which mp4 player?

cindy_975

Cathlete
My DVD player died this week, so while I am waiting for a nice shiny replacement from Amazon I am using the shock cardio downloads on my laptop.

I am having problems with quicktime hogging the cpu and leads to some stuttering problems (some small some big). I do not own an Ipod, nor do I have plans to buy one in the near future, so the laptop is how I will use these mp4 files in future as well.

Anyone use a different player or have advice on which one works best?

Thanks
Cindy

Playing a Download on a computer

Do you have a PC or a MAC? Can you also tell us your operating system, amount of RAM and processor speed?

mp4 player

I have a PC laptop..1.5 GHz Pentium M processor, 1.5G RAM, with Windows XP SP3. Not sure if this is just the Cathe videos as I've never tried any others.
DVD's play OK, so does Netflix streaming video (not perfect, but minimal stutters and no freezing).

On the advice of the IT guy from work, I tried VLAC. While the CPU load is less, the stutters are still there and the menu's aren't available. Travel fit seems to be the least affected. Circuit Blast and Core Cardio Circuit are when I noticed the problem.

My new DVD player will be here in a week, and I can use what I have in the meantime, just wanted to see if there was an easy fix. And yes, a new computer is on the list to buy, but i was so hoping to make it to a new OS past Windows 7!

Thanks
Cindy

Zune

I'm not sure if anything will work great on your current laptop. It just doesn't have enough ram or processor speed to work great, but you might have some luck downloading Zune software. In our testing it seems to run more smoothly on older PC's. Here is some information on this from our cathedownloads tutorial:

Open Zune desktop software. Start by launching the Zune application on
your PC. If you don’t have Zune desktop software installed, you can download it at: http://zune.net/en-us/products/software/download/default.htm Follow Microsoft’s
instructions for installing the program.

Last edited:
Thanks for trying!

Zune won't run a mp4 file (audio/video hardwear issue) on my computer.
The slight stuttering of VLAC seems to be the best option. To be honest, it's really only distracting when you are watching the video (not so much when you're doing the workouts!)

So, my laptop is too blame, too slow and too old :( I never checked the system requirements for downloads since I always use the DVD's. I only started playing with the (free with pre-order) shock cardio downloads when the DVD player died.

Good thing this is only temporary.
This morning I did PLB on the laptop DVD player; I will do all my workout DVD's the same way until the new player comes in a week, I just thought to try the mp4 files since I had them.

Thanks for the help :)

Cindy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.