a medicine ball in one of the segments.

I also like some of Illaria Montagnani's "Powerstrike DVDs.

The new Tracey cardio kickbox challenge is great. I also go back to Bento's Kickbox Surge again and again. I like KCM quite a bit, I would say she is cathe light especially on the kickbox and it usually has some good premix options. I have Bento's kickbox extreme and it is good, but I like Surge better. So to wrap the above up, I would say IMHO : positively Surge and Kickbox Challenge, maybe to the others.

Amy Bento's In the Ring is my all time favorite. Love the med ball intervals. I also have her KB surge which is a close second.

The only Tracy Staehle I have is cardio kickbox challenge. It is good but sometimes gets off the beat which bugs me.

Ditto on Michael Olajide AeroJump/Sculpt (jump rope intervals & sculpting moves) and Illaria Montangnani Powerstrikes...both are very good.

I love Amy :) He All Cardio Hi Lo Knockout is my all time favourite Amy, followed closely by Kickbox surge. However, All cardio hi/lo knockout is not really kickboxing, only the intervals are, and even then, it's very hi-lo-ish. If you're looking for a more kickbox style, then In the Ring and Kickbox Xtreme are far better. I do like Kickbox Xtreme, but I like In the Ring more. Kickbox Xtreme is a little hi/lo-ish, but it is mostly Kickbox. If you're worried about the med ball in In the Ring, you can easliy substitute with a Dumbell.

BUT if you're into Hi/Lo... All cardio Hi lo Knockout is AWESOME :) (And burns more calories for me than the same amount of iNSANITY)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.